IGNORED

Media Psychos European Cup Challenge

extantsrevenge

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How appropriate that the last 2 games played in the group stage were by far the most nail biting and mentally excruciating to follow.

Germany narrowly qualifiy and avoid another humiliating early exit after the Russia fiasco. Hungary almost got their revenge for the infamous 'Miracle of Bern' where Germany managed to beat the Puskas' Hungary in the 1954 World Cup final (the best team in the world at that time) after having suffered a 8-3 defeat by the same Hungarians in the group stage.

So what have learned from this group stage?

1. France don't play like World champions but can still improve.

2. Germany - England promises to be a game for the ages... or not.

3. The trophy is Italy's to lose.

PS - is there a doctor in the house? @thomue1987 needs resuscitation 😅

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• ★ Administrators ★

Kristen Bell Omg GIF by The Good Place

What was that yesterday 😲

So I watched the Portugal vs France match instead of Germany. I switchted 2 minutes after the start, since I wanted to see Portugal win and get me those stupid Bonus points.

Looks like the other game was also a nail biter.

But let me start at the beginning. I could absolutely not decide who would win the Portugal vs France match and had actually entered a 1:1 😭 and then I checked with my squirrel friends

squirrel GIF

I placed 2 nuts on the table and said if the 1 is taken first it means Portugal will win and of course the squirrel choose that nut 🤣 looking very confident while doing so

Espn Party GIF by X Games

so I changed my prediction to 2:1 for Portugal 🤪 and then....

squirrel GIF

...... long story short, I learned the following leasons yesterday:

1: NEVER LET A SQUIRREL PICK YOUR PREDICTIONS!

2: NEVER CHANGE YOUR PREDICTION (I did it once before in this Euro and it also cost me points😪)

3: Bonus Points suck (since I'm clearly unable to pick them right). Did you know that I'm the highest ranked player with only 3 correct Group winner predictions 😪

4: Getting close to @icewire is really hard, at one point yesterday I closed the gap between us to 2 Points now he is 10 ahead again (those damn Bonus points).

5: The quality of football has decreased a lot. I saw only 4 games: Germany vs France (a own goal decided the game and both teams did not deliver), Portugal vs Ungarn (80 Minutes of nothing and then a lucky turn for Portugal), Germany vs Portugal (again decided by 2 own goals), last Portugal vs France (3! penality shots and only 1 real goal). Also in the first half Portugal was playing better than France but in the second half 😲 omg how bad was that, here France was clearly the better team ( @R1s1ngs0n yes I admit it, but only for the second half and it does not mean that they are Euro champion material with a show like that 😜). Anyway clearly the most exciting game to watch as Portugal jumped around the chart places like crazy.

Anyway

Way To Go Good Job GIF by Justin

@icewire won Match day 6 with 12 Points and like @R1s1ngs0n already mentioned @bilbon did the impossible and predicted all 6 Group winners correctly as the only psycho

the matrix GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Personal Fun Fact: Both @R1s1ngs0n and @thomue1987 are currently behind me in the ranking 😛

• Haha 12

hi, just one quick uestion before play-offs - the predictions are for 90 minutes (so without overtime and/or penalties), right? i mean, if a match ends 1:1 in 90minutes and then is decided in overtime/penalties to 2:1, what will be the correct score? i assume that draw, but i want to be sure before doing any predictions. thanks 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• ★ Administrators ★
4 minutes ago, guri008 said:

hi, just one quick uestion before play-offs - the predictions are for 90 minutes (so without overtime and/or penalties), right? i mean, if a match ends 1:1 in 90minutes and then is decided in overtime/penalties to 2:1, what will be the correct score? i assume that draw, but i want to be sure before doing any predictions. thanks 🙂

Es wird das genaue Ergebnis getippt.

Es wird das Ergebnis "nach Elfmeterschießen" getippt.

The exact result is predicted.

The result "after a penalty shoot-out" is predicted.

-----------------------------

Meaning: DO NOT enter any draws from now on. If you think it will be a game with 120 Minintes and penality shots, make such a prediction like 4:6 or 5:4, something like that.

• Thanks 5