IGNORED

Manta Lab The Dark Knight Rises (Manta Lab Exclusive #??) (WEA 4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

ShadowWarrior

• R1s1ngs0n changed the title to The Dark Knight Rises (Manta Lab Exclusive #??) (WEA 4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]
50 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

And here it is... the best steelbooks this trilogy and its fans have been waiting for. And it only took about 26 different releases to get to this moment.

Nope, it's still a combo with 1 Batman and 2 villains. I know, I know available art and whatnot. At this point we're not gonna get real combo either. But still... it's just weird really.

• Like 1

Awards

26 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

Nope, it's still a combo with 1 Batman and 2 villains. I know, I know available art and whatnot. At this point we're not gonna get real combo either. But still... it's just weird really.

What do you call a real combo?

Artworks don't have to be overly complicated to be effective. Here we have matching, iconic images for each movie's central (or if you prefer, most memorable) character.

And with Manta's immaculate finishing, these will indeed be the Batlan (that's what I call the Nolan films) steels to beat.

• Like 8

26 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

5 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

What do you call a real combo?

Artworks don't have to be overly complicated to work. Here we have matching, iconic images for each movie's central (or if you prefer, most memorable) character.

And with Manta's immaculate finishing, these will indeed be the Batlan (that's what I call the Nolan films) steels to beat.

You’re both right, @tr0llhatt I can see how you would prefer each steelbook to highlight every major villain from each movie so in theory it would be nice to see Scarecrow on the front of the Batman Begins steel. If I had control over the designs it’s definitely the direction I would have went in ( of course if such an idea could actually be approved ).

With that said @R1s1ngs0n also makes a great point because while I’ll love a complete set that showcases each villain these beauty shots actually work perfect with which character was center stage of each movie. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, FlanInTheFace said:

I’d have done Batman on each front cover and a villain on each back

Yes, that or go all out Batman OR villains to be honest. It won't matter so much (at all) in-hand, but lined up like that it just seems weird with protagonist and antagonists mixed.
So in answer to your question @R1s1ngs0n a real combo would be either full Batman fronts or full villain fronts. Could even have the main vehicle for each installment on the front! Though that's just me, as long as they pick a theme and stay with it for any series... then we're all good and everything else is being a little nitpicky :)

Edited by tr0llhatt
  • Like 4

Awards

2 minutes ago, antiapathetic said:

I dont unserstand why Scarecrow always seems to be left out of the artwork while Joker and Bane get featured for their films.

amitabh bachchan scarecrow GIF

Scarecrow and Ras Al Ghul. Both totally left out. They can do some pretty neat artwork with the both of them. I feel like Ras gets the biggest boot. 

• Like 5

Awards

2 hours ago, damships said:

I know people probably don’t want her on the art, but I’d love Anne Hathaway on some artwork in some capacity. Loved her Catwoman.

So Rachel for the BB cover, Selina for TDK and Miranda for TDKR?
I dunno, seems a bit... well, horny 🤣 really to me, none of them are particularly big characters in the movies after all. Those spots are taken by Bruce and the villains.

• Like 1

Awards

2 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

So Rachel for the BB cover, Selina for TDK and Miranda for TDKR?
I dunno, seems a bit... well, horny 🤣 really to me, none of them are particularly big characters in the movies after all. Those spots are taken by Bruce and the villains.

Lmaooo. Well, I didn’t really mean all the fem fatales on the covers 😂 I just want Hathaway on Rises. Maybe on the back or something 

• Like 3

Awards

3 hours ago, antiapathetic said:

I dont unserstand why Scarecrow always seems to be left out of the artwork while Joker and Bane get featured for their films.

amitabh bachchan scarecrow GIF

The ‘problem’ with Batman Begins is that both Scarecrow and Ra’s were given about equal importance as villains - neither of them overshadowed the other, much less Batman himself (that’s how I see it anyway), whereas both Joker and Bane were their respective films’ main attractions.
It’s Bale, Ledger and Hardy’s star power at the moment of casting and the huge hype that followed it that helped sell these movies so it’s seems logical they would be the focus of all related merchandise.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

The ‘problem’ with Batman Begins is that both Scarecrow and Ra’s were given about equal importance as villains - neither of them overshadowed the other, much less Batman himself (that’s how I see it anyway), whereas both Joker and Bane were their respective films’ main attractions.
It’s Bale, Ledger and Hardy’s star power at the moment of casting and the huge hype that followed it that helped sell these movies so it’s seems logical they would be the focus of all related merchandise.

I agree with that. I guess it’s more so if just having so many TDK releases within the same time frame that you get burnt out on seeing the same art. If the releases were spaced out more I probably wouldn’t notice lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Awards

Someone should do an all Rachel Dawes covers. Katie for BB, Maggie for TDK, and...uh...I guess just a blank cover for Rises.

For real though, she's arguably the 2nd most important character of the whole trilogy and she doesn't get much love. I mean, she punched the Joker while he had a knife on her. And she was an assitant DA in freaking Gotham. What a badass.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dkd13 said:

Someone should do an all Rachel Dawes covers. Katie for BB, Maggie for TDK, and...uh...I guess just a blank cover for Rises.

For real though, she's arguably the 2nd most important character of the whole trilogy and she doesn't get much love. I mean, she punched the Joker while he had a knife on her. And she was an assitant DA in freaking Gotham. What a badass.

The third would be Selina or Miranda! Lol Miranda has completely been shunned 😂 

• Like 1

Awards

6 minutes ago, dkd13 said:

Lots of interesting ideas here, however there is only one worthy candidate for TDKR lenti...

dvS.gif

• Haha 8