What did you watch last night???

Basil

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Really expanding my horizons this last week… “Foodie Films”?! Never even considered such a thing. It a Whole New World! 😄👍🏼

"Foodie Films" is the technical term. They are also often found under the category of "Chewing Viewings" and, more colloquially, "Twix Flicks".

The adventure is just beginning my friend...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

@bossjon mentioned movies that broke, I had that a few times too. I can remember that V for Vendetta had no sound after like 30 Minutes for a few minutes and they did not start from that point again, I left and got my money back. The first showing of Batman Forever they had to move us to a smaller room, but at least started from the beginning. There have been 1 or 2 others.

The lowest attendance have been a rerun of Karate Kid 1, 3 people (including my brother and myself) and then Timecop (1 other person besides myself), that was also the first rated 16 movie I was able to see withouth having reached that age.

• Like 2

What happens when you take a bunch of famous tiktokkers and give them a script that sounds like it's written by a 10 year old.... YOU GET ATTAWAY GENERAL!!!

This show is a masterpiece of horrible acting and dialogue that gives you cringe shivers down your spine.

I cannot stop watching, I love horribly acted movies/tv shows and this is just perfect top tier cringe!

only on amazon prime!!

Acting: 0.7/10

Dialogue: 0.5/10

Cringe: 10/10

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

image.jpeg.4169df27d8d0c11950e5b2b563105d7d.jpeg

Haven’t watched this in a few years and it was like visiting an old childhood friend.  Fittingly, given the story, it really reminded me this time of the first time I saw it in the theater with my dad and how awesome we both thought it was.  

It continues to stand as one of my very favorite films of all time and, by far, the very best that Star trek has to offer.  The script, the performances, the score are all complete bangers.  

The latest 4K master looks and sounds terrific too.

Damn I love this movie and watching it I feel both old and young at the very same time.   Genesis indeed.

5/5 phasers set to stun.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Gary K said:

image.jpeg.4169df27d8d0c11950e5b2b563105d7d.jpeg

Haven’t watched this in a few years and it was like visiting an old childhood friend.  Fittingly, given the story, it really reminded me this time of the first time I saw it in the theater with my dad and how awesome we both thought it was.  

It continues to stand as one of my very favorite films of all time and, by far, the very best that Star trek has to offer.  The script, the performances, the score are all complete bangers.  

The latest 4K master looks and sounds terrific too.

Damn I love this movie and watching it I feel both old and young at the very same time.   Genesis indeed.

5/5 phasers set to stun.

Very nice "review".  I have very similar experiences with this film.  It has aged well imho, . . . as have we!

Do you ever watch the Space Seed episode before the movie?    Not necessary but, sorta fun.

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Very nice "review".  I have very similar experiences with this film.  It has aged well imho, . . . as have we!

Do you ever watch the Space Seed episode before the movie?    Not necessary but, sorta fun.

I don’t think I have watched them back to back.  Next time I will!

NOW SHOWING movie theatre sign home theater decor

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🍿🧋watched …

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif 

Thu Jan 12…

*1st time watch britbox  ️️  ️ ️ 

Deadline 1 season Ep.1-2 of 4

When Natalie Varga stands accused of murdering her husband in cold blood, disgraced investigative journalist James Alden finds himself captivated by the case. The mystery of whether she committed the crime broadens into a darker, stranger narrative as our London setting shifts to Hungarian high society.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Veum said:

Fri Jan 13…

*1st time watch 

Larceny, Inc. (1942) ️️   An ex-convict’s (Edward G. Robinson) niece (Jane Wyman) runs a shop over the tunnel he and his partners are digging to a bank vault.

Underrated

image.thumb.png.8684d0d015b094daf3befa8ecddf9789.png

• Like 2

Sat Jan 14…

*1st time watch Three Pines S1 Ep.1-2

White Out - Part 1

Gamache earns the displeasure of General Director Francoeur when he ignores his superior’s orders and begins investigating the…

White Out - Part 2

Gamache realizes that the key to solving CC’s murder lies in her enigmatic past. Discovering that one of the villagers has withheld…

• Like 2

Just finished watching Ma Raineys Black Bottom.

F000F447-FB97-4CAB-95FF-BFFA69745196.thumb.jpeg.336c3857061d84b848f3f07d2b0eeed0.jpeg

First up, Wow…what a performance from Chadwick Boseman! Brilliant. Second, What a performance from Viola Davis! Superb, and terrifying! 😄 I also hadn’t realised until the end credits that Denzel Washington played the role of Producer on this.

This one is certainly thought provoking. Not at all what I expected in terms of plot scenes either, and it’s a somewhat rare quick watch on a par with a Romcom in duration time (1hr 34mins). 

Whilst not something you will watch again and again, or credit as a favourite, I would still highly recommend this if anything, just to witness the great talent that we have sadly lost way too early - Chadwick Boseman. He clearly looks gaunt in this and knowing what we do now, it’s mind blowing to think he put in this performance whilst suffering in silence and so close to his passing 🙏🏼

• Like 5

Mon Jan 16 

*1st time watch 

The Shallows (2016) ️️   When Nancy is attacked by a great white shark while surfing alone, she is stranded just a short distance from shore. Though she is only 200 yards from her survival, getting there proves the ultimate contest of wills.

*1st time watch

Eragon (2006)  ️️    A boy named Eragon finds a polished blue stone in the forest. At first, he thinks it's a lucky discovery, something that will bring meat to his poor family for the winter. Instead, it brings a dragon hatchling, and Eragon is soon thrust into a world of magic and power through which he and the dragon must navigate.

Edited by Veum

Tue Jan 17

Blade Runner 2049 (2017) ️️   Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K, unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what's left of society into chaos. K's discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard, a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years.

• Like 1

Thu Jan 19

Halloween Kills (2021) 🤢 Minutes after Laurie Strode, her daughter Karen, and granddaughter Allyson left masked monster Michael Myers caged and burning in Laurie's basement, Laurie is rushed to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, believing she finally killed her lifelong tormentor. But when Michael manages to free himself from Laurie's trap, his ritual bloodbath resumes. As Laurie fights her pain and prepares to defend herself against him, she inspires all of Haddonfield to rise up against their unstoppable monster.

Edited by Veum

Fri Jan 20

*Dune  (2021) ️️   Paul Atreides, a brilliant and gifted young man born into a great destiny beyond his understanding, must travel to the most dangerous planet in the universe to ensure the future of his family and his people. As malevolent forces explode into conflict over the planet's exclusive supply of the most precious resource in existence-a commodity capable of unlocking humanity's greatest potential-only those who can conquer their fear will survive.

*The Batman  (2022) ️️    Batman ventures into Gotham City's underworld when a sadistic killer leaves behind a trail of cryptic clues. As the evidence begins to lead closer to home and the scale of the perpetrator's plans become clear, he must forge new relationships, unmask the culprit and bring justice to the abuse of power and corruption that has long plagued the metropolis.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

Just finished The Man from Toronto (Some Spoiler Alert).

0F99EC75-2C8B-42E6-89FF-DC3A2781F92E.thumb.jpeg.4ec14150b4ffb11a0fdd807cdbb07055.jpeg

Honestly, I’m a little bored with Hart now. Hart & Ice Cube, Hart & The Rock, and now Hart & Harrelson. And yup, his role is exactly what you expect. But, I do rather like Harrelson, so I thought I’d give it a go. 

Mildly amusing throughout with my biggest laugh coming in the opening credits. Highly predictable of course, and you have to wonder why film writers insist on feeding us lies such as 37yr old Kaley Cuoco getting together with 61yr old Woody Harrelson. Because someone who looks like Kaley Cuoco is obviously single and wants a father figure right?? FFS. Of course Harts wife is Gorgeous (Jasmine Matthews) and he doesn’t deserve her… and we’ve NEVER seen him play that role before! 🙄

Anyway, more than plenty of action. Lots of explosions, plenty of token bad guys (hitmen for hire) and then of course there is  “Debora”. A Typically black 69 Charger R/T. Personally, I think I might actually hear a perfectly tuned Hemi barrelling towards me and have the foresight to step out of the way 🤷🏼‍♂️ But that’s just me 😄  

Some slightly dodgy CGI and as already expressed, I am sure you can all imagine just what you’ll get with this.

It’s not awful, it’s not even poor. It’s just very very predictable. If you like this kind of thing it will tick all of your boxes and even if you don’t necessarily like this kind of thing, it will pass 2hrs without completely robbing you of it. 👍🏼

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Just finished The Man from Toronto (Some Spoiler Alert).

0F99EC75-2C8B-42E6-89FF-DC3A2781F92E.thumb.jpeg.4ec14150b4ffb11a0fdd807cdbb07055.jpeg

Honestly, I’m a little bored with Hart now. Hart & Ice Cube, Hart & The Rock, and now Hart & Harrelson. And yup, his role is exactly what you expect. But, I do rather like Harrelson, so I thought I’d give it a go. 

Mildly amusing throughout with my biggest laugh coming in the opening credits. Highly predictable of course, and you have to wonder why film writers insist on feeding us lies such as 37yr old Kaley Cuoco getting together with 61yr old Woody Harrelson. Because someone who looks like Kaley Cuoco is obviously single and wants a father figure right?? FFS. Of course Harts wife is Gorgeous (Jasmine Matthews) and he doesn’t deserve her… and we’ve NEVER seen him play that role before! 🙄

Anyway, more than plenty of action. Lots of explosions, plenty of bad token guys (hitmen for hire) and then of course there is  “Debora”. A Typically black 69 Charger R/T. Personally, I think I might actually hear a perfectly tuned Hemi barrelling towards me and have the foresight to step out of the way 🤷🏼‍♂️ But that’s just me 😄  

Some slightly dodgy CGI and as already expressed, I am sure you can all imagine just what you’ll get with this.

It’s not awful, it’s not even poor. It’s just very very predictable. If you like this kind of thing it will tick all of your boxes and even if you don’t necessarily like this kind of thing, it will pass 2hrs without completely robbing you of it. 👍🏼

Love Harrelson and would watch him in practically anything… just not with Hart. Can’t stand him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Love Harrelson and would watch him in practically anything… just not with Hart. Can’t stand him.

I hear that.

My “rather like Harrelson” comment was me playing it cool really. I def more than like him and consider him a draw to watch anything if I’m honest. If he wasn’t in this, I most likely wouldn’t have bothered.

• Like 2