IGNORED

Response to Membership Tier

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll echo everyone else... 2 copies minimum is only fair. I know some collectors like to keep one sealed and the other open. As for the traditional tiered renewal process, it's perfectly fine. If an enforcement is needed, maybe this cycle, there should be a minimum GB participation for tiered members? Like 5 GB mininum?  Not every GB is a homerun to some.. hell, I've passed on a couple I wasn't bought on. Just my two cents.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, chingie123 said:

1 or 2 its ok, but 4, 5 or 6 are to much, thats not a collector, thats a Business. I think if its so, thats not fair. Sorry, thats my opinion

8 minutes ago, Squeegie McGee said:

I'll echo everyone else... 2 copies minimum is only fair. I know some collectors like to keep one sealed and the other open. As for the traditional tiered renewal process, it's perfectly fine. If an enforcement is needed, maybe this cycle, there should be a minimum GB participation for tiered members? Like 5 GB mininum?  Not every GB is a homerun to some.. hell, I've passed on a couple I wasn't bought on. Just my two cents.

Nobody is getting 5x or 6x of anything, at least not on MP. I can't remember the last time I saw a request that high. If we have a hot title with many requests we cut down to 1x per member as needed. We can't police other forums.

On the other hand, if we have a less popular GB where we have don't have enough requests to fill our allocation, why wouldn't we allow multiples and try to support the retailer as much as we can?

• Like 16

14 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Nobody is getting 5x or 6x of anything, at least not on MP. I can't remember the last time I saw a request that high. If we have a hot title with many requests we cut down to 1x per member as needed. We can't police other forums.

On the other hand, if we have a less popular GB where we have don't have enough requests to fill our allocation, why wouldn't we allow multiples and try to support the retailer as much as we can?

Fair point, there are exceptions to the rule which I can understand. In all, you guys always do a phenomenal job organizing these!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

Absolutely… IF allocation allows, members can get all copies they want. Again, IF allocation amount allows. 😉😉

• Like 4

7 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Agree with you on everything word for word 👍

And to address what @Whodini posted earlier regarding how tiered membership allocation should prioritize those who participate in many GBs - I would much rather have a Platinum given to someone who rarely participates in GBs but when he does, it matters since these highly coveted editions are for his collection, rather than someone who uses MP to get every release, only to sell them later on eBay for a huge profit. This isn't to say all members who participate in many GBs follow this practice... but you get the picture.

It's the same old story, unfortunately there will always be people who will end up disappointed no matter what course of action is taken. 

Just remember there are far worse things in life than missing out on a GB or Platinum membership.

giphy.gif?cid=e1bb72ff5bc2db9f4659566f4d

Just so we're clear, I am not an eBay scalper. I participate in many GBs and when I buy multiple copies I do so to open one and leave one sealed.

• Like 4

Awards

il y a 11 minutes, Whodini a dit :

Just so we're clear, I am not an eBay scalper. I participate in many GBs and when I buy multiple copies I do so to open one and leave one sealed.

I didn't imply you were one and there is no need for self justification. How one chooses to use this privilege is their business (pun intended 😉).

I was only making a point as to why your reasoning might not sit well with people (myself included) who might want certain coveted editions as much as anybody else, despite not participating in a lot of GBs.

Like @Pbsw23, I'm a long time Goldie. It suits my modest collecting habits, plus it frees up a spot for 'hardcore' GBers. But mostly it's to support MP. 

My membership hardly ever comes in handy when I sign up for GBs as these are very few and far between. But I was sure happy when it helped me secure a Blade Runner DL from Manta last year.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, deckard99 said:

100% agree with this

• Like 3

Awards

7 hours ago, delzeisa said:

There seems to be a lot of activity going on here. I'm kind of afraid to miss an important announcement regarding the timing while scrolling through the many incoming posts. 

It's happening 

warning star trek GIF by Anthony Antonellis

Spoiler

April Fools GIF by Paramount Pictures

sh1t it ain't April yet oh well xD

Deckard said not likely till end of month if you read thread properly 

Basil :D

Edited by Basil
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8