IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

6 hours ago, hal56 said:

Hey guys,

since the Academy Awards are still fresh in our memory, I thought it would be fun to have a 

challenge in stark contrast to them.

So without further ado and to the absolute dismay of @R1s1ngs0n, I present:

CHALLENGE #28: BEST OF THE WORST:

Show us 5 movies who either won a Golden Rasperry Award  for Worst Picture or Worst Actress/Actor and - in addition to these five - choose one movie you think is the most unfair winner of Worst Picture of the Year.

Any format is allowed.

It´s time to go through the lowest depths of your collection and dig out the campy, the infamous and the really bad.

Show us what you got

Thanks for another very interesting challenge, @hal56! Definitely a fun one, for sure.

Just wanted some clarification that you're looking for winners, right, and no just nominees?

• Like 5

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, hal56 said:

Show us 5 movies who either won a Golden Rasperry Award  for Worst Picture or Worst Actress/Actor and - in addition to these five - choose one movie you think is the most unfair winner of Worst Picture of the Year.

Any format is allowed.

It´s time to go through the lowest depths of your collection and dig out the campy, the infamous and the really bad.

Show us what you got

Thanks, @hal56, for this week’s challenge. Here’s what I was able to round up, perhaps with a liberal interpretation of the guideline set forth, and a couple extra for fun. 😁

3F61FF02-DAA5-463F-9A8F-F8F865373D9B.thumb.jpeg.c99d327b5f599d28de167e09e2a1eba6.jpeg

1. Star Trek V — Worst Film (1989) (and William Shatner for Worst Actor)

2. Hudson Hawk — Worst Film (1991)

3. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen — Worst Film (2009)

4. Kevin Costner — Worst Actor, Robin Hood (1991)

5. Sylvester Stallone — Worst Actor, Rocky IV (1985)

6. Sofia Coppola — Worst Supporting Actress, The Godfather Part III (1990)

7. Con Air — 1997 (Worst Reckless Disregard for Human Life and Public Property)

As far as the most unfair winner of the Worst Picture Award, I’m giving to the ‘berry to the Razzie’s pick of Hudson Hawk. Granted, I picked up the blu-ray purely out of nostalgia’s sake and have not yet rewatched it, possibly out of concern that my memories of this picture won’t hold water so many years later. But thinking back to my 11-year-old self’s enjoyment of this movie, there’s no way it was Worst Picture of the year. Nostalgia tells me that it’s criticisms were overblown, much in the same way as Waterworld. I remember really enjoying its goofy slapstick approach to action, on top of the ancient society/conspiracy theory stuff. It’s entirely possible I would agree with yesterday’s critics today, so take this with a grain of salt from a Die Hard fanatic who thought Bruce could do no wrong back in 1991!

Edited by MikeH5856
  • Like 17

Week 28

The "Best" of the Golden Raspberries!

Challenge... Declined!

Call me crazy, but I only collect good movies. ...Well, I think they're good. I don't even own any nominees in the categories in question.

I will say that the most unfair Worst Picture winner is probably "Jack & Jill"... because absolutely awful as it was, "Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star" was way worse! Good riddance to Nick Swardson. He was also a challenge that not even Adam Sandler could handle.

PS: Is it more, or are we already getting a more stable output of Worst Picture winners than we had movies made or led by women? As the kids say, "Not Great".

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Awards

@hal56 Thanks for this challenge! My best friend does an annual bad movie marathon and we all get together for a day of crap! I wanted to not repeat movies, but I gotta say, I agree with most of the razzie pics, and I don't own many of them! However, I was able to scrape together some which either I didn't agree with or nostalgia made me buy!

2848076C-24BC-41C7-977F-2784DD4518B0.thumb.jpeg.1ec05a96ef77a8eca833d05290b7e206.jpeg

So, these are my picks:

Worst picture: Fantastic Four (I picked this up at a Half Price Books because I am a fan of the comics and liked the steel design

Worst Actor: Jared Leto, Kevin Costner

Worst actress: Elizabeth Berkley, Linda Blair (I am a fan of the revenge movie, and Savage Streets scratches that itch!)

I have to agree with most everyone else and say First Blood Part 2 is prolly the most unfair pick. I'll go further and say the one I agree with most (of those I have seen) is Freddy Got Fingered. It is completely terrible! There are worse movies out there, but not many! Thanks for looking!

• Like 16

vor 18 Minuten schrieb Chief_lookout:

@hal56 Thanks for this challenge! My best friend does an annual bad movie marathon and we all get together for a day of crap! I wanted to not repeat movies, but I gotta say, I agree with most of the razzie pics, and I don't own many of them! However, I was able to scrape together some which either I didn't agree with or nostalgia made me buy!

2848076C-24BC-41C7-977F-2784DD4518B0.thumb.jpeg.1ec05a96ef77a8eca833d05290b7e206.jpeg

So, these are my picks:

Worst picture: Fantastic Four (I picked this up at a Half Price Books because I am a fan of the comics and liked the steel design

Worst Actor: Jared Leto, Kevin Costner

Worst actress: Elizabeth Berkley, Linda Blair (I am a fan of the revenge movie, and Savage Streets scratches that itch!)

I have to agree with most everyone else and say First Blood Part 2 is prolly the most unfair pick. I'll go further and say the one I agree with most (of those I have seen) is Freddy Got Fingered. It is completely terrible! There are worse movies out there, but not many! Thanks for looking!

Great choices and I think Savage Streets isnt that bad. Great cast and killer soundtrack.

• Like 2

CHALLENGE 28 - BEST OF THE WORST

So I didn't think I'd be able to participate in this one, but after scrolling through the list I was surprised to see how many of these "terrible" films I actually owned. I'm not sure what that says about me or my taste in movies, but that's a discussion for another day. 

I stuck to Worst Pictures....

1990 - Star Trek V: The Final Frontier

As a hardcore Trekkie, I'm loathe to agree with this, but this film was just God-awful. By far the worst of the entire film line, not just of the original series. But...it's Star Trek, so I can't not own it.

20230402_105128.thumb.jpg.435d26c8fa14657e545ea7d6b9823551.jpg

1996 - Showgirls

I grew up watching Saved By the Bell every Saturday morning, and that routine was a highlight of my childhood. But it's happened time and time again: many child stars want to shed their goody-goody childhood roles and do something more adult to show their range. So you know I jumped at the chance to see prim-and-proper Jessie Spano (Elizabth Berkley) bare it all. The fact that I was also a 16-year-old, red-blooded male may also have contributed to this purchase. And, YES, I have already pre-ordered the upcoming Vinegar Syndrome release.

20230402_105226.thumb.jpg.56414d12647d85e4fc9bec51befcbe80.jpg

2010 ‐ Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Not sure what was so terrible about this one. I mean, it's not the first film, and all the sequels really dropped off after #1. Guess that's enough lol.20230402_105216.thumb.jpg.b4aa6aafe6de2d880e6d98bdfd7619d1.jpg

2011 ‐ The Last Airbender

Don't remember much about this film, which probably proves the point. Also probably my least favorite M. Night film ever.

20230402_105246.thumb.jpg.519f86c57ec99e009358e992f8ca89ec.jpg

2013 - Twilight: Breaking Dawn, Part 2

Title says it all. And, you know...Kristen Stewart, who has just got to be one of the worst actresses ever. Who also won the Razzie for Worst Actress for this film in the same year. Has she ever done anything good?20230402_105206.thumb.jpg.e6344d966412e88218836157b9d1374d.jpg

The most unfair pick for Worst Film is probably Rambo II. While not his greatest film by a longshot, it's definitely not his worst. I actually disagree more with a ton of the nominees over the years, as I've seen many of them. Which probably says even more about my film tastes! 🤣

Edited by TechSpec924
  • Like 15

CHALLENGE 27 - Revenge and Vigilantes Galore

20230402_114337.thumb.jpg.1d63aa7e1555818e8082f92820c4f392.jpg

Batman - quintessential tale of revenge and vigilantism. Batman has always been a blurry line for me, since he starts out seeking revenge for the death of his parents, but later turns into a state-sanctioned vigilante.

The Equalizer

Man On Fire - not only one of the best vigilante and revenge films, but also one of my most favorite films ever.

The Mask of Zorro - this particular version also begins as a thirst for revenge for the death of a brother, which again transforms into the Vigilante crusading against a corrupt Mexican police state.

Taken - some of the best of Liam Neeson, as he seeks revenge and retribution for the kidnapping of his young daughter.

My favorite Vigilante is definitely John Creasy from Man on Fire. Cold, calculating, and methodical, Creasy is exactly who I'd want exacting revenge and retribution for any wrongs committed against me. He's such a badass. I don’t believe a better actor could have been chosen for that role than Denzel Washington. Same goes for his portrayal of Mr. McCall in The Equalizer.

• Like 15

vor 1 Stunde schrieb bilbon:

Challenge #28

thank you @hal56 for this new challenge,

here is my chosen list

the teenage mutant

batman v superman

Bay Watch

The Momy

Last Action Hero,

for me, the movie between batman and superman has nothing to do in this nomination

20230402_212104.jpg

Sorry mate, there are not only award winners there but also a few nominees.

• Like 5

• extantsrevenge changed the title to Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! Week 28 Challenge is live!
  • ★ Administrators ★

03b15b1fe140c503f5ddd459366658fc.gif

Lets finish points for Challenge 27

Thank you @Rambo @Gentleman @sobmaster @javi @Scary Hair @GANTZ @ukade2327 (very cool entry with the huge amount of titles 🙏) @TechSpec924 @bungral

Yeah @guri008

OSkY.gif

you did it Challenge Award #2 😊

And you too @Boilersteel

tarantino-killbill.gif

Congratulations.

And now this

EUZ1.gif

the most controversial challenge yet.

Thanks @hal56

37b3ff816ec02e5d69b5f99b14ee5984.gif

👍 @Gentleman @CAYENNE-FAHRER @ncraft @Veum @bossjon @Reagh @GANTZ @cypheria078 @MikeH5856 @Chief_lookout @TechSpec924

Wow already 13 Psychos including myself solved this crazy challenge, clearly a time for celebration

y4qd7V.gif

I wonder if the other Psychos still have nice thoughts about @hal56

tumblr_po7ir8WW9C1wxtgjco1_540.gif

Hope more of you take a look at your collection, I'm sure you can find a frew hidden treasures 😆

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

Thank you @hal56 for the challenge and @extantsrevenge for the thread.  Let’s queue up:

Challenge #28

BEST OF THE WORST:

I pride myself on good movies, Oscar caliber movies and movies with great performances and writing.  I do, however, have six movies which are far, far away from my typical criteria.

And the six are:

1. The Lone Ranger - it’s really bad Johnny Depp.

2. Fantastic Four - I’ve never been so disappointed in a Super Hero movie.

3. Rambo: First Blood Part II - this was not as bad as it has been made out to be.

4. Fifty Shades of Grey - I’ve not seen this.  I bought it for my wife.

5. Twilight - bought this for my wife too.

6. Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier - this wasn’t as bad as it was made out to be either.

7A07ACF0-4271-459F-BACA-136D4A90FE0F.thumb.jpeg.eee8d678b159cdf63e35013d39b09465.jpeg

Bad Star Trek is still good.  I pick Star Trek as the one which shouldn’t have been on the list.

• Like 13

On 4/2/2023 at 3:00 AM, hal56 said:

Any format is allowed.

Don't ask why I have these movies.

20230404_142534.thumb.jpg.b4b377bdcb95dc2d3e7d4f777fad1345.jpg

Worst Actor—LeBron James as himself in Space Jam: A New Legacy

Worst Actress—The main cast of Sex and the City 2

Worst Actor—Bruce Willis in The Siege

Worst Picture—Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen

Worst Actor—The Wayans Brothers in Little Man

20230405_003134.thumb.jpg.747aad71b4e1d85c293cb2e92c5f961d.jpg

As for the Worst Picture that is undeserving of that title, it's gotta be none other than Star Trek V: The Final Frontier. Is it good? In parts. Is it bad? In a lot of parts. But damn if it doesn't hit you with some iconic moments: Uhura's fan dance, Scotty knocking himself out, Spock's first secret sibling, row row row your boat, and much much more!

Oh and I guess lines like "What does God need with a starship?" and "I need my pain".

Edited by InfiniteDoors
  • Like 14

• ★ Administrators ★

WEEK 28 - BEST OF THE WORST

Not much to choose from so I selected:

1. Howard The Duck

2. Savage Streets

3. Hudson Hawk

4. Showgirls

5. Robin Hood

Of these the only real stinker IMHO is Savage Streets, so I think the other 4 are unfairly maligned and underserving of the Razzie - hence my purchase.

IMG_1221.thumb.jpeg.cbc02a168f85d30e9a618d0a64f41469.jpeg

• Like 14

• ★ Administrators ★

Thank you guys for your sumissions

@bilbon @Steelbook Indy @InfiniteDoors @Gary K

I can't decide what makes me more dizzy

giphy.gif

the fact that we only got 4 new submissions, or that no Psycho has an edition for The Blue Lagoon 🤣

tumblr_otlqtgSQjq1rfd7lko1_500.gif

Where are the Music Fans, any love for the Spice Girls

spice-world-spice-girls.gif

or Mariah Carey

mariah-carey-glitter.gif

just to name a few Worst Actress Winners 😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 4