What did you watch last night???

Basil

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOW SHOWING movie theatre sign home theater decor

🥤📺🎬💽 :) from our local library watching…

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif

Never Look Away (DVD)

German artist Kurt Barnert has escaped East Germany and now lives in West Germany, but is tormented by his childhood under the Nazis and the GDR-regime.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

UPDATE: production value very good and worked in some parts but not in most of it for me ☹️ 2.5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

251711_medium.jpg?t=1643584918

Plagued by strange memories, Neo's life takes an unexpected turn when he finds himself back inside the Matrix.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

UPDATE: It was just OK for me & a little too long in the tooth for me… If it is syfy I’m more a Stargate/Star Trek/Battlestar Galactica type! 3/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

just back from cinema and saw top gun maverick :D

absolutely brillant its not often you can say the second was better than the first has lots of ups and downs plenty in the story line and does not lose it legs going thru.

even go as far saying tom cruises best film to date so far, might be i have the rose tinted glasses on but think ill stand by that statement.

all i want is a premium steelbook of this for my shelf

my rating 9.6 out of 10 

has something for everyone

Top Gun Maverick Movie GIF by Top GunIm Ready Lets Go GIF by Top Gun

basil :D

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Basil said:

just back from cinema and saw top gun maverick :D

absolutely brillant its not often you can say the second was better than the first has lots of ups and downs plenty in the story line and does not lose it legs going thru.

even go as far saying tom cruises best film to date so far, might be i have the rose tinted glasses on but think ill stand by that statement.

all i want is a premium steelbook of this for my shelf

my rating 9.6 out of 10 

has something for everyone

Top Gun Maverick Movie GIF by Top GunIm Ready Lets Go GIF by Top Gun

basil :D

I absolutely loved it. This movie had everything you want in a summer blockbuster and just in a film in general. What did you think of the new mission impossible trailer?

• Like 3

Awards

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

I absolutely loved it. This movie had everything you want in a summer blockbuster and just in a film in general. What did you think of the new mission impossible trailer?

that looked pretty good especially the bike bit from the cliff and i dont normally like MI xD 

am i getting old xD 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Basil said:

that looked pretty good especially the bike bit from the cliff and i dont normally like MI xD 

am i getting old xD 

I'm not a fan of mi either but after fallout I'm on board but whoever did the music for that trailer needs to be fired the score and tone was just off. But other than that it looks exciting.

• Like 1

Awards

image.jpeg.6ad1838532bb26818846d8cd5a9a953b.jpeg

Manhunt II: The Night Stalker, a four part drama, is the real life story of the police pursuit of a notorious serial rapist, whose 17 year reign of terror left thousands of elderly people in south east London living in fear. It is based on the diaries of Colin Sutton.

107306_medium.jpg?t=1432749492

The gritty telling of the extraordinary true story of Alec Jeffreys discovery of DNA fingerprinting and its first use by Detective Chief Superintendent David Baker in catching a double murderer.

UPDATE: interesting to see the 1st DNA findings for cases which track down the killer in this case. 3/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

I, Daniel Blake (DVD)

Daniel Blake is a 59-year-old widowed carpenter who must rely on welfare after a recent heart attack leaves him unable to work. Despite his doctor's diagnosis, British authorities deny Blake's benefits and tell him to return to his job. As Daniel navigates his way through an agonizing appeal process, he begins to develop a strong bond with a destitute, single mother who's struggling to take care of her two children.

image.jpeg.c36f6a41a33659481e895bd8febd6e94.jpeg

https://youtu.be/ahWgxw9E_h4

UPDATE: another top notch film from Director Ken Loach that shows the sadness in the way the working person is treated. 4/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

A three-part drama set in the trauma unit of a London hospital, a grieving father blames a high-achieving trauma consultant for the death of his teenage son. 

UPDATE: pretty intense drama about the emotional trauma of a father grieving his son’s tragic murder & subsequent trauma surgeon’s fatal error. 3.5/5

• Like 1

22149_medium.jpg?t=1319398086

A heretic priest plots to use a teenage nun in a depraved sexual pact with the forces of darkness.

image.jpeg.38caf21f028bd515cb5755aacda1b83a.jpeg

UPDATE: a fairly strange tale with Christopher Lee as an excommunicated priest into the dark forces… Nastassja Kinski was wonderful to look at and Richard Widmark is utilized as a successful author of occult novels but this was such a mishmash of a plot for me 😔 2.5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

252612_medium.jpg?t=1649031294

When a powerful force knocks the moon off of its orbit, former astronaut and NASA executive Jo Fowler (Halle Berry) immediately jumps into action to save humankind. Unfortunately for her, only Brian Harper (Patrick Wilson), a figure from her past, and KC Houseman (John Bradley), a conspiracy theorist, believe that she holds the key to stopping the impending disaster. With only a few weeks until the displaced heavenly body crashes into Earth, the unlikely team heroically pursues their mission, only to find out that the moon is not what it seems to be. 

UPDATE: surprisingly enjoyed this film, even through the dramatic dialogue for a lot of the film! 4/5

Edited by Veum

I finally got around to watching Parasite for the first time ever a few days ago~

South Korea GIF by Madman Films

Nothing short of incredible! Korean cinema (and Asian cinema in general) is just miles ahead of other cinema at times (namely American cinema)... the cinematography and storytelling abilities of directors and writers as well as the acting chops of the actors is just unparalleled.

I'm very glad that I blind bought two slips for this movie from the Injoingan release, it's definitely one of my new favorites!!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, atomicblonde said:

I finally got around to watching Parasite for the first time ever a few days ago~

South Korea GIF by Madman Films

Nothing short of incredible! Korean cinema (and Asian cinema in general) is just miles ahead of other cinema at times (namely American cinema)... the cinematography and storytelling abilities of directors and writers as well as the acting chops of the actors is just unparalleled.

I'm very glad that I blind bought two slips for this movie from the Injoingan release, it's definitely one of my new favorites!!

What took you so long lol.

Awards

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

What took you so long lol.

Very large backlog of movies and shows to watch (the latter of which I’ve mainly chosen to indulge in since the pandemic started as it’s been overwhelming) plus I was somewhat concerned about watching it because of the hype factor. I understand how monumental Parasite’s many wins at the Oscars are and I celebrated heavily the night of (even without having seen it - it’s like a smidge of retribution for other amazing Korean films that deserved Oscar level accolades and were snubbed, and I know how important it was for many people). I was worried that after all of the acclaim I might end up not liking it. Glad it wasn’t the case in the end

• Like 3