Basil

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

🥤:)📺 Britbox watching…

FX watched…

A Confession E4 - The remains of two murdered women are recovered due to the actions of DS Steve Fulcher; the families of Sian and Becky soon discover that, despite the confession of Christopher Halliwell, getting justice will not be straightforward.
E5 - Karen Edwards refuses to give up her fight to get justice for Becky; DS Steve Fulcher begins to witness the consequences of his actions after eliciting a confession from Christopher Halliwell.
E6 - When Wiltshire Police find a way to bring Christopher Halliwell to court for Becky's murder, Fulcher realizes that he will have to come face to face with the man who ruined his career.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

Martin Freeman stars in BAFTA-nominated true story of Detective Superintendent Stephen Fulcher, who heroically risks his good name to track down the culprit responsible for the disappearance of 22-year-old Sian O'Callaghan.

FX Watching…
Mayans M.C. Season premiere S4

E1 Cleansing of the Temple - War descends on Santo Padre.
E2 Hymn Among the Ruins - The club navigates a tenuous new world order.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

• Like 2

🥤:)📺 britbox

Our Cops in the North

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

S1 E1
Northumbria Police receive a call from a man whose 70-year old neighbor has been robbed at knife point by masked attackers.

E2
 Police investigate the fatal stabbing of a woman at the shop where she worked. Elsewhere in Sunderland, detectives investigate a complex crime spree. In Gateshead, officers deal with a man banned from a pub.

E3
While 155 of Northumbria's cops are policing a local derby football match between Newcastle and Sunderland murder detectives investigate a fatal stabbing. Rural officers intensify efforts to prevent poaching.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

So just saw The Northman and what a amazing film omg it's absolutely incredible, this is a must for theatres because the sound of this film will blow you away, from the low hums of nordic songs the beating of drums and crackling of fire and the low and deep throat sounds of dialogue.  If your a fan of DBZ some great yelling and roaring that gives you chills. The cinematography is insane and probably the best part of the film it's the witch and the lighthouse on shrooms I have never seen a historical film with shots and atmosphere like this. The story and characters are excellent though the story is straight forward and has been done before it has never been done like this, this may be Eggers best film it is easily my favorite film so far this year and I dont see it being beaten. 0x0.thumb.jpg.514dff606be60a1f485b909fda90b119.jpg

• Like 8

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

Awesome I can’t wait to see this myself.   

20 minutes ago, Ryan said:

So just saw The Northman and what a amazing film omg it's absolutely incredible, this is a must for theatres because the sound of this film will blow you away, from the low hums of nordic songs the beating of drums and crackling of fire and the low and deep throat sounds of dialogue.  If your a fan of DBZ some great yelling and roaring that gives you chills. The cinematography is insane and probably the best part of the film it's the witch and the lighthouse on shrooms I have never seen a historical film with shots and atmosphere like this. The story and characters are excellent though the story is straight forward and has been done before it has never been done like this, this may be Eggers best film it is easily my favorite film so far this year and I dont see it being beaten. 0x0.thumb.jpg.514dff606be60a1f485b909fda90b119.jpg

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Ryan said:

Noice, however I have to enjoy it in the home theatre! 😉

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Veum said:

Noice, however I have to enjoy it in the home theatre! 😉

As long as you got a good sound set up it shouldnt take away the experience. But it's a must see no matter how you have to watch it. I been telling people whether you like it or not, one thing I can promise is you will be blown away. Look forward to you seeing it and sharing your thoughts🙂

• Like 2

Awards

10 minutes ago, Ryan said:

As long as you got a good sound set up it shouldnt take away the experience. But it's a must see no matter how you have to watch it. I been telling people whether you like it or not, one thing I can promise is you will be blown away. Look forward to you seeing it and sharing your thoughts🙂

In most peeps opinions my sound system for films 🎥 would probably be too inadequate but it suits me just fine…

—- 2 bookcase Sony speakers + 2 bookcase Radio Shack speakers hooked up to my Denon receiver and run through my Sony 4K TV (I can raise the sound  either through the receiver remote or the TV remote or both!!😉)! :)

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, Veum said:

In most peeps opinions my sound system for films 🎥 would probably be too inadequate but it suits me just fine…

—- 2 bookcase Sony speakers + 2 bookcase Radio Shack speakers hooked up to my Denon receiver and run through my Sony 4K TV (I can raise the sound  either through the receiver remote or the TV remote or both!!😉)! :)

Better than what I got, which is nothing lol. Cant wait for the day to have my own home theatre.

• Like 2

Awards

13 hours ago, Ryan said:

Así que acabo de ver The Northman y qué película tan increíble, Dios mío, es absolutamente increíble, esto es imprescindible para los cines porque el sonido de esta película te dejará boquiabierto, desde los zumbidos bajos de las canciones nórdicas, el sonido de los tambores y el crepitar del fuego y el bajo. y sonidos de diálogo de garganta profunda. Si eres fanático de DBZ, algunos gritos y rugidos geniales te dan escalofríos. La cinematografía es una locura y probablemente la mejor parte de la película es la bruja y el faro sobre hongos. Nunca había visto una película histórica con tomas y una atmósfera como esta. La historia y los personajes son excelentes, aunque la historia es sencilla y se ha hecho antes, nunca se ha hecho así, esta puede ser la mejor película de Eggers, es fácilmente mi película favorita en lo que va del año y no veo que sea superada. 0x0.pulgar.jpg.514dff606be60a1f485b909fda90b119.jpg

For me, one of the most anticipated movies of the year, I hope to see it this weekend, I'm looking forward to it 😬

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Noir21 said:

For me, one of the most anticipated movies of the year, I hope to see it this weekend, I'm looking forward to it 😬

Come back after and share your thoughts. I dont normally buy OC but if theres a premium for this I'm going all in.

• Like 4

Awards

🥤:)📺SYFY - DVR

The Village (2004)

Members (Bryce Dallas Howard, Joaquin Phoenix, Adrien Brody) of a 19th-century community fear the strange creatures that inhabit the surrounding forest.

UPDATE: enjoyed the period piece but it was just to waaaayyy to slowwww! 😛 2.5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

🥤:)📺 TCM - DVR

Colorado Territory (1949) bullwhip.gif
After escaping from jail, outlaw Wes McQueen is convinced by his old partner in crime to do one last heist.

UPDATE: enjoyable western romp with some great actor/actresses—- Joel McCrea, Virginia Mayo, Dorothy Malone, Henry Hull, Ian Wolfe & Director Raoul Walsh … the winner again is the lush landscapes when shown! :) 3.5/5

watching…

Riding Shotgun (1954)  bullwhip.gif

An outlaw and his gang attack a stagecoach, leaving its guard (Randolph Scott) to take the blame.

image.jpeg.3e5a6b33a4e4d58f3e7c2fd9423d714a.jpeg

UPDATE: A walloping good time with one of our fav Western actors Randolph Scott who was thought to be the mastermind hold-up, however … 3/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Ryan said:

Vuelve después y comparte tus pensamientos. Normalmente no compro OC, pero si hay una prima por esto, voy con todo.

Well, I couldn't stand the desire and I was able to see it just a few minutes ago.

I had high hopes for the movie and it has fulfilled them without a doubt. Completely agree with your opinion about her; the best vikings movie for me.

The moment of the Valkyrie is simply wonderful and precious at the same time😍, and so many moments in the movie.

The best movie of the year so far, for me and of course I will go headlong for any edition they do.😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🥤:)📺 SONYHD - DVR

Today You Die (2005)
A world-class thief (Steven Seagal) escapes from prison to exact revenge on the partners who double-crossed him.

UPDATE: Your typical Seagal film with some blowing ups hmm… 2/5 Watching…

Fortess (1992) - Outlaw parents (Christopher Lambert, Loren Locklin) of the future are sent to a high-tech prison as punishment for a second pregnancy.

image.jpeg.3487e868984a47e73d1ecfd61a19eaa5.jpeg

UPDATE: OK it’s syfy however dragged on too long… 2/5

Watching Amazon Prime…

The Lost (2020)

Detectives investigate the disappearance of a young girl who goes missing from her home during a family birthday party. As detectives piece together the events of that fearful night, they soon discover there’s more to the story then they realized. A complete matrix of abuse and even murder begins to materialize, and one of the detectives finds himself dangerously entangled.

UPDATE: What? What just happened… a jumbled-up-mess that could have gone in such a better way… and the ending *confused* 2/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

Last night I watched David Cronenberg‘s Eastern Promises. I have seen the movie several times over the years and I have always enjoyed it. So I was really excited when Kino announced the release of the new 4k presentation, and Kino did not disappoint. The Dolby Vision is done flawlessly in my opinion. Flesh tones are accurate, the black levels are superb. Definitely the best release this film has ever received, I fully recommend the upgrade if you have the standard Blu-ray. 

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Reagh said:

Last night I watched David Cronenberg‘s Eastern Promises. I have seen the movie several times over the years and I have always enjoyed it. So I was really excited when Kino announced the release of the new 4k presentation, and Kino did not disappoint. The Dolby Vision is done flawlessly in my opinion. Flesh tones are accurate, the black levels are superb. Definitely the best release this film has ever received, I fully recommend the upgrade if you have the standard Blu-ray. 

I’ll need to get this on the next kino sale! :)

too cute bunny eating GIF

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Reagh said:

Do It my friend! I would suggest that you shouldn’t wait to long though if slipcovers are important to you. Kino only does the slipcovers for the first pressing's and they can get very pricey on the aftermarket. 

It’s funny you should mention that… why do I always want these slipcovers, huh 🤔 

Doc Brown GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

Last night I’d hoped to get to the Northman, but still feeling under the weather.  Instead I queued up the French extreme horror classic Inside. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0856288/

Im a fan of other films in the new French horror genre like the unreal Martyrs, High Tension etc so was excited for this. 

A simple set up finds a pregnant woman about to give birth on Christmas Eve at home alone as she is terrorized by a mysterious, unhinged woman played by Beatrice Dalle.  

Essentially a single set two hander, this is extremely well acted, staged and shot but be prepared.  This thing is GNARLY with a ton of over the top shocking violence and gore.   I’m a huge horror fan and certainly sequences were even tough for me!

still 4.5/5 stars. 

BFC307B1-A2DA-49D0-A1A8-742DBE9B236F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1