IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤 Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌥️ here my friends… good day there Veum here❣️🙏:)🤠

Cold with intervals of clouds and sunshine; breezy this afternoon; dress warmly; it will feel more like November

Broke washing machine with clothes stuck in it (lock mechanism will not unlock) and trying to get/find a repair person here is so difficult 😞 Will see what happens 😔 

Happy Good Day GIF by Yevbel

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Veum said:

🥤 Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌥️ here my friends… good day there Veum here❣️🙏:)🤠

Cold with intervals of clouds and sunshine; breezy this afternoon; dress warmly; it will feel more like November

Broke washing machine with clothes stuck in it (lock mechanism will not unlock) and trying to get/find a repair person here is so difficult 😞 Will see what happens 😔 

Happy Good Day GIF by Yevbel

Yikes.  Hope you get that sorted.  Veum needs some clean clothes. :)

image.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Veum hope you get washing machine sorted out mike thats not fun.

you do realise with power off you should be able to open coin trap on front of machine to drain mike at least that way you be able to open it up get clothes out then once drained and switch back on.

just need a bowl and some buckets to get rid of water.

oh and btw the way my 3 new oak display cabinets coming friday and being built for my collection, when thats done just goto work out lighting for them :D

basil 👍

• Like 3

Good afternoon everyone.

Sometimes we watch movies or TV series many years after the first time, and our opinion changes; because we have changed, our criteria is different, or simply because there are series and movies that age badly.

I recently commented in another thread that I had been watching "Swordfish", a movie that I had liked very much in its day, and seen now, years later, yes, it's very funny, but, at the same time, I began to see the seams, its limits, and although I like it, I felt that it doesn't correspond to the so so good memory I had.

Sometimes it happens. Sure you all your own examples in this.

I've been thinking about it, because these days I started watching "Hannibal" (the TV Series) again, the first time since its premiere 9 years ago. And I had liked it a lot, it was engraved in my head that it's a great series; slow, elegant, psychological, brutal, bloody, reflective..., yes, but a great series.

These days, diving in his first season, I haven't finished yet, I realized that it's even better than I remembered; and, in this case, instead of discovering the seams and the limits of what I'm seeing, I have discovered the seams and the limits of my criteria and my point of view 9 years ago.

I guess it's something closely linked to maturity, experience and the calm that we gain over the years.

At the moment, I have imposed myself to see only one chapter a day, to taste it more, little by little, and have time to ramble a abit and think about it. Like old times. I see it as a dish of good sushi, to taste looking for the perfect bite; which is not always, but should be evaluated itself. 

It will be interesting for me to find out if this feeling is maintained until the end, or not. Let's see.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

🥤 Top of the day to ya, going to be ☀️  here my friends… good day there Veum here❣️🙏:)🤠

Suppose to have appliance repairman in today for our washing machine, we’ll see and also now we are having internet problems as our old provider has been bought by a new provider (hows come you can never have a smooth transition, huh 🤔?}

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Wednesday Morning GIF by MOODMAN

DAY

52°Hi
RealFeel® 48°
Chilly
RealFeel Shade™ 44°
Chilly 10/19 Plenty of sunshine, but cool
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Good afternoon everyone.

Sometimes we watch movies or TV series many years after the first time, and our opinion changes; because we have changed, our criteria is different, or simply because there are series and movies that age badly.

I recently commented in another thread that I had been watching "Swordfish", a movie that I had liked very much in its day, and seen now, years later, yes, it's very funny, but, at the same time, I began to see the seams, its limits, and although I like it, I felt that it doesn't correspond to the so so good memory I had.

Sometimes it happens. Sure you all your own examples in this.

I've been thinking about it, because these days I started watching "Hannibal" (the TV Series) again, the first time since its premiere 9 years ago. And I had liked it a lot, it was engraved in my head that it's a great series; slow, elegant, psychological, brutal, bloody, reflective..., yes, but a great series.

These days, diving in his first season, I haven't finished yet, I realized that it's even better than I remembered; and, in this case, instead of discovering the seams and the limits of what I'm seeing, I have discovered the seams and the limits of my criteria and my point of view 9 years ago.

I guess it's something closely linked to maturity, experience and the calm that we gain over the years.

At the moment, I have imposed myself to see only one chapter a day, to taste it more, little by little, and have time to ramble a abit and think about it. Like old times. I see it as a dish of good sushi, to taste looking for the perfect bite; which is not always, but should be evaluated itself. 

It will be interesting for me to find out if this feeling is maintained until the end, or not. Let's see.

Top notch post.  Thanks for this, very thoughtful.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ajames212 said:

I just saw on fb that cinemuseum has a new partnership with a new release scheduled for end of December. Check it out here. 

https://fb.watch/gfORrbvPLB/

What do you make of this announcement?  Anything specific that intrigues/excites/concerns you?  I'm curious if this type of announcement/partnership means good things for the community typically or heralds something else.   Sort of general industry question I guess.

• Like 4