IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

1 minute ago, extantsrevenge said:

Awesome, it was never shown here in Germany I had to discover the series through fan subs.

I grew up in Iraq, we used to have very limited access to any sort of media. This show was very famous even my parents used to watch it with us 😆. We watched the Arabic version it is called Adnan and lina, it had an epic intro song. i still jam to that song, the song is also in Arabic lol

• Like 4

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
1 minute ago, mjk said:

I grew up in Iraq, we used to have very limited access to any sort of media. This show was very famous even my parents used to watch it with us 😆. We watched the Arabic version it is called Adnan and lina, it had an epic intro song. i still jam to that song, the song is also in Arabic lol

That is cool 👌

In Japan there is a great 2-Disc Soundtrack CD (I bought it years ago), of course it has only the japanese songs.

71xJDHyOJhL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/TVサントラ/dp/B00013F6AK/

• Like 3

Good Afternoon My Friends;  🙂

It's really great to see some fresh new posts from newer friends here in the dark, dank basement, behind the piled cardboard boxes...😉

Happy to also see, so many interested in NGE, which I consider one of the few top-shelf Anime that regardless of whatever year it was made, can be considered a classic worth viewing by anyone, at any time.

I'm of course thrilled that the wonderful "Future Boy Conan" is finally being released on Blu-ray. 🤩
I haven't seen it since it aired in the '90s on YTV  (Canada) with my Daughter but we most assuredly loved it and I believe we caught every one of the 26 episodes.

I'll be placing an order with RS for the amaray but will also keep an eagle eye peeled for an English friendly CE.

I'm confident that any of us here in the basement that hear of one, will spread the news pronto, heh.

As for other new releases I'm anxious for, that includes;

- Vinland Saga

- Kakegurui

- Made In Abyss film(s)

- DS: Mugen Train

and out now but yet to receive;

- Chihayafuru (S-3)

- Dororo

- Karakuri Circus (S-1>3)

- Kaiji (S-1 & 2)

None of the ones I've listed have as yet, been offered in CEs but I anticipate some of the bigger batters, such as Vinland Saga, Chihayafuru S-3 and Possibly Kakeguri, will get one.

Last point of interest, the Sentai "Labour Day Sale" ends at Midnight tonight.

Not a huge assortment of great titles on sale but a few possible gems.

Link:

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/2021-promotions-labor-day-sale

Cheers Folks. 😀

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi @LeGonze😀

So, ya went with the Region- B Ultimate Edition of NGE and the Region-A Standard ed ya say?

I'm very pleased for you my friend.  🥳

There's only a select few Anime shows that I think warrant such an outlay of cash but this is assuredly one of them.

Others, in my own humble estimation and personal preference, include but are not limited to;

- Berserk (sigh, someday...)

- Cowboy Bebop (got)

- Hellsing (got, though not Eng friendly)

- Madoka (got)

- Fullmetal Alchemist (got)

- GitS [film and SAC series] (got)

- Akira (got)

- AoT (it's coming, I feel it in my bones, heh)

and of course....

- LotGH (so very got!)

🥰 

(note: I'm confident and would expect, some of you folk to have very different titles in your cross-hairs and would love to hear what they are!)

This might even spur you into considering a Region-Free player in the near future, which can become a double edged sword I'm afraid.

It opens up a brand new world (literally) of select Collector's editions to seek out that otherwise, would remain out of reach as no more than gorgeous displays.

However, you must keep an even closer eye on your accumulated bills, especially at the beginning, since these lovely new items are not exactly found in the bargain bins, heh.

There's a few players currently on the market that I think can serve dutiful purpose, without costing an exorbitant amount (i.e. under $250Usd)

My personal preference has lain with Panasonic but I certainly acknowledge the quality and dependability of some Sony players as well.

Anyway, gratz again on your selections my Buddy; 👍

Cheers!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

Good Afternoon My Friends;  🙂

It's really great to see some fresh new posts from newer friends here in the dark, dank basement, behind the piled cardboard boxes...😉

Happy to also see, so many interested in NGE, which I consider one of the few top-shelf Anime that regardless of whatever year it was made, can be considered a classic worth viewing by anyone, at any time.

I'm of course thrilled that the wonderful "Future Boy Conan" is finally being released on Blu-ray. 🤩
I haven't seen it since it aired in the '90s on YTV  (Canada) with my Daughter but we most assuredly loved it and I believe we caught every one of the 26 episodes.

I'll be placing an order with RS for the amaray but will also keep an eagle eye peeled for an English friendly CE.

I'm confident that any of us here in the basement that hear of one, will spread the news pronto, heh.

Last point of interest, the Sentai "Labour Day Sale" ends at Midnight tonight.

Not a huge assortment of great titles on sale but a few possible gems.

Link:

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/2021-promotions-labor-day-sale

Cheers Folks. 😀

Oh Sensei!!... I hope someday we can admire your whole Anime Collection... Hahaa... You just keep buying!!!... xDxD

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

As for other new releases I'm anxious for, that includes;

- Vinland Saga

- Kakegurui

- Made In Abyss film(s)

- DS: Mugen Train

and out now but yet to receive;

- Chihayafuru (S-3)

- Dororo

- Karakuri Circus (S-1>3)

- Kaiji (S-1 & 2)

I haven't seen any of these Animes, but I'm a little intrigued by Vinland Saga and obviously DS:MT... ^_^

22 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @LeGonze😀

So, ya went with the Region- B Ultimate Edition of NGE and the Region-A Standard ed ya say?

I'm very pleased for you my friend.  🥳

Yes correct. At the end, I paid like $9.00 more for the UE Region B + Std Ed Region A, than what I had to pay on the UE US Version only including shipping. It was a pleasant surprise. xD

26 minutes ago, Grendel said:

There's only a select few Anime shows that I think warrant such an outlay of cash but this is assuredly one of them.

Others, in my own humble estimation and personal preference, include but are not limited to;

- Berserk (sigh, someday...)

- Cowboy Bebop (got)

- Hellsing (got, though not Eng friendly)

- Madoka (got)

- Fullmetal Alchemist (got)

- GitS [film and SAC series] (got)

- Akira (got)

- AoT (it's coming, I feel it in my bones, heh)

and of course....

- LotGH (so very got!)

Awesome!!... But I haven't seen any of these yet, :$ (besides of AoT of course, What a Jewel this is, It's my #1 right now, and I'm pretty sure it will stay there for some time :D)...  Remember that I just started (Or came back) on Anime last year... xDxD By the way, what's LotGH???

43 minutes ago, Grendel said:

This might even spur you into considering a Region-Free player in the near future, which can become a double edged sword I'm afraid.

It opens up a brand new world (literally) of select Collector's editions to seek out that otherwise, would remain out of reach as no more than gorgeous displays.

However, you must keep an even closer eye on your accumulated bills, especially at the beginning, since these lovely new items are not exactly found in the bargain bins, heh.

There's a few players currently on the market that I think can serve dutiful purpose, without costing an exorbitant amount (i.e. under $250Usd)

My personal preference has lain with Panasonic but I certainly acknowledge the quality and dependability of some Sony players as well.

Anyway, gratz again on your selections my Buddy; 👍

Cheers!

Thanks Sensei, But yeah, I think that would be a double edged sword for my wallet... xD

• Like 3

Hi @LeGonze, my Buddy;  🙂

There's certainly no race to win in catching up with both nostalgic titles and new releases my friend.

You quite literally, have the rest of your life to do so, heh.

There are a few 'classics' that I would suggest are worth at least an initial viewing but the genres within Anime are so diverse that one person's trash is quite often another person's treasure.

The titles I've listed are important to me but I know that some of them don't quite scratch the itch for others.

One way that you can get a brief exposure to some without having to lay out coin is of course, courtesy of Youtube.

There are a few noteworthy Anime Vlogers that offer good info and often, humorous reviews of titles both old, new and forthcoming.

Were I to recommend, I suppose I'd include;

- Gigguk

- Mother's Basement

- Glass reflection, and

- Super Eye-patch Wolf

as worth starting with.

Just type any of those names in the search bar and it will list their feeds.

As for LotGH, that at least I can clarify for you.

Legend Of The Galactic Heroes;

Considered by many a true "Classic" Anime, it a sci-fi series that provides essentially a true War In Space, with neither side actually horrendous baddies, but two very different considerations as to how colonization of space should proceed.

Our good friend @extantsrevenge is whom I would consider a true "authority" on the series and were you to prod him, I suspect he could address any queries you may have.

I would suggest at least starting with the Wikipedia page for it though, so that you have a basis for your queries.

I believe the series either was or possibly is, available via streaming service however, since I do not prescribe to any, I cannot guide you with that.

Sadly, the VERY limited (and pricey) Limited Edition for the original series, offered from Sentai is long sold out and unfortunately, a standard edition was never released.

I say "original series' because there has been a reboot that many folks say is very good indeed, titled ;

- Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These

I've purchased the Japanese release of S-1 but honestly, do not know how far this new series has progressed.

As for the Original, I can at least provide a pic of the lovely Collector's Set that was released; 

LotGH pic1    50.JPG

LotGH pic2    50.JPG

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Grendel said:

There's certainly no race to win in catching up with both nostalgic titles and new releases my friend.

There are a few 'classics' that I would suggest are worth at least an initial viewing but the genres within Anime are so diverse that one person's trash is quite often another person's treasure.

The titles I've listed are important to me but I know that some of them don't quite scratch the itch for others.

One way that you can get a brief exposure to some without having to lay out coin is of course, courtesy of Youtube.

There are a few noteworthy Anime Vlogers that offer good info and often, humorous reviews of titles both old, new and forthcoming.

- Gigguk

- Mother's Basement

- Glass reflection, and

- Super Eye-patch Wolf

as worth starting with.

Considered by many a true "Classic" Anime, it a sci-fi series that provides essentially a true War In Space, with neither side actually horrendous baddies, but two very different considerations as to how colonization of space should proceed.

Our good friend @extantsrevenge is whom I would consider a true "authority" on the series and were you to prod him, I suspect he could address any queries you may have.

I would suggest at least starting with the Wikipedia page for it though, so that you have a basis for your queries.

I believe the series either was or possibly is, available via streaming service however, since I do not prescribe to any, I cannot guide you with that.

Sadly, the VERY limited (and pricey) Limited Edition for the original series, offered from Sentai is long sold out and unfortunately, a standard edition was never released.

I say "original series' because there has been a reboot that many folks say is very good indeed, titled ;

I've purchased the Japanese release of S-1 but honestly, do not know how far this new series has progressed.

As for the Original, I can at least provide a pic of the lovely Collector's Set that was released; 

LotGH pic1    50.JPG

LotGH pic2    50.JPG

🥰

Thanks Sensei!!... Yeah, I'mgetting more into new Anime as I enjoy these new incredible animation techniques... New Animes look amazing... :x But yeah, I'll try to watch the classic ones too... As you say, there's no rush... We can enjoy all of them at some point!!... ^_^

And wow... That LotGH looks fantastic!!... :o

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Grendel said:

- Gigguk

- Mother's Basement

- Glass reflection, and

- Super Eye-patch Wolf

as worth starting with.

LotGH pic1    50.JPG

LotGH pic2    50.JPG

🥰

It’s a shame lotgh never got a standard release but it’s showing on hi dive in the uk so I’m going to give it a watch there, im also going to try and locate battle of the planets on disc, the first anime I ever watched.

I’ve just watched akira in 4k, the Korean release from ive and it looked terrific, much more of a healthy grain field than I’d been led to believe, perhaps it was less dnr’d than the funimation release.

Next up - samurai champloo and the 3rd and forth evangelion rebuild movies.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Awesome!!... 

What do you mean by this exactly??.. 

I’d read many reviews and comments from people who watched it that it had undergone a fair bit of artificial sharpening or noise reduction (dnr), as is preferred by the Japanese market. This can make older anime that’s shot on film look closer to modern anime that’s shot digitally, but can cause a loss of detail. However, these people did point out it wasn’t a particularly bad example and seemed quite happy overall (apart from the disc replacement that was needed). 

when I watched it just now it looked very filmic to my eyes with lots of texture, so either the dnr hasn’t been applied too heavily, it’s a different encode, or I’m just not seeing the faults people were pointing out. It looked great to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mattrivers95 said:

I’d read many reviews and comments from people who watched it that it had undergone a fair bit of artificial sharpening or noise reduction (dnr), as is preferred by the Japanese market. This can make older anime that’s shot on film look closer to modern anime that’s shot digitally, but can cause a loss of detail. However, these people did point out it wasn’t a particularly bad example and seemed quite happy overall (apart from the disc replacement that was needed). 

when I watched it just now it looked very filmic to my eyes with lots of texture, so either the dnr hasn’t been applied too heavily, it’s a different encode, or I’m just not seeing the faults people were pointing out. It looked great to me.

Oh ok!!... Thanks for explaining that... Now that I'm getting all these classics I'd like to have them in 4K... ^_^

• Like 3

• ★ Administrators ★
7 hours ago, Grendel said:

LotGH pic1    50.JPG

LotGH pic2    50.JPG

🥰

Did someone say LotGH 😍

legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-go.gif

it is my absolute favorite anime of all time and best series ever made (including live action). The storytelling, complexity, characters, animation, music and the epic scale make it to an absolute unforgettable masterpiece.

I made a RT for the Set when it came out and have many pictures in that as well of my edition @LeGonze. I'm so thankful to John who helped me get two of these back then (1 for myself and 1 for my brother).

@Grendel has mentioned the new Series Die Neue These. At the moment they have released 1 Season in 2 parts (12 episodes each), it is a remake and tells the same story the original season 1 included. The animations are breathtaking and of course the the story is awesome, but you have to wonder "why". The original is abolute PERFECTION in my eyes, so seeing it done again (even when it is with high production value) it somehow feels pointless, but I guess that goes for most remakes, when the original is so good. I still have to see the last 2 episodes and I'm happy that it turned out to be a good remake (not like they did with Sailor Moon 😔), but I'm not sure when I will revist this, since I would rather watch the Original again and again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

it is my absolute favorite anime of all time and best series ever made (including live action). The storytelling, complexity, characters, animation, music and the epic scale make it to an absolute unforgettable masterpiece.

Wow… This is a huge statement… Then this is a must watch for me now… 😬😬

Thanks for these comments Sensei!!… 😃😃😉😉

• Like 3

Keanu Reeves Whoa GIF - Keanu Reeves Whoa Matrix - Discover & Share GIFs

I've missed a bit of info it seems, heh.

Hi My Friends;

I certainly appreciate once more seeing a few new faces here in the basement, behind the cardboard boxes, underneath the cobwebs...😍

Hope all goes well with your collections of these wonderful shows.

Not too much news as of late;

- I think @extantsrevenge might find interest in the fact WELCOME TO THE NHK VOL.1 is getting a German release finally.

Sadly, and frustratingly, not English friendly but hopefully we at least see the UK if not NA follow suit;

Link:

https://www.amazon.de/WELCOME-NHK-VOL-1-Limited-Mediabook/dp/B09B4DYX9D?tag=bluraycom04-21

Pic:

WELCOME TO THE NHK VOL.1 - Limited Mediabook [Blu-ray]

- There's a Movie planned for Isekai Quartet. ( I have S-1 and S-2 and it's hilarious IF you know who the characters are)

More to follow but so far this is all I have;

Sword Art Online fans can rejoice (um, I'm not in that special group);

Anime Limited (aka AtA) has these available and in the pipe;

Link;

https://www.alltheanime.com/collections/sword-art-online

Sentai; has the LEs for Food Wars S-3 & 4 up for order (still too pricey, wait for sale, imho);

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/limited-edition

RightStuf: has a Mecha Sale currently on;

Some very cool titles in the mix! (lots OOS but they WILL get more, these titles print money...)

https://www.rightstufanime.com/sales-and-promos/Weekend-Sale

- They also have the Standard ed for NGE down to $46Usd, cheapest I've seen it so far (CE at $175 Usd)

- Future Boy Conan: $41Usd

- Akudama Drive Limited Edition: $64Usd (don't sleep on this one folks, wait for the amaray if ya like but get it!) [ordered] 😍

- Yokai Monsters Collection: $75Usd (I doubt this would appeal to many of you but for me it's a must have, ordered mine from Zavvi) 🥳

Amazon; has the Deluxe Berserk Manga Vol-8 up (just bought)

with 9 & 10 in the pipe;

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=berserk+deluxe+volume+10&i=stripbooks-intl-ship&crid=1MY8QO1GNESNW&sprefix=berserk%2Cmovies-tv-intl-ship%2C194&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_5_7

Looks like the series will end  with tankobon  Vol-41 following Miura's passing (unless his staff keeps it going, which I doubt. Could be interesting how they end it though)

Looks like the sharks smelled the blood, as Vol-1 is worth gold right now and the other early eds are raising in price...figures.

Speaking of Manga, Hellsing deluxe has run its course ( 3 Vols) and I personally recommend it quite highly. 😍

You can find it easily from the "Berserk" link above.

The Blade Of The Immortal deluxe manga as well (up to Vol-3 currently). again...😍

Not much else happening my friends. I'll try to bring news as I discover it.

All the best to ya!  😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, Grendel said:

- I think @extantsrevenge might find interest in the fact WELCOME TO THE NHK VOL.1 is getting a German release finally.

Sadly, and frustratingly, not English friendly but hopefully we at least see the UK if not NA follow suit;

Link:

https://www.amazon.de/WELCOME-NHK-VOL-1-Limited-Mediabook/dp/B09B4DYX9D?tag=bluraycom04-21

Pic:

WELCOME TO THE NHK VOL.1 - Limited Mediabook [Blu-ray]

Amazon; has the Deluxe Berserk Manga Vol-8 up (just bought)

with 9 & 10 in the pipe;

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=berserk+deluxe+volume+10&i=stripbooks-intl-ship&crid=1MY8QO1GNESNW&sprefix=berserk%2Cmovies-tv-intl-ship%2C194&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_5_7

Looks like the series will end  with tankobon  Vol-41 following Miura's passing (unless his staff keeps it going, which I doubt. Could be interesting how they end it though)

Looks like the sharks smelled the blood, as Vol-1 is worth gold right now and the other early eds are raising in price...figures.

Speaking of Manga, Hellsing deluxe has run its course ( 3 Vols) and I personally recommend it quite highly. 😍

You can find it easily from the "Berserk" link above.

The Blade Of The Immortal deluxe manga as well (up to Vol-3 currently). again...😍

Not much else happening my friends. I'll try to bring news as I discover it.

All the best to ya!  😀

Thanks for the info about Welcome to the NHK @Grendel. This is indeed a nice series, I liked it a lot.

I'm still waiting for my Deluxe Berserk 8 to be shipped (but these day most of the US products reach Germany later 😟). Pre-order for 10 placed (9 already done month ago 😃).

So sad that the series will end with Vol.41. I hope Miura made some notes on how this is supposed to end and maybe we get some text pages that tell us the future of the characters.

• Like 2

Hi @LeGonze, @extantsrevenge and my other Otaku friends!  🙂

Akudama Drive is a "sci-fi" story of a girl (woman, for a change, heh) that falls under the influence of a gang of crooks, each with very special and unique abilities that may be human but most assuredly "more" than human.

The best synopsis I can in fact offer, is by linking to the IMDB page that will provide more relevant info than I can cobble together.

Link;

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12331342/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Seems to be attracting quite the following. Of course, I'm relegated to awaiting the Blu release but having seen previews and Youtube discussions, it certainly seems to be in my wheelhouse.

It's produced by Studio Pierrot, who brought us "Black Clover" so yeah, the production efforts should be top notch.

Funimation is releasing the NA ed (which Nils may have issue with) but I anticipate a UK ed to follow soon, just not sure who will do it yet. 🙂

This and Dorohedoro are the two most anticipated (other than Jujutsu Kaisen and Vinland Saga of course) shows I'm eager for.

There are others, such as "Shadows House" as well but they'll be a while, since they just started airing.

🤩

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Grendel said:

It's produced by Studio Pierrot, who brought us "Black Clover" so yeah, the production efforts should be top notch.

Funimation is releasing the NA ed (which Nils may have issue with) but I anticipate a UK ed to follow soon, just not sure who will do it yet. 🙂

Great!!… Now I’m very interested!!… 🤓🤓😅😅

Edit:

It’s already on Pre-Order. Both editions. 🤓🤓

81294212-8D45-4A8B-8D3F-6006E6A840C8.png

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 1

Oh, I should mention, I received today my Vol-8 of the Berserk Deluxe ed, in addition to a lovely leather-bound ed of "Le Morte d'Arthur" (Mallory), from Canterbury Books for my Son-In-Law (I have the Easton Press limited Edition Leather-bound). 🥰

As @extantsrevenge mentioned, it will be very interesting to see how they elect to close off the series, now that Miura has passed on.

Always sad to see such a gifted artist depart so young in life. We are fortunate at least in having his treasured works to enjoy forever. 🙂

• Like 2

🤣

KK, gotcha.

Ya, I knew it was available at RS (that's where I ordered from) but nice of ya to toss up the pics for folks.  👍

Here's the links to supplement;

LE:

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Akudama-Drive-Limited-Edition-Blu-Ray-DVD

Standard:

https://www.rightstufanime.com/Akudama-Drive-Blu-ray?keywords=aku

😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1