IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CHALLENGE 28

Worst Picture:

Cats

Wild Wild West

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

Worst Actor: 

Ben Affleck, Paycheck

Bruce Willis, Armageddon

Most Unfair:

Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, without a doubt. There's some bad stuff in there and the VFX are terrible, but it's a really fun outing that feels more like TOS than the other films. I love it.

IMG_6228.thumb.JPG.9012d00324ee3c121088c308249a0433.JPGIMG_6230.thumb.JPG.f723821d3b4ffb77eab48669b956046d.JPGIMG_6236.thumb.JPG.0fd3ad9810699391f76c912e7df40b29.JPGIMG_6225.thumb.JPG.77c66a387cf94c0904b23b01d107c95a.JPGIMG_6235.thumb.JPG.e429b4ca6e1ad44574333337f6d35314.JPG

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 18

• ★ Administrators ★

giphy.gif

Did I just see correctly and you actually own a copy of this 😲 you really did work for your point @Blu Magic Ray 🤣

@Catgirl we need a replacement for Nobody and I don't think Pearl Harbor actually won any of the awards 🤔

Very brave @hansreinhardt to admit you own a copy of

giphy.gif

As we have the Easter weekend this week, we will have no new challenge. The current one will run another week. When I find the time I will introduce the rule adjustment in the next few days.

giphy.gif

• Like 10
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Media Psychos Weekly Challenge #28 -  “..Best of the worst …”

AFC53CC2-1FA0-4A52-8D67-5F9C14390373.jpeg.2f081138be98506ebec3c84628504145.jpeg

Thanks to   @hal56  For this week’s challenge … When it comes to movie turkeys you can’t get any worse than Hudson Hawk or Battlefield Earth … Luckily I have neither in my collection… I don’t take any mind of awards and reviews, but prefer to judge a movie on its own merits, and choose to rather like and buy or dislike and not buy … so I do have a few raspberry class movies in the old collection and in the collection they will stay … cos I like them .. … in no particular order 

1. Robin Hood - Prince of Thieves - Kevin Costner - Worst Actor 1991
  2. Morbius  - Worst Actor - Jared Leto 2022
  3. The Mummy _ Worst actor Tom Cruise 2017
  4. Waterworld - Dennis Hopper - worst supporting actor - 1995
  5. Armageddon - Worst Actor  - Bruce Willis 1998
  6. Snow White and the Huntsman - Worst Actress - Kirsten Stewart 2012
  7. Howard the Duck ( Zavvi Z box freebie) - Worst Picture 1986
  8. Rambo - First Blood Pt II - worst picture- 1985
  9. Transgormers - Revenge of the Fallen  - Worst Film 2009
  10. Transformers - Age of Extinction - Worst Director - Michael Bay 2014

43756A3B-513E-4D32-B24D-395F22D39676.thumb.jpeg.3429b64de35d275b5e18602b08886624.jpeg

I don’t believe the Two Transformer movies deserved the nomination let alone the win .. ☹️

• Like 19

challenge #28

I think it's all about taste, so worst of the worst, may not be that bad at all - and I actually have a lots of fun watching these movies...;)

1. Hudson Hawk

2. Showgirls

3. Wild Wild West

4. Rambo - First Blood Part II

5. Fantastic Four

....and the most unfair winner is...

6. Transformers - Revenge of the Fallen!

IMG_20230409_081443.jpg

IMG_20230409_080720.jpg

IMG_20230409_080259.jpg

IMG_20230409_080346.jpg

IMG_20230409_080324.jpg

IMG_20230409_080402.jpg

• Like 17

Am 6.4.2023 um 18:24 schrieb Catgirl:

image.jpeg.3113cca100db9215dfb72bcd3505ff5c.jpeg 

Challenge 28 

1 Godzilla /Emmerich 

2 Robin Hood

3 Nobody

4 Die Mumie

5 Pearl Harbor 

The most unfair Movie Robin Hood 

🤣

At the request of two gentlemen, whose names I don't want to explain in more detail here..... I was looking for a wolf that I could find something else.... and woe betide anyone complaining again..... 😡😂😛

IMG_20230409_160747~2.jpg

• Like 11

Thanks @hal56 for this weeks challenge. I just got Freddie Got Fingered while hunting around for movies yesterday, so that completes my challenge. I don’t have the Rocky collection but plan to buy it in 4K once the price comes down.

Challenge 28: Best of the Worst

Rambo: First Blood Part II - 1985 Worst Picture, Worst Actor

Rambo III - 1988 Worst Actor

Hudson Hawk - 1991 Worst Picture

Armageddon - 1998 Worst Picture, Worst Actor

Freddie Got Fingered - 2001 Worst Picture, Worst Actor

A lot of the winners aren’t that bad…except for Madonna, she’s awful. I guess Armageddon is the one I disagree with the most. It’s just a Summer Blockbuster, we allow action/superhero movies to operate outside the scope of what is actually possible. 

F45755BA-A710-46D7-885B-8CBC3054EB81.thumb.jpeg.ea40b047d8fa4d9d911f6b65b2528f4c.jpeg

Edited by Mrdugan
Forgot the dang pic!
  • Like 17

Challenge 28: Best Of The Worst

@extantsrevenge

@hal56 Thanks for this challenge!

Bruce Willis - Armageddon (1999)
Ben Affleck - Daredevil / Paycheck (2004)
Kristen Stewart - Snow White and the Huntsman (2013)
Jaden Smith -  After Earth (2014)
Tom Cruise - The Mummy (2018)

I don't know if it's the most unfair winner for worst picture of the year but I'll nominate Postman from 1998.

I've only seen it twice but I think there were far worse films this year.

2023-04-09-21-31-13-031_edit_1211906409102049.thumb.jpg.17abc5b259ea8e31bdac03f651d37249.jpg

• Like 17

what a wild challenge for #28 with Best of the Worst -  @hal56 and @extantsrevenge

This was not an easy challenge to complete, I don't have a lot of these films and if it weren't for Rambo II/III I'd never make the cut, even then, I'm pushing it.

I present to you, worst Actors and Actresses. 

IMG-964713108.thumb.jpg.80b0b360427b110febeeebc7dcb7d9ac.jpg

1) Rambo First Blood Part II

d.PNG.be465ce720ef92b9bd9055926b6964f9.PNG

IMG-9647131081.thumb.jpg.7bb721f233c41b64f0321c85b80ab0e0.jpg

2) Rambo III

e.PNG.abb91b974ac08092bac24d56c9fdd2d5.PNG

IMG-9647131082.thumb.jpg.a05fe422e32d676782bdf5541f2a49fe.jpg

3) Machete

a.PNG.21b54f6f8600552a31407b86f30e9060.PNG

IMG-9647131083.thumb.jpg.e67d11ef77fcab6624d90dc379e8ce30.jpg

4) Battleship

b.PNG.d83735334bb0fe9e24e08002efcd6187.PNG

IMG-9647131084.thumb.jpg.8351b6db3198baccad1b531e0fe83918.jpg

5) Morbius

c.PNG.9013b2632073dcd914e5aaa180b3d320.PNG

IMG-9647131085.thumb.jpg.a9251ce437e27032b040851336bee347.jpg

I agree with others and feel like Rambo First Blood Part II is the least deserving of worst film

f.PNG.8b427a767b666f0575bca5269432cc80.PNG

• Like 12

• extantsrevenge changed the title to Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! Week 28 Challenge is live! Now also open Challenge 1-20!
  • ★ Administrators ★

giphy.gif

we have an important

giphy.gif

@★Platinum Psycho 2023★ @★Gold Psycho 2023★ @★ Members ★

Challenge Update!

To make it easier for members to join or rejoin the Media Psychos Psycho Challenge we will now start to allow submissions for specific previous challenges at all times.

At the moment challenge 1-20 will be available, more challenges will be added in time, but it will always be a few weeks before a new challenge is available again.

If you submit any previous challenge, please only do 1 challenge at a time in a single post, also say which challenge you're doing.

Below you will find the currently available challenges! Enjoy.

Challenge 1-10:

Spoiler

Challenge 1 from @extantsrevenge:

Show us your favorite Lenticular Edition (that you own) and tell us why it is your favorite.

In addition let us know which type of lenticular you prefer? The one with depth only or the one with changing/transition images, include another 2 of your favorites of that type in your picture.

You are not allowed to use a previous award picture for the challenge! If you have not taken part in our Lenticular Award, now would be a good time to do so ☺️

Challenge 2 from @R1s1ngs0n:

Show us your 5 favorite Premium editions under the following stipulations:

- One edition only per retailer of your choice.

- The editions have to include at least one Asian release and one European release.

- The editions have to include at least one steelbook and one non-steelbook release.

A short summary explaining what makes each of these editions so special would be greatly appreciated, 

Please no pictures that show other editions than the once you selected.

Challenge 3 from @GuyIncognit0:

Show us the Top 3 "Extras" in your collection:

• extras must have been included in the slip, mailed with the release, or an MP exclusive product
  • you must only pick one of each type of "extra"
  • extras must be pictured with the release they're associated with

As always, a brief explanation as to why these are your favorite is encouraged.

What qualifies as an "extra"? Here are some examples:

• lenticular magnets/cards
  • posters, keychains, coins, etc
  • MP's TARS, Blade Runner Badge, release-specific magnets, etc
  • Pre-order bonuses

If it came with the release or from MP, then it counts!

Sealed collectors need not worry. There should be enough options outside of the shrink wrap to allow everyone to qualify. Show us what you can without piercing that precious plastic force field 😉 .

Challenge 4 from @raylight:

"SHE DRIVES ME CRAZY"

Make sure to watch the video for the detailed info.

Show us 5 different Movies with 5 different transport vehicles on the front.

- Every type of packaging is allowed.

- Every type of transport vehicle is allowed.

- Make sure you include 5 different types of vehicles.

- Also for example don't show Fast & the Furious 1-5 and say they have different "fast cars" on it.

- But you can show 5 vehicles that come from the same vehicle family! For example a regular Car, a Police Car, a Taxi, a Truck and an Emergency Transport. That would be okay to use.

And now search your collection for valid titles and present them here for the next challenge point !

Challenge 5 from @Gary K

There’s A First Time For Everything

a/k/a We Were All Newbies Once

For week 5, members need to dig back deep to when they first started collecting premiums.

To satisfy the week, you must post 5 different premiums from at least 3 different retailers that represent the first (or close to the first) you ever owned.

In addition, this week is all about our origin stories so for each release, please let us know why/how you found and acquired that particular edition and what about it motivated you to continue collecting that retailer or premiums in general.

Finally, one of the editions should be the one that you first bought when you joined MP, or the title that led you to MP.

Let’s see how we all got started!!

Challenge #6 from @InfiniteDoors
ABCDLMNOP: Alphabetize and Summarize!

For this week's challenge, we're going to be spelling our usernames with the first letter of a movie's title! (Un)fortunately, how hard this will be is entirely based on your name. We will also be sharing the origin of our names. Here's the rules!

• Only the first letter of the title can be used. If it starts with "The", use the word after it. If It starts with a number, use the first letter of said number. Numbers in your usename can also be covered with the the first letter of that number (for example 1 = One). Any editions will do!
  • Only one movie per letter. For those who think they can spam X-Men Origins: Wolverine, I've got some bad news for you. You can only use that movie once. But the other X-Men movies are fair game!
  • Tell us a little about yourself. How did you come up with your username?
  • Cheese It! Maybe you're short a letter or two. Well, you can always get creative! For example, let's look at my submissions here:

Challenge #7 from @Pbsw23

Creepin’ it Reel’

Here comes Halloween People!

This week we would like you to show us 5 different movies that are either Horror or Halloween themed. All Horror titles are of course allowed, but only 2 titles from one franchise. 

If you do not have any Horror titles and because it is Halloween this week, don’t panic because we are also allowing titles that prominently include the following:

• Witches
  • Ghosts
  • Vampires
  • Skeletons
  • Zombies
  • Werewolves

Please note that ALL other Monsters/Aliens/Creatures will NOT be considered for this Challenge.

All movie formats are inclusive (BluRay, DVD, VHS etc.)

And Finally, all Movie titles Must be of an age rating of 12 or above. No Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Casper the Friendly Ghost please and thank you. 👍🏼

We would like you to accompany your submission with an answer to the following question - What was the First Movie that you recall that Creeped you out?

Thank you and Let’s Go! 🎃👻💀🧟‍♂️

Challenge #8 from @Trianna

Somewhere over the rainbow~

For this challenge I want to bring some colours in this thread and put the spotlight onto the spines at the same time. So to complete this challenge you have to build a rainbow out of your collection.

Rainbow Reaction GIF by Declan McKenna

Which means you have to put overall 7 editions showing just the spines in the following order

Red Orange Yellow Green PaleBlue DarkBlue/Purple and Pink

You can use all kinds of steelbooks and premiums just no Amarays. But please (if not visible from the spine) tell us which movies you used.

We also would like to know in what order you usually display your collection: Colour-coordinated? Genre-wise? Name of the retailer?

Challenge #9 from @Gentleman

"Don't stop the music". 🎹 🎶

In the Challenges so far, we've mainly focused on all kinds of editions for movies. This time we want to highlight an important aspect that can make a movie so much more memorable - the Soundtrack. Music is an integral part of any Movie experience and many of them have amazing soundtracks/scores. Sometimes the soundtrack has become even more famous or successful than the movie itself. Therefore, the upcoming challenge will also be about the music that is closely related to the movies we love.

We would like to know your 5 favorite soundtracks. Take one or more photos of 5 movies and the corresponding soundtrack. Both must be in physical format. Which format doesn't matter (Premium Edition, Steelbook, Amaray etc. for movies / CD, Vinyl etc. for soundtracks).

We would also like to know what the first soundtrack was that you bought. Please tell us something about how you came to buy this soundtrack.

We are really excited and look forward to the challenge and your posts. Have fun and let the music play! 😉

Challenge 10 from @extantsrevenge: "Choose your Weapon"

179599305_ChooseYourWeapon.jpg.f38f26975a30d36b77c9efcdb474068f.jpg

Please show us 5 different movies from your collection that feature 5 different handheld weapons on the front or back of the edition.

Please also tell us what your favorite weapon for a hero and a villain in all of cinema history is (so 2 weapons 😉).

- Every type of packaging is allowed.

- Make sure that you only choose weapons that a person could hold in their hand.

- If a package shows more weapons, only 1 weapon is counting from that movie.

Challenge 11-20:

Spoiler

Challenge 11 from @ethnosax IT IS HAPPENING AGAIN

season 2 GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

A recent study from MediaPsy Co. projects that by 2025, 98.4% of all new film releases will be sequels to existing films. In anticipation of that coming reality, I present this week's challenge. This week, we are asking you to share five (5) movies in your collection that are sequels. Further clarifications:

1. Each film must represent a different franchise/series.
  2. Any film that was released after an existing movie counts as a sequel (i.e., prequels are allowed).
  3. No reboots or remakes. Only sequels.
  4. If a film you present does not have a numeral in its title, or if you endeavor to be especially clever or devious in your selection, be prepared to justify its status as a sequel, if questioned.

We also request the following additional information:

1. For each film you present, point out something about it that is superior to the earlier film(s) in the series. (Note: This doesn't mean you have to believe the sequel is better than an earlier film; we just want to know something you really like about the sequel.)
  2. Also answer this question: What is a forgotten, neglected, or underappreciated film that you love and believe deserves a sequel? (For full credit, you need only name the original film. However, we also welcome more robust pitches for plot development, characters, and so forth, should your creativity enable such elaboration.)

Our next challenge is:

Challenge 12 from @bossjon:  The Directors.

This week we would like you to show 3 different movies from your 3 Favorite directors.  Keep it fun and mix it up.

george lucas dream GIF by South Park

All formats are welcome. Beta anyone. 

In addition, Please indicate your favorite movie from said director, film does not need to be included in the pictures.

Also, if the director has released something that you just despise, spill the beans.  (Not mandatory)

Our next challenge is:

Challenge 13 from @Catgirl: What's good on TV?

Since we focused on the movies a lot already, this week the medium that has grown the most in recent years will become our focus. TV SERIES.

Show us 5 of your favorite TV Series. It is enough to show a season per Series but you can also show the complete series. Add a short comment what you like about the Series you picked.

This Challenge is about live action Series, so Anime and Cartoon have to stay out this time.

Since most of the Series are now on different Streaming platforms, we also would like to know the 3 Series that you want most as a physical release.

Enjoy the show.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

CHALLENGE 14 from @coupelle: THE ANIMALS

Dance Dancing GIF by AFV Pets

For this weeks challenge we would like you to show us 5 different animals on 5 different editions.

Every type of animal is allowed. Whether they are domestic, wild, aquatic, imaginary or legendary, everything counts.

In the tradition of challenge 4 & 10 the challenge seems quite simple to achieve, so we are going to limit the allowed editions to Steelbook, Premium, Mediabook & Digipack releases. No simple Amarays or DVDs will be accepted.

Please also share with us what your favorite animal is and tell us why.

Hope you enjoy the new challenge.

Our next challenge is:

CHALLENGE 15 from @R1s1ngs0nXmas Special Challenge - "Let It Snow, Let It Snow, Let It Snow"

As Christmas is just around the corner, we thought it would be the perfect occasion for our members to share 5 editions of their favorite Xmas or snow themed movies.

Every format is accepted: dvd, amaray, mediabook.... even custom steels 😁 

Movies that feature a single scene that occurs during Xmas or only one scene with snow in it, will NOT count towards the challenge.

Also, only one type of snow is accepted, so don't try to be smart and post something like this:

HighCorruptEasteuropeanshepherd-size_res

And lastly, pls share the movie or movies you plan on watching next weekend with your family/friends.

Interlude:

A new Challenge will return on January 8th until then members have the chance to complete up to 3 of the previous challenges. See all the details here!

Challenge 16 from @Chief_lookout: It's so hard to choose!

Happy New Year, Psychos! I am honored to present to you the first new challenge of the new year, challenge 16! After many discussions with my best friend about our favorite movies, I decided to keep a list of my favorite movies on my phone, because, inevitably, I left some out!

Which got me thinking, what are everybody's favorite movies? 

For this challenge, I'd like to know what everyone's top ten favorite movies are! You will list your favorite movies, and show five of them! Any format is fine! Remember, it's top 10 favorite movies, not favorite steelbook art!

In addition, I'd like to know which one of your favorites you'd most like to see a steelbook release for, and which company you'd like to produce it! I hope this is a fun challenge to kick off the new year for everyone!

Challenge 17 from @raylight

Hello Members !

Your little Minion raylight is presenting you...

Media-Psychos-Challenge-017-15-1-2023_v004.png.68afc60846478bb76012ad87f1b9aeeb.png

"It Takes Two"

watch the video for further details...

...or read the following instructions:

Spoiler

Challenge "It Takes Two" is about team work.

So shows us your selection of 5 Movies with Action Duo's or teams/partners in action.

These teams can be the classic Cop-Teams, Gangster Duo's, teams searching for a treasure

or teams planning a big bank robbery etc.

Rules:

• All Mediums Allowed
  • All Genre Allowed (Action, Thriller, Sci-Fi etc)
  • No love couples !

In the end, we want to see this:
approved.gif.3e8b1c934bfacd9b28f20f67da41e49c.gif

And not that:
not_approved.gif.36695c2640c511946b0e891be10a495b.gif

Now browse your collection !

And have Fun ! 😎

Optional:

Please tell us which Action Duo Movie still deserves a Premium Edition ?

Challenge 18 from @Mrdugan

Sci-Fi Comedy GIF by Turner Classic Movies

“Merchandi$ing! Where the Real Money from the Movie is Made”

This is your chance to show us all your stuff from the movies you love.

Thor Behold GIF by Truly.

We want to see 5 movie-related items along with the movie the item comes from. You are free to use any release you want and whatever merchandise you want! Examples include (but are by no means limited to): toys, clothing, cups, tins, plates, books, posters, statues, and anything else someone threw down cold hard cash to obtain.

While you are allowed to use any media type there are a couple of rules about the items you may use.

Rule 1: The item must have been purchased either by yourself or someone else as a gift. Extras as featured in Challenge 3 are not allowed.

Rule 2: Soundtracks, while awesome, are not allowed as they were the focus of Challenge 9 “Don’t Stop the Music”

Rule 3: you may only use 1 item-type per movie or franchise. As an example, please don’t submit 5 MCU-related Pops and 5 MCU movies or 5 Star Wars statues and 5 Star Wars movies. We want to see variety either in the merchandise or the movie or preferably both.

As a bonus – please tell us why you selected these 5 pieces of merchandise.

Week 19 Challenge from @lunazero- "Through the Decades - a Cinematic Journey"

Thought this would be fairly straightforward for most members to complete!

Members should choose any 5 films which had a theatrical release in 5 different decades. All forms of physical media is allowed - VHS, DVD, Laserdisc, steelbooks etc

The decades can be chosen from 1930s to 2010s - as long as each film had its theatrical release in that decade. Using films from the same franchise is not allowed such as Star Wars, MCU etc as many of these span 2 or more decades. If you wish to post films from more than 5 decades that is also fine.

If possible, please state your reason for choosing each film.

We would also like to know which cinematic decade was your favourite for movies and when you started collecting movies.

Week 20 Challenge from @extantsrevenge:

"Still Missing! Forgotten Treasures!

where-are-you-james-t-kirk.gif

This week the challenge has 2 parts.

First we want you to show us 5 Movies from your collection that you love but only have as DVD because they have no Blu-ray release.

You can show more, should you not have have 5 on DVD, show as many as you got, If you don't have any, you can show 5 Blu-ray Movies that you would love receive a 4K Upgrade. But hopefully enough members have movies that have really been forgotten by the studios.

For the second part we want you to show us between 5-10 movies on Blu-ray from your collection that you really wish had a Steelbook release, but for some unexplainable reason never got one 😲.

The Movies shown in the second part have to be different movies than from what was shown in the first part.

For both parts you can add comments to the movies, not mandatory but always welcome.

No TV Series in this challenge please.

All other info about the Psycho Challenge and how many challenges you need to complete to get the 2 Awards can be found in the opening post here.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4

as the new challenge hasnt arrived yet, so i will try to complete the last one... 

this challenge was really touch for me @hal56. i know about some films that received the razzie, but i almost had none of them. so i needed to deep dive into the razzie archives to see the winners of the specific categories + my comments to them in italic :-)

• star wars episode 1 - worst supporting actor (ahmed best as voice of jar-jar binks) - totally deserved!!!
  • star wars episode 2 - worst supporting actor (hayden christensen), worst screenplay (george lucas) - totally deserved
  • star wars episode 3 - worst supporting actor (hayden christensen) - not so much deserved
  • interview with the vampire - worst screen couple (tom cruise, brad pitt) - i really dont agree with this one
  • armageddon - worst actor (bruce willis) - come on... really? this is a popcorn movie! btw, the song "i dont want to miss a thing" got the nomination for both awards - razzie and academy award
  • transformers revenge of the fallen - worst director (michael bay), worst screenplay (ehren kruger, roberto orci, alex kurtzman), worst picture - ok, not a good movie, but still entertaining in some way
  • baywatch - so rotten you loved it - and i totally agree with this one. it is bad but if i am in a good mood for this one, it is hilarious!

IMG20230411100104.thumb.jpg.0fa4d73a831091ce68a4f606f7c498d9.jpg

i would go with transformers 2 as the film that doesnt deserve the award as the worst film. i explained the reason above.

• Like 17

Thanks to @Catgirl for making up this challange #13. Also thank you to @extantsrevenge for allowing us to post specific previous challenges going forward. I have to at least win one award this month. Hopefully! 😀

seth meyers thank you GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Here are my 5 favorite TV series!

1. The Sopranos (This series literally paved the way for shows like breaking bad and other HBO series classics. Can't get enough of it. I consistently watch this show on my HBO Max streaming service)

2. The X-Files (This show made you think outside the box. Full of suspense and mystery. I would get butterfly's at times watching certain episodes) 

3. Married With Children (If you thought your life sucked, all you had to do was watch MWC and you'll instantly feel good about yourself. Classic comedy from beginning to end)

4. Breaking Bad (Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul were a dynamic duo like Batman and Robin. I would look forward to this show every week. Every episode left you in suspense waiting for the next)

5. City On A Hill (When I watched the first season of this show, I fell in love with it. Had to buy it on blu-ray immediately. It gives me this feeling of nostalgia, when times were very different but not as chaotic as today)

IMG_0435.thumb.JPG.69ee50372d617e446b99a1b1389cc077.JPG

And pretty much all the shows I like have already had a physical release. The only thing I would really love would be if they would release The Sopranos on 4k but I highly doubt it because it doesn't seem to be in demand as much.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Awards

Thank you to @bossjon for this challenge #12. I know you said mix and match and I tried but it I didn't seem to have much in my collection. Most of these movies in this post probably fall under the same category but at least their 3 different directors. 😄 👍👍

Also thanks to @extantsrevenge for allowing us to post older challenges. 👍👍

Classic Film Bow GIF by Warner Archive

My 3 favorite directors are Michael Mann, Martin Scorsese and Quentin Tarantino.

1. Michael Mann

-Collateral

-Public Enemies

-Heat (Favorite movie because 27+ years later and I never get tired of it. I've seen this movie dozens of times)

IMG_0437.thumb.JPG.bc50d8d843ba22f208a959ca0eab4048.JPG

2. Martin Scorsese

-The Wolf of Wall Street (My favorite movie was The Departed for a very long time but in the past few years, I've actually grown to really love this movie)

-The Departed

-Casino

IMG_0439.thumb.JPG.3f39ec792d5dcd45baf4fc7e3e62a8ec.JPG

3. Quentin Tarantino 

-Inglourious Basterds (It's truly hard for me to pick just 1 of QT's movies but if I had to it would be this one. It's Quentin's funniest movie IMO)

-Reservoir Dogs

-Django Unchained

IMG_0438.thumb.JPG.ed76e687b3741e2d4c560506a9155983.JPG

• Like 13

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

tumblr_inline_p8ivl4lzLJ1rll3ru_250.gifv

Did my senses pick up new challenge 28 participants @ukade2327 @javi @Mrdugan @sobmaster @Rambo @guri008 thanks guys you deserve a

fantastic-four-human-torch.gif

In case it was not clear enough, the Worst Supporting Actor categories can also be used for this challenge, so a total of 5 categories work. So get ready and do your submission

megan-fox-tmnt.gif

Thanks for visting old challenges @Peter Manoukian, 2 more and you get the first award.

And welcome to the challenge @jwhitm3 😊, those 3 are also my favorite Verhoeven movies 👍

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Challenge #19

60s 2001: A Space Odyssey - my selection from the 60s and 70s is kinda limited but I got this titans of cult 4k and it's beautiful

70s Star Wars! I refuse to justify this as I have already stated Star Wars!  Fingers crossed for an original theatrical release in 4k

80s Road House - this is my favorite decade for movies and made this one a tough call but I recently got this ultimate from vinegar syndrome and wanted to show it off

90s the fifth element - second favorite decade for movies.  I love this movie and this artwork is 🔥

2000s 300 - a stand out film for the decade and it looks incredible in 4k

2010s  Logan - literally wanted a wolverine movie since I was a kid and this did not disappoint.

Been collecting for a couple years now

20230412_194947.jpg

• Like 10

Thanks to @lunazero for creating this challenge #19. 👍

Thanks to @extantsrevenge for allowing us to go back and accomplish older challenges. 👍

"Through the Decades"

Here are 5 movies i have chosen from 5 different decades.

1. Close Encounters of the Third Kind (70's movie-Released in 1977)

This was my first 'UFO' movie I saw. Not in theaters but on TV. This movie got me in to watching the X-Files. 😆

2. Midnight Run (80's movie-Released in 1988)

Robert De Niro, IMO did a pretty good job in this movie considering that it was a comedy. Every step Robert and Charles took it was an adventure. Sad that Charles Golden passed way.

3. The Truman Show (90's movie-Released in 1998)

I really can't get enough of this movie honestly. Kinda similar to what all of us are going through in life at times. 😆

4. Batman Begins (00's movie-Released in 2005)

What can I say about Batman that hasn't already been said. I really liked how it shows the audience the origins of his upbringing and how it all started. Losing his parents really played a major role into who and what he became in life.

5. American Hustle (2010's movie-Released in 2013)

Even though this movie was a tad bit long for my taste. I thought the cast of this movie was well put together and I really loved the storyline. Plus it had the same cast as the movie, 'Silver Linings Playbook' which I also really like.

I stared collection DVD movies in the mid 2000's because that's all I could afford at the time. My favorite decade for movies has to definitely be the 90's. IMO the movies in this era are truly the best. It was all action packed and great storylines. You don't see actors similar to Steven Seagal, Jean Claude Van Damme, acting they way they acted on the big screen anymore nowadays or directors directing like Martin Scorsese, John Woo and Jerry Bruckheimer any more nowadays.

IMG_6279copy.thumb.jpg.d5137790ba4beacf8fdf3f9216a3a418.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Awards

Thanks @ethnosax for creating this challenge #11. 👍

Thanks again to @extantsrevenge👍

"It is happening again"

Here are the 5 movies I chose from my collection that are sequels. 

1. Back to the Future II

I must say the flying DeLorean was IT for me. It made me really fall in love with the BTTF franchise.

2. Ted 2

After seeing the first one, I couldn't wait for the 2nd installment. The comedic jokes just kept getting funnier and funnier coming out of a teddy bear.

3. The Dark Knight

Honestly, Batman is not much without his arch nemesis the Joker. The Joker compliments Batman in every movie he's in. Heath's acting was superb. So was Jack Nicholson's in the 1989 Batman movie.

4. The Equalizer 2

I want to say that TE2 was better then the first one but in actuality. I like both equally and the storyline just keeps getting better. Can't have one without the other and I'm waiting for the 3rd installment this year.

5. X2: X-Men United

I grew up watching X-Men cartoons. So when I heard it was gonna hit the big screen. I was excited. All mutants getting together for one sole purpose.

The one movie I would love to see a sequel of has to be Face/Off. I though the director John Woo did a brilliant job from beginning to end.

IMG_6278.thumb.jpeg.d95f3d5e6efce3fb1698d09e12de76f9.jpeg

• Like 10

Awards