IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

Good Evening My Friends;

1st, I must say, you are certainly thorough on capturing the beauty of some Anime release treasures, @LeGonze 🤩

Just gorgeous pics of DS: Mugen Train my Buddy!, TYVM!

2nd, on the topic of 5 Cents Per Second, yes, it will have Eng subs, as mentioned on Nova's description page;

Link:

http://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-5-centimeter-per-second/2595/?cate_no=130&display_group=1

3rd; I think I may need to pick up that CE of Doc Stone; Stoneage Lightbulb as I love the set you've once more endeared pics of for us, @LeGonze, 🤩

Ta!

Last; I'll post some pics (next) of some recent new treasures that have found their way to my hoard, heh. 😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Also;

- Twin Star Exorcists; AtA, full series
- Demon Slayer: Mugen Train; Aniplex, film
- Akudama Drive; Funi, LE (S-1)
- Gun Gale Online; AtA
- Juni Taisen; Funi
- Death Parade; AtA
- Goblin Slayer (S-1); Funi, Steel ( courtesy of my lovely Secret Santa, @AndroiDad75😍
- Kado: Right Answer; Funi
- Slime (S-1); Funi, Steel  ( courtesy of my lovely Secret Santa, @AndroiDad75 again !  😍

image.thumb.jpeg.a257f9114eacb4fde60d2edbd4a1620e.jpeg

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On that note; I'd be remiss to not post a pic of my wonderful Secret Santa ( @AndroiDad75)  gifts, as it includes some extremely noteworthy items that I think should be shared in our captive little Sub-Forum; 😍

- Goblin Slayer: S-1, SteelBook

- Reincarnated As A Slime: S-1, SteelBook

- Demon Slayer: Tanjiro Model Kit (WOW!!!)

Also;

- Venom vs Carnage: BB, SteelBook, and

- Terminator 2: T-800 Endo-Skull (metal, with a compartment inside) (WOW!!!)

- + a wonderful Christmas card and attached Letter!

Christmas, 21.JPG

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Finally;

I don't usually double-post but there are occasions where it seems a necessity.

That includes my pic below.

These are without a doubt some of my fave Anime of all time and though that list is longer than what's depicted, the table can only hold so much...heh.

So, from my "Anime Award" submission, I think these belong here...😉

- Ghost In The Shell; IVE Ent, Premium ed (via Kimchi)

- Legend Of The Galactic Heroes; Sentai, Ultimate Ed

- Akira; IVE Ent, 1-Click Limited Ed (via Kimchi)

- Berserk (1998); MVM, SteelBook

- Cowboy Bebop; Sunrise, Collector's Ed

- Neon Genesis Evangelion; AtA Ultimate Ed.

- Fullmetal Alchemist; Brotherhood; Aniplex Limited Ed.

- Gurren Lagann; Aniplex Limited Ed.

- Elfen Lied; Sentai SteelBook

- Puella Magi Modoka Magica (Series); Aniplex Limited Ed.

- Hellsing; Ultimate: WeET Collector's Limited Ed.

- Vampire Hunter D (1985); Sony, SteelBook

Big Guns 2022  MP.JPG

🥰  🤩  😍 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just Wow… Amazing amazing haul Sensei!!… 😃😃😃

Thanks for your kind words… I always appreciate that!!… 🤗🤗

Thats an amazing amazing Secret Santa gift!! Now I know who I want to be my Santa next year!!… 🤭🤭 JK @AndroiDad75 

Sensei!! @Grendel Did you open those GitS and Akira Kimchis?? Never seen the whole package!!… 😅😅

Also, didn’t know WeET made Hellsing!! When did that happened?? Is it open??… 🤓🤓

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

3rd; I think I may need to pick up that CE of Doc Stone; Stoneage Lightbulb as I love the set you've once more endeared pics of for us, @LeGonze, 🤩

Ta!

Absolutely Sensei!! At this point and with these prices I’ve seen… This is a must!! It surpassed my expectations completely… Very very nice set!!

I even double dipped with the SB, but I had to buy the S1pt2 anyways and it’s like $27 the cheapest I’ve seen so, hell I went with the SB and I might sell the amaray… 😅😅

Both sets match perfectly and the SB looks beautiful!!… 😍😍

• Like 3

DE - Violet Evergarden - The Film [2020] (Limited Special Edition)

Release: 25.03.22

Amazonde:                 31,99€

JPC:                                   36,99€

Saturn/MediaMarkt:   33,99€

Special-Booklet, Artcards, Imageboardcards

final Artwork,

Digipak

Violet.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

DE - Violet Evergarden - The Film [2020] (Limited Special Edition)  4K

Amazonde:                 45,99€

JPC:                                   49,99€

Saturn/MediaMarkt:   47,99€

final Artwork,

Digipak

Violet 4K.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

hace 4 horas, CAYENNE-FAHRER dijo:

DE - Violet Evergarden - The Film [2020] (Limited Special Edition)  4K

Amazonde:                 45,99€

JPC:                                   49,99€

Saturn/MediaMarkt:   47,99€

final Artwork,

Digipak

Violet 4K.jpg

Oh this is the Japanese artwork I was hoping for. I hope ata release this version with the pet cover, I don’t see why not as they’re really pushing the 4k format recently.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

hace 11 horas, Grendel dijo:

Also;

- Twin Star Exorcists; AtA, full series
- Demon Slayer: Mugen Train; Aniplex, film
- Akudama Drive; Funi, LE (S-1)
- Gun Gale Online; AtA
- Juni Taisen; Funi
- Death Parade; AtA
- Goblin Slayer (S-1); Funi, Steel ( courtesy of my lovely Secret Santa, @AndroiDad75😍
- Kado: Right Answer; Funi
- Slime (S-1); Funi, Steel  ( courtesy of my lovely Secret Santa, @AndroiDad75 again !  😍

image.thumb.jpeg.a257f9114eacb4fde60d2edbd4a1620e.jpeg

🥰

I keep seeing that akudama drive being discussed by people in very favourable terms, I just looked it up on wiki and it looks like one of the more acclaimed animes of 2020. It looks like funimation are only releasing a standard version over here so I might import the set you’ve pictured. I’ll probably stream the first couple of eps today so see if I like it.

• Like 4

This is the last of my xmas splurge 

erased - loved this so I’ll have to read the manga, vol1 seems to be out of print at the moment so I might just read it digitally.

re zero. - liked the first half more than the second but enjoyed it overall, hooboy those pq issues though, I think ata still have a disc replacement scheme going.

hyouka - loved and preferred the dub on this one.

nichijou - loved, I’d heard it was funny but I was weeping at times 

demon slayer s1 - a rewatch and I was amazed at the picture quality 

slime and eureka - haven’t watched yet.

BCC7648F-1095-4381-815F-A013A018ECC5.jpeg

65AC66CF-BDC4-4C90-BEF5-7C567D81ABCD.jpeg

99324D92-C14D-49B2-B5A9-6BA150164FBB.jpeg

FDBC0B8A-E53C-4EEC-9F1E-3B11479ACEB2.jpeg

DDE1F205-5C82-4246-A2BD-CC9695DABFB6.jpeg

18C294F9-5EFF-4C10-97CA-F881F8E7193E.jpeg

3B74ECB6-F454-45F5-8CD2-85026495D056.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mattrivers95 said:

I keep seeing that akudama drive being discussed by people in very favourable terms, I just looked it up on wiki and it looks like one of the more acclaimed animes of 2020. It looks like funimation are only releasing a standard version over here so I might import the set you’ve pictured. I’ll probably stream the first couple of eps today so see if I like it.

Yeah… I was going to grab the LE too on RSA… But I’ve spent too much lately… 😅😅 Gotta wait a little bit…

Let me know if you like it and if it’s worth it!! 😬😬

By the way, Fantastic haul you got there!!… Congrats buddy!!… 🤗🤗

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Evening My Friends;  😀

Lovely haul of new treasures, @Mattrivers95, my sincere GRATZ for the excellent taste in shows! heh. 😉

I tend to agree with your feelings on some of the shows, definitely a roller-coaster ride with Nichijou.

As for Akudama Drive, it's certainly an action packed show with some very interesting character portrayals.  Can't really see anyone getting bored with it. You may be right that Funi may not elect to provide a UK version of the LE.  I think you'll pleased with it should you decide to import but I'll rip it open shortly and provide a few detailed shots to assist with your decision making.

Thanks all for the compliments on my new treasures, much appreciated. I did not originally consider getting this deep into the Monogatari series, as I knew my chances of getting them all were quite slim (i.e. Katanamonogatari is damn near a grail find now) and we all know how incomplete collections, prey on a collector's soul.

I did need to pick up the preludes to the Kizumono run however so, well, here we are...

In truth my friend @LeGonze, I have not as yet cracked open the GitS set nor the Akira set.

Not because some day I may sell them, as these will be some of the ones thrown in the box with me when they plant me. It's simply because I have so many releases of both already, that are open that I never put much thought toward it. I may do so in the near future my Buddy. 😉

As for the Hellsing set from WeET, that I've displayed pics of on a few occasions, both in this Sub-Forum and in my own Personal Collection Thread (which is quite sadly out-of-date currently). If you can't find the pic in a search, I will post it again my friend. 🥰

I also wanted to extend a sincere thank-you to @CAYENNE-FAHRER for once again providing insight on a wonderful new release in the pipe, that being the new "Violet Evergarden" Film. Thanks so much my friend!

Guaranteed purchase when an English friendly CE drops!

Cheers my friends.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hi Folks;  🙂

As mentioned, @Mattrivers95, here's a pic of the internals that come with the CE for Akudama Drive.

I considered, might as well show off the lovely inclusions for the CE of Death Parade as well

image.thumb.jpeg.24326178f95c58c62d6ba53ae85485b3.jpeg

🥰

p.s. I do hope you and your Lads enjoy Death Parade as much as I do @AndroiDad75, my Buddy. 😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Good Evening @Mattrivers95🙂

I really think you would enjoy "Death Parade" as it is so very different from most Anime story lines.

I was fortunate enough to purchase the CE during the AtA Christmas sale, so not altogether certain what current price is but I believe you have a few options for purchase at least, including;

- AtA (UK)

- Anime On-Line (UK)

- Zavvi (UK), and even

-Amz.uk

Regardless, the amaray ed is complete and still worth purchase.

I'm also pleased to hear you've found interest in Akudama Drive. It seems to be hit or miss with some folks but it scratches my itch for great story and action. 😀

Again, if the CE turns out too pricey or unavailable, the amaray has the complete show so still a worthwhile purchase.

In a slightly similar vein, not sure if you are familiar with "Juni Taisen" (aka Zodiac War) but it's  got a slightly similar bent on the 'death game competition' formula we see in a number of shows as of late such as;

- Death Parade

- Darwin's Game

- High Rise Invasion

- even Future Diary (aka Mirai Niki)

Very much worth your time and effort to check out, I'd suggest. I had the dvd for some time and finally grabbed the Blu. I do wish it received a lovely CE though.

As for eagerly anticipated shows, I've mentioned a few before but REALLY want Dorohedoro to hit the pipe soon!

That is straight fire and if it doesn't get a CE, there's gonna be a lot of upset folks.

Cheers Buddy! 😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just been spending a bit of time watching some knowledgeable vids on Youtube regarding Demon Slayer and quite enjoying them.

I recall when the Manga first came out and the hype surrounding it, with folks hoping that a Studio with the proper chops would get the rights to it.

A sincere breath of relief followed when we learned UFOtable got the contract and honestly, I don't think we've been let down in the slightest.

There's of course a few silly moments in DS and it has a few cringe moments but in truth, I think that's part of the charm, considering they are portraying quite young and still very impressionable protags, regardless of the fact they are experiencing horrors and situations that would make experienced veterans quake.

I also can't get over just how inhumanly adorable Nezuko remains throughout the story-line. She is the personification of Moe and must be protected at all costs.

This show to me is just one of those, "I feel so very good after watching" type shows.

Yes, there are no doubt shows that will illicit a much stronger sense of varied emotions but that's the great thing about Anime as well, the incredible variety to select, dependent on our mood or feelings of the day.

I don't think those that stiffly shrug off anime, in favour of their super-hero or horror, or sci-fi shows (which I truly enjoy as well) will ever understand the gamut of emotions we are able to enjoy with this art-style but slowly but surely, we are converting them and I don't think they will mind one bit...heh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I don't think those that stiffly shrug off anime, in favour of their super-hero or horror, or sci-fi shows (which I truly enjoy as well) will ever understand the gamut of emotions we are able to enjoy with this art-style but slowly but surely, we are converting them and I don't think they will mind one bit...heh.

I know what you mean Sensei… A lot of people have been falling for Anime/Manga lately…

I grew up as a Comic Fan (DC mostly, Only X-Men from Marvel), but that industry is ridiculous right now… Anime is waaaaaaay beyond Comics right now and a lot pf people are getting curious… 🤓🤓

• Like 2

On 12/20/2021 at 1:42 AM, Grendel said:

Hi there @Squeegie McGee😀

Oh yeah, one of "The Big Three" is makin' a comeback in a BIG way!

I think "Bleach: Thousand Year Blood War" is gonna be awesome. 🤩

Studio Pierrot is bringin' their A-Game, you can tell.

Thanks for mentioning Buddy!

For the uninitiated;

Very excited for this one!

I'll mostly watch it, cause i wanna see all remaining bankais - Unohana, Yamamoto, Kyouraku, Kenpachi and Urahara.

What i do hope is, there won't be fillers :/ since that would probably prolong anime for too long.

• Like 3

hace 15 minutos, extantsrevenge dijo:

Anime Fans look

Weathering1.thumb.jpg.2d916d1457c1691dfca871713cb65cc8.jpgweathering2.thumb.jpg.531c849301ca77b35452dacde51e1f11.jpgweathering3.thumb.jpg.f2393b8efbcdf1241efb576cc22e4bdc.jpg

we also launched a GB.

Whaaaat? These look great, I’m never thrilled when steelbook art is used for the slips but these look great, I went with the lenticular. Also what label is doing this? Not kimchi? Do we know if the other shinkai movies are getting steelbook releases because now I’m hesitant to jump on novas full slips.

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

Whaaaat? These look great, I’m never thrilled when steelbook art is used for the slips but these look great, I went with the lenticular. Also what label is doing this? Not kimchi? Do we know if the other shinkai movies are getting steelbook releases because now I’m hesitant to jump on novas full slips.

This is made by R'S COMPANY, it is the first time that we have seen anything from them. At the moment their affiliation is not clear yet. As this is only offered at Nova at the moment, they could be connected to them in some way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2