IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

56 minutes ago, Grendel said:

So, what was that @deckard99 my Buddy?

A drive by "liking"?  😉

Don't be shy my good friend, take a scroll up though the posts.

Honest, not a single pre-pubescent girl being assaulted by tentacles to be found!

(okay may one, or um two...) 🤥

I laughed a little on the tentacles reference 🤣... 3 words: La Blue Girl came to mind @Grendel

Edited by Squeegie McGee
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Grendel said:

Hi Folks;  🙂

Well, it looks like Zavvi has scored license for Manga Ent. new 4K release of GitS (original).

Yes, I know, for many of us it's just a new shiny box of something we own 4+ copies of but...;

- it's GitS !, and

- it's a new shiny box! (with a Steel inside it)

🥳

Link:

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/ghost-in-the-shell-limited-edition-4k-ultra-hd-steelbook/13103141.html

I think I set a new land-speed record for keyboard clicking once I saw it.

I also ordered the "Second Sight" spec ed of "The Babadook".

LOVE 2nd Sight lately as all their recent releases have been absolutely stellar!

ymmv   😉

fyi: @extantsrevenge, @LeGonze, @Squeegie McGee, @Magnifly, @DarthEd, @Trianna etc...

The BB steel is still hands down way better than the zavvi one

• Like 1

I agree @Squeegie McGee that the latest BB Steel is very unique and I had no second thoughts of picking it up (as well as the gorgeous slipped amaray, despite them screwing up the art with placing Matoko's arm across her breasts and obscuring the gun in her right hand with the bar (think of the childrennnnn!!!🙈

I also very much like the Matt Ferguson artwork exhibited on this new Manga ent offer.

I purchased the Steel set of the "Universal Monsters" expressly for that man's art. The lad's got talent.  😍

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Grendel said:

I agree @Squeegie McGee that the latest BB Steel is very unique and I had no second thoughts of picking it up (as well as the gorgeous slipped amaray, despite them screwing up the art with placing Matoko's arm across her breasts and obscuring the gun in her right hand with the bar (think of the childrennnnn!!!🙈

I also very much like the Matt Ferguson artwork exhibited on this new Manga ent offer.

I purchased the Steel set of the "Universal Monsters" expressly for that man's art. The lad's got talent.  😍

Yeah I also like Ferguson's art very much. Somehow I didn't like the BB steel it looked to much like some spray-paint-art imo though I like that it is different and not as unimaginative as most other steels.

Also I can never have too much GitS, I know you wouldn't expect but I'm quite the GitS/Motoko fangirl

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Grendel said:

Well, it looks like Zavvi has scored license for Manga Ent. new 4K release of GitS (original).

Yes, I know, for many of us it's just a new shiny box of something we own 4+ copies of but...;

- it's GitS !, and

- it's a new shiny box! (with a Steel inside it)

🥳

Link:

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/ghost-in-the-shell-limited-edition-4k-ultra-hd-steelbook/13103141.html

I think I set a new land-speed record for keyboard clicking once I saw it.

I also ordered the "Second Sight" spec ed of "The Babadook".

LOVE 2nd Sight lately as all their recent releases have been absolutely stellar!

ymmv   😉

The Zavvi GitS is very nice and tempting, but, like you said, I already own at least four editions of GitS. It’s probably my all-time favorite anime, but I think I’ll hold off. If it sticks around long enough that Zavvi puts it on sale, I’ll surely pick it up, but I’m holding strong for now.

The Babadook in 4K though was an insta-buy! I don’t own a physical edition and have been hoping/waiting for some boutique publisher to put out a nice edition.

• Like 4

Awards

Good Evening @LeGonze🙂

Black Clover is a really odd bird when it comes to releases.

They started out releasing each year in 4 or 5 parts and each year one of the 'cours' (parts) would come with a box large enough to hold all 4 (or 5) for that year.

Sometimes it was the 2nd cour, other years, the 3rd cour. It was a real guessing game.

At the end of 2020, they started to release entire years, in one set each.

It was then I purchased S-1 and then S-2. I'm now awaiting the same treatment for S-3 and hopefully I won't need to wait too long as my G-D is growing very impatient, heh.

To top it off, they've recently released a box set with both S-1 and S-2 in it together.

This might possibly be the "Collector's Box to which you refer?

Again, some of the "Collector Boxes" you see advert may only be a seasonal (cour) large box, of the type I mentioned above.

So you need to be quite sure of what the item contains.

As far as a true Collector's Edition" though? Not one English friendly.

Personally, you may feel like I do, that buying one set each year will suffice.

I get the impression this show is gonna run for at least a couple more years, so a complete set could be a bit of a ways off, if at all.

Regardless of which format you purchase, ea cour, ea year or each double-year, I'm sure you'll enjoy the show!  😀

That's a lot of writing to just say "no" Buddy but I wanted to give you the full story.

Cheers!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening @LeGonze🙂

Black Clover is a really odd bird when it comes to releases.

They started out releasing each year in 4 or 5 parts and each year one of the 'cours' (parts) would come with a box large enough to hold all 4 (or 5) for that year.

Sometimes it was the 2nd cour, other years, the 3rd cour. It was a real guessing game.

At the end of 2020, they started to release entire years, in one set each.

It was then I purchased S-1 and then S-2. I'm now awaiting the same treatment for S-3 and hopefully I won't need to wait too long as my G-D is growing very impatient, heh.

To top it off, they've recently released a box set with both S-1 and S-2 in it together.

This might possibly be the "Collector's Box to which you refer?

Again, some of the "Collector Boxes" you see advert may only be a seasonal (cour) large box, of the type I mentioned above.

So you need to be quite sure of what the item contains.

As far as a true Collector's Edition" though? Not one English friendly.

Personally, you may feel like I do, that buying one set each year will suffice.

I get the impression this show is gonna run for at least a couple more years, so a complete set could be a bit of a ways off, if at all.

Regardless of which format you purchase, ea cour, ea year or each double-year, I'm sure you'll enjoy the show!  😀

That's a lot of writing to just say "no" Buddy but I wanted to give you the full story.

Cheers!

Awesome Sensei!! Love your answers!! 😬😬

Yeah!! I’m liking the show very much!! Even More than Demon Slayer... 😅😅

Well I think I’ll hold my buying with these. I’ll wait for a truly Collectors/Special/Deluxe Edition.

Thanks again Sensei!! 😃😃😉😉

• Like 1

Hi Folks;

I was curious what new shows this season folks are plugging into?

As I personally do not stream and will be awaiting Blu releases, there's a few that I'm quite excited for;

- Jujitsu Kaisen: (of course, it's the new "Demon Slayer" as far as hype goes but it looks incredible from the few excerpts I've seen. My G-D is crazy about it and she has great taste, heh)

- Shaman King: is getting a reboot? what the hell? I'm there!!!

- The Sleepy Princess In The Demon Castle: (Just too cute for words).

- Wonder Egg: a mind twister I'm fully on-board for.

- Sk8, The Infinity: looks pretty "rad", heh.

- Mars Red: really looking forward to this one (Vamps, so duh!)

- 86: another dystopian gloom & doom that looks like it has great potential

- Vivy, Flourite Eye’s Song: cyborg mayhem in the future. Could be quite powerful

- Odd Taxi: so weird but looks so good (aka Tarantino does anime)

- Akudama Drive: really pumped for this one. Hope it's living up to the hype.

- To Your Eternity: Guaranteed to emotionally take a wrecking ball to my heart, not sure if I can handle it.

As for sequels;

- Attack On Titan: whenever it finally gets rolling, guaranteed purchase

- Re:Zero S-2: guaranteed purchase

- Zombieland Saga S-2: YES!!!

- SSSSSSS... etc Dynazenon: (follow-up to Gridman)

- Demon Slayer: waiting for the film to drop on Blu

I've left a few off the table with hopes you folk will mention some.

Cheers my friends!  😀

• Thanks 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks very much for your post @Squeegie McGee🙂

Indeed, nice titles!

Should you ever wish to view some new titles in the pipe presented with a bit of a comedic flare, I'd be pleased to suggest three V-Tubers that have been in the Anime game a very long time and have a pretty good finger on the pulse of the industry;

Gigguk:

https://www.youtube.com/user/gigguk

Mother's Basement:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBs2Y3i14e1NWQxOGliatmg

Glass Reflection:

https://www.youtube.com/user/GRArkada

I'd also highly recommend going through some of their previous uploads, as I've almost had heart failure a few times laughing so hard at their presentations.

Cheers my friend(s)...😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Grendel said:

Thanks very much for your post @Squeegie McGee🙂

Indeed, nice titles!

Should you ever wish to view some new titles in the pipe presented with a bit of a comedic flare, I'd be pleased to suggest three V-Tubers that have been in the Anime game a very long time and have a pretty good finger on the pulse of the industry;

Gigguk:

https://www.youtube.com/user/gigguk

Mother's Basement:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBs2Y3i14e1NWQxOGliatmg

Glass Reflection:

https://www.youtube.com/user/GRArkada

I'd also highly recommend going through some of their previous uploads, as I've almost had heart failure a few times laughing so hard at their presentations.

Cheers my friend(s)...😉

Thanks @Grendel! 🙂

• Like 1

Hi Folks;

I'll have some pics to post in a little bit, hopefully Monday but wanted to at least mention some new eds in the pipe.

Mostly from those "Plucky Brits" at AtA, Zavvi and AoL;

- Future Diary (Mirai Nikki): LE [AtA) upgrade from dvd so I thankfully missed that Funi travesty.

- Violet Evergarden ...Memory Doll (Film): LE [AoL], yes got the Funi ed.

- GitS: new 4K Steel, CE [Zavvi] 'cause, there is no such thing as too much GitS

- B: The Beginning: LE (it's a monster box with the book) down from $109Usd to $62Usd as of today, so couldn't walk past. [Amz.com]

- Castlevania: S-2, CE [Zavvi] concerned with what I've been hearing wrt S-3...hmmm

- Demon Slayer: S-1 Pt-2, LE [AtA] got the Yank Aniplex and Funis as well. Doubt I'll splurge quite as much for succeeding seasons though, heh.

- Madoka: 3-film CE, [RS] (I have the MVM ed already but hey! this is in a new shiny box!

- Madoka - Side Story: The sequel (sorta), LE, [RS]

- Emma: S-1 + S-2, amaray [RS] missed out on the beautiful book that came with the kick-starter...ah well.

- Memories: amaray [RS] so happy to see this old classic get a new breath of life! TYVM Discotech!

- Fate 😱 Stay Night: amaray (the Deen original) omg! what have I done!!! (actually, already have "Zero" but ya know where this is gonna lead...

- RahXephon: Steel, [Sentai]

- a few other assorted. 😉

You may not believe this, it happened to me and I don't believe it. I missed out on the "Made In Abyss" Film Trilogy Steel.

They sold out during the pre-order phase, at both Sentai and RightStuf and I thought, I had ordered it. Apparently... I did not...

Well, 2 of the fliks were series recaps but I LOVED the art on that Steel. If it comes back in stock (and I check every day) I'll grab it.

I also managed to send off another box to my wonderful Girls. 🥰 😍

You've seen the titles, in pics I've posted here.

KK, that's pretty good for now, I'd dearly love to hear about all the great purchases you folk have made as of late as well.

Cheers my friends 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Oh nice selection @Grendel, great to see you mentioning Rahxephon it is an amazing series and I need to get that Steelbook too

Come to me

tumblr_pbv8ysdvys1tndn6wo1_500.gifv

The Mirai Nikki look nice

MiraiNikki_frontrigid_shop_x1024.jpg?v=1

but since I just recently bought the German release I will pass, and I think they will have the Funimation version so with English Text in OP and ED 😭

Emma is also a wonderful series, very nice romance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good Evening @CAYENNE-FAHRER😀

I'm not certain at which items your query refers to Buddy.

If you are referring specifically to the "legend Of Kora" shows, I'd suggest because the action sequences, the artstry and the action packed pace would be the dominant features that make the series a stand-out.

I love, my Daughter loves it and my Grand-Daughter really loves it. As much as the "Avatar" series.

That's 3 generations of Anime fans all in agreement, so the show has gotta be doing something right.

Of course, I need highly rate its sibling series Avatar as well, hard to wrong getting both...heh.

Now, if your query is in fact, a more general consensus of why we like Anime in general, hence, 'what makes them so great', I'm sure everyone here could unpack their own script that details why we watch Anime.

As you mentioned to me a while back, you personally don't watch much Anime, but you enjoy contributing to our cool Anime Sub-Forum, down here in the basement, behind the old cardboard boxes filled with cat litter and octopus parts.

So with that in mind, I'll mention a few of my thoughts;

To begin, I think it's the vastly different story-lines and subjects that Anime can take and turn into a compelling watch, even if it's a subject you would normally have no interest in. Yes, I know some arcs can get repetitive, such as the isekai (other world) boom we seem to still be in, as well as the moe (CGDCT) trope that bless 'em, Kyoto Animation turned into a specific genre. But even then, the good ones put their own twists and turns in, that totally differentiate it and give it its own voice.

i.e. Re:Zero and Sword Art On-Line, are both isekai but worlds away in story style and character development.

Another reason, for me at least, is the intelligence, maturity and stye put into every episode of the really great ones.

Cowboy BeBop, Full Metal Alchemist, GitS, Berserk, Evangelion many others, are held in as much esteem by the fans, as those of say, Casablance, Silence of the Lambs,  Psycho or One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. They are verified Classics, because they earned that status.

Avengers Infinity War/End-game, Parasite, Lord Of The Rings, all recent and all classics already (though, LotR started as one).

Attack On Titan, Demon Slayer, My Hero Academia,  Shiki, or Pick a Ghibli, all relatively recent and all already considered classics in growth phase.

The sheer entertainment. Again, I'm only talking non repetitive, smartly written, gorgeously illustrated Anime  here to be fair.

I wouldn't suggest say, The Terrifier, Punch & Gun, Daddy's Home or The Suckling, as peak representatives of their genres so I'm not including say, Master of Ragnarok nor Ex-Arm to display Anime's best qualities.

So, Jujitsu Kaisen, AoT, Psycho Pass, Made In Abyss, Madoka, Garden of Sinners and even Demon Slayer, are ones that will fill the bill though.

Ya like popcorn? Ever try to eat just 3 hot buttered pieces with a hint of salt then putting the rest away in the cupboard.

No, of course not, nobody has, only people that hate popcorn do that, what am I talking bout...

Oh yeah, entertainment. You will receive LOTS.

Ask the community here, or anywhere, (like a weed infestation, we're popping up everywhere).

The sakuga ("art in motion") will make most cgi look plebeian in execution.

Coupled with often, a pretty damn intense plot, you soon come to realize the attraction.

Of course, there's just plain fun romps too, like Konosuba, Zombieland Saga, Hellsing and Jo-Jo (ref made, heh) but even these will want you ensuring you've got access to every damn episode.

Finally. It's all a breath of fresh air!

I've made no secret of my disdain for much of the mundane or intelligence insulting releases from Hollywood, the BBC or whatever the hell  De Laurentiis and others are providing lately, so it can be a real pep-up to my mood often to sit down and just enjoy a series or film that is totally different, in thought, word and assuredly, deed.

Well now my friend, since I wasn't expected to provide a Massey Hall Lecture on the topic, please forgive my pedantic rambling but I had a few points in fact I wanted to share with all our friends here at MP that enjoy this niche art style.

Hopefully, you'll trial out a few shows yourself Buddy.

If you do, a number of the pages here, could possibly help you select some?

Cheers! 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Evening My Friends;  🙂

I thought I might take this opportunity to share a pic of some lovely new ( well, relatively new...) eds to my collection.

I suspect, if I wasn't quite so quick to pass forward my eds to my wonderful Girls so quickly, it would slow down my triple dipping but well, yeah, there we are...;

After a bit of a Bun-fight with AoL over whatever happened to my initial order for Sam Champ, I received the replacement Steel.

Listing:

- Samurai Champloo, MVM, Steel
- 5 Cents Per Second, AtA, Steel
- Kids Lost Voices, AtA, Steel
- Nichijou, Funi, amaray Esent.
- Goblin Slayer, S-1, Manga, amaray
- MiA, Funi, amaray (back-up for my LE)
- Where's god? Funi, amaray

image.thumb.jpeg.cf303e03ca65283789d8843c4f821b09.jpeg

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
27 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Sorry @deckard99;

Did not know it would do that.

Rectified. 🙂

edit: the reason I also posted there, is because they have a very strong Anime community that chats about the associated topics every day.

I shall not make that mistake again, assuredly...🙂

@Grendel no worries! I never said we were "exclusive" 😉

Fred Armisen Love GIF by IFC

• Haha 1

Thanks @deckard99😉

I do wish we had a tiny bit more participation here wrt Anime but I can understand when the "popular kids" get the limelight, heh.

I try my best to keep the blood flowing down here in the basement, behind the old cardboard boxes ...🤡

I think I'm gonna need more bug-spray though... yeah, that's be great...

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
On 6/11/2021 at 5:27 AM, Grendel said:

Good Evening My Friends;  🙂

I thought I might take this opportunity to share a pic of some lovely new ( well, relatively new...) eds to my collection.

I suspect, if I wasn't quite so quick to pass forward my eds to my wonderful Girls so quickly, it would slow down my triple dipping but well, yeah, there we are...;

After a bit of a Bun-fight with AoL over whatever happened to my initial order for Sam Champ, I received the replacement Steel.

Listing:

- Samurai Champloo, MVM, Steel
- 5 Cents Per Second, AtA, Steel
- Kids Lost Voices, AtA, Steel
- Nichijou, Funi, amaray Esent.
- Goblin Slayer, S-1, Manga, amaray
- MiA, Funi, amaray (back-up for my LE)
- Where's god? Funi, amaray

image.thumb.jpeg.cf303e03ca65283789d8843c4f821b09.jpeg

🥰

Great selection of new arrivals 😍.

I finally got my AtA MSG Seed Ultimate Boxset (after 9 month), sadly one corners is crushed (that is why I still not posted a picture). I'm currently thinking about if I return for a replacement or not. I had hoped they could simply send me replacement parts (but they don't do that). Now with UK no longer in the EU the return process would be more complicated, especially dealing with customs 😥. And who knows if the replacement will arrive in good condition. Was super disappointed when I got this after so long, only to discover it is damaged. 

• Sad 2