IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

• ★ Administrators ★
19 minutes ago, Count Dantes said:
  Reveal hidden contents

This might be one of the greatest flexes I've seen in a while and Dave can do it out of good fun with Nils :) . Seriously though this is amazing, time to get some protectors on that stack on the right though @DodgyDave maybe some of the nice Media Psychos Protectors we have ;) 

Yep. I’m trying to get 20 of them. 

• Like 2

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

you are not small
1. look here in the forum
2. There are many parts to films on e..y

For the record, my collection is not small. In fact, when I have time to take photos I will add three or four awards to my MP profile. But it is another level. Mine is the collection of a human being. Mortals can reach it.

What is in that photo is something else. Incredible.

It's like getting to L.A. from your town thinking that you are a really great basketball player, because you always beat the next town's team, and then see the Lakers playing. You look at the ground, and you think: "maybe... I'm not so good ..." :D 

But we don't all need to be Lebron James. I think. 

And it's normal that some of the most important collections are in the best collecting community in the world. 

5 hours ago, thomue1987 said:

you cant say that. I mean @DodgyDave collects longer than I live, so its normal that his collection is a little larger than others 😅

Every collector has other preferences, so no. You are not a small collector my friend 😉

You talk about him as if he were a vampire, an eternal being who has collected since the beginning of time. :D 

But is true, everyone has their preferences. Some buy many editions of a movie, others just want the best; some love lenticulars, others hate them. Those things, you know.

I don't have any OC, there are few that I would have bought, but the ones I wanted I was late. It's the problem of not knowing MP before.

But I don't want the collection of others, I want mine. I love it. But that doesn't stop my eyes from being wide looking at some things. 😲

1 hour ago, claptraw said:

No worries my friend, you’re no small collector by any means! It’s not about the size of a collection - in my opinion a well sorted and specifically put together collection, where every edition/movie has true value and meaning for the owner, is far more valuable. If you collect just to aquire as much as possible or to have a set from retailer X complete, every new edition just becomes „the next thing“ on a list to work off. If that’s the case and the editions/movies themselves don’t matter at all, you could just as well collect rocks or gold coins or whatever. 😉

That is true, you are absolutely right.

For me all purchases have a meaning. I don't buy everything because I can't, but also because later seeing in my collection movies or editions that I don't like... it's not nice for me. Having very nice editions and then an ugly one in the middle is like having a magnificent garden with beautiful flowers and letting a bad bush grow in the middle.

But this is very subjective, and all opinions must be respected.

It's true that the more you buy, the more flexible you become, the more purchases lead you to more purchases, to open your horizon a little more, but the economic limits help me to stay in my position. And I try to tell myself that I don't buy only for buying.

In fact, a collection is something very personal. It's like underwear: you are who have to like it. :D 

1 hour ago, ScottVA said:

I would argue that it’s not about the size of the collection but in how the collection is used. 

Yes. 

In fact I have collector's editions that -probably- hardly anyone in the community would buy.  But the value of my collection is that it makes me feel full. Happy. Satisfied.

Still, in general, I really enjoy looking at the psychos collections. Many are incredible.

The one in today's photo just blew me away. That is not a collection of your human being. That cannot be achieved by just anyone.

Meanwhile, I will continue working to make my collection better every day. And I'm happy doing it. ;) 

b08bayx.gif

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, DodgyDave said:

And finally....

I note that you have matching coasters with #1 Nils @extantsrevenge

BUT...

Can you do this...

A0B48F8D-8C6B-4EBB-B4C6-8C48E283087E.thumb.jpeg.8c9050504a1e42e2b1762389a6695d89.jpeg

or this...

DE0D2953-8B6B-4E94-819C-1F8F63FA2FDC.thumb.jpeg.7cd20a7a7681cae245a5d967aa51fe77.jpeg

Or even this....

B668D617-E8DC-4842-AA8B-C4DE2420EBAA.thumb.jpeg.7af57998d7902f10c5a5f34f6f882fdb.jpeg

1CF41F06-D890-4837-8536-12A337767683.thumb.jpeg.b7726cddb2d9e959d1083e3a95fec112.jpeg

:D 😜

great display of numerical quantity there@DodgyDave ..... perhaps we should create a special “ it’s all in the number award “..... I think you would be the  one and only recipient ........

• Haha 6

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, ukade2327 said:

great display of numerical quantity there@DodgyDave ..... perhaps we should create a special “ it’s all in the number award “..... I think you would be the  one and only recipient ........

I don’t know about that. 
I think our John would win easily with his collection of #1s. ;)

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
11 hours ago, ukade2327 said:

I had an award about numbers in mind already, but I was not sure what the rules would be. Maybe have some different goals in that, so that more can reach one of those. A collection of the same number like @DodgyDave showed us, or one of each of the numbers 1-10, or a Set of Special numbers.

Confused Rooster Teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

But I was not sure how popular that award would be with you guys. But it would give us the chance to see some amazing pictures for sure 🤔

• Like 6

vor 18 Minuten schrieb extantsrevenge:

I had an award about numbers in mind already, but I was not sure what the rules would be. Maybe have some different goals in that, so that more can reach one of those. A collection of the same number like @DodgyDave showed us, or one of each of the numbers 1-10, or a Set of Special numbers.

But I was not sure how popular that award would be with you guys. But it would give us the chance to see some amazing pictures for sure 🤔

For my part, I don't give a flying rats sh*t about, what limitation numbers my editions have :D Some other members might, but it's just not of any concern for me. For this reason, an according award in this direction would surely be one I would never achieve and wouldn't even try.

Perry Cox Reaction GIF 

• Haha 4

• ★ Administrators ★
38 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

I think  it is achievable for quite a few members. Even for something like the Blade Runner/BR2049 set that I showed earlier. 

There certainly should be a lot members with a series of releases all with the same #. The HDz # thing has been running on Gold Label since T1. On Silver Label since Green Mile, I think. 

We certainly have quite a few "old" members who have been with us since then. 

Then of course there is the FAC collectors #. There must be plenty of members out there with one of those.

Anyway, you certainly can't have too many awards! :D

• Like 3

1 hour ago, claptraw said:

For my part, I don't give a flying rats sh*t about, what limitation numbers my editions have :D Some other members might, but it's just not of any concern for me. For this reason, an according award in this direction would surely be one I would never achieve and wouldn't even try.

Perry Cox Reaction GIF 

........and....... we don’t expect you to ..... but serious collectors will ...  but you don’t need to get all  hissy about it ....

• Haha 3

vor 11 Minuten schrieb ukade2327:

........and....... we don’t expect you to ..... but serious collectors will ...  but you don’t need to get all  hissy about it ....

And I obviously can't expect everyone to understand sarcasm on the internet either (pro tip: the :D smiley is most often a pretty good indicator) ;) 

• Haha 1