IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

I would keep A2. :)

A2 seems to be the more popular slip. I always heard great things about its texture but was a little disappointed when I got it in hand.  I do like the art but wish the colors popped a bit more.

20 minutes ago, Reagh said:

i would keep A1. Unless you have a thing for armpits and shoulder pad’s.

Well, I am originally from New Jersey. I suppose I have an affinity for armpits as a result...

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

I'm doing a little upkeep with the collection today (between work sessions) and thought it'd be fun to seek the opinion of ya'll.

One of these needs to go. Should I keep A1 (right) or A2 (left)? Which do you prefer?

A1 (right) for me for sure.   Unless you jacked up the contrast in your image :), this one really pops.

• Like 3

I was going to see Halloween Ends in theatres due to it being Curtis' final portrayal in the series, but after hearing about the polarization on this entry too, I might just watch it at home. I'll fire up my LG C1 and make some popcorn. Hopefully it's a decent flick.

Fight Ends GIF by Halloween

I'll just use my movie ticket on Barbarian this weekend instead as I heard it's awesome. 😁

Confused Horror Film GIF by 20th Century Studios

Edited by damships
  • Like 7

Awards

^^ Why is it, that Lynch always seems to be addressing us from some hidden reality in time and space, that only folks that have consumed an appropriate amount of pharmaceutical products that have hallucinogenic properties, can truly appreciate? We may never know... 🤔

edit: It took me a moment to track this down once more but fortunately, I was able to do so;

Lynch is being provided yet another Blu-ray dedicate to his idiosyncrasies and since it is in relation to a topic very dear to my heart, I thought it worth a mention.

British label Dogwoof is preparing a Blu-ray release of Alexandre Philippe's Lynch/Oz (2022). The release is scheduled to arrive on the market on December 5.

I will most assuredly, be picking this up.

325431_medium.jpg 

Link to the advert on YT:

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
36 minutes ago, Whodini said:

Hi people,

I've searched MP for two older group buys just now and I can't find them. They are Novamedia Apocalypse Now Final Cut, and Manta Lab Interstellar.

Have older group buys been deleted from the site?

@Whodini We routinely archive old GBs that have been completed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

Not as t this time … what is it you need to know …..?…

OK... I'm calling it market research.

I've spent the day cracking open sealed OCs that I always intended on only keeping only one slip and offloading the rest. There are quite a few that I can't come to a decision on and I wanted to have a look at the numbers of people requesting certain slips to help with my decision. For example.. I can't come to a decision on a particular title, I would prefer to hold onto the slip with the highest demand on the GB.

This is my thinking. Each to their own, but this is what I want to do.

PS. What is the reason the GBs have been archived and no longer available for us to see? I personally see value in the GBs being visible.

Edited by Whodini
Addition
  • Like 1

Awards

1 hour ago, ukade2327 said:

Apocalypse now .. most went for the Lenticular edition and Interstellar the OC 

As for Archive reasoning…it’s just something we do …they’re still there it just that members can’t see them 

Big sad 😔 

Interstellar singles? Which won?

@Masterblaster let's see the details bud 🤣

Awards

18 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

A1 (right) for me for sure.   Unless you jacked up the contrast in your image :), this one really pops.

I may have made some adjustments to sway the opinion....

But no, ha, I didn't touch it. I probably would keep A2 if it had just a bit more saturation but I think A1 takes the cake for now. Thank you all for your input!

9 hours ago, SilentasKnight said:

I say keep whichever one you want as long as I can have the other one 😁

Confused Big Eyes GIF by ENSI

Are you sure? My asking price may be a little high..

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

Just in case any mods are getting nervous...I know we're not allowed to sell here 😉

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Whodini said:

Big sad 😔 

Interstellar singles? Which won?

@Masterblaster let's see the details bud 🤣

It pains me (as a FS collector) to say but I think the SL is the best slip from that release.

They all seem to fetch a decent amount of money on the secondary market so I would just keep whichever one you like the most. 👍

• Like 5