IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

So, as far as new releases go, I have one for the offering;

- Fruits Basket; S-2 Pt-1 (LE) box set;

Name:  FB S2 Pt1 LE RH  25.jpg Views: 77 Size:  24.7 KB

Name:  FB S2Pt1,LE LHside  20.JPG Views: 77 Size:  92.1 KB

Name:  FB S2Pt1,LE rear   25.jpg Views: 77 Size:  39.8 KB

I was of course so absolutley THRILLED that Amazoo elected to just stick it in a plastic bag for shipping!
Not a padded one mind, just a plain flimsy gray one.
Miraculously, It arrived unscathed.

(I'd normally open it folks but this is a gift for my G-D and she loves opening new stuff, so...yeah).

However...

I stole some pics from a buddy (thanx MysticWaterfall) to show the inside; 🙂

JODIxKp.jpg

WFfEcXe.jpg

If they stay on track for a 5 edition series, they should all fit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

INFO !!!!!

@Grendel  @extantsrevenge

Kazé, a label known for its anime releases, has released three faulty Blu-ray products. In "We Never Learn - Season 2 - Vol. 1" (Japan 2019) "We Never Learn - Vol. 2" (Japan 2019) was accidentally pressed onto the disc. You can report those affected with proof of ownership (photo or invoice) at info@kaze-online.de and receive a replacement as soon as it is available. In "Sailor Moon R - 2nd Season" (Japan 1992) one episode is missing, but another one is available twice. Please send an email with proof and your address to sailormoon-ausch@kaze-online.de. However, a new press is not expected before the end of February. "Attack on Titan - 3rd Season - Vol. 1" (Japan 2018) is already the second exchange campaign. The replacement disc contains the wrong clear opening. Again, please write to info@kaze-online.de.

Edited by CAYENNE-FAHRER
  • Thanks 3

So, trying to decide where to place my 3K Post came down to a pretty easy choice.

Taking the opportunity to share new treasures!

I received some lovely new eds from both sides The Pond;

- Weathering With You; AtA 4-disc spec ed (via Zavvi) [includes the OST on disc) [I also have the Korean ed forthcoming]
- Konosuba; S-1; AtA spec ed (via AoL) [funniest Isekai I've seen, highly recommended]
- BoogiePop and Others; Funi, slipped! [This one is a mind-bender, so hard to recommend but if you like mysteries and hard scifi/fantasy, it's glorious]
- Vamp Hunter 😧 Bloodlust; AtA spec ed. (2nd copy, for my Girls) [Highly recommended, as is the previous series. That Amano art is frameable]
- Kiznaiver; AtA (amaray, via AoL) [1st viewing so will need to speak more to it later but has a huge devout audience]

image.thumb.jpeg.332c67cae6f9801516699a84839e6f9b.jpeg

🥰

😍

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Congratulations Congrats GIF

3000 posts, that is awesome @Grendel. Nice edition you received, I'm still waiting on my Weathering with You Special Edition.

I'm not sure about the picture issue. Uploads to MP should normally always work, not sure about linking to other sites, it could be that a link is out of date or changed somehow, that imagies are not showing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

^^ Ta,  @extantsrevenge 😀

Funny enough, the pics that have disappeared all came directly from my home files (they are my pics, heh), so not sure why this has happened.

I'll give it a day to see if it self corrects, as not ALL my pics have vanished.

If some are still missing then, I'll re-load them buddy.

Yeah, I was pretty excited to see that WWY dlxe ed from Zavvi come in.

Like MOST anime CEs, they sold really fast.

The Anime fan base may be small in comparison to other film/show types but it is certainly rabid when it comes to scoring spec eds.

I was also ecstatic to receive the UK CE of Konosuba S-1 (though I understand it's not exactly "S-Tier" on your list, heh).

I'm still waiting for my latest Sentai box to show, I know it has been shipped at least.

It predominantly, shows for my Girls but there's a couple in it for me as well.

I'll (hopefully!) post pics on arrival 'natch.

Cheers.

• Like 2

So Here's hoping these pics stay up.

Not sure what is going on with some of my earlier ones.

They all come from the same source, my "C" drive so I would think either all or none would show.

Anyway...

I received the Weathering With You CE from Kimchi today.

I purchased the Blue set that includes the OST on a separate disc.

Not sure why the OST was packed outside the box, for room I guess but at least they put it in a nice plastic cd holder.

Also received a gorgeous Poster with it, that I'll be sending to my Girls of course.

I included the AtA 4 disc CE in the pic just for ref;

image.thumb.jpeg.e9f2739c279caa5a875ad5fcb47dad1e.jpeg

🤩

edit: so apparently, that outlier disc for the Korean WWY is not the OST, the OST is in the box.

The extra disc, is a re-issue disc of the Home Video Master release, as the original inside the box, is the Theatrical Master (which was not quite of the same high quality). I've seen screen-shots of both and it is quite evident the new disc is superior. So glad they waited until the new disc came in before shipping!

note: - if you bought the 4K Korean ed, you automatically get the new disc.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

Well now, my Sentai Christmas order finally landed!

A fair sized box with lots inside, from a really good sale.

First up, for my beautiful Girls;
- K-On; set
- Bang Dream
- Mysteria Friends; (I'll watch 1st, if I like, I'll get the CE)
- Wakaba Girl
- Komugi R
- Taisho Baseball
- Food Wars; S-2 (I guess S-1 is awaiting restock)
- Princess Principal; (I have the CE and LOVE it!)
- Long Riders
- Locodol

image.thumb.jpeg.060c3174bbfdc7d19d0011585fb407b6.jpeg

🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Next, a few for my own collection ( though some may end up with my Girls);
- Chihayafuru; S-1, S-2
- Lupin III, The First; Steel
- Psycho Pass; S-2
- Millenium Actress; amaray ( awaiting AoL CE)
- Human Lost; film
- Noir; FINALLY!
- Panty & Stocking [with garter Belt]; FINALLY!

image.thumb.jpeg.da65e16e93e5119e95d17a93075b61f1.jpeg

🤩

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Wow @Grendel now that are some awesome arrivals

b75f2c027971a82e62447a836466aa34.gif

I really like K-On and honestly Chihayafuru is one of the best anime series of all time. Who would have thought that a Series about Karuta (Japanese Card Game) would be such a masterpiece.

Chihaya the Main Girl is one of my favorite characters in Anime 😃

tenor.gif

so funny, lovely and simply amazing.

chihayafuru-gif-02.gif

Your Psycho Pass arrival reminds me that I still have to watch S3 and the movies before that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi @extantsrevenge; and all my other friends;  🙂

Thanks, I've been quite fortunate recently, having a plethora of titles to choose from that are not just good shows, but in many cases, excellent shows.

Shows that I'm finding far more entertaining, thought provoking and significantly better written, than I've seen coming out of Hollywood as of late.

I always had plans for picking up Chihayafuru and was just hoping that I would be able to get the CEs for a relatively nice price.

Fortunately, Sentai had them as part of their last sale.

I hope to spin it up this week.

I essentially picked up Lupin III: The First, blind because ooohhh! shiny!

Heh, actually it is a gorgeous looking Steel and though there are an intimidating amount of sequels/serials in the Lupin universe, I wanted to at least watch one that I didn't need to read a Game Of Thrones sized playbook for, before viewing.

I very much enjoyed S-1 of Psycho Pass. Hopefully I find the remainder of the series as interesting.

I have a couple of other newer ones still in the pipe but I'm quite well off with shows to enjoy right now.

All the best to everyone, let me know which new ones you all are excited to see, when you have a moment to spare.

Cheers.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Trianna and @extantsrevenge😊

I thought I'd put this query in a relatively obscure place and well um, the Anime Threads seem to be rather that...

I was curious if there was intent for creating a Secret Santa 2020 award?

No biggie, just curious.

I think we had an excellent turnout for the latest and would love to celebrate it with a cool icon on the Bar, heh.

KK, more Anime to follow soon.... 😉

• Haha 3

• ★ Administrators ★
36 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I thought I'd put this query in a relatively obscure place and well um, the Anime Threads seem to be rather that...

No biggie, just curious.

I think we had an excellent turnout for the latest and would love to celebrate it with a cool icon on the Bar, heh.

63288ec10cedbb9146627535d2711a7a.gif

Yes 😍

tumblr_pjqv44paDv1u9vcpoo1_500.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Grendel said:

No biggie, just curious.

Oh boy if you knew what @extantsrevenge plans are in the award direction...

secret tom cruise GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Folks!

Welcome back to Grendel's Anime Picture Gallery...😉

Today we have a few neat releases, courtesy of "All The Anime" (AtA) and a couple other houses;

- Millennium Actress; AtA spec ed, has a lovely poster & book in it also) [back cover shown]
- The Promised Neverland; AtA spec ed, S-1 (gorgeous book!) [back cover shown]
- Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress; Funi Esntls, S-1 (yes, I know about this show's limitations)
- Cells At Work; MVM, S-1 (I thought it would have a nice slip at least)

image.thumb.jpeg.a0ffb6e338c97ba52a430e8bb3b54f8b.jpeg

note: I had to slice about a cm of paper off the paper back-slips of the AtAs to fit the sheets in the boxes. No biggie.

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Next, we have some from both the UK and USA;

Pic 1:
- God Eater; MVM, Pts 1+2
- Granblue Fantasy; MVM, Pts 1+2
- RIN; Funi Esntls
- Gosick; Funi Esntls, full series
- Nobunagun; Funi Esntls
- Hyouka; Funi Esntls

Pic 2:
- Demon Slayer; AtA Spec Ed, S-1, Pt-1
- King of Pigs; Plain Archive spec ed #03 (a long hunt for this).

image.thumb.jpeg.febe83afd7613052d567d7537902b4ce.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a0e9c5e503393308b8462a81fb203be5.jpeg

It's a bit odd seeing AtA use the same art on their DS S-1,Pt-1 as Funi uses on their S-1,Pt-2. That's not confusing at all....

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Next, we have some from both the UK and USA;

Pic 1:
- God Eater; MVM, Pts 1+2
- Granblue Fantasy; MVM, Pts 1+2
- RIN; Funi Esntls
- Gosick; Funi Esntls, full series
- Nobunagun; Funi Esntls
- Hyouka; Funi Esntls

Pic 2:
- Demon Slayer; AtA Spec Ed, S-1, Pt-1
- King of Pigs; Plain Archive spec ed #03 (a long hunt for this).

image.thumb.jpeg.febe83afd7613052d567d7537902b4ce.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a0e9c5e503393308b8462a81fb203be5.jpeg

It's a bit odd seeing AtA use the same art on their DS S-1,Pt-1 as Funi uses on their S-1,Pt-2. That's not confusing at all....

🥰

Where did you get that Demon Slayer?? How “Special Edition” is?? 😬😬

By the way... Amazing pickups as always My Sensei!!... 😎🙏🏼🙏🏼

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Buddy; @LeGonze

The pic directly above of DS: S-1, Pt-1 is from "All The Anime" (AtA) based in the UK.

It is not quite as comprehensive as the "Aniplex" edition ( pic posted closer to top of page) but the master used is identical, so no loss of PQ/AQ at least.

It was also about half the price.

One must keep in mind however, that the majority of AtA titles, including this one, are Region B (Uk/Europe).

They are close to releasing the Pt-2 of S-1 shortly, which I'll pick up as well.

I also grabbed the Funimation sets ( Pts-1 + 2) from Amazon, for my Girls a while back, which also use the same discs.

Here's a link to AtA;

https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/

Cheers, my friend.

If you have any other queries, don't be shy...🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi Buddy; @LeGonze

The pic directly above of DS: S-1, Pt-1 is from "All The Anime" (AtA) based in the UK.

It is not quite as comprehensive as the "Aniplex" edition ( pic posted closer to top of page) but the master used is identical, so no loss of PQ/AQ at least.

It was also about half the price.

One must keep in mind however, that the majority of AtA titles, including this one, are Region B (Uk/Europe).

They are close to releasing the Pt-2 of S-1 shortly, which I'll pick up as well.

I also grabbed the Funimation sets ( Pts-1 + 2) from Amazon, for my Girls a while back, which also use the same discs.

Here's a link to AtA;

https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/

Cheers, my friend.

If you have any other queries, don't be shy...🙂

Oh Ok!! Great!! Thanks Sensei!! 😃😃

By the way!! Are you watching Attack on Titan Season 4??... Do you think we will get a Complete Series Special Edition or Steelbooks?? I been loving this one since you guys brought it up a few months ago!! 😬😅😅

I need a conplete special edition set!! How long do you think that would take?? 🤔🤔

Hi @LeGonze🙂

I do not have any cable or other streaming service, so I must await Blu-ray eds in order to see these fine shows.

I therefore have not seen any episodes of S-4 of AoT, though I do own the previous 3 seasons on disc.

Now, as each season was initially released on Blu, a CE was released for each, usually with the Pts-1 with room to insert the Pts-2.

I passed on these, for a couple of reasons;

- price was silly compared to the standard slipped Blus (which I did buy), and

- there's been talk of a Full Set of all seasons being released in a CE together, on completion of the show, for a very long time.

That, I intend to pick up and will then send my slipped amarays to my Girls.

I would suggest that awaiting the release of the full series in a CE may prove prudent to you as well, as chasing down the previous CEs for each season, would prove exorbitantly pricey at this time.

If you wish to own each season individually regardless, the amarays can still all be purchased at an Amazon site for a relatively modest sum.

Now, worth noting, there is no guarantee they will release a comprehensive set at completion of the 4th season, it's still only speculation at this time but there's a few folk I've chatted with that seem to have their finger on the pulse that feel it's gonna happen.  🙂

When?

Hopefully before the heat-death of our solar system...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @LeGonze🙂

I do not have any cable or other streaming service, so I must await Blu-ray eds in order to see these fine shows.

I therefore have not seen any episodes of S-4 of AoT, though I do own the previous 3 seasons on disc.

Now, as each season was initially released on Blu, a CE was released for each, usually with the Pts-1 with room to insert the Pts-2.

I passed on these, for a couple of reasons;

- price was silly compared to the standard slipped Blus (which I did buy), and

- there's been talk of a Full Set of all seasons being released in a CE together, on completion of the show, for a very long time.

That, I intend to pick up and will then send my slipped amarays to my Girls.

I would suggest that awaiting the release of the full series in a CE may prove prudent to you as well, as chasing down the previous CEs for each season, would prove exorbitantly pricey at this time.

If you wish to own each season individually regardless, the amarays can still all be purchased at an Amazon site for a relatively modest sum.

Now, worth noting, there is no guarantee they will release a comprehensive set at completion of the 4th season, it's still only speculation at this time but there's a few folk I've chatted with that seem to have their finger on the pulse that feel it's gonna happen.  🙂

When?

Hopefully before the heat-death of our solar system...

Awesome!!... Man I looove you super detailed responses!!... 😎;);)

Now... What exactly you mean by "CE Together"??

I do have Crunchyroll so there I'm watching these... There are 8 episodes released already... I'm at Ep3 tho... Hahaa... Totally looooove this series...

By the way... Netflix got tons of Anime too!!... I'm also watching Akame Ga Kill there and I've spent a good time... A little silly/goofy/"Sexy"/Bloody as tons of animes... But really like it... I'm at Ep12, I think another 13 to go there!!... I've been thinking of getting the Steelbook but not sure about paying $75 for that series... xD

• Like 2

Hi @LeGonze🙂

By "CE together", I suggest a Collector's Edition Box Set that contains all 4 seasons of AoT, in one comprehensive set.

Again, it's only supposition at this point but if the stars align, I think we'll get one.

This series blew the secret anime cult doors wide open to the general populace and when there's money involved, ya know they'll milk it for one more round...😉

Akame Ga Kill is cute, to be sure, but it has left a sour taste with some, due to the extreme divergence from the source manga it took, essentially creating their own story.

Mind, for folks who did not read the manga, that means nothing, so if you enjoy it, that's great!

As far as purchasing goes, only YOU can determine if something is worth your hard earned coin my friend.

I have the series in amaray and I'm content. 🙂 (actually, my Daughter has it now... still a little too risque for my G-D I think, heh)

There is a series called "Kill La Kill" also, that has a similar (albeit sparingly) plot-line and that series has rave reviews from most.

I have yet to pick it up myself yet but there's a lovely set at the company 'RightStuf' (USA) I'm toying with the idea of grabbing.

They also have Akame Ga Kill as well.

Here's a link to RightStuf; ( probably one of the better sites, in addition to Sentai, for USA purchasing)

https://www.rightstufanime.com/

Also, here's a link to Sentai; (also USA)

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/

Cheers! 🙂

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1