IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

4 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

I know exactly what you mean, T2 is master work. And you mentioned one of my favourite directors in that quote. I love me some QT. Talking of original movies another reason why I love my other favourite director Christopher Nolan is that when he's gonna make a new movie he thinks outside the box to bring you something cool not just the usual typical movie. 

Nolan is a genius, he’s a modern day James Cameron in his prime

i always loved QT movies,  but combined with his strong backbone and refusal to pander to haters, faith in Hollywood that they can still make great movies and love of Nolan’s work and especially Dunkirk (which gets a 10/10 from me) he’s officially at the top of the list in my good books at the moment lol

In my opinion he should have gotten best director at the oscars but that’s a whole other topic 

we have plenty to be happy about this past year , if they only make ten great movies per year that’s good enough for me (and better for my wallet) hahaha

• Like 3

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Danny said:

Nolan is a genius, he’s a modern day James Cameron in his prime

i always loved QT movies,  but combined with his strong backbone and refusal to pander to haters, faith in Hollywood that they can still make great movies and love of Nolan’s work and especially Dunkirk (which gets a 10/10 from me) he’s officially at the top of the list in my good books at the moment lol

In my opinion he should have gotten best director at the oscars but that’s a whole other topic 

we have plenty to be happy about this past year , if they only make ten great movies per year that’s good enough for me (and better for my wallet) hahaha

That's how I would of replied to my message if I could of done it myself 😂😂💪 one million percent agree.

And why the hell Dunkirk gets a lot of hate off some I'll never know.🤔 It's a shame Tarantino hasn't won for best picture but heard great things about parasite. Cant wait to see it and it was great to see a very talented foreign director win, and it not be just the usual academy choices.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

That's how I would of replied to my message if I could of done it myself 😂😂💪 one million percent agree.

And why the hell Dunkirk gets a lot of hate off some I'll never know.🤔 It's a shame Tarantino hasn't won for best picture but heard great things about parasite. Cant wait to see it and it was great to see a very talented foreign director win, and it not be just the usual academy choices.

Dunkirk was the most fun I had at the movies since mad max fury road ! 😃

• Like 2

On this and Snowpiecer I am going to do all that i can to get my fat arse on a cinema seat to watch Parasite . Can I wait until June I dont think so .

BRILLIANT to expalin it is 2 serial killers in 1 town .  1 is suffering from dementia The other has a position of power .

The age old what is real what is fantasy done in a way I have never seen before with such craft and a deft touch that has left me WTF until the end worried the fifth element GIF,

JUST BLOODY FIND IT AND WATCH IT . I may give up on this Holywood same ho same oh shite and learn Korean Simon Pegg Wink GIF

• Like 2

🥤54E530F6-EABC-4B07-AF0E-CDA65C4FF56B.gif.1b122506c93262d0045d3e4957f77e6c.gif📺🎬

Driven to Kill (2009) 🎬🎬🎬🎬 directed by Jeff King

Driven to Kill

A former Russian mobster named Ruslan, who is now a crime novelist, returns home and discovers his daughter is marrying his arch nemesis. His past also comes back to haunt him when his family is threatened. Hungry for justice, Ruslan returns to the life he once knew…with a vengeance.

• Like 1

Watching

image.jpeg.e0b8c9d4a5d87a2f9115cdeea3fc9f24.jpeg

Rootin’ for

image.png.cb14196715bb3f276ddd4310d23c8d17.png     

Jimmie Johnson 

NEWS

As seven-time NASCAR Cup champion Johnson prepares for his final Daytona 500, he already is thinking about his "bucket list" in 2021. Atop Johnson's bucket list after retiring from full-time NASCAR competition this year? The chance to drive an Indy car and potentially compete in a handful of NTT INDYCAR Series races next season, NBC Sports reports.

IMPACT

Johnson has made statements in the past about running some IRL races, so this news comes as little surprise. He would like to run a street course or road course in this racing series. Johnson has also expressed interest in running sports cars in 2021. With his 38-race NASCAR schedule disappearing after 2020, Johnson will have all the time in the world to pursue other forms of racing he'd like to try.

Date of Birth 9/17/1975

Height, Weightimage.thumb.jpeg.d7cebe3d98e6bbc53becf476a6fc0def.jpeg

image.jpeg.ed85d47ae1ece4fb42d3c60fc13ff0b0.jpeg

5'11", --
From
Jimmie Johnson 

Chevrolet | Jeff Gordon
Date of Birth 9/17/1975
Height, Weight  
El Cajon, CA 
Sponsor Ally Financial
Debut 2002

• Like 2

Well watched this afternoon Joker 

Spoiler free .

I can see why it is marmite the Love / Hate debate .

I completely LOVED it . So SO  different to anything that has gone before .

Me = VERY GOOD
Kai = Fantastic 
Jas = Good
Rich = Confused

It really is a in the eye of the beholder for what they will think of this movie . 

The soundtrack like Pheonix and the Cinematography is  BRILLIANT .

So pleased I signed up for what HdZ will bring us down the line .

• Like 6

Just finished watching The Drop again after a few years without seing it.

Tom hardy and James Gandolfini were great in it I think , with a quality twist at the end defo worth a watch or a rewatch.

This film didnt even realy get much attention I dont think when first released but I love films were you cant tell what the ending is going to be like.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Conjuring88 said:

Just finished watching The Drop again after a few years without seing it.

Tom hardy and James Gandolfini were great in it I think , with a quality twist at the end defo worth a watch or a rewatch.

This film didnt even realy get much attention I dont think when first released but I love films were you cant tell what the ending is going to be like.

THANK YOU @Conjuring88

One I will DEFFO add to my must see list 👍

• Like 2

Finished Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood last night after 3~ days of binge watching

fullmetal alchemist fire GIF

Thanks to Netflix I now catch up with some good Animes I missed or was too stingy to buy.

The ending or perhaps more the endfight was a bit underwhelming but just loved the characters. All very well-written with believable relationships.

• Like 4

🥤54E530F6-EABC-4B07-AF0E-CDA65C4FF56B.gif.1b122506c93262d0045d3e4957f77e6c.gif📺🎬

SEARCHING (2018) 🎬🎬🎬🎬 🎬 directed by Aneesh Chaganty

Searching

NO ONE IS LOST WITHOUT A TRACE

After David Kim’s 16-year-old daughter goes missing, a local investigation is opened and a detective is assigned to the case. But 37 hours later and without a single lead, David decides to search the one place no one has looked yet, where all secrets are kept today: his daughter’s laptop.

• Like 2

image.thumb.jpeg.93801a3bd2997d1988093983cb758ba4.jpeg

History Channel 📺

Washington tells the story of how a fatherless young soldier full of personal ambition becomes a leader of men willing to sacrifice all for the common cause. How a once-loyal British subject rises to battle an empire in a liberty-or-death campaign to forge a new nation. And then how, at the zenith of his power, the victorious general voluntarily steps down, becoming what King George III would call “the greatest man in the world.”

Believing his public duty complete, he heads into retirement ready to be a farmer. But with the young country on the verge of collapse, he is once again called to lead, creating the most powerful and successful democracy in history. You may think you know George Washington, but there’s more to our preeminent founding father than you’ve been told. Washington chips away the marble to reveal the man at the heart of our nation’s story. You’ll never look at George Washington, or the founding of our country, the same way again.

image.thumb.jpeg.cef78014f3a84a69f04e4a0ad6ac30fe.jpeg

Washington

S 1 E 1

Loyal Subject

A young George Washington hungers for fame and prestige as an officer in the British military. Sent by the British royal governor to deliver an ultimatum to the French in the West, the inexperienced young Washington learns a hard lesson about leadership when his failures in the field inadvertently kick off a world war. Washington emerges from this conflict as America's first folk hero, just as he begins to grow disenchanted with the empire he once aspired to serve. And with a wealthy new wife at his side and a lucrative business at Mount Vernon, Washington has put himself at the center of this country's story--chosen to lead the coming revolution.

• Like 1

Boundaries  (2018) 🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Shana Feste

WITH EVERY ROAD TRIP COMES BAGGAGE

Single mom Laura, along with her awkward 14 year-old son Henry is forced to drive Jack, her estranged, care-free pot dealing father across country after he’s kicked out of yet another nursing home.

Boundaries

• Haha 1

well ordered this final watched this afternoon.

s-l1600.jpg

superb film by ridley scott certain aspects of mark watney's plight remind me of me sometimes, only one person here will know what i'm on about and i might have to elaborate the part of the bit of film to them if required.

and no i dont have a space suit either.

but a very good watch but you have to look at some of the detail of the film.

basil 👍

• Like 3

Slender Man   (2018) 🎬🎬 1/2  Directed by Sylvain White

CAN YOU SEE HIM?

In a small town in Massachusetts, four high school girls perform a ritual in an attempt to debunk the lore of Slender Man. When one of the girls goes mysteriously missing, they begin to suspect that she is, in fact, his latest victim.

Slender Man

UFO (2018) 🎬🎬 Directed by Ryan Eslinger

SIGHTINGS ARE NEVER A COINCIDENCE. THE COVER-UP ENDS HERE.

A college student, who sees a UFO, uses his exceptional math skills to investigate the sighting with his friends while the FBI follows closely behind.

UFO

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

True Lies  (1994) 🎬🎬🎬 Directed by James Cameron

WHEN HE SAID I DO, HE NEVER SAID WHAT HE DID.

A fearless, globe-trotting, terrorist-battling secret agent has his life turned upside down when he discovers his wife might be having an affair with a used car salesman while terrorists smuggle nuclear war heads into the United States.

True Lies

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Veum said:

A fearless, globe-trotting, terrorist-battling secret agent has his life turned upside down when he discovers his wife might be having an affair with a used car salesman while terrorists smuggle nuclear war heads into the United States.

True Lies
Absolute classic. Hopefully we get a 4k release at some point..defo a 4/5 at least 😁👌

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Veum said:

True Lies

4 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

THIS and The Abyss for a full on remaster 30 years young come on Cameron PULL YOU BLOODY FINGER OUT MAN

• Haha 1

Just now, Scary Hair said:

THIS and The Abyss for a full on remaster 30 years young come on Cameron PULL YOU BLOODY FINGER OUT MAN

2 right. Cameron is so busy with the ( I think massively overated avatar, didn't even think much for the first one) he's forgot he said quite a few years back he was gonna make sure all his back catalogue was on 4k ASAP. Hopefully sooner rather then later. Love the Abyss too.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Scary Hair said:

Hard to Call Camerons the BEST Movie 

for me top 3 no order 

The Abyss 

Terminator

Judgment Day

Screenplay Strange Days 

Yeah talented guy but for ME I may be in the minority but I think T2 is the perfect Sci-Fi action flick. Groundbreaking in its time. And still now nearly 30 years later the effects still stand up and look better then a lot that they put out today. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

well tonight for me was WW2 night

so few films do it in order

darkest hour with gary oldman superb film

churchill with brian cox this show the true side of churchill that most films like this dont cover but is more true than most with some surprising bits

dunkirk christopher nolan now this film is not everyone's cup of tea but i quite enjoy it overall.

and currently and finally

a bridge too far with alot of stars from the day big big names and a very enjoyable watch about operation market garden.

now you can see im into my WW2 films:D

basil 👍

Edited by Basil
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Basil said:

dunkirk christopher nolan now this film is not everyone's cup of tea but i quite enjoy it overall.

My man sticking up for my Christopher. A few that didn't like that film were Looking for the wrong thing, and cudnt see the different take he was trying to do. I loved it but Nolan is one of my favs. Never seen darkest hour yet but hear it's a very good performance from oldman need to get around to it. 

• Like 1