IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

Thanks for the tag @extantsrevenge  😀

Indeed, I saw these on their site yesterday as part of my retailer cruise. I do one each day to see what's new (I have icons of all my Premium sites, on my desk-top for quick access).

I have not seen either of these shows yet, in fact.

The prices are not totally crazy, but the shipping currently is.

I do have a nice Chap in England that has ordered titles from AtA (Anime-online) for me in the past, so I may lean on him again! 🙂

• Like 3

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Arrived yesterday and I’m very happy with it. I think this will wait for the Winter months to get here before binge watching it, but looking forward to it. Thanks @Grendel for bringing this one to my attention. Sounds right up my street 😁👍🏼🍻

7F2E7BCF-69D8-4CEC-881B-9A4009755E96.jpeg

wow!! That was fast!!... Congrats brother!!

Let me know how how you like it!! ;)

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!!...

I think this is a "New" release... Found it on Best Buy...

My Hero Academia: Two Heroes [SteelBook] [Includes Digital Copy] [Blu-ray] [Only @ Best Buy] [2018]

SKU:6405123
Release Date:12/08/2020
Rating:NR

Well... As I already Pre-Ordered the "Heroes Rising" Movie I think I will get this one too... Hahaa...

Ok... Just wanted to let you guys know...

By the way @Pbsw23 How was that Gridmann series??? 9_9

MY HERO ACADEMIA 2 HEROES.jpg

• Like 4

Oh look!!... I founf this too at Best Buy... No Pictures yet... Hahaa

Dragon Ball Z: Season 1 [SteelBook] [Blu-ray] [4 Discs]

SKU:6425121
Release Date:11/03/2020

Dragon Ball Z: Season 2 [SteelBook] [Blu-ray] [4 Discs]

SKU:6425123

Dragon Ball Z: Season 3 [SteelBook] [Blu-ray] [4 Discs]

SKU:6425124

Loooved this show back in the day... xD Actually I haven't seen Dragon Ball Super... Some friend told me that it's great so I will watch it sometime... Hahaa... xD
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LeGonze said:

Sorry guys for so many posts... I'm just lurking around Best Buy and keep finding these... Hahaa..

Beyond the Boundary: Complete Collection [SteelBook] [Blu-ray] [3 Discs]

SKU:34996834
Release Date:08/18/2020

Love those steelbooks Im really loving the recent anime releases. The Avatar set was gorgeous 😍 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Oh look!!... I founf this too at Best Buy... No Pictures yet... Hahaa

Dragon Ball Z: Season 1 [SteelBook] [Blu-ray] [4 Discs]

SKU:6425121

Dragon Ball Z: Season 2 [SteelBook] [Blu-ray] [4 Discs]

SKU:6425123

Dragon Ball Z: Season 3 [SteelBook] [Blu-ray] [4 Discs]

SKU:6425124

Loooved this show back in the day... xD Actually I haven't seen Dragon Ball Super... Some friend told me that it's great so I will watch it sometime... Hahaa... xD

Never seen any Dragon-ball Z, I confess that at the time I thought it looked like another Pokemon so never bothered. What’s it all about mate? It Seems to get a lot of love.

Also Gridman is still Sealed on the self Bro. Saving it for the Winter months 😁👍🏼 The slip looks really nice though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Never seen any Dragon-ball Z, I confess that at the time I thought it looked like another Pokemon so never bothered. What’s it all about mate? It Seems to get a lot of love.

Well... I started watching Dragon Ball at 10 years old so I thought it was awesome... Haha... They started transmitions of this in 1996 here in Mexico and basically every single kid used to watch this series. 
First it was Dragon Ball (Very young kid Goku)... Then Dragon Ball Z (Wich at the time I liked more then the original) And then it was Dragon Ball GT (Wich I didn’t really like so I stopped watching)... Then the new one is Dragon Ball Super eich I haven’t seen but my friends say it’s great so I will give it a shot soon... :D

And no... It’s nothing like pokemon... Hahaa... xD

Sorry I didn’t say what is it about because is just soooo frikin long... Hahaa... But there’s so much fights and  aliens and superpowers... Haha...

Just look for a list to jump some meaningless episodes... ;)

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought I'd take a moment to toss up a pic of some recent arrivals;

Listing;

- GitS: Best Buy 4K Steel

- GitS: new 4K slipcover

- Jo Jo Golden Wind Pt-1: Viz, slipbox. (not even remotely impressed by their changing of the LE packaging)

- Devilman: (1987-90 OVA series), Discotech (aka Eastern Star) Note: they are releasing "Devilman Lady" this Winter!)

- Akira: Ive Ent. Blu in slipbox. ( I messed up, I thought I had selected the new 4K. Ah well, another one for my Girls!)

image.thumb.jpeg.d3f4d9785acdbc4e29c3974a98f58686.jpeg

🥰

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2020 at 8:14 PM, Grendel said:

I thought I'd take a moment to toss up a pic of some recent arrivals;

Listing;

- GitS: Best Buy 4K Steel

- GitS: new 4K slipcover

- Jo Jo Golden Wind Pt-1: Viz, slipbox. (not even remotely impressed by their changing of the LE packaging)

- Devilman: (1987-90 OVA series), Discotech (aka Eastern Star) Note: they are releasing "Devilman Lady" this Winter!)

- Akira: Ive Ent. Blu in slipbox. ( I messed up, I thought I had selected the new 4K. Ah well, another one for my Girls!)

Hi, @Grendel!

What’s the story on this 4k remaster of Akira? How are the reviews?

I got the GitS Best Buy steelbook, even though I prefer the design of the 4k slip. Just couldn’t justify getting both when I have a bunch of other GitS editions already.

• Like 1

Awards

Good Evening @DarthEd my friend;

As I suspect you have surmised, I haven't been on as frequently as of late due to a flurry of work efforts but I'm doing my best to keep current, heh.

I personally am not currently set-up for 4K and sincerely hope I won't need to anytime soon, as my 3D Plasma (and associated equipment) is providing stellar performance currently and I would hate to lose my 3D capability anytime soon. I'm sure someone makes them but I have no knowledge if there's a 4k + 3D TV on the market.

That said, by reading reviews from those that have purchased the 4K ed of Akira, I garner they are quite pleased with the results.

The HDR tech used to enhance colour saturation is apparently, very successful with this film, so despite a few niggling comments wrt "slight black crush" in some scenes and an inkling of pixelization in a few fast motion captures, it's a pretty dang nice release.

Mind, with the WCL release forthcoming, I think that will be an edition worthy of our coin!

I understand that you have no doubt, a very wonderful collection of GitS editions my buddy but honestly, do yourself a favour and grab that 4K slip-cased amaray ed while you can!

The artwork used is iconic and a cult fave in the GitS community (which is why it got used) and if anyone in the know was to peruse your gorgeous GitS collection down the road and not see it...well... they just might have words to say....🤡

Also, if I recall, you queried a while back as to why I would recommend the "Dynit" release of "Cowboy Bebop Film" ?

It basically comes down to the encoding process used.

Now, I am not an expert by any means on this topic but I forum chat with a couple of folks that are. Dynit is fortunate enough to have in their stable, some of the best graphic encoders in the anime world outside Japan. Justin Suvakis to name one.

They consistently produce some of the nicest Blu-ray editions of Anime on the market.

Most of us would think..."well, it's a cartoon, so bit-rate and gamma correction don't matter as much as in Live Action" but apparently it's the opposite. Most anime today is created by about 85% computer rendering and 15% hand artistry. However when some of our older beloved titles were released, such as CBB and the forthcoming Evangelion it was predominantly hand drawn cell work, so getting it right is a bit trickier even than Live Action.

Anyway, these tired old eyes of mine are not exactly 20/20 (another reason I'm in no panic for 4K) so after purchasing the Funi disc I ordered the Dynit disc and played bits of both.

Yeah, even a caveman like me could notice an improvement.

Funimation is at this time, an anime mass production facility, if we can hardly believe that such a things even exists yet!

So, their quality, while not essentially BAD, is not their principal concern either, quantity is.

Houses like Dynit, Eastern Star, Discotech, KAZE and a host of others are following a different strategy, quality first.

Then we have Aniplex, which is a whole other kettle of fish and best left until I'm intoxicated enough to discuss.

Cheers my friend!  😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hi, @Grendel! Thanks for the lowdown on 4k Akira and the Dynit Bebop.

I so wish there was a 4k + 3D TV on the market! I love 3D and am very envious of your 3D plasma. Unfortunately for me, I bought my plasma TV before home 3D was a thing and then it broke almost a year ago after 3D had just disappeared from the home market. During that time, I’d have to get my 3D fix from theaters and one of my best friends who has a 3D plasma TV. I replaced my dead plasma TV with a 4k OLED, which I love and performs similarly to plasma, even better really. I hope 3D will make a resurgence in the home TV market. TV makers can’t just keep upping the resolution forever. Maybe Avatar 2-5 will be 3D’s savior once more....

Cheers, my friend!

• Like 3

Awards

• 4 weeks later...

Hey brother!! @extantsrevenge Can you share that link of Attack on Titan season 1 German Steelbooks?? Or do you know if there is a US version of it?? 9_9

I remember you showed me that one but can’t find it anymore... Don’t remember where... Haha...

Now that I took some “vacations” to stay with the baby I’ve been watching it a lot at nights and Oh Boy!! What a great Show!! I definitely want some Steelbooks of it!! 9_9

Im starting season 2 right now and I’m super hooked!! xD

image.gif.ba5b4658271b14c0592ce06a29e0e235.gif

• Like 2

Hi Folks;

This is more of a 'my collection' type pic and for giggles I'll probably post it there too but some of these are new titles, so I wanted to share my appreciation for being able to get these on Blu and so soon after TV / Theatre release as well!

Mind, as far as theatre films go, this year's plague has done them no favours so getting it into a sell-able format was no doubt crucial to success.

Listing;

- Weathering With You; slipped amaray

- Weathering With You; Steelbook

- Demon Slayer, S-1; slipped amaray ( for now, hoping "Black Friday" might make the Aniplex ed cheaper. If not, I may buy the AtA (UK) release).

- 'Birthday' Wonderland; slipped amaray. ( don't know why the hell the NA releases are leaving "Birthday" outta the title. (May need to research that 🤔)

- MHA, Heroes Rising; slipped amaray. 2nd film fleshing out character development of the series' protagonists (and bad guys).

- MHA, S-4, Pt-1; slipped amaray. the TOURNAMENT ARCS!!!! continue, heh.

- Lu Over The Wall; amaray. A Blind Buy on a show with great accolades, so worth the purchase to discover.

- Konohana Kitan; amaray. Another blind buy. I do hope this is as moe as it looks and doesn't go echii or I'll get upset. Those kids on the cover are too adorable for words.

- Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid, S-1;  Another too cute for words series and I know enough about this one to conclude it's a great solid purchase.

Most of these are going to my girls but a couple I think I'll need to QA before passing forward, heh.

Gotta make sure I'm done them in time to mail for Christmas though!

If you folks have any thoughts on any of these titles that you wish to share, I would be very grateful to read them.  🙂

image.thumb.jpeg.e5aca82589d41833ef6decfa712f273d.jpeg

🥰

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Nice new arrivals @Grendel 👌

@LeGonze I created a Release Topic here

bd119060-5ca9-4097-bd16-5b68a9bc60c7.__C

Personally I find the price a little high. This will be a Jumbo Steelbook 😪 and it has 4 Pins included.

I also made a Release Topic for the Sword Art Online Season 1 Steelbook

c346ccc1-2279-488a-8f52-b0f0fa3b23da.__C

Which comes in a Box with 2 Coins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

Nice new arrivals @Grendel 👌

@LeGonze I created a Release Topic here

bd119060-5ca9-4097-bd16-5b68a9bc60c7.__C

Personally I find the price a little high. This will be a Jumbo Steelbook 😪 and it has 4 Pins included.

I also made a Release Topic for the Sword Art Online Season 1 Steelbook

c346ccc1-2279-488a-8f52-b0f0fa3b23da.__C

Which comes in a Box with 2 Coins.

Oh wow!!Thanks Brother!! I’m gonna check those threads!!... :o;)

• Like 3

Hi Folks;

A quick notice, Right Stuf has commenced their Black Friday sale.

There's actually a few really good deals to be had.

Usually, they change up the titles each week, so if you don't see something today, check next Sunday.

Here's the link to their home-page, be SURE to cruise around and hit the right buttons to see all on offer.  😀

Take note, it is actually called "Black Friday" sale so it's not the same as their "Mega Deal" which changes daily.

Link:

https://www.rightstufanime.com/

Attn: @extantsrevenge, @DarthEd, @LeGonze, @Magnifly, @Veum, @CAYENNE-FAHRER, @RAK, @Pbsw23, @Trianna

- tag others I forgot please folks!

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 6

• ★ Administrators ★

Keanu Reeves GIF

Thanks for the Tag @Grendel, just browed the upcoming releases and they have listed the first Volume for Hajime no Ippo (Fighting Spirit)

875707017824_anime-hajime-no-ippo-the-fighting-tv-series-collection-1-blu-ray-primary.jpg?resizeid=5&resizeh=1000&resizew=1000

That is awesome, finally a release for this terrific series.

6e2d11683295c279f420b344d7d04ba0.gif

Now I wish they would give me Yawara, Major and Touch too 😊

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...