IGNORED

Response to Membership Tier

7 minutes ago, Konan said:

well, i think that indeed most of the people who acquire tier do so to get more chances in the GB's.

It would be naïve to think otherwise.

I agree with everything you say !

the one thing that bothers me is that the way to get tier for regular members is not linked to the support or participation in the community. The guy who just happen to be at the right moment at the right place is getting it. 

Yes, this is what happens in life in general (TIMING), be it fortunate or unfortunate C’est la vie!

c'est la vie

Edited by Veum

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Konan said:

the one thing that bothers me is that the way to get tier for regular members is not linked to the support or participation in the community. The guy who just happen to be at the right moment at the right place is getting it. 

I (as well as others) happen to share the same sentiment and it is something that is also being discussed within the team.

I can promise you we are considering many options but as we said, even a perfectly valid reasoning just like the one you brought up may be difficult to implement.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Konan said:

well, i think that indeed most of the people who acquire tier do so to get more chances in the GB's.

It would be naïve to think otherwise.

I agree with everything you say !

Ok this part I can kind of agree with.  Could end up with a day old member with 0 posts grabbing a platinum if any happen to drop down to regular members.

As mentioned by @R1s1ngs0n, it’s likely hard to remedy.  I suppose some kind of account age / post requirement for the jump from regular to tiered.

it would promote more talking but also promote a ton of spam which isn’t particularly helpful.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

People have had their say. Their opinions are perfectly valid. 
Can we just calm down now please and cut the chatter back again. 

🎵 “You can’t please everyone, so you gotta please yourself” 🎵

dave you do realise that sounds like an arrestable offence right there xD 

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

basil xD 

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, bungral said:

suppose some kind of account age / post requirement for the jump from regular to tiered.

That's actually a very good idea, incentivising participation in that way is a great way to filter out people who are only here to get the hard to get releases.

Also, the last time I checked which was some years ago. The main idea behind the memberships was to support  the forum and its operation. I am happy to support this site because I really love it here, I do not have any other social media participations because I can not stand it. This site however, is a great place to be so I am glad to support it and everything that comes with the membership is an added bonus.

I understand that other people have different approaches and ai respect that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mjk said:

That's actually a very good idea, incentivising participation in that way is a great way to filter out people who are only here to get the hard to get releases.

Also, the last time I checked which was some years ago. The main idea behind the memberships was to support  the forum and its operation. I am happy to support this site because I really love it here, I do not have any other social media participations because I can not stand it. This site however, is a great place to be so I am glad to support it and everything that comes with the membership is an added bonus.

I understand that other people have different approaches and ai respect that.

baby hat GIF

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

At the end of day, we will do what we think is best for our members and MP. Getting stressed in advance over what may or may not be done isn't beneficial to anyone.

god , dont you just got to love this guy ? 😜

I guess we will  never be able to please you @Konan or others because you and others are always stating and only thinking about "what can I get ".  As its already been said the tiered membership is there to show support for the Forum, help with the costs,  and other things that go on behind the scene.  Why should we NOT show our appreciation to those who financially support the froum in this "out of the ordinary" method ?   

We are always trying to think of new methods of handling the tiered memberships,  this time the whole outline revolves around all the ideas , suggestions of all the Admins , not just those of mine.  So that alone should bring more diversity with it.  The membership cycles in the past have showed us many negatives/positives and the positives have been incorporated from the Admins .

Nuff said 

Take care

• Like 15
  • Thanks 11

vor 11 Minuten schrieb Masterblaster:

Thats not going to happen.

Why this is right?
No... NOT because the boss said so... 😎

But because the tiered member principle comes closest to the idea of a community.
Even if the hope of the greater probability plays no small role in the acquisition of a tiered status - if there were only the method: the fastest win, it would not be a community, but a mere war zone.
In addition: If the suggestion would become generally accepted to pay only a surcharge for the participation in a group purchase, this would mean: One supports only what one wants to receive for oneself.

The tiered membership principle, on the other hand, means: Everyone supports more than just their own interests.

And not to forget - we just sit back and let the Staff hijack the treasures we want - this possibility should be worth at least a small contribution to us.

And even though the chances to get each of the desired editions have become smaller due to today's development even for Tiered Members - remind the saying:

It is the good will that should be rewarded and not the result alone...

This brings us back to the beginning: What is a community - the best thing about a community is that you pat the other person on the back for trying, not for succeeding.

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

god , dont you just got to love this guy ? 😜

I guess we will  never be able to please you @Konan or others because you and others are always stating and only thinking about "what can I get ".  As its already been said the tiered membership is there to show support for the Forum, help with the costs,  and other things that go on behind the scene.  Why should we NOT show our appreciation to those who financially support the froum in this "out of the ordinary" method ?   

We are always trying to think of new methods of handling the tiered memberships,  this time the whole outline revolves around all the ideas , suggestions of all the Admins , not just those of mine.  So that alone should bring more diversity with it.  The membership cycles in the past have showed us many negatives/positives and these have been incorporated from the Admins .

Nuff said 

Take care

Maybe that the idea behind the tier membership is to support the site, maybe you think that it is the purpose of the tier. But thinking that the majority of the members are interrested in supporting the site would just be hypocrite. 

When i read your message it is like i am the kind of guy who only think about his own interrest among a majority of selfless sponsors. I do come here and participate cause i really like the friendly atmosphear.

And to participate in great GB's. Of course it is normal to show appreciation to the people who "support" the site. The issue is that being part of this is not a choice but a matter of luck. So if i am selfish because i regret appreciation is shown to people who where lucky to be randomly selected. So be it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Interesting reading the discussions about this, lots of good points raised. Eagerly anticipating hearing how the next round is going to work! 🙂

I'm just really happy that the premium membership means there are no ads on MP. I usually browse on mobile and it's so nice not having ads taking up a third of my screen 😍

• Like 6

Awards

54 minutes ago, Konan said:

Maybe that the idea behind the tier membership is to support the site, maybe you think that it is the purpose of the tier. But thinking that the majority of the members are interrested in supporting the site would just be hypocrite. 

When i read your message it is like i am the kind of guy who only think about his own interrest among a majority of selfless sponsors. I do come here and participate cause i really like the friendly atmosphear.

And to participate in great GB's. Of course it is normal to show appreciation to the people who "support" the site. The issue is that being part of this is not a choice but a matter of luck. So if i am selfish because i regret appreciation is shown to people who where lucky to be randomly selected. So be it.

Bro @Masterblaster runs the site. Literally who you're replying to. lmao

• Like 1

As someone who participates in GBs not on MP (don't worry, I'm not requesting multiple copies across multiple GBs), I come to MP for the community and the exclusive releases. I'm Gold and I missed out on one release in 2021 because of tier priority. Although I know that may be less than what others are experiencing, I think the value of an MP membership is more than worth a purchase just for the exclusives alone. Hope to snag Platinum when available. Cheers to the entire MP staff for a great first membership cycle.

• Like 7

Awards

22 minutes ago, ScottVA said:

Bro @Masterblaster runs the site. Literally who you're replying to. lmao

@ScottVA what makes you think i dont know who it is ?

After 2 years here i know who runs the site.

Shall i not express my point of view in a respectful way because i am talking to the big boss ?

Dont know about you but i am not that kind of guy.

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, Basil said:

dave you do realise that sounds like an arrestable offence right there xD 

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

basil xD 

That would be my other favourite song from years ago. 
🎵 “I’m a wan..r, I’m a wan..r, and it does me good like it bloody well should..” 🎵

:D

• Haha 7