• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

graphics text GIF

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🍿🧋watched 

image.jpeg.1d6141d6db9708588326a300e52d4d18.jpeg

Tue Apr 16 ‘24 

*Dark Shadows (1968) EPS. 410-15 ️ ️   ️ 

image.jpeg.b319f1f68f074d963384f0e2d7fa3779.jpeg image.jpeg.88f2d80c349cd0e8ed0d81a95f0c7800.jpeg

Victoria Winters comes to Collinwood, an isolated mansion in Maine, to work as a governess, but soon finds herself drawn into a strange world of vampires, ghosts and curses.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, jwhitm3 said:

Is it good?  I see it's not streaming anywhere 

It's good for me especially when keeping in mind the time it was made. I think they tried the best they could but Dolph Lundgren and Louis Gossett Jr (RIP) definitely carry the film. There's a blu ray on amazon for $20 and a few dvds hovering around the $7-10 range.

6 hours ago, 1adam12 said:

I never knew this existed and I really want to see it now...

check it out you might like it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just now, LeadFarmer said:

Coworker of mine always talked about this show. It's on Netflix now so I figured I'd give it a try.

sxpra (3).jpeg

Curious to see what you think.  I love the idea of a good pirate show, if it is that. 

Watched the 4th episode of Shogun tonight.  The show isn’t getting enough credit for being hilarious.

And last night I finished the first season of:

IMG_1749.thumb.jpeg.f4e9fc8b4754624a8348da530d48eef3.jpeg

Solid show, 7/10.  Regularly made me laugh, loved a lot of the design.  Will definitely check out the 2nd season.  You could put Walton Goggins and Kyle MacLachlan in almost anything and I’d watch it.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

Coworker of mine always talked about this show. It's on Netflix now so I figured I'd give it a try.

sxpra (3).jpeg

I loved the series😀, it was a very pleasant surprise and I could gladly watch it again at any time.

For me it is very worth it, good characters, some of them quite charismatic and in general most of them are given the time and growth they deserve.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Curious to see what you think.  I love the idea of a good pirate show, if it is that. 

Watched the 4th episode of Shogun tonight.  The show isn’t getting enough credit for being hilarious.

Solid show, 7/10.  Regularly made me laugh, loved a lot of the design.  Will definitely check out the 2nd season.  You could put Walton Goggins and Kyle MacLachlan in almost anything and I’d watch it.

I'm catching up with Shogun and I'm loving it. I had no reference to it before watching it and I chose to watch it without knowing anything.

For me, one character undoubtedly stands out above all the others, a fantastic performance.

Regarding Fallout, I also liked it a lot, very entertaining and fun, I'm glad that the second season has already been confirmed.

Walton Goggins as the ghoul is perfect👏

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

4 hours ago, Noir21 said:

I loved the series😀, it was a very pleasant surprise and I could gladly watch it again at any time.

For me it is very worth it, good characters, some of them quite charismatic and in general most of them are given the time and growth they deserve.

I was hoping this would have been a SERIOUS PIRATE series but alas it was not so I did not watch much more of it… hoping for a serious drama PIRATE film or TV series someday! 🙏 

Maybe in the vane of something like this…

image.jpeg.1df617fb3fc8bc07106085d47e04fe6c.jpeg

• Like 3

🎬 💿 Fellow film aficionados I found a good YouTuber that explains some settings changes needed if any of your 4K discs skip/freeze on your Sony X700 4K player (a really nice guy! :))! 😉

I went ahead and changed my settings to his recommendations (I did have a few 4K discs skip/freeze on me and even cleaned them but still did not help, let’s hope this settings change helps me 🙏)!! 🙏

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Veum said:

🎬 💿 Fellow film aficionados I found a good YouTuber that explains some settings changes needed if any of your 4K discs skip/freeze on your Sony X700 4K player (a really nice guy! :))! 😉

I went ahead and changed my settings to his recommendations (I did have a few 4K discs skip/freeze on me and even cleaned them but still did not help, let’s hope this settings change helps me 🙏)!! 🙏

Interesting.  I rarely have a problem, but my player won’t display the menu options on Point Break 4K, or play it.  I only see the background of the menu screen.  I haven’t watched it yet, but it will only play on my PS5 and will have to watch it there.

• Like 2

graphics text GIF

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🍿🤠 watched 

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif 

Sun Apr 21 ‘24 

*Red Sundown (1956)     ️ 

image.jpeg.9de377c224eef48084fa3034b1423b54.jpeg

Rory Calhoun as Alec Longmire, a wandering cowboy who settles down in a small Texan town. Alec's arrival coincides with the arrival of a wealthy landowner named Dub Stokes…

*Apache Territory (1958)     ️ 

image.jpeg.4d145cad42525df037baa8f7f242987f.jpeg

Logan Cates (Rory Calhoun) sets out to rescue a white woman captured by Apache Indians and prevent a war. On the way he is joined by a few civilians and a small band of soldiers at a water hole. They are ambushed and laid siege to by Apache. As their food and water supplies dwindle a storm arrives which enables Cates to put an escape plan into action.

*The Castaway Cowboy (1974)   

image.jpeg.9b7a98f57e2ee38e6f0cbcf324450f55.jpeg

When Costain (James Garner), a shanghaied Texas cowboy, jumps ship off the coast of Kauai, a 12-year-old-boy rescues him from drowning. While Costain waits to return home, he decides to help the boy's mother's (Vera Miles) failing potato…

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2