IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

Although last night was just video games while streaming old Archer episodes, the night before last I watched T2 in 3d for the first time and I gotta say they did a pretty darn good job with the conversion.  Better than with Jurassic Park I think.  I'll have to rewatch JP in 3d again next to compare.

Edited by Mdk14092
  • Like 8

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn’t watch anything last night, as I was providing an audience with Burgers, Hot-dogs & a Firework display, complete with a non-launching rocket that exploded on my lawn.... quite spectacular really, and was promptly asked if I required fresh underwear 😂

Friday night however, I reached for the glossy Mantalab Fullslip of Man of Steel. Perfect casting in terms of looking the part, but I’m still on the fence if it’s a good performance from Mr. Cavil or not. Also, when he takes down the earth engine, did they over lay Christopher Reeves face? 🤔 Looks suspiciously like it to me. 

Today being Sunday, I always look for an oldie in the afternoon. Today I found Mrs. Doubtfire and giggled away quite happily on the couch with a couple of pints of the black stuff. Cheers!

• Like 9

Still in Halloween mood I watched Frankenstein from 1931 last night. I must admit that it was my first time (shame on me) and I basically knew nothing about it except the famous "IT'S ALIVE, IT'S ALIVE" scene.

The runtime was 70 minutes (which is very short compared to today's standards) but it felt like 45 minutes 👍

Of course it was very different compared to what we are used to nowadays and that way part of the great experience. 

The amazing first scene at the graveyard immediately set the tone.

90 year old masterpiece in my eyes :)

next is probably Dracula from 1931 :)

• Like 5

well today has been peeing down here missus went off to hair dressers leaving me some hours to fill.

so have started going back thru discovery season 1 steelbook got about half way thru so about 6hrs today not sure when get a chance to do other 6hrs as she doesnt like this trek for some strange reason. personally i love it with klingon wars etc i know alot dont like it because the spore drive etc. but like all things you goto give it a chance.

anyway this is all to remind me what went on so when discovery season 2 steelbook from zoom turns up, i all back upto speed.

now streaming star trek discovery GIF by CBS All Access

basil :D

• Like 6

Yesterday I continued my classic horror journey. On the menu was Dracula from 1931.

Again I enjoyed the old "style" and the 75min went by like nothing. 

Interesting to see was that at the time the movie was released many people were frightened of the movie but in 2019 there is nothing scary about Dracula. We are used to other stuff (unfortunately).

• Like 6

well over the weekend have watched complete series of star trek discovery season 2 and it was great and the tieing in nicely for the orginal series the writing was clever and good i dont want to give too much away but this has to be binged watch over 2 or 3 days to keep up with story lines imho.

but only 720mins worth lol

and tonight on tv on channel4 in the uk just watched worlds fastest tractor with guy martin and what a watch that was

@Pbsw23and @RileyLad show above is a must watch try catch up if you have not seen, look out for snoopy 4 only 8000bhp with two merlin engines something else :ENVOUTER:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Basil said:

well over the weekend have watched complete series of star trek discovery season 2 and it was great and the tieing in nicely for the orginal series the writing was clever and good i dont want to give too much away but this has to be binged watch over 2 or 3 days to keep up with story lines imho.

but only 720mins worth lol

and tonight on tv on channel4 in the uk just watched worlds fastest tractor with guy martin and what a watch that was

@Pbsw23and @RileyLad show above is a must watch try catch up if you have not seen, look out for snoopy 4 only 8000bhp with two merlin engines something else :ENVOUTER:

Our Man Guy IS A TOTAL LEGEND .

He is by far the most down to earth celebrity ever.  

No airs no graces knows his stuff and what a champion for engineering and a fearless approach to the most mad insane feats of speed EVER .

That Snoopy 4 still had the holes in the engine where the Spitfire  propellers  once sat .

YES YOU READ THAT RIGHT .

A tractor with  X 2 Spitfire Merlin Engines 

Go Guy Go

Get a load of this Gang @forenhase @Veum @Hollywood E Rock @blu.steel33 @ukade2327 @thomue1987 @Masterblaster @deckard99 @RileyLad @Pbsw23 

A whole new meaning to the phrase feeling the need for speed 😳😁😊💋💋

• Like 3

Recently watched two films one was doctor sleep I thought it was great I didnt expect it to be what it was but it ties in perfectly with the shinning and I really enjoyed it. Also watched punch drunk love, which I never fully watched and I was surprised how funny the movie was. Probably my fave adam sandler movie, it got me pumped to see uncut gems.

• Like 5

Awards

well last night could not sleep last night and had a day off work today for a long change, so finally watched a film a friend recommended to me (she knows who she is lol)

rare exports a christmas tale not quite you average christmas film to say the least but a bit of a darker film. was in english and finnish with sub titles for foriegn bits.

but was a bit of a hoot there was one point nearly hit the ceiling when watching at about 2am on my own and im sure she will piss her self laughing when she heres this.

not a bad film gives a new meaning to story of santa claus and his helpers.

but worth a watch xD

trailer below

basil :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Basil said:

well last night could not sleep last night and had a day off work today for a long change, so finally watched a film a friend recommended to me (she knows who she is lol)

rare exports a christmas tale not quite you average christmas film to say the least but a bit of a darker film. was in english and finnish with sub titles for foriegn bits.

but was a bit of a hoot there was one point nearly hit the ceiling when watching at about 2am on my own and im sure she will piss her self laughing when she heres this.

not a bad film gives a new meaning to story of santa claus and his helpers.

but worth a watch xD

trailer below

basil :)

You dingbat I told you it was dark yet so much fun

giphy.gif

2 am that is LEGENDARY @Basil glad you enjoyed it its a firm favourite here .

We have it on loads over the Silly  Season  the best showing us the Santa Eve 24th December  late afternoon/ evening such a charming movie 

giphy-downsized.gif

• Like 3

well just stuck a 2 month voucher for movies on my now tv box for christmas catching backup

anyway just watched captain marvel again and forced wife to watch she dug heels in at start up ended up loving it, always makes me laugh when she does that and im proved right xD

also after that watched 'escape from sobibor' 2018 film, wow no words for this film one the best ww2 films ive seen in years if anyone ever gets a chance to see this watch it,

it is horrfic what happened to the jews in the death camps but this is a story that never should be forgotten ever.

the film is in foriegn with subs.

basil 🙏

• Like 3

🍵Started my seasonal/holiday watching 🎬 tonight w/this screwball classic! xD

For some holiday movie/tv fun take a look-in at my thread here... Veum’s seasonal film/tv watching Cup of tea theatre

Planes, Trains and Automobiles 🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅

61864_large.jpg?t=1358389786

A very funny screwball holiday caper where Steve Martin as (Neal Page) an advertising exec is trying to get home to Chicago for Thanksgiving and runs into a lovable, awkward  shower curtain ring salesman Del Griffith (John Candy). They end up on a hap-hazard cross-country trip together that has all kinds of mishaps and hilarious moments! My 'cup of tea'! 🍵

planes trains and automobiles GIF by Hollywood Suite

cold steve martin GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

🍵A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving 🎅🎅🎅🎅🎅

28166_large.jpg?t=0

Oh Chuck and the gang are up for a little Thanksgiving party, thanks to master chef Snoopy and his pal Woodstock! Looks like more of a stomach-ache Snoopy... the sly little pup had his way in the end! A timeless classic, that I always enjoy, my 'cup of tea'! 🍵

charlie brown thanksgiving GIF by Peanuts snoopy a charlie brown thanksgiving GIF by Peanuts charlie brown thanksgiving GIF

• Like 3

well last night was chernobyl have had a few friends say was done really well and they where right binged watch the lot yesterday, was very entertaining and done well.

before seeing it had been considering buying the steel for it on amazon, but now after seeing it all for me is def a one watch deal.

once you seen it you have seen it, so for me is £25 saved for something else and a little bit of shelf space saved as im limited on space.

but would recommend seeing it on a stream like i did.

and if you like a bit of gore with skin and stuff falling off, vomitting and dying, but also the story of russian poltics is instresting too as story unwraps as well

think this be my mate @Veum cup of tea :D

basil 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Basil said:

well last night was chernobyl have had a few friends say was done really well and they where right binged watch the lot yesterday, was very entertaining and done well.

before seeing it had been considering buying the steel for it on amazon, but now after seeing it all for me is def a one watch deal.

once you seen it you have seen it, so for me is £25 saved for something else and a little bit of shelf space saved as im limited on space.

and if you like a bit of gore with skin and stuff falling off, vomitting and dying, but also the story of russian poltics is instresting too as story unwraps as well

basil 👍

Hey @Basil

Could be my’cup of tea’ my friend, I’ll probably get the DVD from our local library sometime! 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Basil said:

basil 👍

I'm on my 3rd watch .

1st just me 

2nd Kids 

3rd all of us 

So much information to take in .

7 hours ago, Veum said:

Hey @Basil

Could be my’cup of tea’ my friend, I’ll probably get the DVD from our local library sometime! 😉

Its clever how its done . The start is like no other show i have seen  .

The final episode IS THE FINEST PIECE OF TV OR FILM EVER .

The craft taken with the slow build up and braking down the workings of a nuclear power plant for dummies. 

Stand out casting.  Give it a go @Veum👍❤❤

• Like 2

Last night was  a fun reality TV Show Naked and Afraid .

Its such fun .

The format is

2 people 1 female 1 male all American so far.

Dumped somewhere in the world  with a camera  a canvas small bag and 1 luxury item each....

This has been anything from a Duck tape  to a magnifying glass...

All naked and yep afraid 😁😁.

Next was OUR National Treasure Guy Martin in Japan.

From getting a traditional Japanese  tattoo to the blinged up trucks in convoy through Tokyo . Then a engineering master 82 years young to the new sport to him of Auto Racing .

Then the underground bike store .

My fellow Psycho's please if you can pull up a chair and enjoy a brew ....

• Like 3