IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

9 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

Turned to Netflix for some movie watching last night, had heard about this over the end of last year but had only been on Netflix here for about a week or so. 

Adam Sandler coming away from his usual comedy roles to play a very very good part in this in my opinion, with a very edge of your seat final act (I won't go in to details) I really enjoyed it. 

Give it a shot people, or has anyone watched it ? What did you think ? 

I started it the other day but didn't get to finish it. Got about an hour left to watch (will probably finish it later today). So far, I'd say it's just ok, but nothing special. Never been a huge Sandler fan and I don't think this movie is about to change that.

• Like 1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I started it the other day but didn't get to finish it. Got about an hour left to watch (will probably finish it later today). So far, I'd say it's just ok, but nothing special. Never been a huge Sandler fan and I don't think this movie is about to change that.

It picks up the pace in the final act, I do know what you mean the first hour was pretty slow. 

I did enjoy the crowded cinematography look, made it feel more real and claustrophobic. 

I thought it was nice to see Sandler in a different role to usual, let me know what you think overall after complete viewing 😁

• Like 1

🥤📺🎬

Black and Blue (2019) 🎬🎬🎬🎬🎬 directed by Deon Taylor

image.jpeg.4f8ba45d723bc5da271efe1bf75e10a5.jpeg

THE TRUTH MADE HER A TARGET.

A fast-paced action thriller about a rookie cop who inadvertently captures the murder of a young drug dealer on her body cam. After realizing that the murder was committed by corrupt cops, she teams up with the one person from her community who is willing to help her as she tries to escape both the criminals out for revenge and the police who are desperate to destroy the incriminating footage.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

It picks up the pace in the final act, I do know what you mean the first hour was pretty slow. 

I did enjoy the crowded cinematography look, made it feel more real and claustrophobic. 

I thought it was nice to see Sandler in a different role to usual, let me know what you think overall after complete viewing 😁

Finished watching it. You’re right, it does pick up in the latter half and Sandler finally gets the chance to shine in several key scenes. Kevin Garnett was also very good and Eric Bogosian is a very underrated and underused character actor. 
A solid 7 for me.

🥤📺🎬

COLD PURSUIT (2019) 🎬🎬🎬🎬 directed by Hans Petter Moland 

image.jpeg.95b7ca698ceed671b2e37f72f700ba9d.jpeg

MEET NELS COXMAN. CITIZEN OF THE YEAR.

The quiet family life of Nels Coxman, a snowplow driver, is upended after his son’s murder. Nels begins a vengeful hunt for Viking, the drug lord he holds responsible for the killing, eliminating Viking’s associates one by one. As Nels draws closer to Viking, his actions bring even more unexpected and violent consequences, as he proves that revenge is all in the execution.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

The Intruder 2019  🎬🎬🎬🎬 Directed by Deon Taylor 

The Intruder

YOUR HOUSE. HIS HOME.

A psychological thriller about a young married couple who buys a beautiful Napa Valley house on several acres of land only to find that the man they bought it from refuses to let go of the property.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

@Veum when your putting these on you could at least give us a little spoiler free review and whether you enjoyed it or not 😂😂

@Robertm89 What do you think the 4 film icons 🎬🎬🎬🎬 Out 0f 5 (Instead of 4 Stars, get it 😅) are for🤣!

I gave a synopsis, what more do you want... the whole movie!😂.   

happy american horror story GIF

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

You can give a review/sentence about without spoiling the film. Done be a smart arse 😉

I get you now then. How good it was is how many clappers there is 🙄🙄 very inventive 😂😂

I have no idea what you are talking about, I gave my little sentence on the movie I just watched and the film icons (or equivalent, as I use skulls w/horror movies in Sept./Oct.) I’ve always used to rate my movies... what is the problem with that my friend? 😗

• Like 2

Just before pillow time last night,  I elected to watch a great older Vinny Price flik that STILL needs a Blu release, for some strange reason.

Confessions of an Opium Eater;

Quite a bizarre film to say the least but it is most assuredly a GREAT film if you are a fan of the weird and strange.

Price is excellent as the 'fish out of water' protagonist that gets caught up in a Tong War in underworld San Fran (late 1800's).

The director, Al Zugsmith was a Producer for Well's classic, "Touch Of Evil" and though most producers handle their investment via phone calls, you can see a bit of ToE rubbed off on this little gem.

If you are a Price fan or a fan of the bizarre (mind, made in '62) I think you will thoroughly enjoy this little hidden gem! 🤗

Here's hoping for a Blu in the near future!

image.thumb.png.9056f8d910cab0e5435b08e488c9d1b1.png

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Just before pillow time last night,  I elected to watch a great older Vinny Price flik that STILL needs a Blu release, for some strange reason.

Confessions of an Opium Eater;

Quite a bizarre film to say the least but it is most assuredly a GREAT film if you are a fan of the weird and strange.

Price is excellent as the 'fish out of water' protagonist that gets caught up in a Tong War in underworld San Fran.

The director, Al Zugsmith was a Producer for Well's classic, "Touch Of Evil" and though most producers handle their investment via phone calls, you can see a bit of ToE rubbed off on this little gem.

If you are a Price fan or a fan of the bizarre (mind, made in '62) I think you will thoroughly enjoy this little hidden gem! 🤗

Here's hoping for a Blu in the near future!

image.thumb.png.9056f8d910cab0e5435b08e488c9d1b1.png

Hey @Grendel I am a big VP fan (my fav of his is The Pit and the Pendulum 😊), however not so much if it is too bizarre mind you and I’ve never heard of this film w/him in it!

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

^^ I think you will really enjoy this one @Veum.

As I mentioned it was made in '62 so weird, yes but nothing compared to the wildly over the top fare we are getting from Hollywood as of late.

Price is excellent ( as always) and the only reason I can think of that prevents a new Blu release is the connection to OPIUM! (omg! run children! RUN!!!!).

Whatever.

Grab it, you'll love it.  🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1

The Grudge 2004 🎬🎬Directed by Takeshita Shimizu

The Grudge

IT NEVER FORGIVES. IT NEVER FORGETS.

American nurse, Karen Davis moves to Tokyo and encounters a vengeful supernatural spirit known as The Grudge that often possesses its victims. When a series of horrifying and mysterious deaths occur – with the spirit passing its curse onto each victim – Karen must find a way to break the spell before she becomes the spirit’s next victim.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

I can most certainly see the appeal for "Americanizing"  certain Japanese Horror films, as there are folk that would rather have ground glass rubbed in their eyes than watch subtitles.

Regardless, I have yet to see any that made a better film than the OT.

Now, some may consider it's just a Hollywood 'cash grab' to exploit a market they normally couldn't tap, due to innovative bankruptcy but I prefer to look at it as a 'glass-half-full' kinda guy.

By that I mean, at least it may bring to the audience's attention that the OTs exist and worth pursuing.

Mind, I give far less credence to the inevitable sequels they promulgate, as they usually stray so far into stupid territory that the OT could get dismissed by association.

The Grudge (2004) is one that managed to hold its' own it seems, as it had a coherent script and good acting, so I actually enjoyed it.

I've heard the newer one (2019) is a travesty that both the OT (Ju-On) and even the 2004 version, would rather disassociate from ( not a surprise, after the same guy, Nicolas Pesce, ruined "The Producers" remake).

So, do I like any of the Hollywood remakes?

A couple; as I said The Grudge with Geller was pretty good and I thought "The Ring ( 2002)" with Watts and the director of most of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies (Verbinski) was very good, as it was actually the film that put me on to Japanese horror films (which I seem to be collecting like Pokemon as of late).

Too many failures to list though and while I applaud BlumHouse for providing a concerted endeavour to keeping the horror genre alive, their use of a dart board to determine quality expended on their films, is a bit disconcerting.

M2c  🙂

• Like 1

My last few nights at home as I was sick and stayed at home. I felt like watching favourites :)

3 days ago: The Revenant.

I absolutely love this movie and I felt like another DiCaprio/Hardy movie the next day.

2 days ago: Inception

What can I say. It is a top 10 movie of mine :)

Yesterday: The nice guys

Hilarious and Shane Black at his best.

all three get 10/10 from me :)

• Like 2

🥤📺🎬

Running Scared (2006) 🎬🎬🎬🎬 directed by Wayne Kramer

Running Scared

EVERY BULLET LEAVES A TRAIL.

After a drug-op gone bad, Joey Gazelle is put in charge of disposing the gun that shot a dirty cop. But things goes wrong for Joey after the neighbor kid stole the gun and used it to shoot his abusive father. Now Joey has to find the kid and the gun before the police and the mob find them first.

CD1984A4-0F7A-4ED6-9FA4-9C579915A83D.jpeg.bd029f2fa26cac8c6df4da506752b234.jpeg

Season 1, Episode 10

Fire and Blood

The Starks plot their revenge after devastating news from King's Landing. Jon decides where his loyalty lies. Daenerys pays her price for her love.

Spoiler

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Veum said:

🥤📺🎬

Running Scared (2006) 🎬🎬🎬🎬 directed by Wayne Kramer

Running Scared

EVERY BULLET LEAVES A TRAIL.

After a drug-op gone bad, Joey Gazelle is put in charge of disposing the gun that shot a dirty cop. But things goes wrong for Joey after the neighbor kid stole the gun and used it to shoot his abusive father. Now Joey has to find the kid and the gun before the police and the mob find them first.

CD1984A4-0F7A-4ED6-9FA4-9C579915A83D.jpeg.bd029f2fa26cac8c6df4da506752b234.jpeg

Season 1, Episode 10

Fire and Blood

The Starks plot their revenge after devastating news from King's Landing. Jon decides where his loyalty lies. Daenerys pays her price for her love.

Reveal hidden contents

I’m glad you enjoyed Running Scared.

• Like 1

Terminator Dark Fate

Didn't expect it to be like the classics of Terminator or Terminator 2: Judgement day, and it wasnt but was still an enjoyable action flick and much improved compared to Terminator Genisys which I didn't enjoy too much. 

I guess after the poor box office performance it will be the last we see of the franchise for a long while ☹️ 

IMG_20200212_212913.jpg

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Robertm89 said:

Terminator Dark Fate

Didn't expect it to be like the classics of Terminator or Terminator 2: Judgement day, and it wasnt but was still an enjoyable action flick and much improved compared to Terminator Genisys which I didn't enjoy too much. 

I guess after the poor box office performance it will be the last we see of the franchise for a long while ☹️ 

IMG_20200212_212913.jpg

i walked out of dark fate, it was too bad for me but yes, definitely an improvement over genisys which is saying something lol

i find to get my terminator kicks i watch the original or terminator 2 in 4k, which everyone has slated and i have no idea why. i think it looks great!

watched terminator 3 again recently and i have to say, it's way better than anything else that followed T2 and has actually aged quite well considering

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Danny said:

i walked out of dark fate, it was too bad for me but yes, definitely an improvement over genisys which is saying something lol

i find to get my terminator kicks i watch the original or terminator 2 in 4k, which everyone has slated and i have no idea why. i think it looks great!

watched terminator 3 again recently and i have to say, it's way better than anything else that followed T2 and has actually aged quite well considering

I didn't find dark fate that bad, like you said better then Genisys buy a mile. 

Yeah I'm a massive termination fan, the first 2 are up there with my favourites of all time. Sadly we can disagree on T3, I hated it. I found the actors who played Connor/Brewster horrendous and had a really camp feel for me. Arnie putting those star glasses on and saying talk to the hand 🙈🙈 buzz kill for me. Lol. It's on par as bad as Genisys for me.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Robertm89 said:

I didn't find dark fate that bad, like you said better then Genisys buy a mile. 

Yeah I'm a massive termination fan, the first 2 are up there with my favourites of all time. Sadly we can disagree on T3, I hated it. I found the actors who played Connor/Brewster horrendous and had a really camp feel for me. Arnie putting those star glasses on and saying talk to the hand 🙈🙈 buzz kill for me. Lol. It's on par as bad as Genisys for me.

I hear ya, I wasn’t saying t3 was good by any stretch, but compared to the other films it gets my vote

dark fate felt like it was written by sjws and the poor cgi made me cringe, so I couldn’t sit to the end, it just felt like a waste of time 

I love the first two movies also, but to be honest it would be nigh on impossible to top T2 now, so I hope they just leave the franchise alone

terminator salvation was a good opportunity at a fresh movie and they ruined it 

so I’ll keep watching the classics and pray like Tarantino that they keep making ‘real’ movies in spite of the box office success of films like avengers endgame etc

also looking forward to the avatar sequels, as the first one was great in my book 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Danny said:

so I’ll keep watching the classics and pray like Tarantino that they keep making ‘real’ movies in spite of the box office success of films like avengers endgame etc

I know exactly what you mean, T2 is master work. And you mentioned one of my favourite directors in that quote. I love me some QT. Talking of original movies another reason why I love my other favourite director Christopher Nolan is that when he's gonna make a new movie he thinks outside the box to bring you something cool not just the usual typical movie. 

• Like 2