Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOW SHOWING movie theatre sign home theater decor

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🎃 👻 🧛‍♂️ watching now…

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif 

Mon Dec 5

santa.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gif

145047_medium.jpg?t=1612391880

The Muppet characters tell their version of the classic tale of an old and bitter miser's redemption on Christmas Eve.

The Muppets Christmas Carol with Michael Caine as Scrooge and Kermit as Bob Cratchit and the muppets supporting cast is very enjoyable!

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

FACB0E83-0A75-4A88-B09C-4BD05AB91EF6.jpeg.bd7229caf5f7a12c32441bc3cebd9bd5.jpeg

Christmas Bloody Christmas (2022)

Dir. Joe Begos

streaming on shudder. 

Thank you Joe Begos.  

This was the Christmas slasher meets Terminator thrill ride I didn’t even know I needed.  

I absolutely adore Begos’ 16mm red filter, neon soaked  signature style with a throbbing 80s esque score from Steve Moore.   This one adds one of my fav new lead bad ass “cool” chick performances ever by Riley Dandy.  She better become  HUGE cuz she deserved it.  I see she’s in a bunch of Christmas/romantic movies thst I can’t bear to watch, but I love her and just might need to try…

The action is non stop, the gore is perfect, the kills are exactly on point and the script is sharp, funny and knowing.  

Why am I only giving this 4.5??  I don’t know…maybe because I liked Bliss a bit more and gave that 4.5 but in reality they are both probably 5 star jams. 

Come on Begos what’s next !!!

• Like 1

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🎃 👻 🧛‍♂️ watching now 🏈 DVR…

Sat Dec 17

San Francisco 49ers vs Seattle Seahawks now DVR…

LATER NFL Network…

LATER TODAY…

image.jpeg.5b8b769a2a8b0179aca156aff531d2da.jpeg

🥤📺🎬💽 :) 🎃 👻 🧛‍♂️ watched …

Fireball XL5 – The Day The Earth Froze

vlcsnap-2022-12-18-16h06m01s586.png?resi

A dramatic crash landing by Fireball XL27 opens this episode, after the craft strays too close to the ice planet Zavia and its inhabitants open fire with a coma ray. The XL5 crew are deployed to investigate, onlyto find themselves up against a weapon capable of deflecting the sun’s rays – and making things just a little bit chilly on Earth!

vlcsnap-2022-12-18-16h06m22s151.png?resiZero and 90 prepare for the end of the world. Also, Zoonie has a funny hat.

This episode scores high for making the immediate threat not only against the XL5 crew (who face quite the ordeal in escaping from the alien base) but against the entire Earth, with some beautiful model effects scenes showing Space City under a blanket of snow (as well as the opening sequence involving XL27). As dastardly as the aliens are, and as wonderful as the effects look, this episode is also packed with some lovely character moments. Steve Zodiac, Matt and Venus are as heroic as ever but there’s also something deeply poignant about seeing the Space City regulars back on Earth facing what seems to be the inevitable end. After thirty-something episode of grouching and grumbling it’s rather touching Commander Zero and Lieutenant 90 putting aside their differences in the face of certain death while Eleanor Jonathan and Zoonie shiver in a pile of coats and blankets behind them – and Jock is mentioned as working tirelessly off-screen trying to fix the heating!

Spoiler

New Captain Scarlet – Enigma santa.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gifsanta.gif

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1700x956.
vlcsnap-2019-12-22-16h22m08s465.png?w=17

Sometimes the best Christmas episodes are those that are light on festive flavor but strong on all the elements that make that the regular episodes of that show such a success, and that’s Enigma all over. While not technically a Christmas episode in its own right, Enigma earns a spot on this list thanks in part to a scene that homages Captain Picard’s Nexus Christmas fantasy in Star Trek Generations, as Captain Scarlet finds himself in the family home of Captain Black and Destiny Angel in a potential alternate reality that sees them happily married with children – although some of Black’s parenting skills could do with some work.

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1700x956.

vlcsnap-2019-12-22-16h25m00s925.png?w=17

“Those kids could do with some cake to quieten them down!” “That’s your answer to everything, isn’t it?”
This is however only a small part of the episode, which opens with a fast-paced sequence involving the Angels taking on a Mysteron spacecraft that then lands in the Australian outback. Upon entering the ship Captains Scarlet Blue Ochre and Grey find themselves in a Mysteron maze that seems to offer an end to the war of nerves between the Earth and Mars – or does it? From the breakneck opening battle scene to the Spectrum team’s investigation of the Mysteron spacecraft that raises more questions than it answers, Enigma is one of the finest episodes of a brutally underrated series.

Spoiler

• Like 2

Finally got home and was able to travel to the Dolby theater to check out Avatar: The Way of Water. Wow - the visuals are breathtaking to say the least. The story is better than the original but could still use some work - especially the dialogue. 

I generally avoid 3D films because they seem gimmicky and a bit blurry to me. However, when I saw Gemini Man a few years ago (not such a good movie) I told my wife that I would get on board with 3D if more films used the high frame rate technology. I believe that film was shot at 120fps but presented at 60fps. The 3D was crystal clear and just a joy to watch. I'm happy to see that Cameron went this route and with a more reasonable 48fps. This frame rate combined with meticulously crafted CGI really makes you feel as though you are in Pandora yourself. 

Well worth the 1.5hr drive each way to properly experience this film 👍

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Finally got home and was able to travel to the Dolby theater to check out Avatar: The Way of Water. Wow - the visuals are breathtaking to say the least. The story is better than the original but could still use some work - especially the dialogue. 

I generally avoid 3D films because they seem gimmicky and a bit blurry to me. However, when I saw Gemini Man a few years ago (not such a good movie) I told my wife that I would get on board with 3D if more films used the high frame rate technology. I believe that film was shot at 120fps but presented at 60fps. The 3D was crystal clear and just a joy to watch. I'm happy to see that Cameron went this route and with a more reasonable 48fps. This frame rate combined with meticulously crafted CGI really makes you feel as though you are in Pandora yourself. 

Well worth the 1.5hr drive each way to properly experience this film 👍

Thanks for your thoughts.  Curious in central FL where you had to drive to see it?  Or maybe I'm mistaken as to where you are based.

Yeah, I've been dragging my feet on this, but gunna make an effort for us to go see it in 3D after hearing your thoughts.

It's gunna be interesting to see what he achieves with 48fps with Titanic next year.  In general I'm not a fan of the higher frame rates.  Motion grading is ramping up as an added value, look creation, like color grading.  But I haven't seen anything that makes me a fan yet.  There is more talk about it at post houses than there used to be.  TrueCut Motion isn't going anywhere I don't think, so we will see how it all shakes out.  

• Like 4

18 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Thanks for your thoughts.  Curious in central FL where you had to drive to see it?  Or maybe I'm mistaken as to where you are based.

Yeah, I've been dragging my feet on this, but gunna make an effort for us to go see it in 3D after hearing your thoughts.

It's gunna be interesting to see what he achieves with 48fps with Titanic next year.  In general I'm not a fan of the higher frame rates.  Motion grading is ramping up as an added value, look creation, like color grading.  But I haven't seen anything that makes me a fan yet.  There is more talk about it at post houses than there used to be.  TrueCut Motion isn't going anywhere I don't think, so we will see how it all shakes out.  

@BreakBeatDJ have you seen these 🎞 

Gemini Man 4K (Blu-ray) I actually enjoyed this in 120 frames per second❣️:)

Gemini Man is Director Ang Lee's latest film to foray into the questionably effective and audience divisive world of 120 frames per second.

This made me go buy in the same frames Billy Lynn’s Halftime Walk 🎬

Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I keep missing some notifications...sorry

I'm in a small town on the east coast of FL so I either have to drive to Orlando, Tampa, or Ft. Lauderdale to experience any of the better formats (Dolby, real IMAX). Locally I only have two "regular" theaters and one of which is an AMC located in a dead mall. The theater has recently started to embrace the death and I frequently encounter dying projection bulbs and other issues. 

The Ft. Lauderdale IMAX is a legit IMAX theater regarding screen size and laser projection but it's a smaller theater in terms of seating and the seats are way too close to the screen imo. It's just physically uncomfortable for me to watch anything there. So, I usually opt for the Dolby theater near Disney World. It's one of the largest Dolby screens in the country and is also one of the few with true dual 4k laser projection. There's also added value of stopping at a theme park or one of the many nearby malls so that I can make a day out of it and better justify the long drive. 

I've personally only experienced HFR in the theater (Dolby each time) and in 3D so I can't comment on it outside of that setting. I've heard people complain about how it can make some scenes flow a little too smoothly and appear unnatural. I could see how that would happen. I think it's a true gift to 3D cinema - especially action scenes with lots of motion. If I understand correctly, The Way of Water is 48fps throughout BUT Cameron used double frames in slower scenes as a way to "downgrade" those scenes so they appear to be the usual 24fps. 

I noticed a few instances of choppiness in the film but I can't exactly say what was causing it. It could have been the film itself or the equipment it was running on. Regardless, I find all of this fascinating and would love to find an online class to learn more about this stuff.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok…. Ok…..

giphy.gif

So tonight (against my better judgement) I watched Hobbs and Shaw. (Spoiler alert)

image.thumb.jpeg.a74006332ce36b887f85a416fd95b3d6.jpeg

It was showing on TV and I happened to time it just right as I channel hopped. I Figured what the hell….

giphy.gif

Well….. It’s fair to say that it just rocketed to the top of my “What the Hell did I just watch” list. I honestly cannot recall Anything in recent years as ridiculous as this, other than other F&F franchise movies post F&F5 or Aquaman. However none of those were as self indulgent as this bag of nonsense. 

How the Hell did they get away with spending $200 million dollars and fail to employ someone with an ounce of common sense who could have pointed out how time, physics and the world works. 

giphy.gif

I can forgive an action movie for having vain muscular unrealistic moments where a mortal man pulls off the impossible. I can forgive a petrol head franchise for having futuristic supposedly electric vehicles that are roaring around to the sound of V8 engines. I can EVEN forgive a transforming bike that appears indestructible, can pivot wheels and can even ultimately drive itself, OR that a Samoan car mechanic is the ONLY man that they can call on to fix a broken, futuristic, one of a kind Virus extraction device. Not to mention they are of course naturally on bad terms… I mean Obviously right?! FFS. I could go on and on and on…

giphy.gif

I cannot forgive a storyline written completely around “The Urgency” of the situation, and the unbelievable list of tasks, fights and global locations visited in the given timeframe. On one hand time appears endless as they hop from London to Moscow, then Ukraine and finally Samoa. And yet in another moment, we go from night to day as the device has counted down just 9 minutes?!! What about if you attach 4 cars end to end by chains, and the one at the back fires it’s nitrous… now I may be wrong here, but my guess is that it ploughs straight into the car in front right? Apparently not. 🤣 

giphy.gif

And back to the self indulgence… Why pray tell is there a US Air Marshall on a flight that is going from London to Moscow??! I’ll tell you why, because he’s Dwayne Johnson’s mate and needed a part. Shocking. I’m also intrigued just how many times The Rock calls someone ‘Brother’ throughout this. It gets cringey by the end, and if you make it that far then you’re in for a real treat because apparently… Every guy in Samoa is a huge ripped beast that wants to perform the ‘Haka’ in front of the armed enemy before going to war. Oh yeah, and they’re all expert drivers with trick pick ups. 🙄

I’m sure some of you love the franchise and probably enjoyed this, and I of course appreciate we all have our opinions about what we enjoy, but I found this to be nothing but a Dwayne Johnson jolly. Nothing against him, I’m actually a fan. But this was too much, inclusive of the eye brow jokes and shirtless Haka performance.

All in all, a slick predictable high octane adventure with lame humour throughout. You also need to forget half of the plot to truly buy it. Disappointing and laughable.

giphy.gif

BTW, flight time from Moscow/Ukraine to Samoa is 19hrs and yet they still had time to form and action an elaborate gun free plan in seconds, not to mention fix a device no one has ever seen or worked on before. Pretty sure they’d all be dead tbh. 😆

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

🥤📺🎬💽 :)  watched…

O1/06 *1st time watch

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

8 Mile 4K (Blu-ray)

For Jimmy Smith, Jr. (Eminem), life is a daily fight just to keep hope alive. Feeding his dreams in Detroit's vibrant music scene, Jimmy wages an extraordinary personal struggle to find his own voice—and earn a place in a world where rhymes rule, legends are born and every moment...is another chance. An excellent story that proves you can do it when you have to fight for your daily life and have the talent no matter what anyone tells you!

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Veum said:

O1/06 *1st time watch

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

8 Mile 4K (Blu-ray)

For Jimmy Smith, Jr. (Eminem), life is a daily fight just to keep hope alive. Feeding his dreams in Detroit's vibrant music scene, Jimmy wages an extraordinary personal struggle to find his own voice—and earn a place in a world where rhymes rule, legends are born and every moment...is another chance. An excellent story that proves you can do it when you have to fight for your daily life and have the talent no matter what anyone tells you!

It has been a long, long time since I watched this one. I remember being impressed with his performance - hopefully I'll get a chance to rewatch this year.

• Like 1

O1/07 *1st time watch

DVR

️️ 

image.jpeg.923f5cd6de999782303972d0f3ace2eb.jpeg

Six years ago NASA discovered the possibility of alien life within our solar system. A probe was launched to collect samples, but crashed upon re-entry over ... I really could not get into this that much as most of 3/4 of the film was just seeing the 2 characters trying to get home.

DVR

1/2 

image.jpeg.d349583fe3b6e1b739c908e9b40696fa.jpeg

During the Great Depression, ex-boxer James J. Braddock (Russell Crowe) works as a day laborer until his former manager Joe Gould (Paul Giamatti) offers him a one-time slot against a rising young ... I enjoyed the backstory of James J. Braddock and his family going through very hard times through the depression and the fight scenes!

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
14 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

Saw M3GAN in theaters tonight!

Dance Halloween GIF by Pretty Dudes

The first movie I've seen in theaters since May 2022 (Multiverse of Madness). It was everything I hoped for and more. Lots of campy fun and an overall good time. Can't wait until it gets released -- hoping for an unrated cut!

I just read that they are intending to release the unrated, gorier nastier cut at some point.  They are also working on a sequel.  Hope to see it this weekend 

• Like 2