IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Gary K said:

Ughh sorry mate, that’s a real bummer!

what makes me laugh is i have never ever lost a wallet in my life and the biggest joke is i reckon will turn up in a box weeks down the line yet, when i dont need it.

problem is i could not leave it with all the money in there or risk of fraud/theft.

its like rock and a hard place.

the worse bit is bank have changed from 3 working days for new card to 5 working days.

and getting thru to the bank on the phone now took 40 minutes as well.

they must have cut there staff by alot, always answered before covid within 20 minutes.

they trying to push so much to the automated stuff online, which does not help when you have had not internet access.

but now im on 50MB line speed and price of that has come down as well to £23 a month for 18 months 😁

only down side you had to wait 5 working days for that to go live xD 

basil 

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, Basil said:

what makes me laugh is i have never ever lost a wallet in my life and the biggest joke is i reckon will turn up in a box weeks down the line yet, when i dont need it.

problem is i could not leave it with all the money in there or risk of fraud/theft.

the worse bit is bank have changed from 3 working days for new card to 5 working days.

they must have cut there staff by alot, always answered before covid within 20 minutes.

they trying to push so much to the automated stuff online, which does not help when you have had not internet access.

but now im on 50MB line speed and price of that has come down as well to £23 a month for 18 months 😁

basil 

Yeah it seems so many things have gotten harder post covid.  I can never get the cable internet company on the phone when we have a problem (which is often) and banks - forget it.  It’s why I still keep my American Express.  When I’ve lost that card they’ve replaced it overnight.   

• Like 3

just trying to catch up now with whats been going on 👍

regards the new club its under current testing with certain members and when that is fully completed it will be opened up to all.

its nearly there but getting few minor bugs out me and @Hollywood E Rock 👍

then you will see the improvements 😁

basil 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Yeah it seems so many things have gotten harder post covid.  I can never get the cable internet company on the phone when we have a problem (which is often) and banks - forget it.  It’s why I still keep my American Express.  When I’ve lost that card they’ve replaced it overnight.   

My options for internet were dsl and satellite, but this year lte became available.  Lte at the start of the year was > 100 mbs, as more and more customers came it now runs about max 3 mbs.  I couldn't believe it when I saw how low the speed changed.

What The Hell Just Happened Reaction GIF

• Sad 2

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, Boilersteel said:

My options for internet were dsl and satellite, but this year lte became available.  Lte at the start of the year was > 100 mbs, as more and more customers came it now runs about max 3 mbs.  I couldn't believe it when I saw how low the speed changed.

What The Hell Just Happened Reaction GIF

We just invested in starlink satellite internet as a backup.  Since it’s come online we’ve been in pretty good shape.  

• Like 3

Just now, Gary K said:

We just invested in starlink satellite internet as a backup.  Since it’s come online we’ve been in pretty good shape.  

Been thinking about that, but they just put in fiber optic lines out at the street a few months ago.  For now it is for some kind of business line only, but hoping within the next 2 years I will finally have high speed internet.  

Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Boilersteel said:

Been thinking about that, but they just put in fiber optic lines out at the street a few months ago.  For now it is for some kind of business line only, but hoping within the next 2 years I will finally have high speed internet.  

Praying I Hope GIF by The Paley Center for Media

part of my old city in the center they stuck in 1GB lines for houses but i could not get as i was too far out but i mean 1GB lines for homes thats mental

Mad Nuts GIF by hamlet

basil xD 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Basil said:

basil 

Man, sorry to hear that, never fun to lose a wallet and have to go through that process. Happy to hear that you are moved in now and will have a fast working internet soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Basil said:

hello psychos hope everyone is well, still in the throws of moving atm.

just got my broadband turned on now.

its not been plain sailing as i would have liked but we are in, a million boxes to open and no furniture to put the stuff in 😭

have just managed to order 2 beds and a dining room table thanks to my parents as some how over the move i have managed to loose my wallet 😭

yes lost the bloody lot main bank card, 2 credit cards and all my other various cards.

lucky for me i had ordered a new driving licence round my mum and dads few days before on there internet.

at the age of 46 could not believe i need to get the back up of bank of mum and dad.

feels like i gone back 26 years, not good.

they have even had to pay for my supermarket shopping as well.

lucky for me they have been very understanding and realised one of those things.

also still fighting to get a correct quote on new curtains for the house lol.

something tells me this is going to be good few weeks before can order all the correct stuff for the house.

once get my beds and dining table be able to measure up for everything else.

glad im never ever moving again this is it xD 

basil 👍

Sorry to hear about all of that. I just helped my parents with a move a few month ago. The move itself it a hassle but it never fails that other things choose to go wrong at the same time.

Hopefully things can get worked and start to move a little faster for you!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Re: Internet service providers - don't get me started 🤣

The fear of something happening to the cable line is second only to complete destruction of our house during hurricanes. Solely because it is such a pain in butt to get them to actually fix what needs to be fixed.

A few years ago we had a near miss with very little widespread damage to the community. Unfortunately, the drop line for our connection was ripped from the house and the severed line was on the lawn. It took them a month to get out and fix it. They (Xfinity) finally showed up after 2 no shows/no call. The cherry on top is that it never would have happened if the previous guy didn't wrap the line (and attach it to) a palm tree 🤬. Oh, and this was after they asked me if I tried resetting my modem to fix the problem...🤦‍♂️

• Sad 3

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Re: Internet service providers - don't get me started 🤣

The fear of something happening to the cable line is second only to complete destruction of our house during hurricanes. Solely because it is such a pain in butt to get them to actually fix what needs to be fixed.

A few years ago we had a near miss with very little widespread damage to the community. Unfortunately, the drop line for our connection was ripped from the house and the severed line was on the lawn. It took them a month to get out and fix it. They (Xfinity) finally showed up after 2 no shows/no call. The cherry on top is that it never would have happened if the previous guy didn't wrap the line (and attach it to) a palm tree 🤬. Oh, and this was after they asked me if I tried resetting my modem to fix the problem...🤦‍♂️

Oh I get it.  Optimum is no better.  We were having outages every other day for months and months. Finally they said the problem was the line from the street to our house - which was our responsibility.   Had to finally bite the bullet and trench and underground pvc to run the cable and, hopefully, fiber optic when they get around to upgrading our area.  

around this time -2019 - is also when my collecting physical media kicked into overdrive.  At least of internet and cable go out I’d have my library!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, Basil said:

hello psychos hope everyone is well, still in the throws of moving atm.

just got my broadband turned on now.

its not been plain sailing as i would have liked but we are in, a million boxes to open and no furniture to put the stuff in 😭

have just managed to order 2 beds and a dining room table thanks to my parents as some how over the move i have managed to loose my wallet 😭

yes lost the bloody lot main bank card, 2 credit cards and all my other various cards.

lucky for me i had ordered a new driving licence round my mum and dads few days before on there internet.

at the age of 46 could not believe i need to get the back up of bank of mum and dad.

feels like i gone back 26 years, not good.

they have even had to pay for my supermarket shopping as well.

lucky for me they have been very understanding and realised one of those things.

also still fighting to get a correct quote on new curtains for the house lol.

something tells me this is going to be good few weeks before can order all the correct stuff for the house.

once get my beds and dining table be able to measure up for everything else.

glad im never ever moving again this is it xD 

basil 👍

@Basil so sorry to hear this buddy… moving is no fun but look on the bright side when all is done you’ll have the home you want… 🙏 things get much better now! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Oh I get it.  Optimum is no better.  We were having outages every other day for months and months. Finally they said the problem was the line from the street to our house - which was our responsibility.   Had to finally bite the bullet and trench and underground pvc to run the cable and, hopefully, fiber optic when they get around to upgrading our area.  

around this time -2019 - is also when my collecting physical media kicked into overdrive.  At least of internet and cable go out I’d have my library!

Wow, that must have been frustrating. I keep asking Xfinity to run our line underground but they won't do it. It seems like it would significantly reduce the risk. Oh well.

And yes, physical media is very helpful during those times. I just hope it doesn't die out.

• Like 3