IGNORED

Response to Membership Tier

8 minutes ago, Konan said:

that's why i say, no tier, first come first serve... Everybody get the same chances.

Tier Membership actually helps to fund the running of the site … that’s why we have it … no tiers no site ..more tears…  it doesn’t run itself unless you wish to donate the said funds … if you notice we dont have those annoying adverts you get on other sites… say no more …

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

Tier Membership actually helps to fund the running of the site … that’s why we have it … no tiers no site ..more tears…  it doesn’t run itself unless you wish to donate the said funds … if you notice we dont have those annoying adverts you get on other sites… say no more …

If instead of the tier membership  the price of the GB costs participation would increase to make as much money as the tier brings in i would be OK to pay that extra amount.

That might even brings more money to run the site than the actual system.

I personally see nothing annoying about the adverts, actually it is so standard to see them everywhere that i don't even notice them anymore.

• Haha 1

vor 25 Minuten schrieb Konan:

If instead of the tier membership  the price of the GB costs participation would increase to make as much money as the tier brings in i would be OK to pay that extra amount.

I personally see nothing annoying about the adverts, actually it is so standard to see them everywhere that i don't even notice them anymore.

There will be soon news about the membership. So if you will help @Masterblaster and mp you can buy a membership and show your support

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Konan said:

So your saying pay to.join each and every groupbuy over and above the costs else where or pay to actually to put a request in?

I would like your clarity on it all.

Because I dont see your maths adding up here tbh.

Basil 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Basil said:

So your saying pay to.join each and every groupbuy over and above the costs else where or pay to actually to put a request in?

I would like your clarity on it all.

Because I dont see your maths adding up here tbh.

Basil 👍

I was thinking of paying more for the GB costs when you end up in the final list and are actually getting it, not when participating.

i wouldn't mind paying an extra 5 or 10$ for the items i buy using the GB system.

You will then end up paying for something you want instead of paying for a membership only.

considering how many GB there is i wonder how much money this would bring compared to the tier system. I dont know how many tier there is so difficult to do the math...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Konan said:

I was thinking of paying more for the GB costs when you end up in the final list and are actually getting it, not when participating.

i wouldn't mind paying an extra 5 or 10$ for the items i buy using the GB system.

You will then end up paying for something you want instead of paying for a membership only.

considering how many GB there is i wonder how much money this would bring compared to the tier system. I dont know how many tier there is so difficult to do the math...

Well not alot last manta had 16 dl so that's 160 if 10 per edition of that 

Sorry dont think you thought that out at all.

Personally happy with what we have and it generally works.

Basil 👍

• Like 2

1 minute ago, swish said:

There will be still the fight for the spot in the gb even for the tier members

Yeah, well this is actually the biggest flaw in the current system, you pay for a tier, and still you are not guaranteed to get your spot.

If i where a sales person and i was in charge of selling this product that would not be easy 😄

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Basil said:

Well not alot last manta had 16 dl so that's 160 if 10 per edition of that 

Sorry dont think you thought that out at all.

Personally happy with what we have and it generally works.

Basil 👍

sorry, don't get your answer, you give an example of 1 GB with small allocation, but there is many GB's, and allocation differ a lot.

Actually there (seem) easy way to calculate this, but please correct me if i am wrong

how much does the sum of all tiers brings to the site per year  VS 10$ for every copy sold using GB  last year.

Correct ?

• Like 1

vor 5 Minuten schrieb Konan:

Yeah, well this is actually the biggest flaw in the current system, you pay for a tier, and still you are not guaranteed to get your spot.

If i where a sales person and i was in charge of selling this product that would not be easy 😄

Tiered do be don't say that you get everthing in every gb. It's more to support mp with they cost. Yes you have priority but what can mp do when tbe retailer give you only 30 edition of 500?? We are here more then 5000 members so they will a lot going out with nothing

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Basil said:

one problem with that, let give you rough example think if memory serves there was a manta release and i say think was 16 editions like on a dl.

and 170 platinum members and that problem will only get worse.

and if you had per retailer what would guarantee you a copy?

unless they would only sell a small amount of that retailer on each bit.

no as they say its become a whole bunch of snakes, problem is this everyone say openly "i want the highest tier thats possible" in essence i pay what ever you ask to try to beat everyone else.

the real problem is there becomes a tipping point of balance between membership and what is available in an ever reducing supply on certain retailers.

you will never please everyone truly, the only real hope of keeping it on an even keel with supply and demand.

the way forward is to limit the membership to set numbers in the grand remake and put the prices up accordingly to make sure revenue is covered that john needs to run mp.

otherwise the great curry house in the sky will leave you 1 poppadom not the full sit down meal everyone thinks they are after.

i get not everyone jumps on all gbs but likes of manta this year alot have been getting on that one, weet has become massive, slowly people end up shifting to wow thats amazing but numbers usually decrease as all forums and there own websites increase in traffic.

collectong is actively pushing its own website over all the forums this year i have seen numbers dropping like stones on one site they are down like never before.

if retailer makes that sort of decision there is nothing anyone can do to turn that around.

FA did that exact same thing years ago now look how little numbers are available on the forums now.

even poor old nils has had to wince a few times sorting the FA gbs out this year.

its a shame as alot of these retailers started out in the forums and wanted our backing and help to start and grow and then they turn there back on them slowly.

it be interesting to see what the new remake comes up with also the size of the membership to make sure its not oversized for the feast or happy meal available at the time xD 

Feast GIF | Gfycat

or 

tumblr_o3qmu29kBj1tooympo1_500.gifv

basil xD 

delete this

• Like 1

Plain and simple. Whether or not you are tiered, there are no guarantees of securing a copy given if the retailer does not fulfill what we need. It will still be a bloodbath regardless. Hell, certain FAC GBs, not everyone was able to get a copy because of limited allocations. I missed out on some even though I am a tiered member because there simply wasn't enough copies. That's just the nature of the beast. I can name several. Not everyone in this forum are going to be catered to whichever way this next system will be. What I don't agree with what some people are stating, " I am entitled to get a membership therefore gimme gimme. " That's not how the world operates. 

• Like 7

• ★ Administrators ★

A few comments:

1.  As others have said we need tiers to pay for costs and support the site. Voluntary and other methods have not worked in the past.  
  2. If you look at the entire membership period, I'd say that platinum and gold did very very well, maybe not 100% of everything but in many cases getting releases they otherwise would not have been able to (and saving a ton of money vs. buying on the secondary market)
  3. Pure "first come first serve" has many drawbacks. Then every GB becomes a race to see who can F5 the fastest. What about people at work? What about members with slower internet connections? What about time zones? Feel like getting up at 3am for GBs? Should a loyal long-time member who supports the forum really miss out because a member who joined MP yesterday got the last copy?
  4. No system is perfect. There will always be pros and cons. The staff here always try to balance all the issues and come up with the best decisions for the community. Each person is free to make their own choices about what to buy and where to buy. 
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 12

2 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

A few comments:

1.  As others have said we need tiers to pay for costs and support the site. Voluntary and other methods have not worked in the past.  
  2. If you look at the entire membership period, I'd say that platinum and gold did very very well, maybe not 100% of everything but in many cases getting releases they otherwise would not have been able to (and saving a ton of money vs. buying on the secondary market)
  3. Pure "first come first serve" has many drawbacks. Then every GB becomes a race to see who can F5 the fastest. What about people at work? What about members with slower internet connections? What about time zones? Feel like getting up at 3am for GBs? Should a loyal long-time member who supports the forum really miss out because a member who joined MP yesterday got the last copy?
  4. No system is perfect. There will always be pros and cons. The staff here always try to balance all the issues and come up with the best decisions for the community. Each person is free to make their own choices about what to buy and where to buy. 

You know I couldn’t have said it any better…

Batman Clap GIF

• Like 7

@deckard99

Pure "first come first serve" has many drawbacks. Then every GB becomes a race to see who can F5 the fastest. What about people at work? What about members with slower internet connections? What about time zones? Feel like getting up at 3am for GBs? Should a loyal long-time member who supports the forum really miss out because a member who joined MP yesterday got the last copy?

Yet, this is exactly how the membership tier are offered to new members....  so how faire is it to offer tier as a race since GB as race is not ?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Konan said:

@deckard99

Pure "first come first serve" has many drawbacks. Then every GB becomes a race to see who can F5 the fastest. What about people at work? What about members with slower internet connections? What about time zones? Feel like getting up at 3am for GBs? Should a loyal long-time member who supports the forum really miss out because a member who joined MP yesterday got the last copy?

Yet, this is exactly how the membership tier are offered to new members....  so how faire is it to offer tier as a race since GB as race is not ?

So you’d like some sub tiers set up and sold to members without tiers so they can have a priority order when they want to buy the main tiers.  Obviously these sub tiers couldn’t be fastest finger first so maybe some sub sub tiers….

Dr Dubrow GIF by E!

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Konan said:

I think that's where the problem stems from... a lot of people think of MP as a store... which it isn't.

MP is a forum which offers its members the possibility to acquire Premium edition and exclusives. 'Offers the possibility' means it is never guaranteed, even with a Premium membership, which still gives members who have it quite a big advantage over those without one.

If you take the travel and tourism industry, it basically operates under the same principle: Platinum/Loyalty members who pay annual membership fees or spend a lot of money on hotel rooms and flight tickets expect to have benefits such as free upgrade to business/first class seat or deluxe room, late check-out, etc. - but it is almost always 'upon availability' - no guarantees.

As stated before, these memberships allow MP to exist and I, for one, appreciate the fact I don't have to see annoying adverts pop at every corner of the screen.

As long as demand for Premiums is high and the number of members keep increasing, the ratio number of participants/satisfied members will naturally drop.

At the end of day, we will do what we think is best for our members and MP. Getting stressed in advance over what may or may not be done isn't beneficial to anyone.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, bungral said:

So you’d like some sub tiers set up and sold to members without tiers so they can have a priority order when they want to buy the main tiers.  Obviously these sub tiers couldn’t be fastest finger first so maybe some sub sub tiers….

Dr Dubrow GIF by E!

i am just saying that if the first come first served is not fair, why are the tier for regular members are made available that way...

Or did miss how regular member could get tier ?

1 minute ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

I think that's where the problem stems from... a lot of people think of MP as a store... which it isn't.

MP is a forum which offers its members the possibility to acquire Premium edition and exclusives. 'Offers the possibility' means it is never guaranteed, even with a Premium membership, which still gives members who have it quite a big advantage over those without one.

If you take the travel and tourism industry, it basically operates on the same principle: Platinum/Loyalty members who pay annual membership fees or spend a lot of money on hotel rooms and flight tickets expect to have benefits such as free upgrade to business/first class seat or deluxe room, late check-out, etc. - but it is almost always 'upon availability' - no guarantees.

As stated before, these memberships allow MP to exist and I, for one, appreciate the fact I don't have to see annoying adverts pop at every corner of the screen.

As long as demand for Premiums are high and the number of members keep increasing, the ratio number of participants/satisfied members will naturally drop.

At the end of day, we will do what we think is best for our members and MP. Getting stressed in advance over what may or may not be done isn't beneficial to anyone.

well, i think that indeed most of the people who acquire tier do so to get more chances in the GB's.

It would be naïve to think otherwise.

I agree with everything you say !

the one thing that bothers me is that the way to get tier for regular members is not linked to the support or participation in the community. The guy who just happen to be at the right moment at the right place is getting it. 

• Like 4