IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

Good Evening @extantsrevenge and all my Anime Loving Friends;  😀

Oh, man, I'm so saddened to hear of your Boxset arriving damaged my Buddy.

That can be so incredibly frustrating, I know and considering the cost, it can certainly sour your expectations for future purchases.

I do believe that AtA are quite good at honouring their commitment to customer satisfaction and I would certainly send them an email querying if they are willing to assist with this. A simple email certainly would not hurt and it may possibly make things right. Worth a try Nils. 🙂

I had opportunity today to engage in one of the best phone calls I've had in a very long time.

My Grand-Daughter called me today, to thank me for the latest box of treasures that arrived.

A mixture of crying (in happiness) and profuse thanks over sending some Anime that she so dearly loves and appreciates, it came close to having me blubbering like an old fool, receiving such affection and praise.

I honestly don't give a damn what things cost in the long run when I receive a call like this.

They can throw dirt on top of me tomorrow and I can be content knowing I've made someone I so dearly love, so happy. 🥰

There's a lot of new titles coming down the pipe in the near future I'm very excited for and I've book-marked a page worth of site-posts mentioning release dates and such.

There are also some pretty cool sales anticipated for the Summer, from RightStuf, Sentai, TOM, Funimation, Discotech, et al, so be on watch my friends!

The big hitters, like Jujitsu Kaisen, Vinland Saga, MHA S-5, Zombieland Saga S-2, Made In Abyss S-2, and all the new releases are potentially going to make this year a pricey one for those of us buying Blus.

Not to mention the anticipated release of the re-mastered Neon Genesis Evangelion, Attack On Titan Final, New Demon Slayer, Chainsaw Man, MORE Fate and a host of others.

I hope your wallets have been eating healthy, 'cause they are gonna need their strength and stamina in the near future!

Cheers my friends and if you've picked up a few new adds, please share your wealth with the rest of us! 😍

• Like 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

So I promised @Grendel I would post my next anime arrivals also in this section and here we go 😄

The Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Ultimate Edition had a long delay, so after 9 month it has finally arrived... damaged 🙄. One corner has a larger dent. All the Anime offered me to send it back for a replacement, but with Bexit and all the trouble it would make, I did not do that. They gave me a Discount Code for my next purchase as compensation, which is nice.

Also got Mobile Suit Gundam F91 Collector's Edition and 3 very nice Steelbooks for Perfect Blue, A Silent Voice and Millennium Actress.   The 3 Steelbooks are from France, since they are not released nowhere else, I had to get them (even with French J-Card 😅), The text on the Steelbooks is english, so perfectly fine for any Collection, and they are stunning 😍

Newsteelbook 354 - Media Psychos - Perfect Blue Steelbook - Gundam Seed Ultimate

• Like 4

@extantsrevenge @Grendel @FN-2187 @Steelbook_Movielover  @ksosk @Terje Iversen @DarthEd

Not only the online retailer Amazon.de has started a multibuy campaign with Anime as part of “Prime Day 2021”, but there is also a corresponding “3 for 2” offer at Anime-Planet.de at the same time. While the promotion on Amazon is only valid for Prime members, anyone can strike at Anime-Planet.de. You can choose from almost 900 articles with release dates up to and including March 2021. When you buy 3 articles of your choice, the cheapest product is available free of charge. The maximum discount of 33% can therefore be achieved if you order 3 products from the same price segment, if possible. The promotion at Anime-Planet.de is valid until July 4th, 2021 and no voucher code has to be entered  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks much for the announced bargains @CAYENNE-FAHRER😀

I doubt it would still be financially, viably worthwhile for me to import from there but I'll check it out.

Great news for our European Brethren though!

Thank-you as well @extantsrevenge for providing a wonderful pic of your new grabs.

As I've mentioned previous, very sad to here about the condition of your G-Seed ed but happy to hear that AtA provided some compensation at least. They are great folks and are one of the few distributors that truly want to still provide great service to their customers. Something that RightStuf as of late, can not be quite as reliable for.

I love the art on the G-F91 spec ed as well and have heard it's even nicer in hand.

Those Steels are drop dead gorgeous! 😍

I'm especially pleased with the vibrant colours on the "A Silent Voice" Steel! 

I know some folks are not quite as thrilled with the framing of the art on it and "Perfect Blue" but I personally think it adds a distinctive look to them and if I did not already own ~3 copies of each, I'd no doubt consider importing. 😉

I also have the AtA spec ed (+ an amaray) for "Millennium Actress" and since it's the same art, I'm good but very pleased to see you score it.

Thanks again Buddy! 🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 4

Good Afternoon @LeGonze and my other Anime loving Friends;  😀

I personally enjoy all 3 series for which you've highlighted the forthcoming SteelBook releases.

Darling In The Franxx:  Is a noteworthy sci-fi adventure very similar ( some say far TOO similar) to Evangelion whereas we have young teen mech drivers that serve to combat evil kaiju that are invading earth. It has some unique beats and the waifus are cute as hell, especially 02 (the sweetie on the red cover pictured).

Sadly, the ending was extremely rushed and took a truly bizarre turn into the ludicrous but prior to that, it's a fun series. (recommended with caveats mentioned).

Goblin Slayer: is as most know, an RPG styled Fantasy show with typical D&D type characters. The main character (hard to call him an actual protagonist) The Goblin Slayer is ruthless in his desires to exterminate Goblins and the crew of sidekicks hesitatingly elect to side with him on some excursions.

Following the rather controversial fist episode that lit the anime community on fire (mission accomplished, heh) it settled into a more familiar routine.

It's a good show and though I only own the first season, I'll eventually pick up the rest. Nice Steel! I may grab that. (recommended but again, with noted issues).

Rahxephon: is an older show (2002, via 'Bones') that is very much beloved by many. Another Mech show in the same vein as Evangelion once more, with an older teen protagonist trying to save the world. I own the dvd CE set but will probably grab that lovely Steel as well. Highly recommended (in some iteration, that Steel is rather pricey).

Cheers my Buddy!  😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Good Afternoon @LeGonze and my other Anime loving Friends;  😀

I personally enjoy all 3 series for which you've highlighted the forthcoming SteelBook releases.

Darling In The Franxx:  Is a noteworthy sci-fi adventure very similar ( some say far TOO similar) to Evangelion whereas we have young teen mech drivers that serve to combat evil kaiju that are invading earth. It has some unique beats and the waifus are cute as hell, especially 02 (the sweetie on the red cover pictured).

Sadly, the ending was extremely rushed and took a truly bizarre turn into the ludicrous but prior to that, it's a fun series. (recommended with caveats mentioned).

Goblin Slayer: is as most know, an RPG styled Fantasy show with typical D&D type characters. The main character (hard to call him an actual protagonist) The Goblin Slayer is ruthless in his desires to exterminate Goblins and the crew of sidekicks hesitatingly elect to side with him on some excursions.

Following the rather controversial fist episode that lit the anime community on fire (mission accomplished, heh) it settled into a more familiar routine.

It's a good show and though I only own the first season, I'll eventually pick up the rest. Nice Steel! I may grab that. (recommended but again, with noted issues).

Rahxephon: is an older show (2002, via 'Bones') that is very much beloved by many. Another Mech show in the same vein as Evangelion once more, with an older teen protagonist trying to save the world. I own the dvd CE set but will probably grab that lovely Steel as well. Highly recommended (in some iteration, that Steel is rather pricey).

Cheers my Buddy!  😀

Amazing post as always my Good Friend!!... I appreciate it!! ^_^;)

I think I will take a chance with Goblin Slayer as I do like that Steelbook... 9_9

I'm very intrigued by DitF but if the ending is not that good I could not spend that money there.

Same thing for Rahxephon... I do want to watch it but I'll wait for a discount... Hahaa... Also like the Steelbook design very much... I'll keep an eye on that one... xD

By the way, I finished Demon Slayer S1... Waiting for a good physical release of the movie (Do we have dates??) as I haven't seen it and also S2.

I'm still watching Black Clover... I enjoy this one very very very much... I like it more than DS... I think it's super fun!!... Funny as hell and very entertaining... xD;)

• Like 2

With the way DS: Mugen Train has lit up the entire entertainment industry, I suspect the Blu release will be on the bloody 6 o'clock news...😉

In truth, still no official word on a NA or Euro release date yet. I'm confident it will be this year and of course, when I hear word on it or the other variety of new shows in the pipe, I'll mention it here. 🙂

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying "Black Clover" my Buddy. It's one of my G-D's fave shows (and she has excellent taste!).

RightStuf is holding their annual Birthday sale right now. Not a huge amount of noted titles discounted but a few gems, enough to make it worth a look.

In typical fashion, I suspect their 2nd week will see some big hitters added to the mix, so if there's little of interest right now, check back beginning Sunday and onward.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Grendel said:

With the way DS: Mugen Train has lit up the entire entertainment industry, I suspect the Blu release will be on the bloody 6 o'clock news...😉

I agree... Hahaa...

Beautiful animation on this one... Can't wait to watch that movie quality!!...

7001b3c7a18a3280d3a0c929958f22ebde95ae59

12 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I'm glad to hear you are enjoying "Black Clover" my Buddy. It's one of my G-D's fave shows (and she has excellent taste!).

I do!!... Love all those characters!!... Asta, Yuno, Yami and all the Black Bulls... Everyone!!... Hahaa...

Black-Clover-Season-3-release-date-confi

19 minutes ago, Grendel said:

RightStuf is holding their annual Birthday sale right now. Not a huge amount of noted titles discounted but a few gems, enough to make it worth a look.

In typical fashion, I suspect their 2nd week will see some big hitters added to the mix, so if there's little of interest right now, check back beginning Sunday and onward.

I'll keep an eye on this!!.. Hope there is something good... :D;)

• Like 1

Oh, btw, @LeGonze, I guess I should mention that apparently the movie DS: Mugen Train is available on a few streaming services in NA ( I received an advert from Amz. Prime in fact) however, I'm of the thought we would be doing ourselves a disservice watching it in such a tawdry format.

I'm more than comfortable awaiting the Blu release and I'm sure Aniplex will provide a stellar LE or CE release for it.

Mind, that will not be cheap but either is this hobby, heh.

For a more reasonable price, I anticipate AtA will also release it in a lovely CE but of course, that also means Region B, which I recommend our Euro Bros keep watch for.

But don't worry folks, I'll also be watching for you. 😉

Cheers.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Oh, btw, @LeGonze, I guess I should mention that apparently the movie DS: Mugen Train is available on a few streaming services in NA ( I received an advert from Amz. Prime in fact)

Oh Yeah!! I got also some notifications from iTunes. But just like you, I still want to wait for a Physical Release… 😬😬

Let us know who and when they release these CE/SE/LE!! 😬😬😉😉

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
7 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Nice Steelbooks, I think I dropped Darling after 1 or 2 episodes 😅, I can't really remember.

Goblin Slayer was entertaining, but more a 1 time watch. I was disappointed by the recent movie they made, still hoping for a second season.

Rahxephon comes with my highest recommendations. It is an amazing series with absolutely stunning animations. The movie that is also included is a alternate retelling and sadly not very good. The Steelbook looks so awesome and I'm getting that for sure.

5 hours ago, Grendel said:

I recently saw that it has become the most successful Japanese movie of all time 😲. I did not see this yet, but now I have to check out the series and movie.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

I think I dropped Darling after 1 or 2 episodes 😅, I can't really remember.

Yeah… Maybe I’ll wstch it on streaming before and then make a decision… 😬😬

8 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Goblin Slayer was entertaining, but more a 1 time watch. I was disappointed by the recent movie they made, still hoping for a second season.

I usually watch thing 1 time and then something else. There’s soooo many tjings to watch today!! 😅😅 I will give it a try as I like the Steelbook. 😬😉

9 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Rahxephon comes with my highest recommendations. It is an amazing series with absolutely stunning animations. The movie that is also included is a alternate retelling and sadly not very good. The Steelbook looks so awesome and I'm getting that for sure.

You get me excited!! Haha… I’ll wait for a discount tho… I waited for a discount of Akame Ga Kill Steelbook and got it a couple months after release date… 😬😬

• Like 2

By the way @extantsrevenge,

what happened to that AoT Jumbo Steelbook release from Germany I think…??? 😬😬

Is it oit yet?? How can I get it?? 😅😅

AoT is definitely a show that I can watch over and over. I’ve seen it 3 times now, and maybe a 4th waiting for the last part of last season… 😬😬

Im getting obsessed. And I’m happy, I haven’t been obsessed with something in a long long time.

image.gif.231270f247748b7627d666dda2ac928b.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• ★ Administrators ★

I created a release topic here

It is out already. Was recently reduced to around 70€. The amazon Exclusive is the Blu-ray Version, I discovered on the weekend that there is also a DVD Version released from Media Markt/Saturn, so on the secondary marked you have to be careful.

I did not buy this yet. The Jumbo Steelbook is not blowing me away 😅

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

I created a release topic here

It is out already. Was recently reduced to around 70€. The amazon Exclusive is the Blu-ray Version, I discovered on the weekend that there is also a DVD Version released from Media Markt/Saturn, so on the secondary marked you have to be careful.

I did not buy this yet. The Jumbo Steelbook is not blowing me away 😅

Hahaa… I totally forgot about that Thread!! I was starting second season there… 😅😅

And Yup… It’s still expensive and doesn’t look that great… But I want it!! 😅😅 Decisions Decisions…

Also language audio and subs is a con… 😓

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good Afternoon @LeGonze and my other Anime loving friends;  😀

Nice pick-ups Buddy!  🤩

One Punch Man: is an extremely popular and much loved shonen, so I think you will very much enjoy it.

The whole premise of the Protag being able to defeat whomever he fights 'in one punch', made folks at first consider just how interesting the battles could be with such a quick and decisive ability.

The creator wisely set the focus more on how Saitama (OP Man) interacts with those he meets and the plot set-ups for how the villain confrontations would impact the 'World' in which it all takes place. The fighting, though spectacular and breathtaking in design, is more a side-dish, humorous as well as tense, since Saitama is frequently frustrated by the fact he is so damn good!

The first season was produced by "Madhouse" and together with the sibling show "Mob Psycho 100" did much to promote their impeccable art style and plot pacing.

The second season, was handed over to studio "J.C. Staff", which though certainly a competent and much beloved production House courtesy of such hits as the "Food Wars" franchise, and the "DanMachi" (Girl In A Dungeon) series to name only a couple of a vast many, most folks are of the opinion the artwork suffered to a degree, though the Sakuga (fighting scenes) remained strong.

I've yet to hear of a third season in prep but I do anticipate one.

Those spec eds, while pricey, also contain many/all? of the OVAs for the series so the best ones to get.

Highly recommended!  😍

No Game No Life: oh man, I could talk for a long time about this series but I'll try to keep this brief.

Another stellar work provided by "Madhouse", the series was very generously received by most Anime fans and for a change, both the Manga and Light Novel enthusiasts were fully onboard with the adaptation.

The artwork is of course the most dominant feature of the production, with an incredible visual palette utilizing garish, almost neon colours to enhance the worldscapes.

The main characters, Sora and Shiro are gasp! "transported to another world" 😉.

As one of the earlier isekais, it was given more leniency than succeeding shows with this premise, as it came out before a certain 'Sword Show' hammered the concept into the trope it has become.

All of the characters in the show are admirably fleshed out and the premise, that our main protags are the ultimate gaming duo that have never been beat, are sent to this world by its reigning 'god' to help settle long fuming disputes by virtue of game-play instead of combat, is a novel and unique consideration.

Some folks are a bit turned off by the loli focused sex inuendos but imho, it has never 'crossed the line' and remains wholesome to the end.

Shiro, the younger of the sibling duet is a straight out tease with her brother Sora but again, it gets weird but not creepy.

Many, including me, are frustrated that a second season has yet to appear but I think we eventually will get one. The show was just too damned successful to fade into the sunset completely.

We did at least, get a movie spin-off; "No Game No Life; Zero" which is equally admired ( more so by some) that takes place in that world's far distant past (6000 years!) and yet, has intimate links to many of the series characters, the two protags (Riku and Schwi) providing the stories focus.

I have the (very rare and valuable) initial CE of the Series, the standard amaray and of course, that gorgeous Steel.

I also have the CE, the amaray and the very beautiful Steel of the Film NGNL:0 as well (which I believe is included in the Steel you purchased).

I also purchased the incredible figure sets of Shiro and Schwi, each display the adorable girls playing Chess

Both the series and film come Highly Recommended (by me at least, heh)  🥰

Cheers Buddy!

Oh! btw, Sentai have initiated their 'Summer Sale' and looks like a few bargains are in the mix.

Link;

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/

And, as you've already discovered, RightStuf is beginning week 2 of their own sale.

Link;

https://www.rightstufanime.com/

👍

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Good Afternoon @LeGonze and my other Anime loving friends;  😀

Nice pick-ups Buddy!  🤩

One Punch Man: is an extremely popular and much loved shonen, so I think you will very much enjoy it.

The whole premise of the Protag being able to defeat whomever he fights 'in one punch', made folks at first consider just how interesting the battles could be with such a quick and decisive ability.

The creator wisely set the focus more on how Saitama (OP Man) interacts with those he meets and the plot set-ups for how the villain confrontations would impact the 'World' in which it all takes place. The fighting, though spectacular and breathtaking in design, is more a side-dish, humorous as well as tense, since Saitama is frequently frustrated by the fact he is so damn good!

The first season was produced by "Madhouse" and together with the sibling show "Mob Psycho 100" did much to promote their impeccable art style and plot pacing.

The second season, was handed over to studio "J.C. Staff", which though certainly a competent and much beloved production House courtesy of such hits as the "Food Wars" franchise, and the "DanMachi" (Girl In A Dungeon) series to name only a couple of a vast many, most folks are of the opinion the artwork suffered to a degree, though the Sakuga (fighting scenes) remained strong.

I've yet to hear of a third season in prep but I do anticipate one.

Those spec eds, while pricey, also contain many/all? of the OVAs for the series so the best ones to get.

Highly recommended!  😍

No Game No Life: oh man, I could talk for a long time about this series but I'll try to keep this brief.

Another stellar work provided by "Madhouse", the series was very generously received by most Anime fans and for a change, both the Manga and Light Novel enthusiasts were fully onboard with the adaptation.

The artwork is of course the most dominant feature of the production, with an incredible visual palette utilizing garish, almost neon colours to enhance the worldscapes.

The main characters, Sora and Shiro are gasp! "transported to another world" 😉.

As one of the earlier isekais, it was given more leniency than succeeding shows with this premise, as it came out before a certain 'Sword Show' hammered the concept into the trope it has become.

All of the characters in the show are admirably fleshed out and the premise, that our main protags are the ultimate gaming duo that have never been beat, are sent to this world by its reigning 'god' to help settle long fuming disputes by virtue of game-play instead of combat, is a novel and unique consideration.

Some folks are a bit turned off by the loli focused sex inuendos but imho, it has never 'crossed the line' and remains wholesome to the end.

Shiro, the younger of the sibling duet is a straight out tease with her brother Sora but again, it gets weird but not creepy.

Many, including me, are frustrated that a second season has yet to appear but I think we eventually will get one. The show was just too damned successful to fade into the sunset completely.

We did at least, get a movie spin-off; "No Game No Life; Zero" which is equally admired ( more so by some) that takes place in that world's far distant past (6000 years!) and yet, has intimate links to many of the series characters, the two protags (Riku and Schwi) providing the stories focus.

I have the (very rare and valuable) initial CE of the Series, the standard amaray and of course, that gorgeous Steel.

I also have the CE, the amaray and the very beautiful Steel of the Film NGNL:0 as well (which I believe is included in the Steel you purchased).

I also purchased the incredible figure sets of Shiro and Schwi, each display the adorable girls playing Chess

Both the series and film come Highly Recommended (by me at least, heh)  🥰

Cheers Buddy!

Wow... I'm always amazed by the great responses you give us all the time!! :o

I really appreciate it Sensei!! :D;)

Now I'm more excited to receive and watch these series!!... xD

28 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Oh! btw, Sentai have initiated their 'Summer Sale' and looks like a few bargains are in the mix.

Link;

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/

Oh Maaaaan!!... Now I want to make an order here!!!... xDxD

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much for your kind words @LeGonze😊

I just consider, if a topic is worth discussing, the info might as well be beneficial, heh. 😉

Just for giggles, I thought I'd display a pic of my No Game No Life Collection.

I've posted it before but can't recall exactly where, so figure this is as good a time as any to resurrect it;

image.thumb.jpeg.31ac9605d4c4be01076cbd7ca747b299.jpeg

Cheers my friend! 🥰

hint: left clicking on the pic provides a better viewing experience.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Thanks very much for your kind words @LeGonze😊

I just consider, if a topic is worth discussing, the info might as well be beneficial, heh. 😉

Just for giggles, I thought I'd display a pic of my No Game No Life Collection.

I've posted it before but can't recall exactly where, so figure this is as good a time as any to resurrect it;

image.thumb.jpeg.31ac9605d4c4be01076cbd7ca747b299.jpeg

Cheers my friend! 🥰

Holy Guacamole!!! 😱😱😱

That is an Impressive Collection!! I think what I got is the Steelbook you have there on the lower left side right?? Oh man!! That is amazing!!

Now I’m more excited to get this one!! 😅😅😅

• Thanks 1

Thank-you, once more, for your very kind words @LeGonze☺️

As evident, I took a shine to this show and have the fun (albeit expensive) habit of pursuing nice collectables for shows that mean a bit more than the norm to me.

Indeed, as mentioned, the Steel you purchased is the same as I display in the bottom left corner of the pic.

It should come with a lovely, clear PET sleeve on the Steel for added protection.

As I stated, the Steel includes the film NGNL:0 so you will have it all with this one purchase.

The CE (for the series), also contains the wonderful OST on cds.

The large Book in the centre of the pic is a compendium of the original artwork for the show(s) and is truly breathtaking.

Below it, are vols 1 of both the Manga and the Light Novel.

Bottom right, is the stand-alone Steel for NGNL:0 that is a beautiful add-on but as stated, you will receive the film in your Steel, so not a mandatory purchase.

Once I get my (in the works) media room library finished, I hope to display the two cute girls, Shiro and Schwi playing Chess together in one of the display cases.

Great time to be an Anime fan, right Buddy?

Cheers!

• Thanks 1