Basil

graphics text GIF

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🍿🧋watched 

image.jpeg.1d6141d6db9708588326a300e52d4d18.jpeg

Sun May 5 ‘24

Sci-fi/Fantasy

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

Bloodshot 4K (2020) 👽👽👽

Vin Diesel stars as Ray Garrison, a soldier recently killed in action and brought back to life as the superhero Bloodshot by the RST corporation. With an army of nanotechnology in his veins, he’s an unstoppable force - stronger than ever and able to heal instantly.

Kinda like a RoboCop (and some other sci-fi films) retread but always enjoy Vin and the beautiful Eiza 😍but just not IDK enough for me! 😐

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

A Monster Calls (2016) 🧙🧙🧙🧙🧙

A thirteen year-old boy who has a recurring nightmare and a monster that tells him three stories to help him cope. It explores themes of grief, loss, family, and morality through stories of a king, a queen, an apothecary, and a monster.

An excellent but so sad of a story as I can see a lot of my childhood when my mom died of cancer also, except i was not able to see my mom as dying I just thought she was sick and would get better. 😔 🥲

Edited by Veum
  • Like 7

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

graphics text GIF

Mon May 6 ‘24

Fantasy

6413_medium.jpg?t=1414258145

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

Angel On My Shoulder (1946) 🧙🧙🧙🧙🧙

Mobster Eddie Kagal is murdered by a double-crossing associate, finding himself in Hell. When Satan sees Kagal resembles an adversary, Judge Frederick Parker, he puts Kagal's soul in The Judge's body. 
Satan wants Kagal to destroy The Judge's chances of running for Governor, but all Kagal wants to do now that he's back on Earth is seek revenge against his own murderer. The Judge's fiancee soon discovers that Kagal has taken over The Judge's body.

One of my fav fantasy films with a superb cast of Paul Muni as gangster Eddie, Claude Rains as the devil and Anne Baxter as Barbara.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

Enjoyed revisiting this one again. Full movie available on YouTube in pretty good quality for anyone interested. It can be a slow start but the way this film handles the atmosphere of impending doom and the terror that something bad is coming is done well in my honest opinion.

the langoliers.jpg

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

Enjoyed revisiting this one again. Full movie available on YouTube in pretty good quality for anyone interested. It can be a slow start but the way this film handles the atmosphere of impending doom and the terror that something bad is coming is done well in my honest opinion.

the langoliers.jpg

I have the same recollection, the original story was the same.  Great job building suspense and it helps the movie that the cast is outstanding. People make fun of the langoliers themselves when they show up, forget how good everything before that was.

• Like 4

IMG_1890.thumb.jpeg.4fb3cd71d4dc7645616a046a7ddaba4e.jpeg

IMG_1889.thumb.jpeg.045cad0bd941ccc2a81ac04400e6ae2f.jpeg

Planning to re-watch the entire series before Furiosa.  Mad Max is good, but the sequel is next level.  Amazing work throughout, so tight, still holds up.  And the 4K transfers are almost unbelievably good; unfixable shots here and there but overall you can tell the transfers were shown a lot of love.  As opposed to . . . 

IMG_1891.thumb.jpeg.8451c777390dda84744e29deaf5ccfe3.jpeg

My son and I watched this because the movie is referenced in the Sonic the Hedgehog movie AND Keanu is playing Shadow in Sonic 3.   Don’t get me wrong, the movie holds up; this is about as well as Die Hard On A _______ can be done.  But the 4K transfer is low effort, looks like they just wanted to get something out.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I have the same recollection, the original story was the same.  Great job building suspense and it helps the movie that the cast is outstanding. People make fun of the langoliers themselves when they show up, forget how good everything before that was.

Yeah the langoliers look a little silly but still interesting enough for one to think Lord have mercy if something like that showed up in real life....I wouldn't be laughing. I just thought to myself while watching ok PlayStation graphics and perhaps the limitations of early 90s special effects for a TV movie that maybe didn't have a massive budget. It got the job done as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 3

graphics text GIF

Tue May 7 ‘24

132759_medium.jpg?t=1544932991

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

*Here Comes Mr. Jordan (1941) 🧙🧙🧙🧙🧙

Boxer Joe Pendleton, flying to his next fight, crashes...because a Heavenly Messenger, new on the job, snatched Joe's spirit prematurely from his body. Before the matter can be rectified, Joe's body is cremated; so the celestial Mr. Jordan grants him the use…

Very entertaining fantasy film, enjoyed the back and forth in each other’s bodies from the boxer’s point of view and the comical aspect of this classic film and the cast is fantastic!

• Like 5

MV5BMjkwYWQwNjItNTY0OC00YTcwLWIwZDktMTAw

A company wants to set up a "Glamping" in a rural environment in Japan, a place where people and nature live in harmony, not far from the modernity of cars, roads and telephones, but with balance; a community closely linked to the forest, the animals, and, above all, the water.

But the important thing here is not whether the company will achieve its goal, or whether the neighbours will accept. What is important here is the forest, the wind blowing, the water running. And how what happens to one thing affects everything else, including them.

What seems like a vindictive film, narrated in a calm tempo, in reality it is not. Yes, it is slow, it is reflective, but it tries to take you into the heart of the nature that not only surrounds them, but of which they are a part. And in the end the important thing is how they connect with it, how they maintain that balance, at a point where the film changes and it's not the kind of film you expected.

I'm the kind of guy who believes that Hamaguchi's films always have something interesting in them. And this one does. Still, it doesn't quite reach the level of "Drive my car", and I have to admit that I was a bit puzzled by it.

But, in the end, sometimes you go to the cinema to be reconcerned, to be retained, to be stirred. Far from indifference or prefabricated products.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

Browsing Netflix and remembered this used to come on quite a bit back in the day. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Finding myself watching even more older cinema than I usually do.

proxy-image (3).jpeg

Wasn't Airplane a spoof of this?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

Browsing Netflix and remembered this used to come on quite a bit back in the day. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Finding myself watching even more older cinema than I usually do.

proxy-image (3).jpeg

I also find myself watching more old movies.  I used to assume they were simple in their sensibilities but our age has become such that old movies seem more morally complex and ambiguous than nearly all of what we’re getting today.  Also, maybe this is just a thing that happens when you’re getting old.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I also find myself watching more old movies.  I used to assume they were simple in their sensibilities but our age has become such that old movies seem more morally complex and ambiguous than nearly all of what we’re getting today.  Also, maybe this is just a thing that happens when you’re getting old.

I just prefer the simpler times and in many cases the superior acting. Besides it's nice to see America's cities neighborhoods countryside etc before much of the modern day construction and congestion. As one of my neighbors said you can in many cases watch an older movie and it's clean in the sense of not a lot of cussing nudity or unnecessary gore for the sake of shock value.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I was talking to my mom about this show as I do remember it vaguely as a kid.

Me: hey mom you remember Rockford Files

Mom: yeah why

Me: did he always get beat up so much in the living room of his trailer home on the beach

Mom: more often than not yes

Me: ok so it's not just me overthinking it

Mom: nah he's either getting punched out or drug off somewhere

Me: I'd think in that line of work one would want to be a better brawler

Mom: he does alright from time to time but it's not uncommon he would get clocked in his own home

me: oof

sxpra.jpg

Edited by LeadFarmer
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

graphics text GIF

Fri May 10 ‘24

Fantasy

133773_medium.jpg?t=1434193525

*Son of Kong (1933) 🧙🧙🧙

Carl Denham, the showman who brought Kong to New York, returns to Skull Island in search of a rumored treasure. He finds diamonds, all right. And something even more remarkable - Kong's son, a spunky 12-footer with a winning personality and his dad's awesome strength.

Enjoyed Son of Kong fighting the prehistoric monsters but it took them way too long just to get to Skull Island and the characters were not up to… meh.gif

Sci-fi

52453_medium.jpg?t=1438208956

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

*Total Recall (2012) 👽👽👽👽

A factory worker (Colin Farrell) becomes a hunted man after a procedure goes awry that would convert his dreams of life as a spy into real memories

Really enjoyed this believe it or not a little better then the original, nice to see Kate and Jessica lovesight.gifI… wish though a little less running, explosions and more interactions with each other!

Edited by Veum
  • Like 5

graphics text GIF

Sat May 11 ‘24

Fantasy

67409_medium.jpg?t=1380860921

*The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (1947) 🧙🧙🧙🧙🧙

A romance between a young widow and a sea captain's ghost weaves a magical tale of immortal love. Determined to live her life the way she wants, newly widowed Lucy Muir (Gene Tierney) declines her straitlaced in-laws demand that she live with them and moves with her daughter (a young Natalie Wood) to 

A lovely classic fantasy with the beautiful Gene Tierney lovesight.gif and the salty Seaman Rex Harrison, they are magical together.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Veum said:

graphics text GIF

Sat May 11 ‘24

Fantasy

A romance between a young widow and a sea captain's ghost weaves a magical tale of immortal love. Determined to live her life the way she wants, newly widowed Lucy Muir (Gene Tierney) declines her straitlaced in-laws demand that she live with them and moves with her daughter (a young Natalie Wood) to 

A lovely classic fantasy with the beautiful Gene Tierney lovesight.gif and the salty Seaman Rex Harrison, they are magical together.

I remember watching this with my grandmother when I was a kid

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Veum said:

graphics text GIF

Sat May 11 ‘24

Fantasy

Man she was gorgeous.  Always makes me more likely to watch a movie.  I watched Night and the City last week, with her and Richard Widmark.  Great movie, but she’s not in it much.

Have you seen Laura?  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Man she was gorgeous.  Always makes me more likely to watch a movie.  I watched Night and the City last week, with her and Richard Widmark.  Great movie, but she’s not in it much.

Have you seen Laura?  

I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen Laura and if I did it was many moons ago and I surely do not remember it! 🤔 

• Like 1