IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Challenge 7:

-Very timely choice @Pbsw23, nice one. 👍 

-Thinking back the movie that creeped me out the most when I first saw it was the original Child's Play.  I think I was probably in grade school or middle school and it was being shown on TV.  Pretty sure multiple nightmares came from that that movie.  To be honest not sure I would be keen to watching it again even now. 😱

Would prefer the below movies without creepy serial killer dolls: Psycho, Night of the Living Dead, Evil Dead 2, Friday the 13th, or Halloween

20221024_203030.thumb.jpg.141a704958e9bcec80b5be8346757d0c.jpg

20221024_203123.thumb.jpg.1d66193130d169fc10f67ea807a5bd6a.jpg

• Like 27

Scary movies...ok then. The first scary movie I ever saw was Cujo, but I was too young for it to freak me out. We didn't have a dog, and I was 4, so I had no frame of reference; I think I was just bored, but it freaked my mom out! Then I saw The Exorcist. A little background: I don't want to derail this thread with a religious discussion, but I was raised Christian...baptist, to be exact. So, I don't screw around with demonic things. But The Exorcist is a classic, and I had heard how good it was, so I watched it. And when that little girl, Reagan, looked at the camera while possessed, I felt like that demon was looking right at me; chills! I'm not scared of real demons, but I don't mess around with them, either. I don't own a copy, nor will I ever. Another movie that freaked me out more recently was Event Horizon; when he hugs his dead wife and asks her to stay, then she replies as the camera pans up and it shows her hell-pit eyes...only time I've jumped in a theater!

Ok, so now you all know me a little better. Now for my five: I chose Texas Chainsaw Massacre (a classic), Phantasm (cool blade orbs!), Saw (a modern classic, after all, we are playing a game), Get Out (I recently started watching Jordan Peele movies, and while I don't like them all, this one was good), and Hereditary (one of my favorites). Thanks for reading!

90533DC3-A5FB-4AAD-B683-CF85B006B395.thumb.jpeg.03091a2ba46142f17e5fb5cf8b5bd30a.jpeg

• Like 27

On 9/14/2022 at 4:34 AM, extantsrevenge said:

Ever wondered if you're Psycho enough?

@★ Platinum Psycho ★ @★ GOLD Psycho ★ @★ Members ★

giphy.gif

To find out!

Welcome to the Psycho Challenge!

You might ask yourself

tumblr_nmaanxFV1I1tfbtrwo1_500.gif

Simple, each week (most likely on monday) we will have a new challenge waiting for you right here!

- You have time to participate in that challenge until the next one is posted.

- Each solved challenge is getting you 1 Point.

- Everyone can and should participate 😜

- At the moment the plan is that after reaching 10 Points members will receive a nice Psycho Challenge Award (to be revealed later).

- No need to panic if you can't participate in a certain challenge, there is always the next one coming.

What are the challenges?

Almost everything is possible. See my post here and here.

Can I also submit a Challenge?

Each member that is participating in a week can add to his post: "I have a challenge for next week".

It is important that you do NOT post the actual challenge/idea! It also must be a challenge that you yourself can solve, as you will be required to take part in your own challenge.

During the week one of the participating members that wants to submit a challenge will be chosen for the next week. You will be contacted to see if your challenge is okay for the game.

Anyway

face_the_psycho_challenge_now_spinning_particles_gold.gif.f3735c53592458460292eb44af851483.gif

Our seventh challenge is:

Challenge 7  - ‘Creepin’ it Reel’

Here comes Halloween People!

This week we would like you to show us 5 different movies that are either Horror or Halloween themed. All Horror titles are of course allowed, but only 2 titles from one franchise. 

If you do not have any Horror titles and because it is Halloween this week, don’t panic because we are also allowing titles that prominently include the following:

• Witches
  • Ghosts
  • Vampires
  • Skeletons
  • Zombies
  • Werewolves

Please note that ALL other Monsters/Aliens/Creatures will NOT be considered for this Challenge.

All movie formats are inclusive (BluRay, DVD, VHS etc.)

And Finally, all Movie titles Must be of an age rating of 12 or above. No Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Casper the Friendly Ghost please and thank you. 👍🏼

We would like you to accompany your submission with an answer to the following question - What was the First Movie that you recall that Creeped you out?

Thank you and Let’s Go! 🎃👻💀🧟‍♂️

This challenge comes from @Pbsw23 read the reveal here!

Important, this Psycho challenge is supposed to be fun! It is intended to share cool pictures, exchange thoughts, ignite discussion and bring Psychos together. Hopefully it will also be a great starting point for the inactive Psychos and jump right into the action.

Special thanks go to @raylight for all gifs he made for this challenge and other awards 🙏

Frustrated Come On GIF by Saturday Night Live

Y'all know I don't have anything like that!

• ★ Administrators ★
16 hours ago, Wtd said:

My submission for Challenge 7.

image.thumb.jpeg.ce3ab01f86c08d5cac5f4775042cf089.jpeg

Wanted to mix it up with different styles of horror and stick only to my premiums.

• Beetlejuice (HDZeta)
  • Get Out (EverythinBlu)
  • Psycho (EverythingBlu)
  • Shaun of the Dead (EverythingBlu)
  • The Shining (Black Barons)

Happy Halloween everyone!

Need also to tell us which movie creeped you out first.

That was a slow day, keep the submissions coming.

auge001.gif.2f53d3d2625c6f06c5d31650774d81ad.gif

• Like 4

@Pbsw23 Thank you for this challenge #7

I don't really like horror movies in general. However, I have few of them in my collection.

One of the first horror movies which I saw was The Exorcist. I was young and I was scared. The opening scene from Jaw had the similar effect. Even these are horror movies both movies are brilliant and I like them.

My selction for this challenge

• Jaws
  • It
  • The Exorcist
  • Shining
  • Pet Sematary

Psycho_Challenge7.thumb.jpg.e24b3f21994440858f09a7c8ea64be5b.jpg

Regards,

Wolfgang

• Like 18

On 10/18/2022 at 4:19 PM, Pbsw23 said:

Do you feature anywhere, or have any Oldschool mix tapes etc. that it is possible to listen too?

Im a Big Hip Hop fan which for the UK back in the day, was a little rare. Used to drive around in my first car with a battery operated (cost me a fortune in batteries) boom box on the back seat, banging out a Terminator X, Tribe Called Quest, De La etc etc. Purely because the car stereo was Shite. 😂

Also have you seen The Get Down on Netflix? Not quite true to form, but still enjoyable all the same (Produced by and features Nas vocals).

Oh and btw, I LOVED The Get Down. I also really enjoyed the Wu-Tang saga on Hulu. 

• Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

hexe001.gif.3d5bc91a77703f50f49a03068d9ed4d7.gif

@JojoFrance76 Michael Myers Summer GIF by HBO Max

@Trianna Disturbing Stephen King GIF is what the lattest message from @R1s1ngs0n must have been 😜

@Catgirl train-to-busan-bloody.gif

@bungral horror movies GIF by absurdnoise

@Blu Magic Ray Hdd2U GIF by Happy Death Day 2U

@Hecko welcome to the MP Psycho Challenge, never to late to join the fun. Season 6 Freddy GIF by ABC Network

@bilbon do you maybe have two more Horror movies? The Alien & Predator don't count, sorry.

@Boilersteel jason voorhees GIF

@Chief_lookout saw GIF

@Wtd  The Shining GIF

@Darek evil dead horror GIF

@Toapel The Exorcist GIF by filmeditor

I'm currently doing a Horror Movie Week and yesterday I watched The Sadness.....

Horror Films GIF by Raven Banner Entertainment

Scared Kermit The Frog GIF

that was some sick stuff, I think they went a little far, not really something to enjoy 😅

Let's see some more submissions

face_the_psycho_challenge_now_spinning_particles_gold.gif.f3735c53592458460292eb44af851483.gif

• Like 16
  • Haha 2

Il y a 1 heure, extantsrevenge a dit :

hexe001.gif.3d5bc91a77703f50f49a03068d9ed4d7.gif

@JojoFrance76 Michael Myers Summer GIF by HBO Max

@Trianna Disturbing Stephen King GIF is what the lattest message from @R1s1ngs0n must have been 😜

@Catgirl train-to-busan-bloody.gif

@bungral horror movies GIF by absurdnoise

@Blu Magic Ray Hdd2U GIF by Happy Death Day 2U

@Hecko welcome to the MP Psycho Challenge, never to late to join the fun. Season 6 Freddy GIF by ABC Network

@bilbon do you maybe have two more Horror movies? The Alien & Predator don't count, sorry.

@Boilersteel jason voorhees GIF

@Chief_lookout saw GIF

@Wtd  The Shining GIF

@Darek evil dead horror GIF

@Toapel The Exorcist GIF by filmeditor

I'm currently doing a Horror Movie Week and yesterday I watched The Sadness.....

Horror Films GIF by Raven Banner Entertainment

Scared Kermit The Frog GIF

that was some sick stuff, I think they went a little far, not really something to enjoy 😅

Let's see some more submissions

OK Nils, does Prometheus still count or is he considered an Alien?

• Like 1

i like horror movies but i dont think that many of them are really good. i dont expect horror films to have oscar ambitions but many times they are really stupid or use the same approaches all the time (e.g. when a person is really close to the camera and there is a lot of dark behind him/her - especially if the person is not in the middle of camera shot, you can expect that somebody/something will jump or at least appear from the dark). 

anyway, despite this, i usually enjoy watching horror films. 

i remember that when i was a child, some episodes of TV series "x-files" were extremely frightening and i sometimes had the issues to go to sleep after that. 

watching "sinister" for the first time was really frightening. when we were watching it with my wife at home, i had to pee maybe 30 minutes before the end of the film. i stood from the couch, went to the toilet through the hallway. when i entered the hallway, i made a step back and turned the light on. my wife asked me if i feared, but i answered: "of course not, i just dont want to kick into something if it was on the ground." when we are rewatching "sinister", we always laugh on this 🙂

my choice: 

• saw - the final twist was fantastic; i rewatched it last month (after a long time) and the movie was not so interesting like i remembered it. 
  • sinister - great horror
  • get out - something different, very good
  • it 1+2 - very good adaption of the book, especially the first film
  • piranha - photos of "jaws" from other psychos inspired me for this one. i really like this horror comedy 🙂

IMG20221027112911.jpg

• Like 20

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, bilbon said:

OK Nils, does Prometheus still count or is he considered an Alien?

Nope, that is Alien. Anything with Vampires, or Ghosts would work, if you don't have pure Horror titles. For exmple Blade, Underworld or Resident Evil.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

Nope, that is Alien. Anything with Vampires, or Ghosts would work, if you don't have pure Horror titles. For exmple Blade, Underworld or Resident Evil.

I'm going to have that yes on the other hand, I hesitate on a title,

Life unknown origin,

this film is quite horror all the same but it is an extraterrestrial symbiote so is it considered pure horror for you?

Challenge #7

For me this has been a true challenge. First, I thought about show monster editions, and to my surprise... I realized that I don't have as many as I thought. 

Later, I opted for Halloween-themed movies or horror movies related to this, and that's when I realized that I bought almost all of them a long time ago; I don't buy movies like this lately. Why will it be? Honestly, I don't know. Any psychologist in the community? :) 

And, in the end, I have gathered a few movies linked to horror or with a theme linked to Halloween.

20221027-144205.jpg

There had to be only five, but by mistake I collected more.

Still the most Halloween maybe "The Shining", "To the Devil... a daughter", "Dance of the vampires", "Thirst" and "The Exorcist".

By the way, this small selection is a good example of the level of English language in Spain, and our fantastic translations:

- "To the Devil... a Daughter" was translated as "La monja poseída" (="The possessed nun").

- "Rosemary's Baby" was translated as "La semilla del diablo" (="The seed of the devil"). Yes, a historical spoiler.

- "The Cat and the Canary" was translated as "El legado tenebroso" (="The Dark Legacy")

The rest in the photo that don't have an English or recognizable title are:

- "Los sin nombre" = "The Nameless"

- "Los ojos sin rostro" = "Eyes without a face"

- "El hundimiento de la casa Usher" = "House of Usher"

- "El hombre de las figuras de cera" = "Waxworks"

What was the First Movie that you recall that Creeped you out?

"A Nightmare on Elm Street"

I saw it as a child, alone, one Saturday before going to sleep, and I remember moments when I was wishing it would end because I was having a really bad time.

Unfortunately, these days they don't make really scary movies anymore. But that is for another thread. ;) 

• Like 21

Le 24/10/2022 à 21:44, bilbon a dit :

Challenge #seven 

when I read the challenge, I said to myself, ouch, because I'm not a good customer of horror films, but looking for a bit, there are some titles even if it's not scary, they're still monsters  and ghosts 😄

20221024_211238.jpg

modification of my previous post, I think the mummy also has its place in this Challenge #7, if I remember correctly, my first film which haunted my nights for a while was Jaws, an unforgettable memory because we knew my brother  and me that we weren't allowed to watch it, so the stress was increased tenfold 😄😄

20221027_171537.jpg

• Like 18

Challenge  7 right up my street  , however  no where near enough premium in this genre. 

20221027_162826.thumb.jpg.6aa4d2c256b078166795bb203afeeefd.jpg

Zom Mom the mega under rated The Girl With All The Gifts  and Train To Busan both are a inviting nerve jangling watch. 

Clive Barker  Book Of Blood Ghosts Mr Barker on fine form with exquisite storytelling and cast.

Well worth a watch  this or any time of year

Now Vampire  wise the best filmed version of the Bram Stoker Novel  John Badham 1981 Dracula 

THIS is worth watching for Frank Langella passing his Cloke on entering the Dinning Hall to Sylvester McCoy is legendary  

Here you go 035 seconds 

Blade the only reason  this did not get the same adulation  and recognition  as Black Panther

Was the adult team and rating  . Kris Krisstoperson was awesome  as Whistler  and snipes WAS Blade .

Mahershala Ali    is a perfect pick to follow  in such moosive  shoes. 

Next we have Vampire and werewolf in Tom Holland Fright Night

Roddy Macdiwell facing off with Chris Sarandon  PERFECTION. 

PREIST aultinate realty  with a drop dead gorgeous Karl Urban as Black Hat yummy. 

@extantsrevenge  @Pbsw23 

I hope you enjoy  MY weird and wonderful  picks for this challenge. 

Demons I would have loved too as anytime to show off my Constantine's .

Want You Love GIF by NICOLE DADDONA

• Like 22

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Scary Hair said:

Challenge  7 right up my street  , however  no where near enough premium in this genre. 

20221027_162826.thumb.jpg.6aa4d2c256b078166795bb203afeeefd.jpg

Zom Mom the mega under rated The Girl With All The Gifts  and Train To Busan both are a inviting nerve jangling watch. 

Clive Barker  Book Of Blood Ghosts Mr Barker on fine form with exquisite storytelling and cast.

Well worth a watch  this or any time of year

Now Vampire  wise the best filmed version of the Bram Stoker Novel  John Badham 1981 Dracula 

THIS is worth watching for Frank Langella passing his Cloke on entering the Dinning Hall to Sylvester McCoy is legendary. 

Blade the only reason  this did not get the same adulation  and recognition  as Black Panther

Was the adult team and rating  . Kris Krisstoperson was awesome  as Whistler  and snipes WAS Blade .

Marcella  Ali is a perfect pick to follow  in such moosive  shoes. 

Next we have Vampire and werewolf in Tom Holland Fright Night

Roddy Macdiwell faceing off with Chris Sarandon  PERFECTION. 

PREIST aultinate realty  with a dry dead gorgeous Karl Urban as Black Hat yummy. 

@extantsrevenge  @Pbsw23 

I hope you enjoy  MY weird and wonderful  picks for this challenge. 

Demons I would have loved too as anytime to show off my Constantine's .

Want You Love GIF by NICOLE DADDONA

Awesome selection and I couldn’t agree more that we need WAY more premium love for Horror.  Cinemuseum and Black Barons is not nearly enough and there are so many classic titles that deserve the treatment.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Gary K said:

Awesome selection and I couldn’t agree more that we need WAY more premium love for Horror.  Cinemuseum and Black Barons is not nearly enough and there are so many classic titles that deserve the treatment.  

My feelings exactly! More premium treatments for horror is one area where I hope our upcoming Creators Era custom slips can really shine. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2