IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

well last night watched john wick 3 finally blind buy for me, was lots blood guts and gore but have to be honest felt a bit dissapointed with the story line within it, the ending was different but somehow just disappointing. feels like they just set up for 4 and are now milking the situation.

which for me is a shame. dont know if ill be bothering when 4 comes out. will maybe watch before hand. before getting a steel.

saying that though my lenti fullslip from nova is lovely though.

basil :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Scorsese’s ‘The Irishman’ on Netflix - 9.5

3.5 hours of movie making excellence that flew by and had me glued to the screen from start to finish.

Although De Niro is the star of the film and he does an admirable job, the film mostly belongs to Pesci and Pacino, playing a mob boss and union leader Jimmy Hoffa, respectively.

Pesci, especially is impressive, giving a much more subdued performance than usual and it’s a treat watching him speak volumes with just a few words or a mere glance. A legend.

The dialogue in this movie is brilliant as well and Pacino gets most of the tasty bits which he delivers with relish (of particular note are his scenes with the equally brilliant Stephen Graham).

All in all, it’s already a classic and a movie I intend on revisiting very soon.

My highest recommendation 👍

• Like 8

On 12/2/2019 at 2:44 AM, R1s1ngs0n said:

3.5 hours of movie making excellence that flew by and had me glued to the screen from start to finish.

Although De Niro is the star of the film and he does an admirable job, the film mostly belongs to Pesci and Pacino, playing a mob boss and union leader Jimmy Hoffa, respectively.

Pesci, especially is impressive, giving a much more subdued performance than usual and it’s a treat watching him speak volumes with just a few words or a mere glance. A legend.

The dialogue in this movie is brilliant as well and Pacino gets most of the tasty bits which he delivers with relish (of particular note are his scenes with the equally brilliant Stephen Graham).

All in all, it’s already a classic and a movie I intend on revisiting very soon.

You wrote what I thought.....  Oscar Material IMO

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, larson1977 said:

You wrote what I thought.....  Oscar Material IMO

Agree 100% - it’s a masterpiece.
Saw it again yesterday and it’s even better upon second viewing.

Joker may get all the attention and accolades (mainly due to Phoenix’s mesmerizing performance) but to me this is a superior movie in practically every other way.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2019 at 8:44 PM, R1s1ngs0n said:

Want to see this @R1s1ngs0n however we do not have Netflix. 🤨

We will have to wait till it gets to Library/BD/4K! ☺️

• Like 3

🥤 *1st time watch! 🎬 🎅 🤶

A Christmas Carol (1999)

7479076F-EBA9-4782-B440-BDE1DA686C97.jpeg.0255f04764c44bdc264bb387d7d1711a.jpeg

A Christmas Carol ? TNT Original Patrick Stewart (X-Men, Star Trek: The Next Generation) stars as Scrooge, the mean-spirited miser who gets his terrifying comeuppance when he imagines he?s visited by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future, and taken on a life-altering journey. Spellbinding special effects, a star-studded cast and a timeless holiday story make this brilliant presentation of Dickens? classic the most heartwarming, compelling and powerful adaptation ever filmed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 12/6/2019 at 6:46 PM, Veum said:

🥤 *1st time watch! 🎬 🎅 🤶

A Christmas Carol (1999)

7479076F-EBA9-4782-B440-BDE1DA686C97.jpeg.0255f04764c44bdc264bb387d7d1711a.jpeg

A Christmas Carol ? TNT Original Patrick Stewart (X-Men, Star Trek: The Next Generation) stars as Scrooge, the mean-spirited miser who gets his terrifying comeuppance when he imagines he?s visited by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present and Future, and taken on a life-altering journey. Spellbinding special effects, a star-studded cast and a timeless holiday story make this brilliant presentation of Dickens? classic the most heartwarming, compelling and powerful adaptation ever filmed.

Shown as a mini series  here a few years ago . Richard E Grant as Bob Cratchett .

Glad you liked it @Veum 😊❤.

@Basil yes indeed Spaceballs in in much need of a rewatch here too👍😁❤❤

I managed to get half way through The Hunt For Red October  before the eye blinds came down  .

One of the few I have bought to stream  . Then we get the Zavvi Steelbook announcement  I CAN NOT WAIT to get that in my grubby paws .

The tension  even  now gets me holding my breath every time I watch it 

Animated GIF

True on the edge of your seat stuff 😊💋💋.

• Like 4

More watching right now 

YES it is Guy Martin  

Recreating the Jump Stunt by Steve McQueen in The Great Escape. 

From the actual location the movie was filmed with never before seen footage . To the real life location and history . 

To shooting tennis balls to achieve the correct speed and angle needed .

Captivating stuff . 

• Like 2

🥤 We watched tonight 🤠🎬

OPHELIA 🎅🤶

HAMLET THROUGH HER EYES.

Ophelia comes of age as lady-in-waiting for Queen Gertrude, and her singular spirit captures Hamlet’s affections. As lust and betrayal threaten the kingdom, Ophelia finds herself trapped between true love and controlling her own destiny.

Ophelia

• Like 3

So guys, yesterday I continued my James Bond journey. After Dr. No and from Russia with love (FRWL), Goldfinger was on the menu.

@R1s1ngs0n told me that FRWL and Goldfinger are part of the holy bond trinity so my expectations were high. Also, I saw most rating sites have Goldfinger at the top their list.

IT WAS AMAZING! Beautiful cinematography and a very charming Connery make this a big winner.

I liked it little more than FRWL but it is close and could change after a 2nd viewing. 

I cannot believe I missed out on this classics my whole life....better late than never I guess :)

I am looking forward to the 4th movie already.

happy watching guys

• Like 4

Yesterday I watched James Bond Thunderball. Yet another amazing Bond movie :D@extantsrevenge I am glad to fill the gap :)

The locations were BEAUTIFUL! Action scenes at the bottom of the ocean GIVE ME MORE! Sharks eating people HELL YEAH! 

Mr. Largo was not the best villain but the great story made up for that little flaw.

the next Bond will follow soon :)

• Like 5

10 hours ago, PRIAPISM said:

Yesterday I watched James Bond Thunderball. Yet another amazing Bond movie :D@extantsrevenge I am glad to fill the gap :)

The locations were BEAUTIFUL! Action scenes at the bottom of the ocean GIVE ME MORE! Sharks eating people HELL YEAH! 

Mr. Largo was not the best villain but the great story made up for that little flaw.

the next Bond will follow soon :)

The next one, You Only Live Twice, is a movie I absolutely love despite it being the one who started shifting the series toward outlandish plots, something that many Bond fans criticized. Nevertheless it’s an absolute classic and along with Goldfinger, perhaps the most iconic film in the franchise. Despite its obvious flaws (Connery starts to show signs of boredom with the role) it’s a movie I never tire of watching - superb music, gorgeous cinematography, amazing sets (best in the series IMO) and an iconic villain. 
Enjoy 😊 

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 5

1st time watch

* RUNNING TAB

Star Trek Discovery S1

now streaming star trek discovery GIF by CBS All Access

Episode 1: While patrolling Federation space, the U.S.S. Shenzhou encounters an object of unknown origin, putting First Officer Michael Burnham to the test.

Episode 2: Face to face with Klingon vessels, the U.S.S. Shenzhou prepares for the possibility of war if negotiations fail; amidst the turmoil, Burnham looks back to her Vulcan upbringing for guidance.
Episode 3: Burnham finds herself aboard the U.S.S. Discovery where she quickly realizes things are not as they seem, including the mysterious Captain Gabriel Lorca.
Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

*RUNNING TAB

STAR TREK DISCOVERY S1

Today’s watch Sunday 12/15 💿 📺

Episode 4: With tensions and stakes high as Starfleet continues in their efforts to end the war with Klingons, Burnham begins to settle in to her new position aboard the U.S.S. Discovery.
Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

Today Monday 12/16

*RUNNING TAB

STAR TREK DISCOVERY S1

Episode 5: While on a mission, Lorca unexpectedly finds himself in the company of Starfleet Lieutenant Ash Tyler and notorious intergalactic criminal, Harry Mudd; Burnham voices her concerns about the repercussions of the spore drive jumps on Ripper.

• Like 2

Marriage Story (Netflix) - 9 out of 10

The premise is quite simple - a story about a married couple (Adam Driver & Scarlett Johansson) who have fallen out of love and despite their desire to separate on friendly terms, find it increasingly difficult, especially when custody of their 8yr old son is concerned.

If earlier I’ve said that Joaquin Phoenix was a lock to win the Oscar, then I got bad news for all you Joker lovers - as much as Phoenix’s performance was amazing, Driver is nothing short of astonishing and I think many people who watched both movies would agree that he’s now the favorite to land the big prize/s - what an actor!

Johansson is excellent and so is the supporting cast, including Laura Dern, Alan Alda and Ray Liotta.

It might come to age, the subject matter or most probably the magnificent performances, but I had tears on several occasions and so did my wife when she watched it this morning.

An emotionally exhausting experience but one that I highly recommend. 

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Like 4

ever stayed up and watched a film and then thought why the hell did i bother?

well the answer is yes the film war pigs

mediocre at best, save some time of your life. suppose thats what you get when put mickey roucke, dolph lundgren and luke goss on the same bill.

should have just known better 9_9

basil 👍

• Haha 1

Just now, Basil said:

ever stayed up and watched a film and then thought why the hell did i bother?

well the answer is yes the film war pigs

mediocre at best, save some time of your life. suppose thats what you get when put mickey roucke, dolph lundgren and luke goss on the same bill.

should have just known better 9_9

basil 👍

Mate never mind the bloody cast . The title is enough to say poop GIF

May i say You  Numpty

💋💋❤❤

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Basil said:

sometimes i look for the glass half full think give it a chance as was ww2.

this glass didnt even have a bottom xD

Or sides by the sound of it 🤣🤣🤣

Right mate I am 

Heading to bed . The eye blinds and curtains are closing against my will damn it  Sleepy Falling Down GIF by America's Funniest Home Videos

❤❤💋💋

• Like 2

Yesterday I watched Once upon a time in Hollywood.

It is Tarantinos funniest movie to date. At times it reminded me of some Coen Brothers films :)

The score was great as always. Brad Pitt gave the best performance in this movie.

I expected Charles Manson to play a bigger role but it's ok...

Recommended

Edited by PRIAPISM
  • Like 5