IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

14 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

@BreakBeatDJ That sounds like a film I would really enjoy. Is there an American foodie film you can compare it to? Either way, I'm adding it to my list. 

Sorry bud, I wish.  There is a nice little hook at the end that I wasn't expecting, not necessarily a twist, just a nice "historical" tie in. We really enjoyed it.  But again, it feels a bit like a palate cleanser, a pretty light but smart movie for in between two heavier or challenging films.  

(for the lurkers - Delicious (2021) )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
3 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Last movie I remember turning off after a short time was Murder on the Orient Express. After watching Glass Onion the wife I wanted to check out another murder mystery in the same vein (hopefully), but those hopes were squashed almost immediately. I went to bed after 20 minutes. My wife opted to keep watching, but ended up turning it off shortly thereafter with the vow to finish it later. It's been a few weeks and as far as I know she hasn't. 🤣

original or remake?  I liked the original and haven't seen the remake.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Sorry bud, I wish.  There is a nice little hook at the end that I wasn't expecting, not necessarily a twist, just a nice "historical" tie in. We really enjoyed it.  But again, it feels a bit like a palate cleanser, a pretty light but smart movie for in between two heavier or challenging films.  

(for the lurkers - Delicious (2021) )

I might move it to near the top of my list because I could really go for something like this. The foodie films are always so relaxing for me. The Hundred-Foot Journey is usually watched at least once a year in this house.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

I might move it to near the top of my list because I could really go for something like this. The foodie films are always so relaxing for me. The Hundred-Foot Journey is usually watched at least once a year in this house.

Have you guys checked out Jon Favreau's Chef? I liked that one quite a lot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
7 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Loved chef.  

btw if your looking for a fun mystery follow up to Glass Onion check out The Last Of Sheila  it’s from the 70s with a star studded cast (for the time) and is a ton of fun. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Yeah, I did.  It was pretty good, it's been a while though.  The social media component for some reason rubbed me wrong back then.  Don't remember why, that's my vague memory.  I imagine now I'd feel differently about it.  The food truck road trip was cool.  

Maybe I misunderstood @GuyIncognit0, I thought he meant those more historical light dramas.  Maybe he did just mean food movies.  Anyway, Chef is a nice watch too.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Maybe I misunderstood @GuyIncognit0, I thought he meant those more historical light dramas.  Maybe he did just mean food movies.  Anyway, Chef is a nice watch too.

He might have! My brain is fried thanks to work this morning. I can't even keep what day it is straight in my head and I'm misreading everything left and right. But I'm always up for foodie movie recs, so... 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Yeah, I did.  It was pretty good, it's been a while though.  The social media component for some reason rubbed me wrong back then.  Don't remember why, that's my vague memory.  I imagine now I'd feel differently about it.  The food truck road trip was cool.  

Chef is great.

I meant both, really. They're all good to me.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Loved chef.  

btw if your looking for a fun mystery follow up to Glass Onion check out The Last Of Sheila  it’s from the 70s with a star studded cast (for the time) and is a ton of fun. 

Will definitely be checking out Last of Sheila... thanks for the recommendation!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

At that time (before our daughter was born), walking out of a stinker was easy since both of us had annual subscriptions that allowed us go to the movies as often as we liked.
During certain periods we used to go to the movies at least once a week so these annual subscriptions were definitely worth it, especially since good movies came out pretty frequently… how these times have changed.

I was then thinking that it strikes me that a bunch of you guys seem to go and watch anything, but the subscription totally makes sense! 👌🏼 

I’ve never walked out, but I suspect I have only been a small fraction of times compared to the levels a subscription goer has been. 

I did sit through Daredevil at the cinema, but I also smuggled in a 4-pack so that helped 😂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Really expanding my horizons this last week… “Foodie Films”?! Never even considered such a thing. It a Whole New World! 😄👍🏼

• Haha 1