New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @LeGonze, @extantsrevenge and my other Anime Appreciative Friends;  😀

If I understand your question correctly, LeGonze, your asking if there's a compilation ed of all S-3 on one Blu?

If so, yes there is, here's a couple of links and a couple of pics;

Link (amz.ca);

https://www.amazon.ca/Attack-Titan-Season-Blu-ray-Digital/dp/B08R1VM1L6/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Attack+on+Titan%3A+Season+3&qid=1625509232&s=dvd&sr=1-3

Link (amz.com);

https://www.amazon.com/Attack-Titan-Complete-Season-Blu-ray/dp/B08TZ6TJQY/ref=pd_sbs_4/140-4143001-1844503?pd_rd_w=ceY5x&pf_rd_p=43345e03-9e2a-47c0-9b70-a50aa5ecbd5c&pf_rd_r=H7AAEFSBEABVP97KZQGP&pd_rd_r=00335ff2-1895-48b9-a5c2-fc789768bbec&pd_rd_wg=MPCxU&pd_rd_i=B08TZ6TJQY&psc=1

Attack on Titan: Season 3 - Blu-ray + Digital

Amazon.ca

Attack on Titan - Complete Season 3 [Blu-ray]

Amazon.com (and Amz.uk)

Now, what I don't understand, is why the Amazon.com (USA) site only displays the Region B Blu-ray (also available at Amazon.uk), yet the Amazon.ca (Canada) site, displays the North American Region A Blu-ray. That's a mystery to me.

Both are by Funimation and the North American version is advertised (and available) at the Funimation web-store;

Link (Funi):

https://shop.funimation.com/home-video/attack-on-titan-complete-season-3/BLR-00721.html

Complete Season 3

Personally, I've been picking up the Season(s) Pt-1 and Pt-2 for each. much like @extantsrevenge, however I'm hoping at completion of the series, we get a compiled Collector's ed. of the entire show.

Here's hoping!  🤩

Cheers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
14 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Hey Sensei!!

Have you seen AoT S3 already or waiting for blurays to arrive?? 😬😬

I discorvered AoT when the first Volume of the Manga was released in the US (so before the Anime came out) and I was instantly hooked 😍. I watched the first season as soon as it came out and did the same with the 2nd. At that point I was always ahed with the manga. Somehow I ended up not having so much time to read Mangas and so the volumes started to pile up. When the 3rd Season started I wanted to wait until I would catch up with the Manga again. I actually did read the volumes that will be covered in the 3rd season now, but I was so late that I wanted to wait for the Discs to come out and now I got them at a reduced price. And thankfully season 4 is also already announced in Germany, but we're still waiting for the last volumes of the Manga. So you see I'm a little behind with watching the Anime, but when I read a Manga (and have not discovered it through watching the Anime), I like to experience the Manga first.

I think I will start from season 1 again (since it has been some time since I rewatched that), so I can do the whole experience all episodes and all OVA episodes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow... Thanks again Sensei @Grendel!! ;)

I wanted to buy the Limited Editions, but I missed S1 and S3 of it and it looks super expensive on eBay. Only S2 and S1-Part2 are still in stock. :(

On 7/5/2021 at 11:34 AM, Grendel said:

much like @extantsrevenge, however I'm hoping at completion of the series, we get a compiled Collector's ed. of the entire show.

I definitely want a Super Deluxe Collectors Edition. :D  I need one with tons of Goodies!!!... 9_9:x

I was just asking @extantsrevenge if he have seen Season 3 at all, wich he just aswered on his post... :D

13 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

So you see I'm a little behind with watching the Anime, but when I read a Manga (and have not discovered it through watching the Anime), I like to experience the Manga first.

I haven't read any Manga... I used to read Comics, still do sometimes. But maaaaan!! Season 3 is great!! And I suggest to NOT WATCH Season 4 until it's Final Part comes out. They left us hanging... And it's not fun... :/xD

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

What is this Bro?! Where did you watch it? I am purely going of the cover but it has immediately intrigued me.

I watched the first episode a couple months ago... It seemed like a thriller... But I don't remember that much, I saw it on Netflix.

Here some info:

About Ajin Demi-Human Season 1 Premium Edition Box Set Blu-Ray/DVD

Ajin: Demi-Human contains episodes 1-13 of the anime directed by Hiroyuki Seshita, the movie, and a Chipboard Box, Hardcover Booklet, Art Cards, Poster and Manga.

When the truck slammed into Kei Nagai's body, he should have died instantly. Instead, the high-school student finds himself resurrected, with all of his wounds somehow healed. However, Kei's real problems are just starting. Now revealed to be an Ajin, one of a mysterious new breed of demi-human that have begun appearing around the world, he's been marked with an international bounty, and in the eyes of the world's governments, Kei is a specimen to be contained by any means possible.

Now he's on the run, unable to trust anyone except his closest friend, and his only hope is to discover the terrifying secrets behind his new abilities before he's forced to use them in battle! When you have an infinite number of lives ahead of you, death is only the beginning!

Special Features: Animatic Process Scenes, Movie Teasers, Clean Opening Animation and Clean Closing Animation.

Ajin Leap GIF - Ajin Leap Attack - Descubre & Comparte GIFs

18 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Also while I am here…. I guess I need to watch AoT. 😁 Seen it is on Netflix but still not watched any of it.

Oh Maaaaan!!!... Please let me know when you watch Episode 1!!... Do a Reaction Video!! Or video call me!!... xDxD

Amazing Music, Phenomenal Animation and Incredible Story... :x^_^

Spoiler

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Folks;  😀

Thanks for posting the notice on Ajin @LeGonze.

I've been fortunate enough to own both S-1 + 2 spec eds (ya don't want to know what I paid) and about a month ago, purchased the OADs (Original Anime on Digital, i.e. never streamed).

I very much enjoyed the show.

It's been on and off sale a number of times and since they are no longer printing it (until/unless we get a 3rd season, heh) I'm so glad you scored it on a sale Buddy.

I think you'll like it, so I'd suggest tracking down S-2 and the OADs (both avail at RightStuf) pronto, while you still can. 😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1

Good Evening @Pbsw23 and @Hecko🙂

I feel very confident you will enjoy Attack On Titan, Pbsw23 as it is certainly a roller-coaster of thrills.

I'd suggest you are quite lucky to discover it this late, as you are now able to watch almost the entire show in succession, without the agonizing wait most of us went thru, heh. 😉

I think you will also appreciate "Ajin" as the whole sci-fi premise it provides is familiar, yet quite new in presentation.

Some hard-cores snort at the CG used but I stopped paying attention to those attitudes a LONG time ago.

See my post above regarding more on Ajin.

I'd also like to welcome @Hecko to our little corner of the MP Basement, only frequented by the devout, heh.

I do hope you take the chance my friend to review some of our older posts as there's both some great dialogue on anime releases and of course, multiple pics of some of our favoured purchases.

With that in mind, we'd LOVE to see some pics of your own collection(s)!  🥳

p.s. we have two other associated Threads for anime.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just thought I'd mention my friends, that I do have a few new anime releases snuggled safely here at home but waiting for a couple more to appear before I toss up a pic.

Also, I went a bit Mad Lad on the Sentai sale and have two large orders in the pipe.

As it takes a threshold of $200Usd to get free shipping, well, I'll let you do the math, as it scares the hell outta me.

When they arrive, I'll be sure to post a pic pronto. 🙂

I've since made a list for the RightStuf sale ongoing and will probably place an order tomorrow.

Oh gods, why did I have to discover these great web-sites! 😜

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Grendel said:

Good Evening @Pbsw23 and @Hecko🙂

I feel very confident you will enjoy Attack On Titan, Pbsw23 as it is certainly a roller-coaster of thrills.

I'd suggest you are quite lucky to discover it this late, as you are now able to watch almost the entire show in succession, without the agonizing wait most of us went thru, heh. 😉

I think you will also appreciate "Ajin" as the whole sci-fi premise it provides is familiar, yet quite new in presentation.

Some hard-cores snort at the CG used but I stopped paying attention to those attitudes a LONG time ago.

See my post above regarding more on Ajin.

I'd also like to welcome @Hecko to our little corner of the MP Basement, only frequented by the devout, heh.

I do hope you take the chance my friend to review some of our older posts as there's both some great dialogue on anime releases and of course, multiple pics of some of our favoured purchases.

With that in mind, we'd LOVE to see some pics of your own collection(s)!  🥳

p.s. we have two other associated Threads for anime.

Sadly I don't have any anime have never thought of collecting any might have to take it up. I have been watching for years i watch alot of sport ones but i do like all kinda of anime. I will go back through the pages see if any good recommendations. Where are the other threads located could talk about anime for ages.

• Like 1

I received my “Birthday Sale” order from RSA!!… 😃😃

My first “Limited Editions” for Anime besides Akame Ga Kill Steelbook. 😅😅

Ajin Demi Human Premium Edition Boxset S1.

Feels pretty sturdy. 

One Punch Man Limited Edition S1 and S2. Also feels nice. Seems to have a PET sleeve and some “cuts” on the slip.

No Game No Life Collectors Edition Steelbook. Complete Series + Movie.

Im excited!! 😅😅

5D7CB0D8-2F7D-4A71-99A5-24139A480188.jpeg

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 4

Good Evening @Hecko, @LeGonze and my other Anime watching friends;  🙂

I can understand the reluctance for some folk to collect physical media, it's not a cheap hobby and when one gets into collecting Premium Eds of films, well, it can down right spooky how much we invest. Fortunately we've got a media-site for commiserating with like minded Psychos.  😉

And, Anime is probably the most expensive standard amaray cased Blu-rays you can buy in their own right, so taking advantage of streaming services or the like can substantially save on coin.

That said, considering who we are, by virtue of having this discussion on Media Psychos, it's safe to assume that some pretty hard-core collections can be found here.

I think you'll enjoy a cruise thru some of the previous posts my friend.

Oh, if you simply type in "Anime" in the little "search" box at top-right corner of page, it will bring up a ToC listing the 3 principle Anime threads;

- New

- Collections (many posts in "New" have these also)

- Related

A very sweet and satisfying harvest there @LeGonze  🤩

Nice to hear the spec eds for S-1 & 2 of OPM have the die-cut windows on the CE Boxes.

I was pleasantly surprised to see, they gave the reg amaray o-slips the same nice treatment (at least the 1st run had them).

Also, as I mentioned previous, I think you'll quite enjoy "Ajin" and so I'd recommend getting an order in for the LE S-2 and the OVA collection my Buddy while the sale is still on.

I've heard that No Game No Life isn't too bad, wonder if I'd like it... 🙃

:cool: 

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Hahaaa… Love your post Sensei!! 😃😅😅

47 minutes ago, Grendel said:

A very sweet and satisfying harvest there @LeGonze  🤩

Nice to hear the spec eds for S-1 & 2 of OPM have the die-cut windows on the CE Boxes.

I was pleasantly surprised to see, they gave the reg amaray o-slips the same nice treatment (at least the 1st run had them).

Yeah!! I’m happy too!!… These look great!! I’ll share pictures soon!!… 😬😬

48 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Also, as I mentioned previous, I think you'll quite enjoy "Ajin" and so I'd recommend getting an order in for the LE S-2 and the OVA collection my Buddy while the sale is still on.

Yeah I tried but it’s unavailable in RSA and SentaiFilms… 😐😐

49 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I've heard that No Game No Life isn't too bad, wonder if I'd like it... 🙃

Hahahaaa… Oh man!! I laughed so hard!! 😂😂🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Can’t breathe!!!… 🤣🤣😂😂😂

I hope you share your whole Anime Collection someday!!… 😃😃😬😬😬😬

• Like 1

Also Buddy @LeGonze, the OADs (aka OVAs) are still available at RS ($13.50) and a few secondary sellers at Amazon.com.

I would have wrote that above but wanted to post the link asap when I saw only one left at Amz.com.

Hope ya score them all eventually. The standard amaray eds will probably be around for a while yet but the LEs are no longer produced.

Cheers Buddy.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Also Buddy @LeGonze, the OADs (aka OVAs) are still available at RS ($13.50) and a few secondary sellers at Amazon.com.

I’ll try to scoop this one later on too… Thanks Sensei!!

Talking about OVAs… Do you know where can I find Attack on Titan OVAs?? I think I haven’t seen them… Don’t know if these are on Crunchyroll, I don’t think so. 😐😐

• Like 1

Hi @LeGonze;

There are no OVAs for Attack On Titan. All episodes went direct to series.

There is an LA Film but not recommended.

There's also an anime Chibi style 'spoof' of the series, that was made after S-2 of the real series.

It's called "Attack On Titan; Junior High" and it's pretty funny and cute.

I wouldn't suggest a watch of it before having consumed S-1 & 2 of the Series, or it loses a lot of context but anytime after doing so is fine.

If you don't mind watching folks having fun at their own expense, it's a fun little trip.  😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks very nice indeed @LeGonze🤩

I've heard that Aniplex has a nice spec ed in their plans and I suspect it may bear more than a small likeness to the ed you've posted about.

Also looking forward to seeing what AtA (UK) brings to the table as their spec eds for the series are gorgeous.

And, speaking of AtA (All The Anime) UK, their Summer Sale starts on the 2nd August and runs thru to the 9th.

Here's a link to their announcement, definitely worth a read.

Link;

https://blog.alltheanime.com/summer-sale-2021/

I think I'll be a bit hesitant to gamble on their forthcoming "Mystery Boxes" at 40 Quid a pop, as I suspect I'd end up with duplicates (or possibly triplicates) of titles owned.

I will be paying attention to their "surprise releases" planned for each day of the sale though. 😀

• Thanks 2