IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

4 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Last night I’d hoped to get to the Northman, but still feeling under the weather.  Instead I queued up the French extreme horror classic Inside. 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0856288/

Im a fan of other films in the new French horror genre like the unreal Martyrs, High Tension etc so was excited for this. 

A simple set up finds a pregnant woman about to give birth on Christmas Eve at home alone as she is terrorized by a mysterious, unhinged woman played by Beatrice Dalle.  

Essentially a single set two hander, this is extremely well acted, staged and shot but be prepared.  This thing is GNARLY with a ton of over the top shocking violence and gore.   I’m a huge horror fan and certainly sequences were even tough for me!

still 4.5/5 stars. 

BFC307B1-A2DA-49D0-A1A8-742DBE9B236F.jpeg

I’m also a huge horror fan but more on the subtle, spooky, ol mansions, secret rooms and such… do not like a lot of gore though! :)

So I imagine this film would not be my ‘cup of tea’!! 😉

• Like 3

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
25 minutes ago, Veum said:

I’m also a huge horror fan but more on the subtle, spooky, ol mansions, secret rooms and such… do not like a lot of gore though! :)

So I imagine this film would not be my ‘cup of tea’!! 😉

yeah not so much.  The first third is that creepy, spooky atmospheric style, but then it goes fully off the gore rails in the best of ways if you’re a fan of that sort of thing.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

🥤:)📺 

Amazon Prime watching…

Lansky (2021) 

When the aging Meyer Lansky is investigated one last time by the Feds who suspect he has stashed away millions of dollars over a half century, the retired gangster spins a dizzying tale, revealing the untold truth about his life as the notorious boss of Murder Inc. and the National Crime Syndicate.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

UPDATE:  A very good gangster story with the aging mobster reminiscing and telling his story to a wannabe author of his days of running the Mob as Harvey Keitel played the aging Meyer Lansky exceptionally… did not particularly liked the Fed connection though… this film reminds me of The Irishman, would love to see/have a 4K edition of this! :) 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

306564_medium.jpg?t=1638449253

Series 22 E1 THE WOLF HUNTER OF LITTLE WORTHY

After a local photographer wins an urban myth competition with his creation of the Wolf Hunter, it unexpectedly gains a cult following. However, when a man is killed, Barnaby and Winter must investigate if this myth has become murderous reality.

image.jpeg.e4e277f274f16037b4706f74901b12a8.jpeg

UPDATE: I’m a devoted fan of our beloved MM and in this episode it did not disappoint me as it had enough of my seriousness want with the usual MM quirkiness applied. And some werewolf myth story to boot! :) 5/5

Watching…

Doctor Cyclops (Blu-ray)

A brilliant but deranged physicist who learns how to shrink his enemies to 0ne-fifth their normal size! 

image.jpeg.5a85743effcf4d8e28e5e33861ac2196.jpeg

UPDATE: Very delightful little 1940 classic syfy with its technicolor and outstanding visual effects. :) 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

🥤:)📺 Watching TCM - DVR…

Cry Wolf (1947)

A Widow (Barbara Stanwyck) visits her husband’s (Richard Basehart) family estate, where his rich uncle (Errol Flynn) keeps a secret lab off limits.

EDIT: Like this film because of 2 of my favs Errol Flynn & Barbara Stanwyck and it’s classy look. 3.5/5

AMC DVR - Better Call Saul 

S6 E3 Rock and Hard Place

Still on the run, Nacho is forced to choose where his loyalties lie; Jimmy must decide whether he wants to remain a friend of the cartel after his reputation is called into question; Gus and Mike ready the team for a meeting.

PBS - DVR - Before We Die

S1 E6
 In a dramatic final showdown, the undercover police team attempt tp bust the Mimica’s drug smuggling operation, but they’re in for an unpleasant surprise.

TCM - DVR 

Blackmail (1939)

A fugitive (Edward G. Robinson) from a chain gang becomes an oil-well firefighter and meets the man (Gene Lockhart) who framed him.

image.jpeg.5275d38b6dd42c55a4cf91f7efe943c5.jpeg

EDIT: excellent film of one of my favs Edward G as he took the rap for something he did not do and ended up on the chain gang AGAIN! 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★

last night I watched the new 4K disc of house of Gucci.  I’m a big Ridley Scott fan and loved the first hour or so of this but, damn by the end it felt wayboverlong and bloated.  

still worth a watch for Lady Gaga, Adam Driver and Al Pacino. 

the 4K looked exquisite. 

3.5/5

https://youtu.be/pGi3Bgn7U5Uspacer.png

• Like 4

On 4/26/2022 at 3:55 PM, Gary K said:

last night I watched the new 4K disc of house of Gucci.  I’m a big Ridley Scott fan and loved the first hour or so of this but, damn by the end it felt wayboverlong and bloated.  

still worth a watch for Lady Gaga, Adam Driver and Al Pacino. 

the 4K looked exquisite. 

3.5/5

https://youtu.be/pGi3Bgn7U5Uspacer.png

This is pretty much how I felt about it. I was really into it at first but my interest definitely waned as it went on. The story itself was…ok. The performances are really the best part.

• Like 2

britbox watching…

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif 

On this beautiful Sunday here, I figured why not get into one of my fav genres the UK police procedure/crime dramas! icon_biggrin.gif

D.S.I. Bancroft S1

On the surface, Elizabeth Bancroft is a model DCI. But when a disturbing crime brings her personal and professional life crashing together, she is confronted with a chilling new enemy, and the repercussions of her past actions return to haunt her.

E1 - The formidable Det. Superintendent Elizabeth Bancroft is leading the charge against the violent Kamara gang. DS Katherine Stevens is given a cold murder case.
E2 - Bancroft helps Katherine and Anya with the Fraser case, but they are struggling to find any worthwhile forensic evidence.
E3 - Bancroft faces a startling blast from the past, which brings the events from 1990 back to the surface.
E4 - Katherine and Anya make a determined push to get to the bottom of the Fraser case once and for all.

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse2.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Veum said:

britbox watching…

image.gif.ff8658edd74eed04c5e02f88cb09ab5a.gif 

On this beautiful Sunday here, I figured why not get into one of my fav genres the UK police procedure/crime dramas! icon_biggrin.gif

D.S.I. Bancroft S1

On the surface, Elizabeth Bancroft is a model DCI. But when a disturbing crime brings her personal and professional life crashing together, she is confronted with a chilling new enemy, and the repercussions of her past actions return to haunt her.

E1 - The formidable Det. Superintendent Elizabeth Bancroft is leading the charge against the violent Kamara gang. DS Katherine Stevens is given a cold murder case.
E2 - Bancroft helps Katherine and Anya with the Fraser case, but they are struggling to find any worthwhile forensic evidence.
E3 - Bancroft faces a startling blast from the past, which brings the events from 1990 back to the surface.
E4 - Katherine and Anya make a determined push to get to the bottom of the Fraser case once and for all.

Life of Crime S1 

Set against the backdrop of iconic moments in British history Hayley Atwell (Denise Woods) stars as an impulsive rookie cop who becomes obsessed with tracking down the killer of a teenage girl.

E1 - It’s 1985 and Denise Woods is starting life as an idealistic WPC for the Met Police
E2 - It’s 1997 and Denise Woods is now a successful Detective Inspector at Brixton
E3 - It’s 2013 and DCI Denise Woods is investigating the case of a murdered girl

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

Finished Tokyo Vice on HBO Max last night.  

loved the is series.  The acting, cinematography and noir tinged 90s yakuza story were all too notch.   Ansel Elgort, Rachel Keller, Ken Watanabe and Sho Kasamatsu were all stellar.  

It ended with a number of cliffhangers, so hoping HBO Max renews for a season 2. 

4.5/5

DE8CADF6-4D1D-4363-99C9-1BF4A00FA30B.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

🥤📺🎬💽 :)Watching…

Finally got around in my queue to…

311965_medium.jpg?t=1649750049

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse4.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

With Spider-Man's identity now revealed, Peter asks Doctor Strange for help. When a spell goes wrong, dangerous foes from other worlds start to appear, forcing Peter to discover what it truly means to be Spider-Man.

UPDATE: I liked Tom Holland’s Spider-Man & enjoyed seeing my fav in the MCU Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) & Maguire and Garfield Spider-Man along with Spider-Man’s Norman Osborn, a.k.a. The Green Goblin ( Willem Defoe), Spider-Man 2’s Otto Octavius (Alfred Molina), and The Amazing Spider-Man 2’s Electro (Jamie Fox). 

Also Lizard, Daredevil, Sandman & J. Jonah Jameson! 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

🥤📺🎬💽 :)Watching…

Finally got around in my queue to… I take that back have I already seen this icon_razz.gif shrug.gif oh well I’ll watch again… UPDATE: A very young Peter Parker, enjoyed how he was on a learning curve from Stark… nice visuals! :)

Spider-Man: Homecoming 4K (Blu-ray)

image.jpeg.ee6607e28fdb7cc0d4eca326b7bd3202.jpeg

Following the events of Captain America: Civil War (2016), Peter Parker attempts to balance his life in high school with his career as the web-slinging superhero Spider-Man.

UPDATE: A very young Peter Parker, enjoyed how he was on a learning curve from Stark…

nice visuals! :) 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

🥤📺🎬💽 :) watching…

Death Wish (Blu-ray)

A New York City architect becomes a one-man vigilante squad after his wife is murdered by street punks.

UPDATE: have not seen this for awhile, it is so good that this film definitely deserves a 4K steel Premium. I love Charles’ character as Paul Kersey being a architect and is given the misfortune of having to become a vigilante because of what happened to his family. This film has excellent story character and nice photography. I love it❣️ 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤📺🎬💽 :) watching…

Death Wish (Blu-ray)

A New York City architect becomes a one-man vigilante squad after his wife is murdered by street punks.

UPDATE: have not seen this for awhile, it is so good that this film definitely deserves a 4K steel Premium. I love Charles’ character as Paul Kersey being a architect and is given the misfortune of having to become a vigilante because of what happened to his family. This film has excellent story character and nice photography. I love it❣️ 5/5

Double delicious with that fav man of ours Paul Kersey…

45643_medium.jpg?t=1411862448

Architect Paul Kersey once again becomes a vigilante when he tries to find the five street punks who murdered his daughter and housekeeper, this time on the dark streets of Los Angeles.

UPDATE: a nice follow-up to the 1st but did not have that same ambience for me although I’m cheering Paul on. He has moved to L.A. with his daughter and has a very nice housekeeper and gf. Deja Vue strikes again as our true avenger has got to get them… 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

🥤📺🎬💽 :) watching…A great classic that needs a 4K steel Premium edition, C’ On! icon_biggrin.gif

1105_medium.jpg?t=1442681783

Depicts the ever-deepening alienation of a mentally unstable veteran who works as a nighttime taxi driver in New York City.

UPDATE: Taxi Driver Travis Bickel fights his demons as he transcends to get rid of the “scum” of N.Y…. A very young Jodie Foster as Iris who Travis wants to send back to her parents and the beautiful Cyril Shepherd who Travis tries to have a relationship with but he is too mentally unstable for her. Nice to see Harvey Keitel as the pimp who gets his. A disturbing but classic film directed by Martin Scorsese who does a brilliant job and the music fits the ambience… 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3