IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, bossjon said:

My youngest, who is 16. really liked it.  Better than The Black Phone.  I did not see that one, not really my type of movie. It was good, outside what I usually watch.  A slow burn, .  One of the theaters around here has a discount on Tuesdays.  So grabbed the good theater for $7 each.  

Great to hear.  I’ve been curious how younger audiences will respond. 

• Like 2

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched Nightcrawler last night - really good, slow burn noir. Jake Gyllenhaal plays psychopaths way too well, and I was constantly curious to see what he would do next. It's a really neat update on the photojournalistic exploits of Weegee cast into the modern-day luridness of the TV news industry. Well worth checking out, IMO (although I may be among the last to see this...it came out nearly a decade ago now...LOL).

image.jpeg.dec523e66357a592db68945963829dbf.jpeg

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
15 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Watched Nightcrawler last night - really good, slow burn noir. Jake Gyllenhaal plays psychopaths way too well, and I was constantly curious to see what he would do next. It's a really neat update on the photojournalistic exploits of Weegee cast into the modern-day luridness of the TV news industry. Well worth checking out, IMO (although I may be among the last to see this...it came out nearly a decade ago now...LOL).

Loved this and I agree, Gyllenhall really freaked me out in this one !

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Enjoyed this film very much! 🎬

• Like 4

3 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

I recently saw it and I really like it too. Jake's great performance.👏

• Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★

image.thumb.png.bd943ff7636d59af7c126c8ec2191ab1.png

Last night I finally cracked open the amazing Arrow 4K HDR restoration of this classic Giallo.

The first time I watched this, it was early in my giallo adventures and in the truncated english language version. Despite that, I still absolutely loved it.

Last night though, seeing it in pristine 4K HDR in the full length Italian version I think its safe to say that it is a stone cold masterpiece and one of my very very favorites. Particularly have watched so many second, third and fourth tier giallo over the past few years I'm comfortable ranking this number 1.

Here with his fourth giallo, Argento is in peak form with his artistic use of composition and camera movement both lending a truly cinematic scope and feel. The gore is bloodier and gnarlier than his earlier efforts (though still tame by today's standards) and hits hard. The acting - particularly David Hemming And Daria Nicolodi - is wonderful. The script is clever and almost literary in its exploration of memory and trauma. And the goblin score---I'd forgotten just how good those few pieces were and the fact that they are repeated often in the film only made me happier.

For now - at least until I re-watch Tenebre in 4K - this is my top giallo of all time.

If you're new to the genre or just curious I highly recommend.

• Like 2

NOW SHOWING movie theatre sign home theater decor

🥤📺🎬💽 :) watched from Prime Video…

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif 

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

Pensioner Tom travels the length of the UK by bus, retracing the journey he made with his late wife years before, so that he can visit his hometown and his memories one last time.

https://youtu.be/43037dKDMuQ

A fantastic film showing the true grit of an older fella wanting to give his late wife’s… 4/5 

Edited by Veum

🥤📺🎬💽 :) watching…

The Bourne Identity 4K (Blu-ray)

After being pulled from the sea with two bullets in his back, a man awakens on a fishing boat with no memory.

https://youtu.be/FpKaB5dvQ4g

UPDATE: An excellent top-notch spy thriller that is definitely my ‘cup of tea’:)🙌 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

164765_medium.jpg?t=1476805474

When his girlfriend is murdered and he is framed for the assassination of a fellow agent, Jason Bourne finds himself on the run again.

UPDATE: Another thrilling installment in the Bourne franchise. Focuses on his attempt to learn more of his past as he is once more enveloped in a conspiracy involving the CIA and Operation Treadstone. 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, Gary K said:

Sweet!! Seeing it next Tuesday. Looking forward to your take. 

Enjoyable movie.   Plenty of action,  decent amount of humor.  Dialog was sometimes tough,  multiple accents throughout.  Didn't realize the amount of people that were in the cast, multiple cameos.   

Key indicator for me that it was good, my wife did not fall asleep.  She habitually falls asleep if she's not interested.   

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
33 minutes ago, bossjon said:

Enjoyable movie.   Plenty of action,  decent amount of humor.  Dialog was sometimes tough,  multiple accents throughout.  Didn't realize the amount of people that were in the cast, multiple cameos.   

Key indicator for me that it was good, my wife did not fall asleep.  She habitually falls asleep if she's not interested.   

Awesome.  Looking forward to it even more Now.  Thanks!

• Like 1

image.jpeg.c0c1894f8273b19cbf310a9df06d167f.jpeg

Jason Bourne dodges a ruthless CIA official and his agents from a new assassination program while searching for the origins of his life as a trained killer.

https://youtu.be/ZT2ZxjUjSo0

UPDATE: the 3rd installment of the Bourne Franchise with exciting fights, chases and Jason still trying to figure out how he started in this secretive program. 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

Had a spare 90mins last night so went skimming through Netflix for an easy watch and came up with this.

Metal Lords.

School of Rock meets Airheads - Predictable, Far from Original, but entertaining enough and slightly Amusing. If you like old metal music then this may be worth a watch. Guest appearance from my fav guitarist, Tom Morello was bit random given it was 70’s 80’s metal, but that about sums it up. 

D6F4A439-0733-4DD7-B591-8B3B2452DFEC.jpeg

• Like 1

Tonight’s watch was far more anticipated than last nights and had been looking forward to it.

PREY

Did I expect it to live up to Predator? No of course not. Is it a worthy Predator story? Mmmm, I’d say so yeah. It’s a slow burner and an interesting take as this one is set in 1719. But overall it ticks the Predator boxes. Same fancy alien gadgets, but with a somewhat ‘Historic’ Predator this time. More hunting, less guns.

Amber Midthunder (Marvels Legion) plays the role of Nanu, a Comanche Hunter and does a great job. Not sure about all of the accents, but I always take issue with this within period pieces.

Now that Marvel has acquired and releasing new Predator and Alien comics, along with the fact that ‘Prey’ is on Disney+ (as are the other Predator movies) then I suspect this is just the beginning. Hopefully they won’t kill it too much. 🤞🏼

All in all, if you’re a Predator fan, I say go for it. You might just like it.

326EC3CF-C98A-4D00-B657-BCDDEDE11999.png

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 7

• ★ Administrators ★

EC4283C7-E8BB-4496-9CBE-9080229951E5.thumb.jpeg.1487b0a38ee927389bf6a10f760fc2b2.jpeg

You can add me to the list of Prey lovers. 

Pretty much the only negative I can say about this excellent new sci-fi, action thriller pitting an old school Predator against the Comanche is that I didn’t see it in the theater.  The gorgeous cinematography really deserves the biggest screen possible. 

Amber Midthunder is amazing in the lead and I look forward to more from her.   She has a physicality and intensity that’s rare among her peers.  It was also refreshing to see so many native Americans playing native Americans.  

The action was well shot and fun and the film admirably kept the winks to other installments in the franchise to a minimum.   Some wonky CGI but that’s to be expected when you use it for all the animals as well. 

Of course despite wishing I’d seen this in a big screen, I do hope we get a stellar DV/atmos premium edition.  

• Like 5