IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats certainly a new way I approached my collection today, @Trianna 😄

So here s my selection:

Red - Blufans, Moulin Rouge

Orange - Kimchi, Jackie Brown

Yellow - Black Barons, Gremlins

Green - WeET, Monster Hunter

PaleBlue - WeET, Jumanji The Next Level

DarkBlue/Purple - CXMedia, The Thing

Pink - Kimchi, From Dusk till Dawn

image.thumb.jpeg.afcc7304420ef81ef5609c2a39c1f4cb.jpeg

My collection is organised as follows:

Premiums by Retailer and then either alphabetical or by release number

Rest: alphabetical

Edited by hal56
  • Like 30

Submission for Week 8

Red - Scott Pilgrim

Orange - Batman Begins Blufans

Yellow - Watchmen TOC

Green - Toy Story

Pale Blue - Wikd Things

Dark Blue - The Road Warrior 

Pink- Thriller Box set

I will separate by Steelbooks and Non-Steels on different racks.  I  sort alphabetically the non collections..   I have all Marval, DC, Disney, and Star Wars together on their own shelf(s) as well as box sets and certain retailers, like Kino and Arrow and TOC.

20221030_081635.thumb.jpg.9769cc2d0e346501ad71f8a9b82b7fd4.jpg

• Like 29

Challenge #7

So… here we are at Week 7 and Challenge #7 , thanks to @Pbsw23 for presenting this new challenge which seems to be quite a favourite amongst members .. after all who doesn’t like a bit of horror every now and then … anyhow Been watching horror movies for years all started with the usual suspects ..( not the movie )… but with the universal monster movies and Hammer Horror.. but they were quite tame compared to what was to come … the 80s were full to the brim with them and the earlier ones were either banned or severely cut and branded video nasties … one of those video nasties I first saw at the cinema and probably the first to “ creep “ me out was Sam Raimis The Evil Dead … … especially the  “we’re gonna get you “…. In a really maniacal voice..Yeah that was creepy… nowadays I don’t really find horror scary.. and can watch most modern Schlock Horror with all its gore and bloodied bodies 

Its the supernatural ones with the jump scares that tend to get you on the first watch… 

Anyway down to the task at hand 

My selection for this challenge is

1. Crimson Peak ….Ghosts
  2. The Howling … Werewolves 
  3. The Lost Boys…..Vampires … 
  4. World War Z … Zombies
  5. Army of Darkness .. Skeletons 

AF31AAEE-4C05-40AF-9844-DB45F1685577.thumb.jpeg.cad1b428eb16d860eeeaec8e89b6573b.jpeg

982EBCED-F2BC-4057-9F35-07EDC173DC6F.thumb.jpeg.f5b000bcffaee8543185a85567d769aa.jpeg

85766155-E272-4DF8-85CF-F2F356DC1F76.thumb.jpeg.9e821dff9cd0dd6aff952dfe9e207909.jpeg

52BE7C10-8886-4EA1-A659-ADF0BE95AC7C.thumb.jpeg.a76aa70bd2766f7c46bbcfc39b76466e.jpeg

58D949BF-1CCF-464D-875F-015EBB0E2A83.thumb.jpeg.4e23b34610d70a8b31948af0b57b6dad.jpeg

bring on challenge #8…..

Edited by ukade2327
  • Like 29

Excellent challenge @Trianna

7D846C00-ABFD-458A-9221-57D8F462DD87.thumb.jpeg.0c2db067a2376561e932e69b6181b37b.jpeg

RED   The Sting  (Blufans)

ORANGE   Scott Pilgrim  (MLIFE)

YELLOW  Pet Sematary  (CM)

GREEN  Sense and Sensibility  (MLIFE)

BLUE  Hot Fuzz   (EB)

PURPLE  Her   (Manta)

Pink  Cry Baby & Serial Mom   (WCL)

I do my best to organize by retailer for Premium & Boutique Labels. 
Then I try to group bare steels together & Mediabooks together.

Then I try to group all standard 4K & 3D together 

After that the rest is a mess. 

Edited by Reagh
  • Like 28

• ★ Administrators ★

Thanks @Trianna for this fun challenge, Care Bears assemble 🤣

giphy.gif

or better get Rainbow Brite to help out.

giphy.gif

Anyway I mean who doesn't like to look at the sky to see some nice colors 😃

giphy.gif

as this challenge reminded me instantly about anime (since they are colorful), I wanted to go with that ☺️

Studio Ghibli did not let me down, here is my spine rainbow (the green is Arrietty).

1040236519_MPChallenge81.thumb.JPG.82679e59902aa40edebe61976c8cb48d.JPG

Since I had fun making the picture I also went for a front rainbow picture using different Ghibli movies 😮

91354298_MPChallenge82.thumb.JPG.04cf5caaf59d671a568ec1d824265830.JPG

mi-vecino-totoro-smile.gif

To answer your question. In the past I organized my collection alphabetical, but sadly with the collection getting bigger and bigger that is increasingly more challenging.

I still have my movies A-Z, but no longer all editions together. OCs are now at other places and here I oranize by retailer. All my anime are seperate from the live action stuff, they are also alphabetical. Then my Filmarena collection is in another section and that is in releases order. So my order has evolved a little 😁

• Like 31

• ★ Administrators ★

Week 8 — All The Colors Of The One Click

Thanks @Trianna and @extantsrevenge for a super creative challenge that I couldn’t quite solve without actually looking at my collection.  I decided to make it interesting and use all one-clicks, but realized I don’t have a yellow one so subbed the Scott Pilgrim.

Us - Manta Labs

Rollerball - Koch

Scott Pilgrim - MLife

Matrix Collection - UHD Club

Dunkirk - Manta Labs

Avengers Endgame - WeET

Fight Club - Manta Labs

As for my collection, I have Premiums and boutique retailers separately categorized and alphabetized within each retailer. For non premium/boutique I separate out Horror/Sci-fi, Superherous, Anime, Asian and Animation and the rest.  I have titles alphabetized within each genre.  May sound confusing, but it works for me.

808F7997-FEB7-4EE7-8881-E1F3D94DF3F0.thumb.jpeg.faeaa1f544f8313d04ce60fde1872689.jpeg

Edited by Gary K
  • Like 34

• ★ Administrators ★
5 minutes ago, Reagh said:

Excellent challenge @Trianna

7D846C00-ABFD-458A-9221-57D8F462DD87.thumb.jpeg.0c2db067a2376561e932e69b6181b37b.jpeg

RED   The Sting  (Blufans)

ORANGE   Scott Pilgrim  (MLIFE)

YELLOW  Pet Sematary  (CM)

GREEN  Sense and Sensibility  (MLIFE)

BLUE  Hot Fuzz   (EB)

PURPLE  Her   (Manta)

Pink  Cry Baby & Serial Mom   (WCL)

I do my best to organize by retailer for Premium & Boutique Labels. 
Then I try to group bare steels together & Mediabooks together.

Then I try to group all standard 4K & 3D together 

After that the rest is a mess. 

Funny, I used that Scott Pilgrim as yellow!

• Like 3

Challenge 8

Somewhere over the rainbow~

Thanks to @Trianna "Mandarina" for this colorful challenge at spooky times ! 👻

Red - Inglourious Basterds

Orange - Trainspotting

Yellow - Codename UNCLE

Green - Sicario

PaleBlue - Jurassic World 3 - Dominion

DarkBlue/Purple - John Wick 3

Pink - From Dusk Till Dawn (dont want to open OC 😳)

IMG_8192.thumb.JPG.184df7095a93b8dab42160193f3b87b6.JPG

And about "order", at the moment my collection looks more like "controlled chaos". 😲

But, what should I do when I have no time to sort my collection beside of all these challenges, awards, creating award gifs, prepare sample custom discs and...of course asking for beautyshots. 🤣 But a pic says more than thousand words..😳

IMG_8195.thumb.JPG.719b5c04f8dea65464cd90054eb443bf.JPG

Normally, if everything is at its place, I have one shelf for animation, family, comedy, dokus etc. Another shelf only for Star Wars, another one for Science Fiction movies including an extra place for the Marvel/DC titles. And the rest of the shelves are Action, Crime, Thriller etc. movies. All are ordered alphabetically inside their subject area.

• Like 33

Thank you very much for this colorful challenge @Trianna 😘

Challenge 8

Somewhere over the rainbow~

Red The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button

Orange The Passion of the Christ

Yellow - Inglorious Basterds

Green Mask

PaleBlue - Roman Holiday

DarkBlue/Purple - Avengers Endgame

Pink - Atomic Blonde

A5172E8E-84A4-4FD5-84B9-5ECBA3B6038C.thumb.jpeg.3da6502ff26620fb74bd533e809dd21e.jpeg

Well as you know Veum’s storage compartment is unconventional at best 😂 🤪

Snooping Brennan Elliott GIF by Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Steven Yeun Storage GIF by TIFF

Problem Oops GIF

• Like 31

Challange #8. Here's my attempt ..  

Red ... Shaun of the Dead. Everythingblu 

Orange ... Vertigo.  OAB. 

Yellow ... the Shining. Cinemuseum 

Green ... Suicide Squad. Filmarena 

PaleBlue ... Rambo first blood.  Zavvi 

Purple ... Killer Klowns from outer space. Everythingblu 

Pink ... Spider-Man into the Spider-Verse

20221030_114126.thumb.jpg.00a8ecc355efef5027466b85fed34567.jpg

I organize my premiums bye order of Retailer. Then steelbooks.    The rest like dvd's are in boxes. Still have them. Thanks for the challange @Trianna

• Like 31

1 minute ago, ajames212 said:

Challange #8. Here's my attempt ..  

Red ... Shaun of the Dead. Everythingblu 

Orange ... Vertigo.  OAB. 

Yellow ... the Shining. Cinemuseum 

Green ... Suicide Squad. Filmarena 

PaleBlue ... Rambo first blood.  Zavvi 

Purple ... Killer Klowns from outer space. Everythingblu 

Pink ... Spider-Man into the Spider-Verse

20221030_114126.thumb.jpg.00a8ecc355efef5027466b85fed34567.jpg

I organize my premiums bye order of Retailer. Then steelbooks.    The rest like dvd's are in boxes. Still have them. Thanks for the challange @Trianna

I see what you did there 😂 

Thats Good Robert Deniro GIF

• Haha 3

Challenge 8:

I’ve added extras to make sure I’m covered as they kind of cover multiple bases.

My collection isn’t rigid in organisation but I’d say it’s ordered by film / franchise and then retailer.

Red - Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Orange - Terminator 2 JD - Mondo

Yellow - Bohemian Rhapsody (I’m calling it yellow)

Green - Terminator 2 JD - Mondo Variant / Fight Club

PaleBlue - Fight Club / John Wick Nova

DarkBlue/Purple - Terminator 2 JD / Horizon Forbidden West 

Pink - Grease

E61FCABA-8382-431B-9F1E-2545785A22E4.thumb.jpeg.9863eff79c6fba9b64bbad65713c94d3.jpeg

• Like 32

Challenge 8 submission !

Thanks @Trianna for this colorfull challenge 🌈

To answer you're question i made three section , one with all the super heroes movies with DC and Marvel the second with all my premium by series like the badboys and the tarantino movies and the third with all my steelbook also by series .

red : mission impossible 1

Orange : hitman & bodyguard

Yellow mission impossible 2

Vert : fight club

Bleu : mission impossible 3

Violet : le cinquième élément 

Rose : grease

20221030_170946.thumb.jpg.712d0a37cff8a50d07b3d0e92133bbfe.jpg

• Like 33

Not knowing @Trianna as well as some of you, I was curious about this challenge and what it would be. Glad to see it was

another good one! 

My Disney collection really bailed me out of this one....

Follow Me Disney GIF

Here's my attempt for Challenge #8

Red: Dredd

Orange: Gattaca

Yellow: Finding Dory

Green: A Bug's Life

Blue: How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Indigo: Toy Story 2

Violet/Pink: Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

20221030_102504.thumb.jpg.5a2f9aa1275867d633a9484de5f4bb11.jpg

My entire collection is organized alphabetically, but I have separate shelving sections for steels, amrays, and DVDs. I don't have enough of any retailer to justify their own sections...yet. Except maybe Best Buy 🙄

• Like 30

4 hours ago, Trianna said:

Challenge 8

For this challenge I want to bring some colours in this thread and put the spotlight onto the spines at the same time. So to complete this challenge you have to build a rainbow out of your collection.

Rainbow Reaction GIF by Declan McKenna

Which means you have to put overall 7 editions showing just the spines in the following order

Red Orange Yellow Green PaleBlue DarkBlue/Purple and Pink

You can use all kinds of steelbooks and premiums just no Amarays. But please (if not visible from the spine) tell us which movies you used.

We also would like to know in what order you usually display your collection: Colour-coordinated? Genre-wise? Name of the retailer?

Thanks for the fun and colorful challenge, @Trianna! And hat-tip to @KubricksYarblesfor helping me realize I do have a pink title after all! 😂

Red: Godzilla

Orange: Iron Man 2

Yellow: Mad Max Fury Road

Green: Mad Max

Pale Blue: Godzilla King of the Monsters

Dark Purple: Bullet Train

Pink: True Romance

37DCF7BD-2337-4EF7-A847-59C0ACC87EBA.thumb.jpeg.daeec508ee6c50bf953d59a4de20e981.jpeg

As far as the order my collection is displayed in, I go with boring old, straight-up alphabetical.  Marvel and DC films have their own shelves, though, and the Bond singles are all together in the Bs. I have been toying with the idea of separating my premiums, though, but there’s so few of them at the moment I just keep them with the regulars.

• Like 31

4 hours ago, Trianna said:

Challenge 8

For this challenge I want to bring some colours in this thread and put the spotlight onto the spines at the same time. So to complete this challenge you have to build a rainbow out of your collection.

Rainbow Reaction GIF by Declan McKenna

Which means you have to put overall 7 editions showing just the spines in the following order

Red Orange Yellow Green PaleBlue DarkBlue/Purple and Pink

You can use all kinds of steelbooks and premiums just no Amarays. But please (if not visible from the spine) tell us which movies you used.

We also would like to know in what order you usually display your collection: Colour-coordinated? Genre-wise? Name of the retailer?

Pen Ink Red - Shaun of the Dead

Gladiator Orange - Thor: Ragnarok

Golden Piss Yellow - Kingsman: The Secret Service

Pale Alien Green - The Thing

Sandford Officer Blue - Hot Fuzz

Artificial Romance Purple - her

Itty Bitty Kitty Pink - From Dusk till Dawn

20221030_103246.jpg

• Like 31

@Trianna

Wow (and Congratulations) !

This is a really

CREATIVE

idea and refreshingly different!

Tried to make it totally in OC-Style, but unfortunately have no pink Box (so far...), but "DRIVE" is a nice slip anyway.

So here is my contribution for 

Challenge #8 

IMG_0988.thumb.jpg.5e55f4843e1ae645f0f6a8bc9a94ebc0.jpg

Red               The Great Showman      Manta Lab                

Orange        Batman Begins                 Blufans Exclusive     

Yellow *       Beauty And The Beast  Blufans Exclusive

Green           Joker                                    Manta Lab

Pale Blue     Dunkirk                               Manta Lab

Dark Blue    Midway                               TheOn Exclusive | KimchiDVD

Pink               DRIVE                                  Novamedia Exclusive

* Gold is the new Yellow !!!

Hope that this Mission is successfully accomplished !

:)

Edited by F.M.S
Something in the formatting needed to be improved...
  • Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Challenge 7

I haven't been a fan of horror movies for a long time, when I was I still didn't collect any of this.

I would say that the first one that I remember that made a real impression on me was Alien, without a doubt it is the definition of horror, but since it does not count for this challenge, I will include two other films.

The Blair Witch project and The Ring made quite an impression on me, especially since at that time we used to go into the woods in the summer at night.😬

20221030_005032.jpg

20221030_134308.jpg

• Like 28

My rainbow:

D75078CA-96CC-4A80-AF25-96F4D4EC2389.thumb.jpeg.4f39c4f798c7be7d4c7b079fea4976fa.jpeg

Red-Spirited Away

Orange-Easy Rider

Yellow-The Professional

Green-Nausicaa of the Four Winds

L. Blue-Hitman's Wife's Bodyguard

D.Blue- Jaws 3

Purple-Only Yesterday

Pink-Pretty in Pink

My collection...Here goes: I sort left to right, top to bottom; first is box sets, in alphabetical, then Marvel, in order of release, then Mondo, since they are a set, by number, then Studio Ghibli, in alpha order, then premiums, in alpha order, then regular steels, in alpha order, although sequels go with their movies, e.g. 2 Fast 2 Furious is after The Fast and the Furious, not with the number titles, then my Criterion blus, by set number, then my Amrays, in alpha order. It's a lot @Trianna but you asked. 🙂. Thanks for the challenge! Here's what that system looks like in practice, basically a physical manifestation of my OCD:

12BD8F2B-E3B1-4F6C-BE4C-BB1ECF3B28D1.thumb.jpeg.ebc8643387f63f839110ac611871735d.jpeg6DA58B4C-D6B3-46E2-90BD-5D396A1F9D7B.thumb.jpeg.a9f1d6127152ae7f31645454967178c0.jpeg

• Like 28
  • Thanks 2