IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

Il y a 16 heures, cypheria078 a dit :

CHALLENGE 2

1- Big Trouble In Little China (French release, Cocorico 🐓 ) : one of the too rare French premium editions, so it need a special mention france-flag-icon-32.png.07659eb5e49374a5674162e61eb8864e.png

2- I Saw The Devil (Plain Archive) : amazing release for this great movie, I really like the glossy black steelbook 🤩

3- Thor (Blufans) : I was looking for it for a long time before I could get my hands on it 🤗

4- Schindler's List (UHD Club) : my first non-steelbook edition I got from MP, very beautiful leather box  😍

5- Heat (WCL) : Huge boxset with tons of goodies, Very happy to have caught this one 

463195151_image0(1).thumb.jpeg.2ed4b18af8211711bedf48788e0d35eb.jpeg

but where is this one  😄

ridley scott gladiator GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My 5 treasures. They are something special either because the edition is a gem or because of the unsurpassable music. One film was even partially shot in Berlin, my old homeland, 1km from my home, and 2 of my friends acted as extras.

EverythingBlu - Psycho 

Manta - Inglourious Basterds 

Novamedia - Grindhouse

Filmarena - Forrest Gump 

King Media - Immortal Beloved (no Steel) 

IMG_20220922_114637~2.jpg

IMG_20220922_114504.jpg

• Like 24

Given the infancy of my premium collection, I fear I may be pushing the boundaries of what this challenge calls for. 😅 But I'll give it a shot anyway!

1. First up, then, is this beast of a JAWS set from UHD Club. JAWS is one of my all-time favorites, and is probably the one single film I own the most editions for (although this UHD Club edition is my only premium) [come to think of it, though, The Thing and The Batman may soon exceed that count]. My wife recently realized I had this on the shelf and chewed me out for why I need so many freaking copies of the same movie, so naturally it has a special place in my heart! 🤣 

image.thumb.jpeg.05f7bfed3a98b42ddf0dc5a8bb73f0ee.jpeg

2. Blade Runner (Manta Lab Fullslip).

I'll be honest and say that I actually don't much care for the fullslip, but I do love this movie and the steelbook itself is absolutely my favorite, hands-down. Manta did sooooo freaking good with this steel! Unfortunately, I didn't make the cut for the group buy and got to witness first hand this sucker selling out in literally seconds on the Collectong site. John came through for me afterwards, though, and he'll always have my thanks for it! One day I'll upgrade to the DL, but for now this is certainly a bright spot in my collection.

image.thumb.jpeg.c601e4563add9d5bfb9d770041338b77.jpeg

3. Tenet (HDZeta DL).

This is a really nice depth lenti, but, again, it's the steelbook that's near and dear to my heart. I'm a Nolan fanboy, and this flick became a fast favorite thanks to it sci-fi twist on what's essentially a James Bond flick. I also really love the velvety smoothness of that bonus envelope! 🤣

image.thumb.jpeg.13967153337c661ee06fdb8109595611.jpeg

4. The VVITCH (Second Sight Limited Edition)

This set is certainly living deliciously! I really like the artwork and any set that comes with a thick hardcover book featuring writings on the flick is a winner, as far as I'm concerned.

image.thumb.jpeg.323aeac2e0161f7e7b86d7ab3b412be3.jpeg

5. Crimson Peak (Arrow Limited Edition)

I know full well this movie has its critics, but I never really thought it was as bad as some people claim. IMO, this edition makes the movie even better, giving you a lush, gothic vibe before you even get the movie into your disc player. It's another set with a very nice hardcover with writings on the film, an interview with GDT, and production artwork. I would have liked something more for the disc itself, which just sits at the bottom of the hardbox in a plastic tray, but taken as a whole I think this is a really mighty fine edition. Arrow did a fantastic job on the packaging, and the artwork is killer all the way through. It's probably my Arrow edition just from a production standpoint.

image.thumb.jpeg.f7d2ec2fe1564cc0b1cff03fa12ecf05.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.31ff1629926b56df62f9201d633b56d8.jpeg

• Like 26

11 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

@MikeH5856 terrific pictures 👍

Wives… 🙄

”Why do you need 4 copies of the same movie?”

Woman, do I ask you why you got 26 handbags in your closet?
Tommy Flanagan Starz GIF by Power Book IV: Force

HAHAHAHA! Thanks, man! Gonna have to remember that handbags line for sure! I usually just bore her with technical specific about each edition. "Well, this one a limited digibook edition, and this one's a limited slipcase edition with a lenticular cover. This one has a new scan and new bonus feature. This one's a steelbook of the original edition, and this one's the steelbook of the new scan edition, and this one..." Eventually she just rolls her eyes and wanders away. 

• Haha 11

good evening everyone, I didn't take the time to join you for the first challenge but here I am ready for this one and the following

challenge #2

edition The lord of the rings and The Hobbit Amazon

this edition is in my eyes  the most beautiful release for this universe, the goodies have their effect and are above all of very good quality which is becoming rare, it took me a long time to get my hands on them and this universe has been by my side since I was very young so I have a  special affection for everything related to these stories

king Kong FAC

yes yes a FAC 😄 , I also love this film and this edition despite the fact that it is not a steelbook WEA remains very beautiful not its complement, and the embossing of the  fullslip is particularly well finished, it's amazing to see such a sharp quality for

photography

Drive Novamedia 

a film that I also really like  and a very beautiful edition, the steelbook is magnificent even if Manta has also released an edition that I have, I still stay on this one and it is this one that gave me the most trouble finding

The Goonies Cinemuseum

a  film that rocked my childhood and quibpoir moi remains the most beautiful release for this film to date even if the Zavvi is also very successful, but overall, this one is magnificent, the treasure map is even present, very heavy 

First Man Manta Lab

an edition of great beauty, a bet still successful at Manta, the only ones to do this style of finish to their boxset, a magnificent steelbook, the glossy is just whoua with the takeoff of the rocket which crosses Ryan's spacesuit  Gosling, I still remember the reception, I was excited to see this boxset wrapped in fabric in cosmonaut suit mode, impressive

20220922_173151.jpg

• Like 29

• ★ Administrators ★
3 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

HAHAHAHA! Thanks, man! Gonna have to remember that handbags line for sure! I usually just bore her with technical specific about each edition. "Well, this one a limited digibook edition, and this one's a limited slipcase edition with a lenticular cover. This one has a new scan and new bonus feature. This one's a steelbook of the original edition, and this one's the steelbook of the new scan edition, and this one..." Eventually she just rolls her eyes and wanders away. 

I know too well the eyes glazing over followed by the slow turn and walk away move as I blather on about the singular beauty of yet another edition of the Thing or the Dark Knight and the very, very, very important differences between editions.

cat run away GIF

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Gary K said:

I know too well the eyes glazing over followed by the slow turn and walk away move as I blather on about the singular beauty of yet another edition of the Thing or the Dark Knight and the very, very, very important differences between editions.

cat run away GIF

I'm dreading the day I have to move the movies around to make room for new arrivals and it brings all my copies of The Thing eye-level for her... And I fear that day is soon approaching...

the eye flames GIF

• Haha 8

• ★ Administrators ★
4 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

I'm dreading the day I have to move the movies around to make room for new arrivals and it brings all my copies of The Thing eye-level for her... And I fear that day is soon approaching...

the eye flames GIF

fortunately my collection is in a storage room off of the garage (and now the garage itself) and she parks her car by the front door of the house so never goes in there anymore.  It's just the multiple packages she ends up bringing in from the mailbox/package bin that elicit the eye roll.  She now knows what the boxes from MP. are as well as bestbuy and zavvi.....

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

the eye flames GIF

The last copy of The Matrix I bought was the Titans of Cult edition. I put it next to the Ultimate DVD Collection and my wife didn't notice it for a looong time. Just keep your cool. 

• Haha 5

Awards

57 minutes ago, HeightOfFolly said:

The last copy of The Matrix I bought was the Titans of Cult edition. I put it next to the Ultimate DVD Collection and my wife didn't notice it for a looong time. Just keep your cool. 

Titans of Cult is not really the greatest example  - no title on the front and more often than not the artwork is too abstract or just plain odd for people to make out what movie it actually is.

1. So my only “premium” non-steelbook edition is this incredible Middle Earth bookshelf collection (sorry hope it counts for a point!) The detail on the 'books' is fantastic and it is a pleasure to take off the shelf. Easily one of the greatest trilogies ever made and I was lucky enough to purchase second-hand in mint condition. I can watch these films every week and would certainly love to if I had time! 

CCD27B91-32B4-4021-AAAA-B3BA7452B3AF.thumb.jpeg.ad5f998053edce2002794a5f4f4aefbf.jpeg

2. The Dark Knight - HDZeta DL

A film from another exceptionally good trilogy, this is an Asian release and I chose this because it was a grail that evaded me for several months.

Very impressed with the transitional lenticular image on the rear of the DL. Of course the film is near perfect and never stales on repeat watches!

Was lucky enough to watch Hans Zimmer perform music from this and other great Nolan films earlier this year in concert. 

25F3742A-ADAF-4A50-9112-870B61C5814F.thumb.jpeg.5de94ab551c035c6b427eab7ae849fea.jpeg

3. Drive - Novamedia FS

Wanted to include this as it was Nova' first ever premium WEA release and the detail on the fullslip is sensational with a wonderful finish.

Still prefer this artwork with scorpion on rear of steelbook compared to Manta Lab's WEA

86166B49-EA92-4E5A-97DD-0DDFE88833D0.thumb.jpeg.4427cf9d1c747cbec4eb2c8427cf9a14.jpeg

4. Doctor Strange - Blufans DL

So this would have qualified for the first challenge which I foolishly missed!

Incredible depth on this sharp image and one of my favourite lentis. Especially since it took a long long time to find! Actually had SL before selling and replacing with the mighty DL. 

B07C9E88-F963-4412-864B-3618A9EA7F41.thumb.jpeg.3de7078daccfaff90561e431fa203ff3.jpeg

5. Bohemian Rhapsody - Filmarena FS

European release from FAC. This film was really enjoyable to watch both at the cinema (even with a 'sing along') and at home. Have always liked the music and chose this fullslip because I love the photo used and the colour just pops out on the shelf! 

Many thanks to @R1s1ngs0n for suggesting this challenge - was good fun !

44E49C32-BA06-49C8-9566-D863052BF602.thumb.jpeg.40b943c9122d87458c73a2fa9c52094a.jpeg

Edited by lunazero
Additional text
  • Like 24

Awards

vor 1 Stunde schrieb bilbon:

good evening everyone, I didn't take the time to join you for the first challenge but here I am ready for this one and the following

challenge #2

edition The lord of the rings and The Hobbit Amazon

this edition is in my eyes  the most beautiful release for this universe, the goodies have their effect and are above all of very good quality which is becoming rare, it took me a long time to get my hands on them and this universe has been by my side since I was very young so I have a  special affection for everything related to these stories

king Kong FAC

yes yes a FAC 😄 , I also love this film and this edition despite the fact that it is not a steelbook WEA remains very beautiful not its complement, and the embossing of the  fullslip is particularly well finished, it's amazing to see such a sharp quality for

photography

Drive Novamedia 

a film that I also really like  and a very beautiful edition, the steelbook is magnificent even if Manta has also released an edition that I have, I still stay on this one and it is this one that gave me the most trouble finding

The Goonies Cinemuseum

a  film that rocked my childhood and quibpoir moi remains the most beautiful release for this film to date even if the Zavvi is also very successful, but overall, this one is magnificent, the treasure map is even present, very heavy 

First Man Manta Lab

an edition of great beauty, a bet still successful at Manta, the only ones to do this style of finish to their boxset, a magnificent steelbook, the glossy is just whoua with the takeoff of the rocket which crosses Ryan's spacesuit  Gosling, I still remember the reception, I was excited to see this boxset wrapped in fabric in cosmonaut suit mode, impressive

20220922_173151.jpg

😉🙂

San Diego Lol GIF by San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance  ...great Items! 🤩👌👍 ✌️ Great Job Yes GIF by Superior Solutions Contracting

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, lunazero said:

Thanks very much @MikeH5856! Have updated my original post as submitted photos using phone but prefer desktop for adding all the additional words lol.

Ha! I actually did similarly this morning with my post! Emailed myself all the photos and then posted from the computer. I didn't want to deal with the pain of typing all that on my phone... lol

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2022 at 1:16 PM, Casiusco said:

It's beautiful, truly beautiful. Impressive.  Delicate. Elegant. Stylish. Fascinating. And yes, one of the best steelbooks I've seen.

I will never forget the day I bought it: I went later, it was sold out, and one day... trying only by chance... one additional copy appeared in stock and... zassssss!!! 🥰

I didn't include it on my selection to avoid to repeat retailer, and thinking about to save good bullets to future most beautiful steelbook challenge.... ;) 

But I'm ready..... be sure... 🤘😍

20220919-222228.jpg

God I'm so jealous. I want it so bad. The art on that is just stunning.

• Like 3

Awards