IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

Challenge #7

- Saw

- Van Helsing

- Get Out (Everything Blu)

- The Mummy

- Underworld (I know I have the whole collection here but I'm counting it as one entry. It's just a nice box.)

The first movie that really creeped me out was The Shining. The reason it is not in this picture is because I signed up for the Cinemuseum edition a few years back when I was still at my old address. Because Cinemuseum takes forever to ship their stuff, I was living in a new place by the time it came out. Normally, that wouldn't have been a problem but there was no shipping info sent to me and my old apartment didn't bother telling me that there was a package. By the time I realized what had happened, the package was long gone. It is now THE grail for me and I'm constantly on the lookout for a reasonably-priced copy. Of course it's like the most expensive edition ever for some reason.

20221023_201439.thumb.jpg.e74b520a0c71cba697f8c4de224caa27.jpg

• Like 29

Awards

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CHALLENGE #7 - Creepin' It Real

Another excellent contest we have here! I have always been a fan of horror, going all the way back to my junior high and high school years. Every year for Halloween while we dated, I had a girlfriend who would always go with me to hit up every video rental store in town. We'd rent every horror film we could find - current releases, as well as the cornier B- and C-grade horror. We'd go back to her house, turn off all the lights, and curl up under a blanket on the couch and watch moview all night.

Now I dont scare easily or really get creeped out by too much, but the first and almost only movie(s) to ever do the job was anything in the Nightmare on Elm Street franchise. Ghouls, ghosts, and goblins I can handle, but there's just something about a murderous madman who can kill you in your dreams while you sleep.... When we are at our most vulnerable, and when we are doing something our bodies and minds require to survive. You just can't get away from that and for that reason, Freddy has always scared just about everything out of me. Psychological horror and terror more than anything else....

So, here are my submissions for Challenge #7:

1. Wrong Turn

2. Resident Evil 4K Collection boxset

3. Let Me In

4. Annabelle

5. A Nightmare on Elm Street(!!)

20221023_231913.thumb.jpg.e82e96b9ca6ab62c1909fee49eaa82c8.jpg

• Like 23

6 hours ago, HeightOfFolly said:

Challenge #7

- Saw

- Van Helsing

- Get Out (Everything Blu)

- The Mummy

- Underworld (I know I have the whole collection here but I'm counting it as one entry. It's just a nice box.)

The first movie that really creeped me out was The Shining. The reason it is not in this picture is because I signed up for the Cinemuseum edition a few years back when I was still at my old address. Because Cinemuseum takes forever to ship their stuff, I was living in a new place by the time it came out. Normally, that wouldn't have been a problem but there was no shipping info sent to me and my old apartment didn't bother telling me that there was a package. By the time I realized what had happened, the package was long gone. It is now THE grail for me and I'm constantly on the lookout for a reasonably-priced copy. Of course it's like the most expensive edition ever for some reason.

20221023_201439.thumb.jpg.e74b520a0c71cba697f8c4de224caa27.jpg

What is the Underworld box please @HeightOfFolly? I have had a complete Underworld set on my hit list for some years now, and I don’t think I have ever seen this one before? 👍🏼

• Like 5

• extantsrevenge changed the title to Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! Week 7 Challenge is live!
39 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

What is the Underworld box please @HeightOfFolly? I have had a complete Underworld set on my hit list for some years now, and I don’t think I have ever seen this one before? 👍🏼

I have this set as well @Pbsw23. It's a complete 4K boxset of all the Underworld films. I got mine off Amazon. I don't believe it's an exclusive. All 5 films come with slips as well.

20221024_015800.thumb.jpg.2cd1d248ad31fc1f38277ce08612ecd7.jpg

20221024_020015.thumb.jpg.41a0ff281524351a654535f47c6e9faf.jpg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Challenge #6

447418998_IMG_2928Grande.thumb.jpeg.a95b4d64b6d8aab94132dacb56a85a03.jpeg

Nexusjuan

N : No way home

E : Elysium

X : X-Men 

U : Untouchables

S : Star Wars

J : John Wick

U : Unforgiven

A : Atomic Blonde

N: Northman

Nexusjuan , I don't remember ever using any other nickname anywhere, a combination of Nexus for Blade Runner one of my favourite movies and my name. Simple, beautiful and easy to remember 😉

Good challenge and hard to find some letters !!!! 

• Like 20

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

Great start already to

glas001.gif.f05d01b020c4885b6a617345a64aa401.gif

Thanks @Pbsw23 for the challenge, I did not anticipate how controversial it would become 🤣. We should have simply wrote no Sci-Fi horror allowed and be done with it 😅.

Thanks for the remaining challenge 6 submissions @Parzival @Noir21 @hansdermeister @Neil21Harris @Adrip

😱 @nexusjuan it is already monday so the 6th challenge is technically over. Since I'm just typing this post and start giving away the first points fot challenge 7 I will allow this late submission. Please make sure you make your submission within the given timeframe 👌

Now to the challenge 7 submissions.

Very soft submission @Pbsw23

ghostbusters-slimer.gif

@hal56 exactly the kind of stuff I would assume members post when a horror challenge comes around

giphy.gif

@Mrdugan 534b99bea81ce7d087d1a365f41adc1a4cd20793.gif

@ncraft giphy.gif

@Parzival thanks for adding the additional titles. giphy.gif

@Reagh for that Dances with Wolves comment 😡, I'm watching you giphy.gif

@MikeH5856  dawn-of-the-dead-scary.gif

@Freeformfreakout giphy.gif

@Gary K giphy.gif

@Darkinoux johnny-depp-sleepy-hollow.gif

@raylight 221d97f9071b781d92e9e89ea37ccd33d761e9d8

And the streak continues @R1s1ngs0n ComfortableWarpedChupacabra-size_restricted.gif

Halloween 3 🤮 @Veum giphy.gif

@DParadigm please also tell us about your the first movie that creeped you out tumblr_pi5dspmyWb1ut1d6co6_r1_540.gif

@Fortis93 not just lurking lurking-mike-myers.gif come out and play the challange.

@ethnosax giphy.gif

@bossjon the-fog-ghosts.gif

@damships giphy.gif

@hansreinhardt 609ce569466902dbf2e11ec51a0bbc7b.gif

Space Vampires are totally fine to use, and Color Out of Space is truely a Horror Movie because it SUCKS 🤣. But thanks for the additional movies, this way I don't need to think about allowing some of the others 😅

@Rambo df8375001ae9fefdb1f6fcf4cd8ae30a_w200.gif

@ajames212 ExcR.gif

@Ryan 3NOT.gif

@InfiniteDoors 😲 MQYL.gif

@Cornrow tumblr_m6ld0xdDRi1ra4pu6o1_500.gif

@HeightOfFolly b6b4189debafd49b707bdab28cbfe351.gif

@Rockntoni87 still need to tell us what the first movie was that creeped you out.

@TechSpec924 6776d119ad310cfb24818647213b5cfb.gif

Everyone else

face_the_psycho_challenge_now_spinning_particles_gold.gif.f3735c53592458460292eb44af851483.gif

• Like 16
  • Thanks 10
  • Haha 3

vor 16 Minuten schrieb extantsrevenge:

Great start already to

glas001.gif.f05d01b020c4885b6a617345a64aa401.gif

Thanks @Pbsw23 for the challenge, I did not anticipate how controversial it would become 🤣. We should have simply wrote no Sci-Fi horror allowed and be done with it 😅.

Thanks for the remaining challenge 6 submissions @Parzival @Noir21 @hansdermeister @Neil21Harris @Adrip

😱 @nexusjuan it is already monday so the 6th challenge is technically over. Since I'm just typing this post and start giving away the first points fot challenge 7 I will allow this late submission. Please make sure you make your submission within the given timeframe 👌

Now to the challenge 7 submissions.

Very soft submission @Pbsw23

ghostbusters-slimer.gif

@hal56 exactly the kind of stuff I would assume members post when a horror challenge comes around

giphy.gif

@Mrdugan 534b99bea81ce7d087d1a365f41adc1a4cd20793.gif

@ncraft giphy.gif

@Parzival thanks for adding the additional titles. giphy.gif

@Reagh for that Dances with Wolves comment 😡, I'm watching you giphy.gif

@MikeH5856  dawn-of-the-dead-scary.gif

@Freeformfreakout giphy.gif

@Gary K giphy.gif

@Darkinoux johnny-depp-sleepy-hollow.gif

@raylight 221d97f9071b781d92e9e89ea37ccd33d761e9d8

And the streak continues @R1s1ngs0n ComfortableWarpedChupacabra-size_restricted.gif

Halloween 3 🤮 @Veum giphy.gif

@DParadigm please also tell us about your the first movie that creeped you out tumblr_pi5dspmyWb1ut1d6co6_r1_540.gif

@Fortis93 not just lurking lurking-mike-myers.gif come out and play the challange.

@ethnosax giphy.gif

@bossjon the-fog-ghosts.gif

@damships giphy.gif

@hansreinhardt 609ce569466902dbf2e11ec51a0bbc7b.gif

Space Vampires are totally fine to use, and Color Out of Space is truely a Horror Movie because it SUCKS 🤣. But thanks for the additional movies, this why I don't need to think about allowing some of the others 😅

@Rambo df8375001ae9fefdb1f6fcf4cd8ae30a_w200.gif

@ajames212 ExcR.gif

@Ryan 3NOT.gif

@InfiniteDoors 😲 MQYL.gif

@Cornrow tumblr_m6ld0xdDRi1ra4pu6o1_500.gif

@HeightOfFolly b6b4189debafd49b707bdab28cbfe351.gif

@Rockntoni87 still need to tell us what the first movie was that creeped you out.

@TechSpec924 6776d119ad310cfb24818647213b5cfb.gif

Everyone else

face_the_psycho_challenge_now_spinning_particles_gold.gif.f3735c53592458460292eb44af851483.gif

@extantsrevenge

totally forgot. first movie creeped me out was IT... funny because watching it today is like watching cartoons on a saturday morning

• Haha 6

I didn’t know what to chose so I decided to share with you 10 horror movies @extantsrevenge :

- 28 days later

- Fright Night

- Friday the 13th

- Freddy

- Evil Dead

- Hellraiser

- Halloween Kills

- Saw

- Overlord

- Space Jam (as they say in Scary movie, we can consider it as an horror movie when you see how Mickael Jordan is playing 🤣🤣🤣).

Cheers.

• Like 10

il y a 11 minutes, JojoFrance76 a dit :

I didn’t know what to chose so I decided to share with you 10 horror movies @extantsrevenge :

- 28 days later

- Fright Night

- Friday the 13th

- Freddy

- Evil Dead

- Hellraiser

- Halloween Kills

- Saw

- Overlord

- Space Jam (as they say in Scary movie, we can consider it as an horror movie when you see how Mickael Jordan is playing 🤣🤣🤣).

Cheers.

The first movie which probably made me creep out was Nightmare on elm Street.

And here is the photo @extantsrevenge 😅

09B20416-492A-4AD4-9116-30EFC03C88F8.jpeg

Edited by JojoFrance76
  • Like 22

So I hope they all count

IT

The Shining

Psycho

Us

and either the Hellsing OVA movies for vampires ( @extantsrevenge would they count?) or to be safe Zombieland for...well...zombies

20221024_134540.thumb.jpg.0b833397da13e9406a64e94ce867f7ce.jpg

I don't remember getting scared by movies...as a child I got scared by the Forest Temple level in Zelda Ocarina of Time, mostly due to the unnerving music

Spoiler

Also got scared by one episode of "Beyond Belief: Fact or Fiction" 😅 which included a ghost/body appearing behind you while looking in the mirror. And after watching the episode I had to get food for my pet bunny from our cellar in which various mirrors were hung up or just standing around...

Nowadays I only know true horror when receiving a message from @R1s1ngs0n

• Like 9
  • Haha 14

Challenge 7!

So first film that freaked me out is a toughie.  I watched Hellraiser, Alien, Nightmare on Elm Street and all the usual suspects as a kid but they didn’t really scare me too much.

I guess one that did a little as I watched it when I was really really young was Labyrinth.  For a few days I thought I might get stolen at night.  

My sister wouldn’t have come to help.  She’d have left David Bowie to it, mincing about on his upside down staircases.

IT - Killer Clown

Newer IT - Killer Clown

Ghoulies - Ghoulies

Dead Heads - Zombies

Feast - Family of flesh eating monsters

John Wick - Boogeyman 👻

D89D5958-8D7F-40D8-A4B6-179A8B93E080.thumb.jpeg.45e09b59196097f1b4f34ff85bdc7313.jpeg

• Like 22

Challenge Number Seven @Pbsw23 & @extantsrevenge

Typical Halloween Films, or Horror, Creepy, etc ... I don't really have any Films in my Collection. I've seen many of the Films, were listed here before.

To take part of the challenge, I looked to see what was so creepy in the closet.

Besides spooky moments, I also have a few small monsters and a few big monsters and last but not least, a few ghosts

image.thumb.jpeg.cea40772c1b1ccf846036b4358703b76.jpeg

Edited by Blu Magic Ray
  • Like 24

Challenge #7

1. The Lost Boys

2. Dog Soldiers

3. Blade

4. A Nightmare On Elm Street

5. Leprechaun? I would say it’s a horror but I’ve got others if needs changing.

I thought I’d try get involved with these missed a few challenges.

The first film that freaked me out was a nightmare on elm street watched it way to young and had a few good nightmares from it. It will always be one of my favourites I’m hoping they do a 4k set one day.

532F89E6-ED36-4757-AAED-781C2FF74D5E.thumb.jpeg.24a39dce1844b446fb6c6de1e16a8f5c.jpeg

• Like 26

vor 38 Minuten schrieb extantsrevenge:

@Catgirl @Blu Magic Ray don't forget to tell us what was the first movie that creeped you out.

The first movie that gave me real sleepless nights was "ALIEN"... I think I was 12 or 13 years old. The description of the film said "Sci-Fi" ... I must have missed the word "horror". In any case, for two weeks afterwards I was always afraid that the Alien would come through my window... 🤣

Sigourney Weaver Alien Gif GIF

• Like 11