Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

graphics text GIF

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🍿🧋watched 

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif 

Sun Mar 17 ‘24 

*RUN HIDE FIGHT (2020) ️ 

image.jpeg.860a4db1a92f78c1e69b6406b0281a4f.jpeg

All Zoe Hull wants is to get through the last few weeks of senior year and leave — off to college and a fresh start. Instead, her high school is attacked by four nihilistic, gun-toting students, who plan to make their siege the worst school…

The Arroyo (2014)   ️ 

image.jpeg.64810137fa95bdd5e1a6f2c27d8b40dd.jpeg

Jim is a rancher on the border who is not looking for trouble. He just wants to work his land and provide for his family. The problem is a cartel is using his land to smuggle people, drugs, and who knows what else…

Edited by Veum
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

The sequels aren't that great but the first one was pretty solid.

sxpra (2).jpeg

I watched Cube 2: Hypercube on the Sci-Fi Channel when I was probably 11 or so. It broke my brain. Hunted down the first one and had my brain broken a second time. Original is definitely the best one! I thought Cube Zero was decent though too. 

• Like 2

graphics text GIF

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🍿🧋watched 

Mon Mar 18 ‘24 

Aliens (1986)     ️ 

Aliens 4K (Blu-ray)

Ellen Ripley, the sole survivor from the original "Alien", is awakened after 57 years of drifting through space. Her experiences with the deadly creatures are disbelieved by Company executives who inform her that the aliens' planet is now inhabited and colonized by humans. But contact has been lost with the colonists, and Ripley is convinced to return to the planet with a squad of marines, an android, and a Company executive with a mission of his own. Once there, no survivors can be found except for Newt, a little girl who awakens motherly instincts in Ripley just in time for the acid-blooded aliens to attack in what quickly becomes a one-sided battle for sheer survival.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, hansreinhardt said:

I watched Cube 2: Hypercube on the Sci-Fi Channel when I was probably 11 or so. It broke my brain. Hunted down the first one and had my brain broken a second time. Original is definitely the best one! I thought Cube Zero was decent though too. 

I missed cube zero I'll have to track that one down. Thanks pal.

• Like 2

graphics text GIF

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🍿🧋watching

Tue Mar 19 ‘24

The Abyss (1989) 4K ️ 1/2

The Abyss 4K (Blu-ray) Temporary cover art

A civilian oil rig crew is recruited to conduct a search-and-rescue effort when a nuclear submarine mysteriously sinks. One diver soon finds himself on a spectacular odyssey 25,000 feet below the ocean's surface where he confronts a mysterious force.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, Veum said:

graphics text GIF

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🍿🧋watching

Tue Mar 19 ‘24

The Abyss (1989)

The Abyss 4K (Blu-ray) Temporary cover art

A civilian oil rig crew is recruited to conduct a search-and-rescue effort when a nuclear submarine mysteriously sinks. One diver soon finds himself on a spectacular odyssey 25,000 feet below the ocean's surface where he confronts a mysterious force.

One of my top 5 favorites of all time. A staple in our household growing up. Love it. Enjoy! I always go with the SE. Theatrical cut too much out, IMHO. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, hansreinhardt said:

One of my top 5 favorites of all time. A staple in our household growing up. Love it. Enjoy! I always go with the SE. Theatrical cut too much out, IMHO. 

Yeah, special edition is the way to go.  Theatrical doesn’t quite stick the landing and you can see why it was a disappointment.

Harris and Mastrontonio (sp?) are so good in this movie and really the entire supporting cast is perfect.  One of the movies where Cameron showed a great sense of knowing how people who work for a living talk.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

Just been on an old school horror vibe lately.

sxpra (4).jpeg

This looks really intriguing.  I’ve already got Funhouse on my watchlist. I read Tarantino’s book, Cinema Speculation, and it’s one of the movies from that era that he’s very fond of.  I’d never even heard of this one, but Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing on the Trans-Siberian Express sounds like a great foundation for a movie.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

This looks really intriguing.  I’ve already got Funhouse on my watchlist. I read Tarantino’s book, Cinema Speculation, and it’s one of the movies from that era that he’s very fond of.  I’d never even heard of this one, but Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing on the Trans-Siberian Express sounds like a great foundation for a movie.

Oh yes it's a pretty good movie but that could also be my bias as I don't think there's a movie I've seen with those two together in it I haven't liked.

• Like 2