IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

• ★ Administrators ★
8 hours ago, Grendel said:

Hi @extantsrevenge and my other Anime loving friends;  😀

Just a quick heads up Nils, Sentai has this up for current order;  ($63Usd, gulp!...)

Chihayafuru (Season 3)

Link;

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/new-releases/products/chihayafuru-season-3-complete-collection-blu-ray

Chihayafuru Season 3 Complete Collection Blu-ray Disc Spread

HOWEVER... be aware my Buddy, that they do have plans for a Collector's Edition. They're just playing sneaky with the release date, heh.

That price for the standard release will drop in time, they always do and since many are aware that a CE is in the works, I suspect the price will drop soon for this.

I don't think we'll see another Sentai "sale" until Black Friday but I'll keep tabs on the prices for ya my friends.  😉

I seriously need to take some pics for here soon, since 2 of my 3 Sentai orders have landed.

Soon, I promise.🙂

On my buying list, waiting for a little price drop 😅

8 hours ago, Grendel said:

Vinland Saga (Season 1) Complete Collection Blu-ray Front Cover

🥰

Very exited that Sentai got this, now it will have all the original writing in the opening and ending 😍

oh and by the way

NEON GENESIS EVANGELION

3t9z.gif

has been announed in Germany

evangelion-neon-genesis-evangelion.gif

No picture yet. In Italy they have also listed an edition with a sample picture

61w70n24JLL._SL1000_.jpg

German Edition will most likely be different, since it also has other content.

Anyway these editions will not be english friendly. But I think we will see many countries announce this soon.

• Thanks 4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
On 7/18/2021 at 4:10 AM, Grendel said:

Hi @LeGonze;

There are no OVAs for Attack On Titan. All episodes went direct to series.

There is an LA Film but not recommended.

There's also an anime Chibi style 'spoof' of the series, that was made after S-2 of the real series.

It's called "Attack On Titan; Junior High" and it's pretty funny and cute.

I wouldn't suggest a watch of it before having consumed S-1 & 2 of the Series, or it loses a lot of context but anytime after doing so is fine.

If you don't mind watching folks having fun at their own expense, it's a fun little trip.  😉

Actually there are several OVA episodes from AoT, most of them came with certain volumes of the Manga in Japan. Sadly non have been released on disc outside of Japan yet (if I remember correctly).

https://myanimelist.net/anime/18397/Shingeki_no_Kyojin_OVA

https://myanimelist.net/anime/25781/Shingeki_no_Kyojin__Kuinaki_Sentaku

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36106/Shingeki_no_Kyojin__Lost_Girls

I hope they will release a disc with all of these (could have included them as extras, but sadly that did not happen).

• Thanks 2

On 8/7/2021 at 10:45 PM, extantsrevenge said:

Actually there are several OVA episodes from AoT, most of them came with certain volumes of the Manga in Japan. Sadly non have been released on disc outside of Japan yet (if I remember correctly).

https://myanimelist.net/anime/18397/Shingeki_no_Kyojin_OVA

https://myanimelist.net/anime/25781/Shingeki_no_Kyojin__Kuinaki_Sentaku

https://myanimelist.net/anime/36106/Shingeki_no_Kyojin__Lost_Girls

I hope they will release a disc with all of these (could have included them as extras, but sadly that did not happen).

I knew there was some OVAs!!! I haven’t seen these. I hope we get these on a super special deluxe edition. 😅😅😬

• Like 1

Just wanted to say @extantsrevenge, my Friend, thanks much for all your info wrt AoT OVAs and the update on NGE releases.  😍

Much appreciated.

I'd heard of the OVAs on dvds contained within Mangas, mentioned for a number of titles but as they are predominantly Japanese only, I usually discount them.

Still, a number of Series have collected these OVAs in the past and released them in dvd or even Blu packaging, so yes there is hope they'll do so with AoT as well! 😀

Of course, NGE is all the buzz throughout the community.

I'd seen a few pics of that forthcoming Italian ed and if it's an example of what is in store for other countries, I think we will have an incredible release to look forward to.

Of course there's huge banter on what Dubs will / will not be included but I'm not too worried about it.

I prefer subs most of the time anyway.

I had hopes of getting some pics up today but work took a while longer than the norm due to some pressing issues, so hopefully tomorrow! 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
7 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Hey guys!!

I got another beautiful Anime Steelbook!!!… 😃😃😬😬

I heard a lot of great things of this series. Can’t wait to watch it!! 😃

Have you seen it Senseis @Grendel @extantsrevenge??? What do you think of it?? 🤓🤓

70568F6F-1644-497D-8E77-D267140E2600.jpeg

It is a terrific Series, but all the work from Satoshi Kon is awesome.

Enjoy @LeGonze

Paranoia Agent Take A Rest GIF by sarahmaes

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just a quick heads-up folks;

Sentai has another brief sale up right now.

Many prices reflective of their previous sales, so some good deals can be found.

Link;

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/

Also AllTheAnime has a "countdown" to their forthcoming NGE pre-order.

If you wish to be notified, here's a link you can submit your email and they'll send a notice when they open the doors.

Just click on the "Countdown Begins" button.  😀

Link;

https://www.alltheanime.com/

I certainly rolled in...😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So now, looks like Kaze has provided France with a very cool looking boxed ed. for Vinland Saga S-1 but strangely, not for Germany (yet...).

Link;

https://www.amazon.fr/Vinland-Saga-Blu-ray/dp/B095SYHCG3?tag=bluraycom05-21&linkCode=xm2&m=A1X6FK5RDHNB96

7108QXxGnKS._AC_SX425_.jpg

If they do release it in Germany, (which I can't imagine why they wouldn't) any plans to grab it @extantsrevenge ?

I surely hope Sentai provides us something of similar note here in NA!

It looks quite enticing. 😍

I'm also of a thought, that considering the shows setting, the strong masculine inflections provided by the German language would suit!

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
43 minutes ago, Grendel said:

So now, looks like Kaze has provided France with a very cool looking boxed ed. for Vinland Saga S-1 but strangely, not for Germany (yet...).

Link;

https://www.amazon.fr/Vinland-Saga-Blu-ray/dp/B095SYHCG3?tag=bluraycom05-21&linkCode=xm2&m=A1X6FK5RDHNB96

7108QXxGnKS._AC_SX425_.jpg

If they do release it in Germany, (which I can't imagine why they wouldn't) any plans to grab it @extantsrevenge ?

I surely hope Sentai provides us something of similar note here in NA!

It looks quite enticing. 😍

I'm also of a thought, that considering the shows setting, the strong masculine inflections provided by the German language would suit!

Very strangely the French are getting much more collectors editions or releases in general than Germany does. Anime must sell even better there.

But maybe something will show up here too. But I fear it will be 4 Volumes again, we seem to be the only country that still has multiple volumes on about every title 😔.

I also got the notice from Alltheanime about NGE, will be interesting to see how that will look like (I wish I would already know what the German edition will be like, otherwise it will be hard to decide if I also get the UK one).

That said amazon prime in Germany has just added the newest Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0 Movie 😲, not even any release announced yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
13 minutes ago, Trianna said:

Though I watch NGE in japanese with subs I would like to have a nice CE with the old german dub not the atrocious Netflix dub. But I don't hold out too much hope...in german it might be just be a edition where a slipcase and maybe a mini poster are the biggest extras

The old DUB will be included. With a 200€ price I really hope we will also have a nice Edition that is worthy of the Series. Otherwise I will be like

Neon Genesis Evangelion Anime Boy GIF

giphy.gif

The Italian looks nice and is only 130€ or somthing but useless for anyone not speaking italian.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning my Friends;  😀

I wanted to immediately let you know, that the UK House,  AllTheAnime (AtA) (aka Anime Limited) has just placed their Spec Ed. for NGE up for pre-order.

Here's the link;

https://www.alltheanime.com/

Just click on the "order now" button at top of page to go to the item page.

We can discuss later but yes, got my order in.

🥰

Tag: @extantsrevenge, @Trianna, @LeGonze, @Pbsw23, @DarthEd, @Squeegie McGee, @RAK, @Veum, @CAYENNE-FAHRER  many others

Edit: also SEE BELOW ...

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Sorry this took so long but could not find my link to the North American GKIDS site, (edit: Region A discs)

Finally found it.

Here's the NA link to order NGE (just click on the price tag).

Link:

https://store.gkids.com/pages/neon-genesis-evangelion?utm_source=gkids&utm_medium=vanity&utm_campaign=gkidseva&utm_id=NGE#ultimate-edition

Edit:    Note: seems to work out, ordering direct from AtA is still cheaper than via GKIDS, for NA folk.

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Sorry this took so long but could not find my link to the North American GKIDS site.

Finally found it.

Here's the NA link to order NGE (just click on the price tag).

Link:

https://store.gkids.com/pages/neon-genesis-evangelion?utm_source=gkids&utm_medium=vanity&utm_campaign=gkidseva&utm_id=NGE#ultimate-edition

Edit:    Note: seems to work out, ordering direct from AtA is still cheaper than via GKIDS, for NA folk.

🥰

Thanks Sensei!!... This release is Region B right??

• Like 1

Hi @LeGonze ;   🙂 

I have yet to see it written explicitly what Regions the discs will be coded for.

It's quite possible they will be Region Free but normally, they would be Region B.

The AtA product page says R-B but it also defaults to that, so not a 100% guarantee.

When I get confirmation, I'll forward it here of course.

Also worth noting Folks; these are the pre-order SALE prices offered, so no telling when they may switch over to reg price.

I suspect they will sell out before they have to worry about that though.

Mind; there is mention that a "regular edition" will be up for offer in the future.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Grendel said:

The AtA product page says R-B but it also defaults to that, so not a 100% guarantee.

Oh ok... You mean this one right??

Release Date: 06/12/2021   

BBFC: 15                              

Audio: English, Japanese
Subtitles: English

Format: Blu-Ray  

No. of discs: 11                

Region: B                        

SRP: £299.99

NOTE: This is a Limited Edition product not exclusive to any one retailer. Once it appears as out-of-stock we do not expect there to be more stock available.

Looks amazing tho... xD

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ Yes, that is correct. I'm just now awaiting confirmation on the discs.

I should know soon.

Yeah... Let us know!!... :D

3 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Also, that AtA sale price is with VAT included. When I checked out, it took the VAT off (approx 30 quid) and the shipping (standard for AtA) is 25 quid added.

Well... Seems to be a great deal!!.. :o:x

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, Grendel said:

Just a heads-up folks, The USA GKIDS site, just went OOS for their NGE offer.

No word if they will get more.

That's 5k eds in less than 8 hours.

I wouldn't sleep on the AtA offer at this point...😳

edit: dammitt @extantsrevenge ! Git in here ya varmint!

Wow all 5000 gone, that was fast. I was on AtA as soon as the reveal came, but I was on the fence about ordering. I have somehow the feeling that the German edition will be the same. Just with 7 Discs.

Do you know why this one has 11? Do they have 4 for the series for each Dub?

Also I'm shocked about this

The international re-release of NEON GENESIS EVANGELION does not contain “FLY ME TO THE MOON” in any of its home video editions

alone GIF

WTF, that is horrible 😭.

Anyway with the US Version Sold Out already I might need to grab the UK just in case 🤔, would really help if they did show me the Picture of the German edition now (beacuse I ordered 2 of that already 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1