IGNORED

SECRET SANTA 2022

R1s1ngs0n

On 12/25/2022 at 4:25 PM, Reagh said:

My Good Friend @Casiusco I hope you are having a Wonderful Christmas, I am very sorry your Christmas present hasn’t arrived yet 😢 I cannot understand why … it was sent with the 7 to 10 day shipping option and it’s been in route for almost 20 days with no updates on the tracking. 😡 I hope it reaches you soon my Friend. 

Sometimes these things happen. And more in this time of so many shipments running from one place to another. But do not worry. I didn't expect to receive anything, and I'll be happy just the same when it comes, whatever it is. 

My mother taught me that when a congratulations comes from someone nice, that's always a good thing. ;) 

fb4f366b95916e884f93df2cd9d1e1b1.gif

• Like 16

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Evening all my Dear Friends and a Very Merry Christmas to each and all of you!  🎅

I am so very privileged, to have the opportunity to provide a pic of my incredible Secret Santa treasures from an incredible Forum member, @BreakBeatDJ  🤩

I can hardly believe the incredible generosity of this fine Gentleman, whom I must admit, I was only fleetingly familiar with prior to this wonderful reception.

We shared a few notes betwixt us before Christmas but  little did I know, that by mentioning a few items I had on my Santa list, the Chap would leap hurdles to fulfill dang near the entire list!!!

I happily present to you, the following;

first, the book, The Teutonic Knights, is one I've been eying for sometime now. I am a strong history enthusiast and I have a number of books (and vids) on many of the Crusader Orders that arose during that conflict (i.e. Templars, Hospitaliers). The TK was an Order that I knew only a bit about, since the majority of their history is far from the deserts of the Levant and focused more on the "Pagan" settlements of Livonia, Lithuania and Poland during the tumults of the 10th to 12 centuries. This book, written in 1903 by one of the preeminent scholars of the early 20th Century (Sienkiewicz) will go far in fleshing out many aspects of the Order I was not aware of.

- next, the Card Deck "Mythical Creatures" is drop dead gorgeous and a total surprise! It beautifully illustrates some fearsome medieval critters that I'm sure flew on the pennants of many army battlefields during that romantic timeframe.

- then of course, we have not one but TWO incredible tv series that I've been chomping at the bit to watch and had certainly full plans on purchasing. Those being "Vikings" and "The Last Kingdom". Again, two eras from our martial past I have only fleeting information on.

- then, the extra mile, some delicious yummies for me as well! I love Lindor chocolates and I'm not about to share these ones with anyone! heh heh.

- The chocolate covered pretzels, now that's something I had no idea even existed! Since I love both chocolate AND pretzels, I very much look forward to munching on these, whilst watching my great new tv series' !!!  😍

Thank-you, ever so much once again Mark and I assure you, I am giddy with excitement delving into each one of these wonderful gifts!  😍

Pic:

Gifts from Mark Farmwald.JPG

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 26

5 hours ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening all my Dear Friends and a Very Merry Christmas to each and all of you!  🎅

I am so very privileged, to have the opportunity to provide a pic of my incredible Secret Santa treasures from an incredible Forum member, @BreakBeatDJ  🤩

I can hardly believe the incredible generosity of this fine Gentleman, whom I must admit, I was only fleetingly familiar with prior to this wonderful reception.

We shared a few notes betwixt us before Christmas but  little did I know, that by mentioning a few items I had on my Santa list, the Chap would leap hurdles to fulfill dang near the entire list!!!

first, the book, The Teutonic Knights, is one I've been eying for sometime now. I am a strong history enthusiast and I have a number of books (and vids) on many of the Crusader Orders that arose during that conflict (i.e. Templars, Hospitaliers). The TK was an Order that I knew only a bit about, since the majority of their history is far from the deserts of the Levant and focused more on the "Pagan" settlements of Livonia, Lithuania and Poland during the tumults of the 10th to 12 centuries. This book, written in 1903 by one of the preeminent scholars of the early 20th Century (Sienkiewicz) will go far in fleshing out many aspects of the Order I was not aware of.

- next, the Card Deck "Mythical Creatures" is drop dead gorgeous and a total surprise! It beautifully illustrates some fearsome medieval critters that I'm sure flew on the pennants of many army battlefields during that romantic timeframe.

- then of course, we have not one but TWO incredible tv series that I've been chomping at the bit to watch and had certainly full plans on purchasing. Those being "Vikings" and "The Last Kingdom". Again, two eras from our martial past I have only fleeting information on.

- then, the extra mile, some delicious yummies for me as well! I love Lindor chocolates and I'm not about to share these ones with anyone! heh heh.

- The chocolate covered pretzels, now that's something I had no idea even existed! Since I love both chocolate AND pretzels, I very much look forward to munching on these, whilst watching my great new tv series' !!!  😍

Thank-you, ever so much once again Mark and I assure you, I am giddy with excitement delving into each one of these wonderful gifts!  😍

Pic:

🥰

@Grendel moved your post here 😉

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

With the exception of @capricornio34232 and myself, who will only be able to share pics of their gifts later in January, the following Santas have yet to post pictures of their gifts:

@bearlol @BreakBeatDJ @Chief_lookout @cypheria078 @Hollywood E Rock @JojoFrance76 @juveunu @nathan_s82 @notdan @ryanbsmith @Steelbook Indy @Toapel @Tonic24k

Remember: no pic, no  Secret Santa award 😁

giphy.gif

• Like 10
  • Haha 4

So, is as promised the Psychotics 🤣 I thank immensely my Secret Santa who is none other than the illustrious Gladiator Thomas @cypheria078 🥰🥰🥰

Yes you heard right it is still a legend this guy 👍
No, come on, let's get serious but in fact I don't know what it means to be serious.

As always, this is one of my most cherished moments of the year and once again I found the right person  
I love you my little one 🤣🤣🤣

Of course I will not forget this second family which is also yours, the Team MP, which, without these emeritus members all this would not exist has the power to gather daily joy and especially laughter 😍😍😍

Thanks a lot and I wish you all a wonderful holiday season 😘😘😘

Take care

Laurent 🤪

221218054033730818071775.thumb.jpg.b924b2dd325323b181cde772d8875b69.jpg

221228020743730818078558.thumb.jpg.de07f1c547d219692d0d745bee31e5f7.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Grendel said:

Pic:

🥰

Hey Jeff!!  @Grendel  So glad that everything arrived safely and you liked the lot.  It was fun hunting that stuff down and learning about some new TV shows.

I hope the rest of your holiday was great.  It was an absolute pleasure getting to know you through this process.

Utz has been a regional producer of pretzels since the 1920s I believe.  They have many other chips and snacks and are national now, as of the last 15 years or so, but they still feel regional to me.  I hope you like them.  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Sometimes these things happen. And more in this time of so many shipments running from one place to another. But do not worry. I didn't expect to receive anything, and I'll be happy just the same when it comes, whatever it is. 

My mother taught me that when a congratulations comes from someone nice, that's always a good thing. ;) 

fb4f366b95916e884f93df2cd9d1e1b1.gif

@Reagh Now you know why I look up to this guy. 😄

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

With the exception of @capricornio34232 and myself, who will only be able to share pics of their gifts later in January, the following Santas have yet to post pictures of their gifts:

@bearlol @BreakBeatDJ @Chief_lookout @cypheria078 @Hollywood E Rock @JojoFrance76 @juveunu @nathan_s82 @notdan @ryanbsmith @Steelbook Indy @Toapel @Tonic24k

Remember: no pic, no  Secret Santa award 😁

giphy.gif

@Tonic24k and I both had a lot going on with family and travel through New Years so we decided to exchange after that. We will post in January for sure!

• Like 8

• ★ Administrators ★

Thank you my dear @bearlol for the awesome presents. Some items was in my wishlist for a long time, and you did it 🥰

Unfortunately, the sweeties are already gone 😅 but I can say it was delicious 😋 

6AE95C30-FDBA-47A9-BD20-C841669D4774.thumb.jpeg.5eb51edefcd8290046155c5b96b8e8b9.jpeg

Thank you @R1s1ngs0n for handling this special event 🙏

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cypheria078 said:

Thank you my dear @bearlol for the awesome presents. Some items was in my wishlist for a long time, and you did it 🥰

Unfortunately, the sweeties are already gone 😅 but I can say it was delicious 😋 

6AE95C30-FDBA-47A9-BD20-C841669D4774.thumb.jpeg.5eb51edefcd8290046155c5b96b8e8b9.jpeg

Thank you @R1s1ngs0n for handling this special event 🙏

Great gifts from one of my fav Secret Santas🎅 From the past my buddy Laurent❣️

Tom I got all 4 seasons of Westworld but still need to watch them all, have you seen any and if you did what did you think of this series? 🤔 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
12 minutes ago, Veum said:

Tom I got all 4 seasons of Westworld but still need to watch them all, have you seen any and if you did what did you think of this series? 🤔

I had started watching a few years ago but had finally given up because I had lost the thread of the story.
I'm starting the series again from the beginning, under good conditions this time, and I'm really enjoying it. 
I'm at the end of season 2 and I hope season 3 will be as good.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cypheria078 said:

I had started watching a few years ago but had finally given up because I had lost the thread of the story.
I'm starting the series again from the beginning, under good conditions this time, and I'm really enjoying it. 
I'm at the end of season 2 and I hope season 3 will be as good.

That's interesting.  That was exactly what happened to me.  I started and got in to it, and sometime toward the end of season 2 got distracted or something and didn't get back in to it.  I have now recently started from the beginning and am more focused.  Are those West Worlds steels?

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

That's interesting.  That was exactly what happened to me.  I started and got in to it, and sometime toward the end of season 2 got distracted or something and didn't get back in to it.  I have now recently started from the beginning and am more focused.  Are those West Worlds steels?

No Steelbooks, season 2 is a digipack in a slipbox and season 3 is an amaray in a thin slipbox. 

• Like 2

MEDIAPSYCHOS SECRET SANTA 2022

Thanks to the amazing @R1s1ngs0n for organizing this whole process.  I hope it's apparent to you that you are facilitating relationships around the world with this project you so effortlessly seem to manage, and I am truly grateful.

(If you don't read this entire post, please at least read the first section if you have time.)

My Secret Santa is a longtime and much valued member here, @Grendel.  Jeff and I had a brief exchange several months ago discussing lobby card collecting.  Other than that, I believe we were both casual readers of each other's posts. So, it was with absolute amazement that he entrusted me . . . yes, that's right, entrusted me . .  with the below gift.

The movie Allied tells the story of a Royal Canadian Air Force pilot played by Brad Pitt.  Jeff and his father were both members of this branch of the Canadian military.  In the note that accompanied my Secret Santa gifts, Jeff explained how Allied was a much loved movie for him.  When this Filmarena version came out, he bought two copies; one for himself and one for his father.  Unfortunately, his father passed before he could give it to him.

Needless to say, I was deeply humbled and moved that he would give this copy intended for his dad to me.  There really are no words.  I was absolutely stunned.   I told Jeff I would laminate his letter in a way it could be folded neatly and put inside this box set.  It will never leave my collection in my lifetime.  But when it eventually does, Jeff's note and the story of its true value will go with it.

Had he simply given me this wonderful OC from FAC without the accompanying note, it would have been an amazingly generous gift from a wonderful person.  But with the story that goes with it, it becomes something else, and the details of the edition itself seem less important than the meaning it holds.

I'm truly honored by this gift from a dear friend.  It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know you, Jeff, through our many emails during this process.  And please know that this incredibly beautiful FAC One-Click of Allied will always have a place of respect in my collection.

1447262909_20221229MPSecretSantaAlliedIMG_2930.thumb.jpg.1c3f050c21402791f351e07acd5adc76.jpg

When Jeff and I were initially discussing this process, I requested something from him:  What would you like me to have that is part of your joy of collecting?  I explained that I buy gifts for myself, from my own mind, regularly.  What I really wanted from him was a gift from the mind of @Grendel.

He did not disappoint.

Jeff has an encyclopedic knowledge of dragons.  His collection is extensive.  That's why I am so thrilled and thankful to have this amazing figure purchased for me by such an advanced and generous collector.  It is an area of collecting unknown to me, and I am thrilled to add this to my very small collection of figures.

The below is the Ice Dragon, one of the Dragon Clans, from the Fall of the Dragon Kingdom.  The detail is absolutely amazing.  I've already decided to replace my 1/24 scale 1970 Datsun 240z that sits on my desk at my coloring suite, with this fearsome, beautiful, wonderfully thoughtful gift.  It will hopefully intimidate and frighten my clients so that they aren't such a pain in my ass!  

650397272_20221229MPSecretSantaDragonIMG_2954.thumb.jpg.f43e9e6672c93528b9709a04dfdde209.jpg

As if the above wasn't enough, there was yet more generosity from this wonderful gentleman.

• GREEK SEASONINGS - Between my homemade Souvlaki, Tzatziki sauce, and Gyros, this will get used.  I was thrilled to receive a new culinary ingredient to explore

• SOUR CHERRY JAM - I believe this tasty jam will sit perfectly on my Ezekiel toast

• THE ART OF WAR - What an amazing edition of this timeless classic, It will go well with my Folio Society edition.

• KARLOFF AT COLUMBIA BLURAY - Early 40s Karloff Mad Doctor cycle (and others), WITH a new commentary?  Yes, please and thank you.

• REGIONAL TREATS AND SNACKS - There are no pics of the candies and the Hickory Sticks Jeff sent, because they did not make it long after opening

image.thumb.jpeg.2c5d318c01234865157b26632b98a4bf.jpeg

My first secret Santa on MP was an amazing one.  @Grendel there are no words to express my deep gratitude for your generosity.  You are a prince, my friend.  This experience has far exceeded my expectations.  I hope you had a very merry Christmas and you have a happy, peaceful, healthy, and prosperous new year.

Mark @BreakBeatDJ

Edited by BreakBeatDJ
  • Like 26

@BreakBeatDJ

Such thoughtful, beautifully written posts are what make this event so special and so beloved by members of our community.

I’m just the matchmaker which objectively, isn’t the most demanding or difficult job in the world 😉

Nevertheless, it’s extremely gratifying when these matches yield such strong bonds between members and I thank you for sharing your experience in such great detail and so eloquently 🙏

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@BreakBeatDJ you are truly a special member of this community and I’m grateful you joined us and continue to share so much of yourself with us.  Happy holidays indeed.

@Grendel - holy moly, you are also a truly special man and I look forward to getting to know you better and continuing to share movie recommendations.  

Happy new year fellas.

Gary

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2