IGNORED

What did you watch last night???

Basil

• ★ Administrators ★
On 7/1/2022 at 1:30 PM, atomicblonde said:

I finished the entirety of Manifest in the span of five days lol. Onto the next!

I started watching Glow on Netflix for the first time from the beginning. I love wrestling -- especially women wrestlers -- and this cast, so I'm all the way in!

season 2 trailer GIF by GLOW Netflix

Loved glow

• Like 1

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

Just rewatched Mandy for the first time in a few years.  Utterly bonkers, heavy metal, twisted fantasy surrealistic nightmare fuel with an indelible visual flair, phantasmagorical score and the incomparably unhinged Nicolas Cage. 

David Lynch meets Clive Barker and Jodorowsky.  

5/5 cheddar goblins. 

mandymovie andrearisborough GIF by Mandy The Film

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
9 hours ago, atomicblonde said:

I already finished season 1 earlier today - really enjoyed it!! I'm sad though to know that they were filming a final season during COVID and they just flat out canceled it due to the pandemic and other factors 😔

I know it was super disappointing.    

NOW SHOWING movie theatre sign home theater decor

🥤📺🎬💽 :) Watching from BritBox

164364_medium.jpg?t=1538190580

Henry Jekyll is a troubled man. His wife died of pneumonia. He wants his sister-in-law, but her father forbids any contact. And his experiments into the dual nature of man have yielded a personality-splitting drug that he has tested on himself, changing him into an uninhibited brute who seeks violent and undignified pleasures. Jekyll quickly becomes addicted to the sordid freedom induced by the drug. He can commit the most enjoyably revolting deeds, then return to his laboratory and use an antidote to change back to his original form, so that his lofty persona remains untarnished. But Jekyll's forbidden affair with his sister-in-law becomes a scandal, and with the growing rage within him, his other self no longer needs the drug for release. As Jekyll loses control of his transformations and his antidote becomes less effective, the police begin to suspect his part in his alter-ego's increasing violence.

UPDATE: fantastical TV adaption of the Robert Louis Stevenson’s classical & the period piece was good enough so…3/5

10006_medium.jpg?t=0

Small time hood Gerry Berland, who sponsors illegal dogfighting, tries to intimidate RSPCA officer who witnessed a murder committed by his son. Frost becomes engaged to Christine Moorehead while trying to put crime kingpin Gerry Berland behind bars and trying to unmask a copycat killer. 

UPDATE: My all-time fav copper that I can always rewatch! 5/5

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

NOW SHOWING movie theatre sign home theater decor

🥤📺🎬💽 :) Watched/Watching…

313539_medium.jpg?t=1647627392

A Hollywood stunt performer who moonlights as a wheelman discovers that a contract has been put on him after a heist gone wrong.

314463_medium.jpg?t=1649125003

After being involuntarily discharged from the Marines, James Reed joins a paramilitary organization in order to support his family in the only way he knows how.

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Finally got around to watching True Romance last night.

I don't really get the hype behind it to be honest. I'd rate it as a decent background movie but that's about it 🤷‍♂️

Well on this one I think we can just agree to disagree.   I absolutely love True Romance. 

star wars yes GIF by CBBC

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

What do ya'll like about it? Is there a nostalgia element?

I'm not beyond rewatching it. 

So much, but first and foremost I love Tarantino’s script.  No one does dialogue quite like him.  Then all the indelible characters played by some of the best actors we’ve ever seen - Gary Oldman, Brad Pitt, Christopher Walken, Denis Hopper, James Gandolfini each in bit parts just KILL.  

then the love story between slater and arquette just gets me.  

“you’re so cool”. 

indeed 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

What do ya'll like about it? Is there a nostalgia element?

I'm not beyond rewatching it. 

there isn't anything I don't like. The cast is stellar, and everyone nails their parts. 

Gary Oldman and that accent. The interaction between Hopper and Walken. 

the writing and dialogue are killer, and as @Gary K said the love story between Slater and Arquette is amazing.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Rambo said:

there isn't anything I don't like. The cast is stellar, and everyone nails their parts. 

Gary Oldman and that accent. The interaction between Hopper and Walken. 

the writing and dialogue are killer, and as @Gary K said the love story between Slater and Arquette is amazing.

18 minutes ago, Gary K said:

So much, but first and foremost I love Tarantino’s script.  No one does dialogue quite like him.  Then all the indelible characters played by some of the best actors we’ve ever seen - Gary Oldman, Brad Pitt, Christopher Walken, Denis Hopper, James Gandolfini each in bit parts just KILL.  

then the love story between slater and arquette just gets me.  

“you’re so cool”. 

indeed 

Pitt cracked me up and some of the interactions between these great actors kept me engaged.  I also didn't realize that was Oldman until it popped up on that Amazon Prime "x-ray" thing. 

I didn't really feel anything for either character and found them to be poorly written. As a result the whole romance just felt flat and nonsensical.  I just found myself asking "why?" a lot in regards to some of the character choices. Perhaps I'm taking it too seriously. 

I'm admittedly not a huge fan of Tarantino. I like the way he tells a story (this one felt different - probably because he didn't direct) but he always throws a scene or two in there that almost kills the whole film for me. 

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★

Pitt cracked me up and some of the interactions between these great actors kept me engaged.  I also didn't realize that was Oldman until it popped up on that Amazon Prime "x-ray" thing. 

I didn't really feel anything for either character and found them to be poorly written. As a result the whole romance just felt flat and nonsensical.  I just found myself asking "why?" a lot in regards to some of the character choices. Perhaps I'm taking it too seriously. 

I'm admittedly not a huge fan of Tarantino. I like the way he tells a story (this one felt different - probably because he didn't direct) but he always throws a scene or two in there that almost kills the whole film for me. 

Fair enough my man!  That’s part of the fun - we all have our own tastes and perspectives.   

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gary K said:

Fair enough my man!  That’s part of the fun - we all have our own tastes and perspectives.   

Very true.

I'm not exactly skilled at breaking down film and I also had to watch it in parts which probably impacted my viewing experience.

I liked it enough that I may rewatch down the road. 

• ★ Administrators ★
8 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Very true.

I'm not exactly skilled at breaking down film and I also had to watch it in parts which probably impacted my viewing experience.

I liked it enough that I may rewatch down the road. 

We’ll always have our shared love of Star Wars lol. 

• Like 1

I'm canceling Netflix so I watched a couple of movies yesterday from there and one today

First I watched Silenced (with my fave Gong Yoo from Train to Busan)

MV5BMTUyNTc3NTg3M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMzc1

Absolutely heartbreaking film. I was outraged by how these children were greatly failed and how corrupt things were in regard to their "justice"! How wicked can you be to take advantage of not only a CHILD but a child under your care that deals with a disability?? Horrifying story, but I was glad to read this film brought attention and sparked anger in the lax sentencing. I love movies that end up doing something good. Watching the children experience what they did and the ending... I was a mess!!

The second movie I watched was The Perfection

tumblr_ps6qx7yeEI1rnkqsoo6_r1_540.gif

I did not expect that it was going to be a WLW film (which was very nice) - I love both of the lead actresses. It was very twisty and turn-y. Definitely kept me interested throughout, though I'm still not entirely sure how I feel about it yet. It's definitely different from what I've usually seen, so heavy points for originality.

The last one I watched today was a documentary titled Rocco

MV5BYzJkN2Q2OTAtNTkxMC00NDIyLWFmMmEtN2Qx

It was undeniably interesting, but it kind of felt like it dragged after awhile. It only has an hour and forty something minute runtime but it felt like 2+ hours at the slow pace it went. You'd think a documentary about a p0rn star would be a lot more entertaining .... lol. But he wrestles with his own morality and a bunch of other stuff, which is ultimately sort of interesting I guess, but you're not sure what to do with it. He also tells a very uncomfortable story at one point that kind of sounded like he sexually assaulted a much older woman but kinda glossed over it?? I don't know.

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
5 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Last night I ventured into the horror genre and watched Misery starring James Caan and Kathy Bates (Oscar winning performance). I was pretty tense throughout but enjoyed it overall.

Classic and one of the best Stephen King adaptations.  

Edited by Gary K
  • Like 3