IGNORED

Response to Membership Tier

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question. I was one of the lucky few regulars to have secured a copy of the Dark Knight UHDClub, but with the membership tiers coming up soon, is my spot on the line ? If for example some gold spots opens up and Im not able to grab one, and someone below me on the list manages to get one, will he bumped me out of the gb, even if I was confirmed to have one ? I think it was answered earlier, but I cant find the answer back.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CGMan said:

Quick question. I was one of the lucky few regulars to have secured a copy of the Dark Knight UHDClub, but with the membership tiers coming up soon, is my spot on the line ? If for example some gold spots opens up and Im not able to grab one, and someone below me on the list manages to get one, will he bumped me out of the gb, even if I was confirmed to have one ? I think it was answered earlier, but I cant find the answer back.

That GB is closed. I wouldn't think upcoming tier membership would alter positions on that list.

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Basil said:

@Masterblaster

John would it not be worth locking this topic until something is ready to be announced rather than everyone coming on has it happened yet?

For all we know this could be another couple of weeks yet and everyone just wait that email or announcement and the sun may shine again.:D

Basil 

Not really cause it causes activity and i love to hear members complain about getting unwanted messages in the inbox.. 

"How do i know which ones are important for me ? "

Remedy : just ignore all and stay in the dark !

Guys we are working on something and soon it will be revealed.. I can tell you now though the process for the Tiered Membership will change and YES the price will too. 

You will have to stay alert , i would say over the weekend , if i had to suggest a time frame...  but thats just a suggestion.

TC

• Like 11
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

Not really cause it causes activity and i love to hear members complain about getting unwanted messages in the inbox.. 

Guys we are working on something and soon it will be revealed.. I can tell you now though the process for the Tiered Membership will change and YES the price will too. 

You will have to stay alert , i would say over the weekend , if i had to suggest a time frame...  but thats just a suggestion.

TC

Sounds exciting!

No doubt we shall all keep our eyes out!

George Clooney Reaction GIF

• Haha 4

Awards

30 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

sponge bob day GIF

Patiently waiting to see if my delicious platinum remains mine or is cruelly ripped away...

31 minutes ago, Masterblaster said:

TC

Have I been promoted John to DIAMOND 💎 TIER yet? 🧐 😂 

Snow White Vintage GIF

200.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Gerade eben schrieb InfiniteDoors:

sponge bob day GIF

Patiently waiting to see if my delicious platinum remains mine or is cruelly ripped away...

You should be able to renew in time. Every tiered member have to chance first to renew they membership. Then gold will have the chance if there will be some open spots for platinum or renew they gold membership. Then regular will

have the chance to buy open spots

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

vor 36 Minuten schrieb Masterblaster:

TC

Happy Birthday Reaction GIF by Kamie Crawford

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, swish said:

You should be able to renew in time. Every tiered member have to chance first to renew they membership. Then gold will have the chance if there will be some open spots for platinum or renew they gold membership. Then regular will

have the chance to buy open spots

I'm aware of the normal process, I actually got platinum as a mere regular member in April. But the mention of the process changing makes me a little nervous. Thank you though!

• Like 4

Il y a 6 heures, InfiniteDoors a dit :

Je suis au courant du processus normal, j'ai en fait obtenu le platine en tant que simple membre régulier en avril. Mais la mention du changement de processus me rend un peu nerveux. Merci quand même!

me too... :) 
The first time I wanted to become a platinum, I couldn't, but I still thought it was a great idea for members to have time to renew their membership BEFORE others regular members. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't change.

Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

• Like 3

Awards

3 minutes ago, Daft said:

me too... :) 
The first time I wanted to become a platinum, I couldn't, but I still thought it was a great idea for members to have time to renew their membership BEFORE others regular members. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't change.

Stephen Colbert Good Luck GIF

Actually the whole system is problematic...

The more GB's where you can't get what you want, the more you look for a tier solution to your problem. The more tier there is, the less you got chances getting what you want even if you are a tier...

It is the snake biting his tail

The first come, first serve would be the only fair system, but that would make the tier instantly useless.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Konan said:

Actually the whole system is problematic...

The more GB's where you can't get what you want, the more you look for a tier solution to your problem. The more tier there is, the less you got chances getting what you want even if you are a tier...

It is the snake biting his tail

The first come, first serve would be the only fair system, but that would make the tier instantly useless.

This is my conundrum.

For instance with ZSJL where only 61 or so OC allocations were put in place - the majority of them allocated were tiers. With more people wanting to become tiered and less allocations the system of first come first serve will tide over into the tiered systems surely, so paying for the tier won't even guarantee a spot anymore if more and more allocations are being reduced, unless of course tier positions are limited. 

I guess, also, that being tiered does increase better chances regardless of  fewer allocations and more tiered members, still better than duking it out with the hundreds or muggles like myself.

• Like 1

Awards

6 hours ago, Daft said:

or else...

a TIER membership per retailer ?????

Oh, boy...

All we need is money for next week :/

one problem with that, let give you rough example think if memory serves there was a manta release and i say think was 16 editions like on a dl.

and 170 platinum members and that problem will only get worse.

and if you had per retailer what would guarantee you a copy?

unless they would only sell a small amount of that retailer on each bit.

no as they say its become a whole bunch of snakes, problem is this everyone say openly "i want the highest tier thats possible" in essence i pay what ever you ask to try to beat everyone else.

the real problem is there becomes a tipping point of balance between membership and what is available in an ever reducing supply on certain retailers.

you will never please everyone truly, the only real hope of keeping it on an even keel with supply and demand.

the way forward is to limit the membership to set numbers in the grand remake and put the prices up accordingly to make sure revenue is covered that john needs to run mp.

otherwise the great curry house in the sky will leave you 1 poppadom not the full sit down meal everyone thinks they are after.

i get not everyone jumps on all gbs but likes of manta this year alot have been getting on that one, weet has become massive, slowly people end up shifting to wow thats amazing but numbers usually decrease as all forums and there own websites increase in traffic.

collectong is actively pushing its own website over all the forums this year i have seen numbers dropping like stones on one site they are down like never before.

if retailer makes that sort of decision there is nothing anyone can do to turn that around.

FA did that exact same thing years ago now look how little numbers are available on the forums now.

even poor old nils has had to wince a few times sorting the FA gbs out this year.

its a shame as alot of these retailers started out in the forums and wanted our backing and help to start and grow and then they turn there back on them slowly.

it be interesting to see what the new remake comes up with also the size of the membership to make sure its not oversized for the feast or happy meal available at the time xD 

Feast GIF | Gfycat

or 

tumblr_o3qmu29kBj1tooympo1_500.gifv

basil xD 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, swish said:

Even for tier member it's the same, yes your chance are higher against regular but there are other tier that would like the same edition so you have still to be fast to get your position

that's why i say, no tier, first come first serve... Everybody get the same chances.

• Haha 1