IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

22 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Ah, yes - "Tomorrow". I think that's my motto. I'd go into more detail but, ya know, maybe tomorrow 😆

...And, c'mon, autumn is the best time of year! You have great holidays and the excitement of Christmas creeping in. The stifling heat and humidity starts to clear out and is replaced with fresh, cool air. That chill makes you feel ALIVE! It's easily my favorite season. 

Don't cry look at that bright...tomorrow!

200.gif

Nice words!

I like autumn, but I don't like the first few weeks, because here in summer we have many hours of daylight, until 11pm, and in autumn the days are getting shorter, shorter, and the first sensation is that you no longer have time for nothing, that everything is work and then it's already night.

Having more daylight hours changes the/my perspective of many things, it's something that instills optimism. There is always another possibility.

Then coming to Christmas when I've gotten used to it, it's even pretty. But the landing... always requires an effort. ;):D 

PS: The changes of the weather... these last years are not like before. It's cold, suddenly a strange delayed summer appears, suddenly it rains non-stop, or it never rains. You never know what to expect.

• Like 5

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Nice words!

I like autumn, but I don't like the first few weeks, because here in summer we have many hours of daylight, until 11pm, and in autumn the days are getting shorter, shorter, and the first sensation is that you no longer have time for nothing, that everything is work and then it's already night.

Having more daylight hours changes the/my perspective of many things, it's something that instills optimism. There is always another possibility.

Then coming to Christmas when I've gotten used to it, it's even pretty. But the landing... always requires an effort. ;):D 

PS: The changes of the weather... these last years are not like before. It's cold, suddenly a strange delayed summer appears, suddenly it rains non-stop, or it never rains. You never know what to expect.

I never thought of that, that there would be this transition as the daylight fades, then you would get used to the new rhythm.  Makes sense when you write it out.

The last week here in Virginia has been absolutely gorgeous.  It has been a terrible time for my productivity!  I wake up, and head to the mountains with the dog.  The leaves are changing and the air is clean clean clean.  And coffee from my thermos tastes soooooooooooooooo much better than it did three weeks ago when it was 80 F.  

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I never thought of that, that there would be this transition as the daylight fades, then you would get used to the new rhythm.  Makes sense when you write it out.

The last week here in Virginia has been absolutely gorgeous.  It has been a terrible time for my productivity!  I wake up, and head to the mountains with the dog.  The leaves are changing and the air is clean clean clean.  And coffee from my thermos tastes soooooooooooooooo much better than it did three weeks ago when it was 80 F.  

It sounds good. Of course, if you have mountains nearby, or if you have time to go, it's a charming time. The woods usually get very pretty; and we can breathe, feel that fresh air, nature around; drink something hot tasty, and if you add some pleasant conversation to that, the best.

No, it's not the best for productivity. ;) 

But Virginia sounds good. We should all go... :D 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

It sounds good. Of course, if you have mountains nearby, or if you have time to go, it's a charming time. The woods usually get very pretty; and we can breathe, feel that fresh air, nature around; drink something hot tasty, and if you add some pleasant conversation to that, the best.

No, it's not the best for productivity. ;) 

But Virginia sounds good. We should all go... :D 

You are all invited!  The reason I came here from New York was the nature and the weather.  Pretty fantastic.   But there are many beautiful places in the world to be.

22 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

You are all invited!  The reason I came here from New York was the nature and the weather.  Pretty fantastic.   But there are many beautiful places in the world to be.

Nice.

I've been in a lot of countries of Europe, and also a bit in Africa, but never in USA. 

Someday!

PS: And of course, if ever there is an International Meeting of Psychos, the logical thing is that the first one will be in the USA. Now we have 3 logical options:

1) Grayson, to pay our respects to the boss.

2) Virginia, to enjoy that nice walks between trees discussing HDZeta vs. Blufans.

3) @Veum house, to visit a true impressive collector's museum with thousands of editions ;) 

Although if I'm honest, I'm sure, more than sure, that, if we go to USA, 99% of Psychos would fervently want to know the neighborhood of @Hollywood E Rock.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Nice.

I've been in a lot of countries of Europe, and also a bit in Africa, but never in USA. 

Someday!

PS: And of course, if ever there is an International Meeting of Psychos, the logical thing is that the first one will be in the USA. Now we have 3 logical options:

1) Grayson, to pay our respects to the boss.

2) Virginia, to enjoy that nice walks between trees discussing HDZeta vs. Blufans.

3) @Veum house, to visit a true impressive collector's museum with thousands of editions ;) 

Although if I'm honest, I'm sure, more than sure, that, if we go to USA, 99% of Psychos would fervently want to know the neighborhood of @Hollywood E Rock.

Veum’s Island 🏝 

hey arnold nicksplat GIF Prepping Work From Home GIF by 60 Second Docs

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

That sounds absolutely delightful and something I wish I took more advantage of when I lived in Colorado.  Keep enjoying those walks - work can wait!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Reagh said:

Good morning psychos! I pressed the snooze button 4 times this morning, looks like it’s going to be one of those days. Have a great & prosperous day everyone! 

B94826D9-D10D-44AE-9FE7-3681C710D71F.gif.9a0dade465cec4f132aa76942c87577f.gif

5ECBD955-FB07-4F2F-B3C4-134A7AEB312B.gif.3dc0f8c726f5c78e028fb99d2038d0e4.gif

EF201D7E-E41C-4235-A597-91376EFA96DB.gif.1dfc274ed00dc3bc6c10b505167ffbc8.gif

Must be nationwide. It's one of those overcast/rainy mornings and I REALLY didn't want to get out of bed.

I'm doing my best to keep moving in an attempt to jump start myself and keep my eyes open.

Tired Wake Up GIF by Working Title

• Like 6

There are two types of times you are late for a GB, or a regular sale:

1) When that is a tragedy.

2) When deep down you breathe a sigh of relief, because you know you shouldn't have bought it.

There is also a third type: when you tell yourself that it doesn't matter, that basically buying that edition was a mistake, and in reality -already at that moment- you know that you will end up paying more money than that on eBay for it, and that it's only a matter of time.

In my case, lately I'm very slow. Very slow. Because I have to be strict with certain expenses, and that makes you think about things more often; but other than that, I'm slow.

I have to get in shape. I can't keep escaping more things, more good opportunities. The ones you shouldn't buy don't matter; but the ones I'm going to miss... those remain there, in memory.

Just like a girl or a boy you had a good chance with, and you didn't do what you had to do.

You know what I'm talking about, isn't it?

Once a man who worked at a hotel bar told me: "The worst thing about people who come here... is to get to the end of the game (soccer), to be in the 92nd minute, extra time, that the referee gives you an unfair penalty, that you can win the game... you have it easy... you just have to push the ball... and when you go to kick it, even though it's so easy, you send it out......"

Maybe he was right. Lately I have sent a couple of editions out. And it's no normal, being a Psycho everything is easier than being outside.

Decidedly, yes, I have to get in shape.

RR1d.gif

arnold-i-ll-be-back-1532949617.gif

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 10/10/2022 at 6:15 PM, BreakBeatDJ said:

Big thanks to @Scary Hair who taught me the proper way to use gifs. 

Let the creativity begin.

image.gif.60e29f813e3710247a6dd8703b132121.gif

I am looking forward to this mouse-pimp.gif.b5cdd5f64fbd3af732e6d7c0175154d8.gif

5 hours ago, Casiusco said:

There are two types of times you are late for a GB, or a regular sale:

1) When that is a tragedy.

2) When deep down you breathe a sigh of relief, because you know you shouldn't have bought it.

There is also a third type: when you tell yourself that it doesn't matter, that basically buying that edition was a mistake, and in reality -already at that moment- you know that you will end up paying more money than that on eBay for it, and that it's only a matter of time.

In my case, lately I'm very slow. Very slow. Because I have to be strict with certain expenses, and that makes you think about things more often; but other than that, I'm slow.

I have to get in shape. I can't keep escaping more things, more good opportunities. The ones you shouldn't buy don't matter; but the ones I'm going to miss... those remain there, in memory.

Just like a girl or a boy you had a good chance with, and you didn't do what you had to do.

You know what I'm talking about, isn't it?

Once a man who worked at a hotel bar told me: "The worst thing about people who come here... is to get to the end of the game (soccer), to be in the 92nd minute, extra time, that the referee gives you an unfair penalty, that you can win the game... you have it easy... you just have to push the ball... and when you go to kick it, even though it's so easy, you send it out......"

Maybe he was right. Lately I have sent a couple of editions out. And it's no normal, being a Psycho everything is easier than being outside.

Decidedly, yes, I have to get in shape.

RR1d.gif

arnold-i-ll-be-back-1532949617.gif

VERY VERY TRUE @Casiusco

For me rule

1 is love of the movie 

2  is gut instinct , collectors intuition, whatever you want to call it that not wanting to feel an Funny Animals Donkey GIF by Storyful

when I see editions in other members hands .

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

I am looking forward to this mouse-pimp.gif.b5cdd5f64fbd3af732e6d7c0175154d8.gif

VERY VERY TRUE @Casiusco

For me rule

1 is love of the movie 

2  is gut instinct , collectors intuition, whatever you want to call it that not wanting to feel an Funny Animals Donkey GIF by Storyful

when I see editions in other members hands .

Who is this strange woman I see before me 🤣

hippo GIF

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Basil 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3