extantsrevenge

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, thomue1987 said:

I can change it that we bet on the result after 90min, after the extra time or after the penalty shootout. What prefers the majority of you all?

I say we keep it like it is. The game would be over after penality shots and have a winner.

Makes things more interesting.

1 hour ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

After extra time 👍

This I would maybe accept as an alternative. This way draws would be possible too... maybe that is even more interesting 🤔. Need to hear more thoughts on this from all players.

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
14 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

I say we keep it like it is. The game would be over after penality shots and have a winner.

Makes things more interesting.

This I would maybe accept as an alternative. This way draws would be possible too... maybe that is even more interesting 🤔. Need to hear more thoughts on this from all players.

Looking Let Me Think GIF by TipsyElves.com

Somehow it make no sense for me to change anything. From now on every game will have a winner. In regular time, over time or after penality shots. So betting on draws seems very strange.

On my personal game with my brother we give our predictions for the end of the over time but have to add who will win to get a full score of points, I guess that option is not possible here at all.

Now I'm curious what other point of views I can read tomorrow 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

il y a 17 minutes, extantsrevenge a dit :

Somehow it make no sense for me to change anything. From now on every game will have a winner. In regular time, over time or after penality shots. So betting on draws seems very strange.

On my personal game with my brother we give our predictions for the end of the over time but have to add who will win to get a full score of points, I guess that option is not possible here at all.

yes, let's stay like that and people will be able to bet until the end of the match if that is their feeling, I think it would be easier at 90 min but how many matches will reach extra time, maybe none, I am going for  2 out of 8 games that will go into overtime, to think about it, we are not going to change the rules of the game now, I asked at the start if io would be possible to choose but I think it will be too complicated, let's stay like that and the best  wins 😉 

@icewire watch your back 

Lionel Messi GIF by FC Barcelona

Edited by bilbon
  • Like 4

50 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

41 minutes ago, bilbon said:

yes, let's stay like that and people will be able to bet until the end of the match if that is their feeling, I think it would be easier at 90 min but how many matches will reach extra time, maybe none, I am going for  2 out of 8 games that will go into overtime, to think about it, we are not going to change the rules of the game now, I asked at the start if io would be possible to choose but I think it will be too complicated, let's stay like that and the best  wins 😉 

@icewire watch your back 

Lionel Messi GIF by FC Barcelona

Why are we trying to muddle up w/this after 90 minute deal... just stay the way it is capisce! 🙏

gordon ramsay shrimp GIF by Fox TV

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
  • ★ Administrators ★
27 minutes ago, Noir21 said:

In the end, the predictions of the matches are at 90 minutes, at 120 minutes or on penalties?

Forgive me but I have been saturated these last two days with stories and it was not entirely clear to me.

Reaction GIF

After penalties!

completely forgot to post that. So a lot is possible, or not if you look at the pairings of the games 😅

• Like 2

1 hour ago, extantsrevenge said:

After penalties!

completely forgot to post that. So a lot is possible, or not if you look at the pairings of the games 😅

of course, the system turns out to be strange, for example, the teams played 2-2 in the main time, then scored another 1-1 in extra time, and then they began to beat penalties 5-4, should we put it 8-7?

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, serg50 said:

of course, the system turns out to be strange, for example, the teams played 2-2 in the main time, then scored another 1-1 in extra time, and then they began to beat penalties 5-4, should we put it 8-7?

If you think that it the outcome that 8-7 would be your prediction 👍

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, serg50 said:

in my opinion, it would be possible to focus on the main and extra time, without taking into account the penalty. But if there are such rules, so be it.

That is how I think it should be done. 
Scores based on the actual play time of both teams. Decision by penalties is not a team effort and therefore should not be taken into account imo.

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
4 minutes ago, serg50 said:

in my opinion, it would be possible to focus on the main and extra time, without taking into account the penalty. But if there are such rules, so be it.

For me it makes no sense like that, since we will have a winner no matter what. Like I wrote before, in the game with my brother we predict the end result after extra time, but then add who will win to get points. That is not possible here, so I would find it strange when members get the winner right but are not getting any points, because in the 120 minutes we had a draw.

Maybe see how it goes and then we can decide if it was okay or if we should adjust for future challenges. Sadly after I asked what members think we had not much feedack form the other players on this.

Are you guys (that follow football regularly) and maybe also play such prediction games in a season doing it differently?

1 minute ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

That is how I think it should be done. 
Scores decided by the actual play time of both teams. Decision by penalties is not a team effort and therefore should not be taken into account imo.

So if we have a draw no team moves on then 😜

I'm happy to go with the flow of whatever you guys decide but I do have a suggestion....

I think we should stick to the way of predicting the final score after full/extra time with the current points system.

But if it goes to penalties we open a bonus round to guess the score after penalties.

This way it makes the penalties more exciting and is also a chance for more points. This will help for people lower in the ranks to catch up. Also a bonus chance for those who are actually watching the game.

I understand opening a separate section just to record penalties predictions at this stage may be difficult, but the way around that would be after the final whistle at full time we all write our penalty predictions here in this thread.

For example

Final whistle blows. We all write our penalty predictions here in this thread.

Example-

Wales 4 Denmark 5 

(Not adding the goals on from the actual game - just the penalty score)

You have until the first penalty is taken to write in your penalty prediction. Anyone who's prediction comes after the first penalty is void.

The points will be logged by a admin then all added on at the end of the current system - or as we go along if that can be done?

What does everyone think to that?

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 5

il y a 16 minutes, RileyLad a dit :

I'm happy to go with the flow of whatever you guys decide but I do have a suggestion....

I think we should stick to the way of predicting the final score after full/extra time with the current points system.

But if it goes to penalties we open a bonus round to guess the score after penalties.

This way it makes the penalties more exciting and is also a chance for more points. This will help for people lower in the ranks to catch up. Also a bonus chance for those who are actually watching the game.

I understand opening a separate section just to record penalties predictions at this stage may be difficult, but the way around that would be after the final whistle at full time we all write our penalty predictions here in this thread.

For example

Final whistle blows. We all write our penalty predictions here in this thread.

Example-

Wales 4 Denmark 5 

(Not adding the goals on from the actual game - just the penalty score)

You have until the first penalty is taken to write in you penalty prediction. Anyone who's prediction comes after the first penalty is void.

The points will be logged by a admin then all added on at the end of the current system - or as we go along if that can be done?

What does everyone think to that?

I find that fantastic

Clapping Applause GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1