What did you watch last night???

Basil

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/4/2020 at 6:08 PM, Scary Hair said:

Part 3 the final one  last night UNFORTUNATELY  .

NEVER EVER did i think  that anyone would ever top Frank Langella as Dracula  . 

He just nailed the tall dark handsome  simmering  thing that gets in your head from the book .

OMG 

Claes Bang has Just taken joint 1st . Nope I  had no idea this talent existed ohh boy we do now . The whole thing I thought excellent. 

Even though the last episode is being criticized by some , not me .

I am however gagging for  MORE 

200w_d.gif

Started the first episode with my wife the other night but as she was tired didn’t finish it (didn’t realize each part was a feature length).

Quite enjoyable so far and the actor playing Dracula immediately made me think of James Mason, both physically and especially his voice and intonation. 
To be continued...

• Like 3

Just watched ep.1 Dracula on Netflix this night. Thanks for the recommendation @Scary Hair.

Last night I finished the last episode of season 1 Netflix the witcher.  Having played the game I think they did a good all around job. Solid acting, good production in terms of effects, and the plots stayed interesting so far.

If you like the fantasy genre or enjoyed the game check it out.

Edited by Mdk14092
  • Like 1

Just finished watching tonight Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ... WOW what was that!😜

In ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD, it's 1969, and hard-drinking, fading cowboy/action star Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio) struggles with his career, trying to decide whether to continue playing bad guys in TV pilots or go to Italy to make Spaghetti Westerns.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Veum said:

Just finished watching tonight Once Upon A Time In Hollywood ... WOW what was that!😜

In ONCE UPON A TIME IN HOLLYWOOD, it's 1969, and hard-drinking, fading cowboy/action star Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio) struggles with his career, trying to decide whether to continue playing bad guys in TV pilots or go to Italy to make Spaghetti Westerns.

@Veum havent seen this yet so will be a blind buy for me but as is tarantino it will be good without a doubt, and i have a very super special version of this coming much later in the year. when it sorted ill show you :D

basil 👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Veum said:

Tarantino is the man !!!! 

Great performances from leo and Brad too. 

Edited by Robertm89

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy - BBC original mini-series starring Sir Alec Guinness

I love the 2011 movie adaptation starring Gary Oldman as spymaster George Smiley. But after reading pretty much everywhere that it doesn’t hold a candle to the original series, it seemed unfathomable to me not to watch what is considered one of the pinnacles of TV drama.

Luckily, someone was kind enough to upload the 6 episodes on YouTube (apparently it’s the edited American version rather than the original British version which has 7 episodes - better than nothing I guess).

It’s a complete masterpiece and deserves every accolade bestowed upon it. A bit unfair to compare it to the 2011 adaptation as the movie had to condense much of the story into a two hour format (and succeeded admirably IMO).

The performances are top notch as to be expected from Britain’s finest and many characters are indeed more fleshed out due to the extended format.

Guinness´ performance is truly one for the ages but I like Oldman’s interpretation just as much - both bring something unique to the role.

Also, the opening theme/intro has already become one of my all time favorites - just perfect.

It truly is the greatest spy tale ever told and it remains engrossing from start to finish, no matter how many times you watch it and despite the fact you already know who the ‘traitor’ is - a testament to the brilliance of all involved in making this masterpiece.

Currently watching the sequel ‘Smiley’s People’ (on YouTube as well).

• Like 3

🥤Just watched today a movie called War (2019) 🎞️ and knew nothing about it, it was fantastic to me!😊

It had a combo of let’s say Jason Bourne/Bond/a B Lee flick/C. Norris etc. as it was an India action/thriller with some really could effects, + some nice locals and beautiful scenery!🗻

The 2 lead actors Hrithik Roshan and Tiger Shroff were very impressive w/ their physique ladies 💪 and a beautiful lady (Vaani Kapoor)😘, also !

An elite shadow unit of R&AW led by agent (Hrithik Roshan) focuses on maximum risk missions. Khalid (Tiger Shroff), a soldier with a murky past, struggles to get into Kabir’s team and finally manages to convince him of his dedication & loyalty. Now, when Kabir mysteriously goes rogue, Khalid is assigned the task of hunting down his mentor. Can he track him? A deadly war begins.

• Like 3

🥤🎬 Just finished watching JOKER!🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Warner Bros Wb GIF by Joker Movie

Oh my goodness, this is an amazing film and Joaquin Phoenix is superb as the Joker... this is going to WIN many awards in my estimation for sure! 🏆

Warner Bros Lol GIF by Joker Movie

I smell a fabulous sequel... yeah!😋

hungry the muppet christmas carol GIF

Arthur Fleck (Joaquin Phoenix), a man disregarded by society, is not only a gritty character study, but also a broader cautionary tale.

*Trailer in spoiler (you may not want to see the trailer if you have not seen this GREAT flic yet 🎞️)!*

Spoiler

• Like 2