What did you watch last night???

Basil

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

Absolutely loving this series so far. It's holding my attention that's for dang sure.

War Horse GIF by Shogun FX Lets Go Cheers GIF by Shogun FX

proxy-image.jpg

This is on my list, along with season 2 of Tokyo Vice, of “waiting until all the episodes are out so I can binge if necessary”.  Of course, I had the latest season of Fargo on the same list and I still haven’t gotten to it.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Veum said:

graphics text GIF

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🍿🧋watched 

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif 

Fri  Mar 22 ‘24 

*Road House (2024)    1/2

image.jpeg.d52514389d3793de4b734df73bef0d20.jpeg

Ex-UFC fighter Dalton takes a job as a bouncer at a Florida Keys roadhouse, only to discover that this paradise is not all it seems.

I watched it last night.  I enjoyed it.  Not nearly as much as the original but it wasn't bad.  Would have been better without magregor.  The villain getting his shave on the boat was hilarious 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

This is on my list, along with season 2 of Tokyo Vice, of “waiting until all the episodes are out so I can binge if necessary”.  Of course, I had the latest season of Fargo on the same list and I still haven’t gotten to it.

I'll be honest not sure how I really feel about the ending of Fargo but when you do get around to watching it I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts on it.

• Like 4

IMG_1455.thumb.jpeg.361ed871c64cc8c6dabeb4ad9e098b93.jpeg

Everyone talks about Tarantino’s love of exploitation movies, meanwhile Craig Zahler is just out here making great ones.  This movie is brutal, but it’s so good.  Makes me want to go rewatch Dragged Across Concrete assp.  

Also, you might not think of this as a movie that would look great in 4K, but it does.  The way the color palette changes dramatically at each step of Bradley’s (not Brad!) journey is pretty cool and looks great here.

• Like 5

american-fiction.jpeg

A surprise. I didn't have time to see it before the Oscars ceremony, it was too busy, and the truth is that it is an entertaining film, at times quite funny, and at the same time quiet. There are a couple of scenes that made me laugh, but even when it deals with the family problems of the main character, it doesn't fall into forced tears or too much sugar.

And perhaps for some it will be an interesting reflection.

I liked it. I had a good time.

• Like 5

Animated GIF

Had myself a submarine double feature last night. That new K-19 Shout 4K disc is really splendid. Tough to beat Hunt for Red October when it comes to submarine movies though, that film only gets better every time I watch it. I still haven't seen Das Boot—I think I'm going to do Das Boot and U-571 tonight. Crimson Tide if there's time. 

K-19-The-Widowmaker-Collector-s-Edition-4K-Ultra-HD-Blu-Ray_52f0920f-fa54-43a0-9022-cf9d14c2b863.d4b8e2d91f1260b945c33b03b4636fb0.jpeg.thumb.webp.e7108568c8e16bc7c8d80be87e701bea.webp81sw0TukTUL._SX522_.jpg.54d5f873d1bd55136f99195e653a555d.jpg

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 7

Didn’t intentionally have a Vince Vaughn triple feature, but that’s what ended up happening.  Followed up Brawl in Cell Block 99 with:

IMG_1473.thumb.jpeg.5edeebce567b47586ab92473fbe58d11.jpeg

First 45 minutes is slow, but what happens after that makes it worthwhile to have spent so much time getting to know the characters.  Unlike Zahler’s other movies, this one commits the sin of making all the characters sound like the writer, but the last hour of tense payoff makes the movie a pretty unique success.

Then took the advice of psychos and watched:

IMG_1448.thumb.jpeg.aea1fd55e4f5dcd8f7856e30555f3035.jpeg

Has a few moments of Hollywood cheese that were a little on the nose, but it’s also the best of what Hollywood does with this kind of story.  Everything that happens at Okinawa is incredibly well done and makes you wish Mel Gibson directed more often (anyone who announces Apocalypto in 4K will be given my money immediately, btw).

Had no idea the amazing cast that was in this movie.  Hugo Weaving in particular is outstanding.

• Like 7

graphics text GIF

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🍿🧋watched 

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif 

Sun Mar 24 ‘24 

*The Package (2013)    ️ 1/2

image.jpeg.c661a1854bfb683e6b22a515cd274d22.jpeg

A courier for a local crime lord must deliver a mysterious package while being chased by a horde of unusual gangsters.

*Death Kiss (2018) ️ 1/2

image.jpeg.ea2f2684bfbc7f1c59d0bf7ff1934182.jpeg

A vigilante with a mysterious past moves into a city that has been infested with crime and terror. He then takes the law into his own hands so that he could save and protect a young mother and her child.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 5

21 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Didn’t intentionally have a Vince Vaughn triple feature, but that’s what ended up happening.  Followed up Brawl in Cell Block 99 with:

IMG_1473.thumb.jpeg.5edeebce567b47586ab92473fbe58d11.jpeg

First 45 minutes is slow, but what happens after that makes it worthwhile to have spent so much time getting to know the characters.  Unlike Zahler’s other movies, this one commits the sin of making all the characters sound like the writer, but the last hour of tense payoff makes the movie a pretty unique success.

Then took the advice of psychos and watched:

IMG_1448.thumb.jpeg.aea1fd55e4f5dcd8f7856e30555f3035.jpeg

Has a few moments of Hollywood cheese that were a little on the nose, but it’s also the best of what Hollywood does with this kind of story.  Everything that happens at Okinawa is incredibly well done and makes you wish Mel Gibson directed more often (anyone who announces Apocalypto in 4K will be given my money immediately, btw).

Had no idea the amazing cast that was in this movie.  Hugo Weaving in particular is outstanding.

Vince Vaughn, a clearly underrated actor. I'm watching him these days in True Detective Season 2, and it's amazing that he's not offered more dramatic or serious roles. I think he's very good.

• Like 4