IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

1 hour ago, LeadFarmer said:

slow day at work so we hide our phone in an accordion file folder and watch a few goodies. this prevents the office snitches from having anything to report. in any case another film I am fond of.

sxpra.jpg

IMG_1685.gif.6f604efee9bf4302848847575e872c62.gif

Was it any good?  I love Chinatown and, having watched that again recently, I’ve considered (again) checking this out. 

• Like 2

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

descent.jpg

I hadn't seen it, and someone gave it to me as a present. Now it's all the rage in Spain because these days they are releasing a very neat edition, with good picture, good sound and good extras.

And I found it a very entertaining film. In fact, the first two thirds of the film are really well made, more than expected given that the director didn't have so much importance afterwards.

The last third is entertaining, but I think it focused too much on the beings and not on the angst, and I liked that way better.

But it was certainly a good night. Great to watch alone at home very late and in the dark.

The scenes of the descent and through the cave really make you feel the cramp even though you're on the couch.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

descent.jpg

I hadn't seen it, and someone gave it to me as a present. Now it's all the rage in Spain because these days they are releasing a very neat edition, with good picture, good sound and good extras.

And I found it a very entertaining film. In fact, the first two thirds of the film are really well made, more than expected given that the director didn't have so much importance afterwards.

The last third is entertaining, but I think it focused too much on the beings and not on the angst, and I liked that way better.

But it was certainly a good night. Great to watch alone at home very late and in the dark.

The scenes of the descent and through the cave really make you feel the cramp even though you're on the couch.

Good movie, enjoyed @Casiusco, I have this beauty❣️🤠

The Descent Blu-ray

South Korea 디센트 / Lenticular Fullslip D’ailly Company| 2005 | 100 min | Rated KMRB: 18+ |Mar 29, 2019 

The Descent (Blu-ray) 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Veum said:

Good movie, enjoyed @Casiusco, I have these 2 beauties❣️🤠

The Descent Blu-ray

South Korea 디센트 / Lenticular Fullslip D’ailly Company| 2005 | 100 min | Rated KMRB: 18+ |Mar 29, 2019 

The Descent (Blu-ray) 

The Descent Blu-ray

United Kingdom SteelBook 20th Century Fox 2005 | 99 min | Rated BBFC: 18 | Apr 14, 2014 

The Descent (Blu-ray)

They seems great!! Congratulations!

Just in case, though, I'll try not to go to a cave for a long time. ;) 

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

They seems great!! Congratulations!

Just in case, though, I'll try not to go to a cave for a long time. ;) 

Sorry @Casiusco I only own the D’ailly Lenti one (I had them marked down as the same buy on the same day,  but I did not order the steelbook  😝)!

Went on the hunt to search for the steelbook to no avail… there is NO VEUM STEELBOOK!! 😂 😆 😛 

Snooping Brennan Elliott GIF by Hallmark Movies & Mysteries The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Veum said:

Sorry @Casiusco I only own the D’ailly Lenti one (I had them marked down as the same buy on the same day,  but I did not order the steelbook  😝)!

Went on the hunt to search for the steelbook to no avail… there is NO VEUM STEELBOOK!! 😂 😆 😛 

Snooping Brennan Elliott GIF by Hallmark Movies & Mysteries The Office Lol GIF by NETFLIX

No problem, if you have one... in my opinion... better that lenticular one. If one day there is 4K maybe a steelbook will be released. ;) 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Casiusco said:

descent.jpg

I also have good memories of the movie, I imagine that the second one would not be worth seeing.

• Like 2

graphics text GIF

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🍿🧋watched 

image.jpeg.1d6141d6db9708588326a300e52d4d18.jpeg

Sun Apr 14 ‘24 

*Civil War (2024)    ️ 

image.jpeg.5e81a7480af18cdae7b5cff89832a164.jpeg

WOW! Need and want a 4K WEA Lenti steelbook of this heart-pounding film❣️

A near-future America where California and Texas secede from the nation and face a civil war.

*Billy Two Hats (1974)   ️ 1/2

image.jpeg.01836596034d1ffc3e7ada21fab938de.jpeg

Archie and Billy, two bandits by trade, find themselves pursued by a ruthless marshal determined to bring them to justice, dead or alive. 

Edited by Veum
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, LeadFarmer said:

I'm liking it. I might even track down the novel

sxpra.jpg

They changed up quite a lot from the book character-wise. In the book, the detective primarily works with a single male scientist. That one scientists has been divided up into four or five characters for the show, one of which is partly inspired by a character introduced in book two, which I'm reading now (and nearly finished with). They're very dense books, but well worth it, I think. Lots of big ideas in them.

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
4 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

I'm liking it. I might even track down the novel

sxpra.jpg

Just now, MikeH5856 said:

They changed up quite a lot from the book character-wise. In the book, the detective primarily works with a single male scientist. That one scientists has been divided up into four or five characters for the show, one of which is partly inspired by a character introduced in book two, which I'm reading now (and nearly finished with). They're very dense books, but well worth it, I think. Lots of big ideas in them.

I binged this over the weekend and thought it was pretty great! I haven't read the books but you can tell that there is lots more source material for them to dig into. I think the scene with the ship was pretty amazing (that's all I'll say - no spoilers).

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Thanks man appreciate it. That's another reason I like to find the books of a show or film I am interested in is based on. As you said they tend to change things and in the event of said changes I can see how big or small or how good or bad those changes may be.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

Thanks man appreciate it. That's another reason I like to find the books of a show or film I am interested in is based on. As you said they tend to change things and in the event of said changes I can see how big or small or how good or bad those changes may be.

I haven't watched it yet, but for another take on Liu Cixin's material, season one of the Chinese adaptation is on Amazon Prime and runs for 30 episodes. I think that covers only book 1 in the trilogy, but should be quite a deeper dive than the Netflix. I'm interested in checking it out, but... 30 episodes. Good lord. I've gotten spoiled by the 8-12 episode seasons! 🤣

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

I haven't watched it yet, but for another take on Liu Cixin's material, season one of the Chinese adaptation is on Amazon Prime and runs for 30 episodes. I think that covers only book 1 in the trilogy, but should be quite a deeper dive than the Netflix. I'm interested in checking it out, but... 30 episodes. Good lord. I've gotten spoiled by the 8-12 episode seasons! 🤣

Either it works great in 30 episodes or it's Peter Jackson's The Hobbit all over again. Those are the only 2 options. 😁

• Haha 2