IGNORED

Manta Lab The Matrix (Manta Lab Exclusive #45) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

R1s1ngs0n

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is in a position to directly tell John from Manta, could you please remind him that we collect steel books and to focus on steel books. Manta has the best editions, next to Plain Archive. Anyone who is a collector will jump on their releases because of the quality, they sell out out in less than minutes. We don't need bad gimmicks attached to releases, just need focus on good designs.

Ball was dropped on this release. Full Slip, as usual, is best of the bunch, but even then not incredible.

Edited by Garypool
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Awards

1 hour ago, Garypool said:

If anyone is in a position to directly tell John from Manta, could you please remind him that we collect steel books and to focus on steel books. Manta has the best editions, next to Plain Archive. Anyone who is a collector will jump on their releases because of the quality, they sell out out in less than minutes. We don't need bad gimmicks attached to releases, just need focus on good designs.

Ball was dropped on this release. Full Slip, as usual, is best of the bunch, but even then not incredible.

why dont you just email him his addy is out there?

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Garypool said:

Manta is all over the place, they are too busy on pushing out as many releases as they can.

Who else made an OC for DUNE, Blade runner, Drive, Se7en, Fight club?

If the other labels would release them they would blow manta out of the water, just compare Manta's other releases:

Aquaman MAnta vs HDzeta's , HDZETA's is far superior its not even a competition.

Wonder Woman 1984 Manta vs WW1984 Hdzeta, again the latter wins it is much better in every way.

Manta's Zack Snyders Justic league vs Hdzeta's ZS justice league....AGAIN hdzeta wins, manta just added a motherbox but when it comes to the OC itself Hdzeta wins.

Manta's Joker vs Umania Joker, Umania wins just their SL is better than Manta's entire set.

Manta needs to work on using better artwork and quality, their Birds of Prey was atrocious the blurriest Lenticulars I have seen so far.

Their Prestige Oc art was so bad I had trouble finding that image online because if you google THE PRESTIGE ART you can find hundreds of images far better than the cr*p they used.

The art for the matrix is horrible I think it is unanimous at this point.

upcoming Manta list:

Ad Astra

Alien

Aliens

Alien 3

Alien: Resurrection

Blade Runner 2049

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Inception

Kill Bill: Volume 1

Kill Bill: Volume 2

Kingsman: The Golden Circle

Léon: The Professional

Prometheus

Pulp Fiction

Scarface

Shazam!

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Rises

The Matrix Reloaded

The Matrix Revolutions

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Tomb Raider

All the highlighted ones I will get because the batman trilogy has been done by others and far better than anything Manta will produce.

the only thing Manta could do is come up with another gimmick to appeal to the customers.

I haven't seen a Tomb raider OC before, I missed out on Hdzeta silver release which goes for crazy prices nowadays so people will most likely get it because again ...desperation for a box set.

Pulp Fiction they won't beat NovaMedia I can already tell you but since that one is sold out way before I joined I will obviously get it, Scarface...hell yes everyone wants a scarface OC.

So I think I made my point, Manta is no where as good as the other labels so they have to resort to using gimmicks.

Their art is either limited or just horrible, while other labels are doing it much better.

The only reason I buy manta is because other labels haven't dont box sets for certain movies or missed out on prior releases.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Billy Talent said:

The only reason I buy manta is because other labels haven't dont box sets for certain movies or missed out on prior releases.

so to quote your own words billy you say, you buying junk because no one else is making what you do want or can afford otherwise on missed releases xD 

sorry the lot of you need to wind it down a bit manta been round for years, i remember alot people the ones moaning now saying how manta was there number one last year.

@Garypool yes manta do it with bits that is called premium, if you dont like it dont buy it no one is forcing you?

not rocket science.

i get people dont like what they see some times thats fair enough, but when you all joined a gb here you did so willingly as i remember.

now its not upto what you expect you all on the moan?

sorry i been collecting on and off manta i pick and choose what i want, if it does not turn up as expected it gets shifted on.

as collectors even you should be able to grasp that straw?

oh and gary john does not do the day to day running its collectong a friend of his, also you have limited artworks they CAN get approval for. and they can only sell on what CAN be agreed with the studio.

so if you dont like dont buy it simples.

oh and billy what has hdzeta done apart from lotr this year NOT alot at all, so they can have blufans rep if they not producing there going in the bin still.

remember only good as what you do produce.

and they are producing very very little.

so suggest get them glasses checked out because im missing plenty from them because it has not happened.

hopefully this thread can go back to bit more cheer now, not constant whinging about how its not upto there standards 🙄

9c9fffc9-d059-4468-85c3-c9f74e364437_tex

basil 👍

• Like 4

My post didn't really come as tongue in-cheek-as I meant it, I know exactly how to message John/Manta - just expressing disappointment of the release, along with praising them as one of my favourite companies for steel books.

Calm it down though, mate, as far as I'm aware there's no restriction on voicing an opinion, or I missed the thread where it explains we can only be positive? Besides, I mostly have nothing but praise for the work they do.

Exactly, you're right Basil I won't buy the extras, just going for the Full Slip. I'm well aware of my personal capability to pick and choose what not to buy, but thanks for the heads up, I'm sure I forgot that... 

• Like 10

Awards

vor 29 Minuten schrieb Basil:

not constant whinging about how its not upto there standards 🙄

Well, its not so

Deal With It GIFs | Tenor

How about appreciating proper feedback? Ever heard of constructive criticism?

It gets pretty tiring that  members voicing feedback that isnt over the moon positive are either ridiculed or reprimanded for

being "negative". 

Every rational criticism voiced out cordially and respectful is positive and should be appreciated properly.

There are companies that actually pay people for their feedback. Ever thought about why?

• Like 11

38 minutes ago, hal56 said:

Well, its not so

Deal With It GIFs | Tenor

How about appreciating proper feedback? Ever heard of constructive criticism?

It gets pretty tiring that  members voicing feedback that isnt over the moon positive are either ridiculed or reprimanded for

being "negative". 

Every rational criticism voiced out cordially and respectful is positive and should be appreciated properly.

There are companies that actually pay people for their feedback. Ever thought about why?

Question is how is it constructive?

Manta/collectong will not change anything at this late stage so with your hand on your heart what exactly here is constructive?

Because I personally see nothing constructive here, if it could change it then yes but everything would have been made by now 🙄

Right I'm going to leave this alone as its getting stupid 

Next people be using the c word because there not happy.

I hope john does see this!

DONT JOIN A GB WITHOUT SEEING BEAUTYSHOTS END OF!!!!

Basil 🙄

9 minutes ago, Basil said:

Manta/collectong will not change anything at this late stage so with your hand on your heart what exactly here is constructive?

Because I personally see nothing constructive here, if it could change it then yes but everything would have been made by now 🙄

Right I'm going to leave this alone as its getting stupid 

Next people be using the c word because there not happy.

I hope john does see this!

DONT JOIN A GB WITHOUT SEEING BEAUTYSHOTS END OF!!!!

Basil 🙄

How's it not constructive?

I think you've completely made a mountain of a mole hill here.

There's a distinct difference between one person making several posts stating their negative view and many people making one post about how they don't think it's that great. So the constructive input here is that for many people they don't feel the release is great. So if John does see it, well he can think unfortunately that's all the art I had access to, and fair enough. In that case the finish will be as great as they always are. 

I'm sure John is open to feedback, I've seen on Facebook him asking questions regarding extra merch. 

I haven't really seen people complaining about the nature of joining the GB and not knowing that they've committed to the release. I'm still getting the FS, I'm certain the finish will make the full slip a good addition. But don't misconstrue customer feedback with whatever it is you think we're doing. 

And that's all I'll say now.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Awards

9 minutes ago, Basil said:

I have to respectfully disagree my friend. The opinions that were expressed are absolutely constructive. @Garypool complimented what he likes from Manta and voiced his opinion about what he wished to see in the future.

The same goes for our resident Twilight expert, he complimented what he likes from manta and stated his opinions of what he dislikes.

@hal56  is also correct, companies do pay for true responses from customers. And also it feels like at times members are chastised for having a opinion, I can point out more than a handful of staff and seasoned members who criticized art choices and they aren’t made to feel that they’re input is negative. 

Those who express these opinions are trying to effect change for the future.

if everyone just keeps saying OMG I love it and can’t wait to have it in hand, we are going to wind up with more plastic cats, puzzle pieces, paperweights and coins. 

Just my opinion of course 

EB49F751-E004-4FBB-AC85-1975AF3ED097.gif.a85271aba77cd5280adba6f86bf7d12b.gif

• Like 13

49 minutes ago, Reagh said:

I have to respectfully disagree my friend. The opinions that were expressed are absolutely constructive. @Garypool complimented what he likes from Manta and voiced his opinion about what he wished to see in the future.

The same goes for our resident Twilight expert, he complimented what he likes from manta and stated his opinions of what he dislikes.

@hal56  is also correct, companies do pay for true responses from customers. And also it feels like at times members are chastised for having a opinion, I can point out more than a handful of staff and seasoned members who criticized art choices and they aren’t made to feel that they’re input is negative. 

Those who express these opinions are trying to effect change for the future.

if everyone just keeps saying OMG I love it and can’t wait to have it in hand, we are going to wind up with more plastic cats, puzzle pieces, paperweights and coins. 

EB49F751-E004-4FBB-AC85-1975AF3ED097.gif.a85271aba77cd5280adba6f86bf7d12b.gif

It Is Fo Sho GIF by chuber channel

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Billy Talent said:

Aquaman MAnta vs HDzeta's , HDZETA's is far superior its not even a competition.

Wonder Woman 1984 Manta vs WW1984 Hdzeta, again the latter wins it is much better in every way.

Manta's Zack Snyders Justic league vs Hdzeta's ZS justice league....AGAIN hdzeta wins, manta just added a motherbox but when it comes to the OC itself Hdzeta wins.

All of this is wrong, mantas editions of these are superior. 

the batman trilogy has been done by others and far better than anything Manta will produce.

Lmao no, blufans tdk is one of the worst premiums I own, truly abysmal art. Manta doesn't always make great stuff and they've been missing a lot more lately (blade runner, matrix 1 & 4, dune) but even on their worst days they could surpass blufans tdk

Their art is either limited or just horrible, while other labels are doing it much better.

I mean idk what you mean by other labels considering blufans and hdzeta are having a very hard time releasing anything at all. Have you seen all the recent blufans OABs? They're atrocious. Have you seen the art on the backs of the Batman begins slips? The tdk fullslip and sl? All bad. Hdzeta canning releases left and right, (where's their joker, bop, or dune?) and the ones they actually do are ones they've already done. Filmarena has seemingly abandoned all hopes for wea releases and is just spamming overpriced wwa lentis for movies no one cares about or have already been done

So yes, manta is the best retailer kind of by default. I do think they should take a step back from all these gimmicky trinkets (I mean an acrylic block? Come on.) 

4 hours ago, Basil said:

oh and gary john does not do the day to day running its collectong a friend of his, also you have limited artworks they CAN get approval for. and they can only sell on what CAN be agreed with the studio.

Manta really dropped off after collectong got involved to be honest. I remember when they didn't release shazam because they couldn't get the art they wanted

4 hours ago, Basil said:

so if you dont like dont buy it simples.

Well no it's not that simple, because as collectors we want to buy good editions of the movies we like. And since manta is basically the only retailer left actually doing something, it's frustrating when they're product is subpar or outright bad

I'm glad I don't care about the matrix but if I did I'd be pretty annoyed right now

2 hours ago, Basil said:

DONT JOIN A GB WITHOUT SEEING BEAUTYSHOTS END OF!!!

Doesn't really apply here, the beauty shots are the issue 

2 hours ago, Reagh said:

it feels like at times members are chastised for having a opinion

this happens far too often

2 hours ago, Reagh said:

Hey now, the cat was cool. As is the 2001 monolith. Everything else, no ty. What's not cool is the foam padding in the matrix box. If you can't fit your silly trinket in the OC box then what's the point. 

2 hours ago, Reagh said:

Oh I know this one, "others are available"

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

All of this is wrong, mantas editions of these are superior. 

Lmao no, blufans tdk is one of the worst premiums I own, truly abysmal art. Manta doesn't always make great stuff and they've been missing a lot more lately (blade runner, matrix 1 & 4, dune) but even on their worst days they could surpass blufans tdk

I mean idk what you mean by other labels considering blufans and hdzeta are having a very hard time releasing anything at all. Have you seen all the recent blufans OABs? They're atrocious. Have you seen the art on the backs of the Batman begins slips? The tdk fullslip and sl? All bad. Hdzeta canning releases left and right, (where's their joker, bop, or dune?) and the ones they actually do are ones they've already done. Filmarena has seemingly abandoned all hopes for wea releases and is just spamming overpriced wwa lentis for movies no one cares about or have already been done

So yes, manta is the best retailer kind of by default. I do think they should take a step back from all these gimmicky trinkets (I mean an acrylic block? Come on.) 

Manta really dropped off after collectong got involved to be honest. I remember when they didn't release shazam because they couldn't get the art they wanted

Well no it's not that simple, because as collectors we want to buy good editions of the movies we like. And since manta is basically the only retailer left actually doing something, it's frustrating when they're product is subpar or outright bad

I'm glad I don't care about the matrix but if I did I'd be pretty annoyed right now

Doesn't really apply here, the beauty shots are the issue 

this happens far too often

Hey now, the cat was cool. As is the 2001 monolith. Everything else, no ty. What's not cool is the foam padding in the matrix box. If you can't fit your silly trinket in the OC box then what's the point. 

Oh I know this one, "others are available"

I agree with everything you said when you agree with me, but I disagree with your disagreements with me.🙃

• Haha 11

35 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

If they wanted to be consistent with their trinkets, they could've had a glow-in-the-dark rabbit for this one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5