IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

Challenge 23:

My favourite genre is Sci-fi but fantasy isn’t far behind.

The first film to really get me hooked was Terminator 2.  Watched it pretty much every week as a 10 year old (too young?) 

Terminator 

Terminator 2

Return of the Jedi

Blade Runner

The Matrix

Alien/s would be in there if I had a copy to hand!

3118AAE0-71A2-4961-85DE-BC3B31DA8C1A.thumb.jpeg.d00315281607f877f41849689aaa17af.jpeg

• Like 22

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks @Trianna and @extantsrevenge for the Week 8 Challenge!

Challenge #8 from @Trianna

Somewhere over the rainbow~

Here is my palette of colors:

0C095522-8101-4A9D-9BF2-22EB42ECB8BF.thumb.jpeg.b89a17232fa20447a58ba83e82fefe54.jpeg

I really only picked these for the colors - though my copy of Her is a rare one.

1. Ash vs. Evil Dead Season 3 (I have a ton more red spines, but I thought this was unique).

2. Hercules

3. The Full Monty

4. Road to Perdition

5. Mission Impossible 3

6. Aladdin 

7. Her

• Like 24

4 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Just for fun, I went through all Best Picture winners from 1960 to 2021 in order to see which ones I still haven't seen.

Tom Jones - 1963

A Man For All Seasons - 1966

Oliver! - 1968

Patton - 1970

Ordinary People - 1980

Chariots Of Fire - 1981

Gandhi - 1982 (saw parts of it but never the full movie)

Terms Of Endearment - 1983

Out Of Africa - 1985 (same as Gandhi)

The Last Emperor - 1987 (shame on me)

Driving Miss Daisy - 1989

The English Patient - 1996

Shakespeare In Love - 1998

Crash - 2005

12 Years A Slave - 2013

Green Book - 2018

Nomadland - 2020

CODA - 2021

I've been wanting for a premium release of A Man For All Seasons for a while now. 

• Like 2

Challange #23.  My favorite Genre.  My favorite genre of movies are Action. (Especially the 80's.. Nothing like kicking some a$$ and explosions. So here are 5. 

Beverly Hills Cop 3

20230305_205038.thumb.jpg.f4e62e338b1e833d4b80a354b73e2fab.jpg

Die Hard 3.    (Can't locate the original)

20230305_205026.thumb.jpg.aee64f90467f4efc6c317ff89cf1b6d4.jpg

Lethal Weapon...    

20230305_205014.thumb.jpg.eb309fbbeb2b92a30aa705ddd4e3f266.jpg

Point Break

20230305_204908.thumb.jpg.a0f7becb88c28de4411f6684d7a3c9bf.jpg

Commando... 

20230305_204943.thumb.jpg.5b89bee46db6fdde78f459ee3a3b832e.jpg

Thanks @Fortis93 for this challange.  

• Like 22

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, ajames212 said:

Challange #23.  My favorite Genre.  My favorite genre of movies are Action. (Especially the 80's.. Nothing like kicking some a$$ and explosions. So here are 5. 

Beverly Hills Cop 3

20230305_205038.thumb.jpg.f4e62e338b1e833d4b80a354b73e2fab.jpg

Die Hard 3.    (Can't locate the original)

20230305_205026.thumb.jpg.aee64f90467f4efc6c317ff89cf1b6d4.jpg

Lethal Weapon...    

20230305_205014.thumb.jpg.eb309fbbeb2b92a30aa705ddd4e3f266.jpg

Point Break

20230305_204908.thumb.jpg.a0f7becb88c28de4411f6684d7a3c9bf.jpg

Commando... 

20230305_204943.thumb.jpg.5b89bee46db6fdde78f459ee3a3b832e.jpg

Thanks @Fortis93 for this challange.  

Beverly Hills cop 3 over either of the first 2?

• Like 2

• extantsrevenge changed the title to Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! Week 24 Challenge is live!
  • ★ Administrators ★

So lets see which Genre is ruling the Psycho world 😀

I will add your submissions to Action/Adventure @javi

Nice @raylight

over-the-hedge-hammy.gif

Keeping Sci-Fi in the lead @sobmaster 😁 and thanks for the wonderful old challenge submissions.

Great Genre @Pbsw23

giphy.gif

@Boilersteel 👍

@bungral

smile-terminator.gif

And one more for Sci-Fi @Freeformfreakout

@ajames212

giphy.gif

And the

giphy.gif

is

giphy.gif

The Final Result of our favorite Genre Ranking is:

20 x Sci-Fi

7 x Action (Adventure)

3 x Horror

3 x Thriller (Mystery)

2 x Animated

2 x Anime

2 x Fantasy

2 x Superheroes

2 x Western

1 x Comedy

1 x Gangster

1 x Genre Bending 😅

1 x Long Epic Movies

1 x Martial Arts

1 x Monster Movies

@Steelbook Indy thanks for Challenge 8 submission.

AfraidEuphoricBillygoat-max-1mb.gif

to what seems to become our most controversial challenge yet 🤣

tumblr_n6r3vfVsfj1tu7965o1_250.gif

Thanks everyone for sharing your favorites.

@R1s1ngs0n @Veum @hal56 @Siran @ethnosax @nerdist (appreciate the old challenge submission 🙏) @DParadigm @sobmaster @Gary K @bossjon @InfiniteDoors @Chief_lookout @Pbsw23

giphy.gif

We want to see more.

@R1s1ngs0n seeing all the Best Picture winners is a project of mine, like seeing all the IMDb Top 250 Movies. I'm only missing the following from all the winners from the 94 previous shows:

- 1936 The Great Ziegfeld

- 1944 Going My Way

- 1948 Hamlet

- 1952 The Greatest Show on Earth

Could have completed this years ago, but somehow I never have room for these, I think I need to finish this soon.

This week Members can still show up to 5 old Challenges. You can find them all in post 2 on page 1 in the "Reveal hidden contents" field.

giphy.gif

to everyone who participated in our challenges since the start and helped bring this topic to already over

giphy.gif

pages with almost 70.000 views 😲. That is 100 pages filled with passion, love and appreciation for collecting movies and other related items.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

22 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

The only other Best Picture winner in my collection is the first Godfather but as I already included it in last week’s challenge, I wanted to honor the only sequel that has ever won (and probably ever will win) Cinema’s most prestigious award.

A few other winners I would like to add to my collection at some point are The French Connection, One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest and The Deer Hunter (another proof that the 70s are without equal in terms of quality output).

Two sequels have won Best Picture.

Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Godfather 2

• Like 2

10 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

So lets see which Genre is ruling the Psycho world 😀

I will add your submissions to Action/Adventure @javi

Nice @raylight

over-the-hedge-hammy.gif

Keeping Sci-Fi in the lead @sobmaster 😁 and thanks for the wonderful old challenge submissions.

Great Genre @Pbsw23

giphy.gif

@Boilersteel 👍

@bungral

smile-terminator.gif

And one more for Sci-Fi @Freeformfreakout

@ajames212

giphy.gif

And the

giphy.gif

is

giphy.gif

The Final Result of our favorite Genre Ranking is:

20 x Sci-Fi

7 x Action (Adventure)

3 x Horror

3 x Thriller (Mystery)

2 x Animated

2 x Anime

2 x Fantasy

2 x Superheroes

2 x Western

1 x Comedy

1 x Gangster

1 x Genre Bending 😅

1 x Long Epic Movies

1 x Martial Arts

1 x Monster Movies

@Steelbook Indy thanks for Challenge 8 submission.

AfraidEuphoricBillygoat-max-1mb.gif

to what seems to become our most controversial challenge yet 🤣

tumblr_n6r3vfVsfj1tu7965o1_250.gif

Thanks everyone for sharing your favorites.

@R1s1ngs0n @Veum @hal56 @Siran @ethnosax @nerdist (appreciate the old challenge submission 🙏) @DParadigm @sobmaster @Gary K @bossjon @InfiniteDoors @Chief_lookout @Pbsw23

giphy.gif

We want to see more.

@R1s1ngs0n seeing all the Best Picture winners is a project of mine, like seeing all the IMDb Top 250 Movies. I'm only missing the following from all the winners from the 94 previous shows:

- 1936 The Great Ziegfeld

- 1944 Going My Way

- 1948 Hamlet

- 1952 The Greatest Show on Earth

Could have completed this years ago, but somehow I never have room for these, I think I need to finish this soon.

This week Members can still show up to 5 old Challenges. You can find them all in post 2 on page 1 in the "Reveal hidden contents" field.

giphy.gif

to everyone who participated in our challenges since the start and helped bring this topic to already over

giphy.gif

pages with almost 70.000 views 😲. That is 100 pages filled with passion, love and appreciation for collecting movies and other related items.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Despicable Me Reaction GIF

Only 2 like a good ‘Ol-fashioned Westerns 🤠 

Clint Eastwood What GIF by GritTV Black And White Wow GIF by Laff

Thanks to  @Gary K  for this challenge #24.

I didn’t have many choices in my collection for me to just pick one category as the favorite so I decided to do three collectively. 

3 Best pictures, 1 best actress and 1 best director.

1. The Departed (Best Picture)

2. The Godfather (Best Picture)

3. The Godfather 2 (Best Picture)

4. The Revenant (Best Director Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu)

5. Silver Linings Playbook (Best Actress-Jennifer Lawrence)

IMG_0286.thumb.JPG.5be8ddcbd58b6d34886e654577e35e85.JPG

I'm sure there's more than a few movies each year that deserve to win best picture but never did for whatever reason. 

IMG_0288.thumb.JPG.989cc11fd443c7235f178ced2cad94a6.JPG

• Like 17

Awards

Week 24!

And the Oscar goes to...

IMG_20230306_155528.thumb.jpg.4247ab0fcbcd5f29616a8187af15025b.jpg

Best Picture - "Return of the King"

Best International Feature - "War & Peace"

Best Screenplay - "Citizen Kane"

Best Actor - "There Will Be Blood"

Best Actress - "Gone with the Wind"

I have a challenge for next week!

Double Dip!

Show us at least FIVE movies that you have more than one edition of! This doesn't sound like much of a challenge for us nutty collectors, so here are some stipulations.

• You must not be planning to sell, gift or otherwise relinquish one of these editions.

• At least TWO sets should feature at least one premium.

• OC AND BOX SETS DO NOT COUNT! But if you have put together a sort of custom OC, feel free to display the editions therein. Just as long as they're separate products. Also feel free to show us your custom set in full. JUST MAKE SURE THAT THIS CUSTOM FEATURES REPLICA DISCS, not just the packing of one edition that contains the single disc and/or goodies from other editions.

• At least one set must be a format upgrade (DVD > BR / BR > 4K! VHS, HDDVD, etc. are welcome).

• There's no shame here. At least one set should have THE SAME DISC between two editions. They can have different art and even menu setup, but must otherwise have the same content. If your aforementioned upgraded set has the downgraded disc included... THAT DOESN'T COUNT!

• At least one set must have MORE THAN TWO EDITIONS! While you certainly aren't going to get bonus points for having the most editions, feel free to get creative (i.e. Listing your sets in order of how many editions you have).

Other than that, all formats are welcome, as are TV shows. Needless to say, box sets and individual seasons do not count.

And feel free to list as many sets as you want, so long as there are at least five.

BONUS!

Share with us at least one premium of a movie you already own that you wouldn't mind taking another dip for. This can of course include premiums that have already been released, but if you have already pre-ordered or group-bought a premium, but haven't gotten it yet, that counts. Bragging is encouraged!

Please include a personal photo of the edition(s) you already have, and a stock photo of one you want!

• Like 14

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
8 minutes ago, camwjohn95 said:

Week 24!

And the Oscar goes to...

Double Dip!

Show us at least FIVE movies that you have more than one edition of! This doesn't sound like much of a challenge for us nutty collectors, so here are some stipulations.

• You must not be planning to sell, gift or otherwise relinquish one of these editions.

• OC AND BOX SETS DO NOT COUNT! But if you have put together a sort of custom OC, feel free to display the editions therein. Just as long as they're separate products. Also feel free to show us your custom set in full. JUST MAKE SURE THAT THIS CUSTOM FEATURES REPLICA DISCS, not just the packing of one edition that contains the single disc and/or goodies from other editions.

• At least one set must be a format upgrade (DVD > BR / BR > 4K! VHS, HDDVD, etc. are welcome).

• There's no shame here. At least one set should have THE SAME DISC between two editions. They can have different art and even menu setup, but must otherwise have the same content. If your aforementioned upgraded set has the downgraded disc included... THAT DOESN'T COUNT!

• At least one set must have MORE THAN TWO EDITIONS! While you certainly aren't going to get bonus points for having the most editions, feel free to get creative (i.e. Listing your sets in order of how many editions you have).

Other than that, all formats are welcome, as are TV shows. Needless to say, box sets and individual seasons do not count.

And feel free to list as many sets as you want, so long as there are at least five.

BONUS!

Share with us at least one premium of a movie you already own that you wouldn't mind taking another dip for. This can of course include premiums that have already been released, but if you have already pre-ordered or group-bought a premium, but haven't gotten it yet, that counts. Bragging is encouraged!

Please include a personal photo of the edition(s) you already have, and a stock photo of one you want!

Challenge suggestions should be sent via PM to @extantsrevenge.  

That said, we already have an award for collecting 3 of a kind, the “gotta have them all” award, details of which can be found here, so this idea won’t really work as a challenge.

Gary

• Like 7

• ★ Administrators ★
12 minutes ago, camwjohn95 said:

Week 24!

And the Oscar goes to...

Double Dip!

• There's no shame here. At least one set should have THE SAME DISC between two editions. They can have different art oand even menu setup, but must otherwise have the same content. If your aforementioned upgraded set has the downgraded disc included... THAT DOESN'T COUNT!

BONUS!

Oh also, for week 24 you need to also include a movie you believe SHOULD have won best Picture, but didn’t.  Thanks!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Challenge suggestions should be sent via PM to @extantsrevenge.  

That said, we already have an award for collecting 3 of a kind, the “gotta have them all” award, details of which can be found here, so this idea won’t really work as a challenge.

Gary

Oh, how embarrassing!

I must have misread the challenge suggestion rules. I could have sworn that I saw a suggestion on the public forum elsewhere.

I also forgot about the "Gotta Have Them All" page. It was suspicious that there has not yet been such a challenge on this page.

Sorry! Ignore me.

• Like 7

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, camwjohn95 said:

Oh, how embarrassing!

I must have misread the challenge suggestion rules. I could have sworn that I saw a suggestion on the public forum elsewhere.

I also forgot about the "Gotta Have Them All" page. It was suspicious that there has not yet been such a challenge on this page.

Sorry! Ignore me.

No worries!  Thanks for your enthusiasm!  I think the rules said to include in your post “I have a challenge idea….” Or something like that, so you really didn’t mess up.  I’m sure you can come up with other ideas though!  Keep ‘em coming !

Gary

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, camwjohn95 said:

Week 24!

And the Oscar goes to...

Oops! I forgot my SHOULD HAVE WON picks.

Let's do two, with my man David Fincher.

IMG_20230306_203352.thumb.jpg.178518405adba5105df835b009f8651b.jpg

Didn't Get Nominated: "Fight Club"

Did Get Nominated: "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button"

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Awards

CHALLENGE 24!

And the Oscar Goes To....

1. Godfather Part I (Best Picture)

2. Godfather Part II (Best Picture)

3. Black Swan (Best Actress)

4. Lord of the Rings: Return of the King (Best Picture)

5. E.T. (I know this one didn't win in any of the Big Four categories, but it DID take home four Oscars in almost every Sound category. Plus, it's a cool edition and sure to be different than anybody else would post. Sorry @Gary K lol.)

20230306_182509.thumb.jpg.c3c73d1209d5858e956b96c3b88d6655.jpg

20230306_182539.thumb.jpg.4362d9f233f735ba8c7d1f07c6d87d00.jpg

20230306_182333.thumb.jpg.ac7ca82a04531911778772dd43a070b2.jpg20230306_182358.thumb.jpg.72e6f01daf6a56ad155de8ad095774ff.jpg

20230306_182659.thumb.jpg.47f6a77711ea54df1b6a7a7e9dcb2e95.jpg

The film that definitely should have won for its year was Avatar. One of the highest-grossing films of all-time and just about single-handedly responsible for the rise and popularity of everything 3D. It was nominated for Best Picture among many others, but sadly didn't win.

20230306_182814.thumb.jpg.c71f47024cb7ed9a2b0c39706cfc3760.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Chief_lookout said:

@TechSpec924 which Black Swan steel is that? I must have it!

Not a steelbook, unfortunately. This is a Walmart exclusive DVD release from 2017. They released a bunch of movies with these artsy, Mondo-esque covers. The artwork is just an art card that slides into the front cover plastic. Sort of an alternate cover set thing. I have one for Jennifer's Body as well.

This would be some absolutely SICK steelbook art, though!

• Like 5

And for my next trick @extantsrevenge:

Challenge 12 from @bossjon:  The Directors.

My three favorite directors that I keep coming back to are:

1. “If you’re good at something, never do it for free.” Christopher Nolan - I fell in love with Nolan’s work after Memento.  My ex-wife (married at the time) and I saw it in the theater and told everyone that we knew to go see it.  Nolan’s catalog is as impressive as any modern director, and his screenplays are so fantastically complex.  My favorite Nolan movie (and favorite movie ever) is Inception.  I don’t think that there’s a dud in Nolan’s catalog, but Insomnia doesn’t seem to be on par with the rest of his work, and The Dark Knight Rises feels very rushed.

10C6AA74-53C1-4E18-9560-003CDF788F8A.thumb.jpeg.f60f0032e6e808d1baf3e8b4e06cc5a7.jpeg

2. “What’s in the box?” David Fincher - So Aliens 3 could have used some work.  I still argue that it’s not as bad as most make it out to be, but it’s certainly not good.  That said, I don’t think he has another bad movie.  To this day, I feel Seven is his masterpiece, and Fight Club isn’t far behind.  I give Nolan the edge because he writes original screenplays.  That said, Fincher may have a better eye from behind the camera.  Social Network, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Gone Girl, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Game, Panic Room are all wonderful movies with great performances.

D1307F27-443B-4303-8752-B6D38C44021F.thumb.jpeg.a6505c384e6ee93c0cdbf11e2e3e8a1c.jpeg

3. “That belongs in a museum.” Steven Spielberg - He’s the master.  Spielberg’s sense of whimsy and innocence takes viewers back to a time before many of us were born.  Movies were different in the era before Spielberg, and he’s not going to let us forget that as long as he’s alive.  Raiders of the Lost Ark was my favorite movie before Inception came along.  Spielberg’s list of great films could fill a library.  Whether it’s Jaws, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, Schindler’s List, any Indiana Jones movie (okay - NOT The Crystal Skull - it’s awful), or Munich, Saving Private Ryan, Catch Me if You Can, Minority Report or any of the projects he produced and had influence in - Back to the Future or Poltergeist?! Spielberg is a national treasure that Doctor Jones just may search the jungles for.

C9FDD943-B913-4999-AAD5-EA8A5A4EC417.thumb.jpeg.0bcd0aec2a2a5e0e571eccfc1c91686f.jpeg

HM: Honorable Mentions belong to Joel and Ethan Coen (Fargo, The Big Lebowski, Miller’s Crossing), Clint Eastwood (Million Dollar Baby, Mystic River, Unforgiven) and Martin Scorsese (Raging Bull, Goodfellas, The Departed).

My favorite up-and-comers are Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead.  If you’ve not seen Resolution and The Endless, see them.  You’ve seen their work if you’re a MCU fan in Moon Knight.  They’re show-running Season 2 of Loki as well.

B2F81C98-09E5-455A-ACBD-061D51D3D62A.thumb.jpeg.c66cfa7742aa8cb1c59a100e5012eb4c.jpeg

Edited by Steelbook Indy
  • Like 19

• ★ Administrators ★
6 hours ago, TechSpec924 said:

Not a steelbook, unfortunately. This is a Walmart exclusive DVD release from 2017. They released a bunch of movies with these artsy, Mondo-esque covers. The artwork is just an art card that slides into the front cover plastic. Sort of an alternate cover set thing. I have one for Jennifer's Body as well.

This would be some absolutely SICK steelbook art, though!

I have it as a steelbook ;)

98833BE0-EB44-495B-818A-D223753349B4.thumb.jpeg.970f736e687557dbed5ccd8f6bb3aecd.jpeg

• Like 14