New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi @LeGonze🙂

Yes, sadly, we are still in wait mode for S-2 of NGNL. I'm not privy to all the details as to why it has yet to get made, it even has the story-boards already created but there was some behind the scene activity that put it on hold.

By "Complete Collection" essentially they are just sayin' "that's all there is folks!"...😟

There are a LOT of people hoping the series gets resurrected and in this business, it can happen at any time, 1 month or 5 years from now.

AoT itself had a 3 year wait between S-2 and S-3 so this is (frustratingly)not uncommon.

Yes, the Film takes place, 6 thousand years before Shiro and Sora visit the Land and the focus is on two new (old?) protags.

Some of the girls from the series make an appearance though (in their younger incarnations).

I think you will very much enjoy it, IF you enjoyed the series.

Did you? 😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @LeGonze🙂

Yes, sadly, we are still in wait mode for S-2 of NGNL. I'm not privy to all the details as to why it has yet to get made, it even has the story-boards already created but there was some behind the scene activity that put it on hold.

By "Complete Collection" essentially they are just sayin' "that's all there is folks!"...😟

There are a LOT of people hoping the series gets resurrected and in this business, it can happen at any time, 1 month or 5 years from now.

AoT itself had a 3 year wait between S-2 and S-3 so this is (frustratingly)not uncommon.

Yes, the Film takes place, 6 thousand years before Shiro and Sora visit the Land and the focus is on two new (old?) protags.

Some of the girls from the series make an appearance though (in their younger incarnations).

I think you will very much enjoy it, IF you enjoyed the series.

Did you? 😉

Oh Great!! I hope they do release S2!! 😬😬 It seems like it was going to get better!! 😅😅

I’ll watch the movie as soon as I can… 

I did enjoy the series, mainly the “Super smart thinking” part on every game. 🤓🤓

I’m not that into Fan Service, to be honest I rather to not have it too much, and sometimes it felt too much for me on this one. That Shiro and Sora relationship was kind of weird… 😐😐😅

But I would definitely buy S2 IF it comes out!!… 😬😬😅

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 7:01 AM, extantsrevenge said:

The German release is also missing the 2nd fold-out disc carrier featuring LaserDisc artwork with Misato & Kaji. I wonder if the size of the box will be different with Germany not having that one and the 2 extra items 🤔

Sure a surprise that our edition has less extras than everyone else /sarcasm  it's always ridiculous to me that they advertise creditless OP/ED and trailer as special features/extras/bonus

Honestly just from the extras I like the italian version the best but I ordered the one from Alltheanime

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Trianna🙂

Happy to hear that you had the opportunity to order NGE.

Odd to see that the German release is slimmer on extras but possibly they have a surprise in store yet to be announced.

I too find it hilarious when shows advert that a bonus feature, is leaving something out (i.e. credits). 🤣

I think the AtA edition will be quite lovely and as I'm not too concerned over Region coding, selected it over the GKIDS release.

Many forums are burning over the absence of "Fly Me To The Moon" but as the Licence holders for the song were asking the price of a house for it, I'm actually happy they were told to pound sand. Hopefully in the future, other licence holders will take the hint and not be so greedy.

The AtA ed will also sport both the ADV dub and the Netflix dub, so that should pacify some (who am I kidding, Otakus are NEVER content! heh) but since I'm a sub watcher regardless, I sit here unaffected.

Speaking of Brit Houses, Anime Limited has an early bird special up for a lovely CE of "Haibane Renmei" that I would highly recommend.

Perfect timing of course, since it's only been 2 weeks since I managed to track down the series on dvd...😒

Here's a link:

https://www.anime-on-line.com/Haibane-Renmei/31160-haibane-renmei-collection-collector-s-edition-12-blu-ray.html

They also have a stand-alone ed of the film: "Made in Abyss: Dawn of the Deep Soul" up for pre-order, though Sentai is selling the 3-film collection and it's up for pre-order as well (amaray ed, the Steel sold out in pre-order stage). Of course, the other 2 films are simply recaps of the series.

Here's a link to the AL edition;

https://www.anime-on-line.com/Made-in-Abyss-c-3103/31119-made-in-abyss-dawn-of-the-deep-soul-15-blu-ray.html

And the Sentai;

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/pre-order/products/made-in-abyss-theatrical-collection-blu-ray

Also, speaking of Sentai, they've got a few more key announcements of releases in the pipe, including "KAKEGURUI" S-1 which I think will be a blast!

Take a cruise of their site when you have opportunity folks and see it and the other new ones in the pipe.

Including...cough, cough, "Redo Of Healer", for those interested.  🤪

Last, I'll mention they have a CE of "Food Wars" S-4 also forthcoming but since those Bento Boxes are HUGE, I'm satisfied with the amaray of it I already purchased.

Cheers my friends!  😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Grendel said:

Odd to see that the German release is slimmer on extras but possibly they have a surprise in store yet to be announced.

feels game of thrones GIF

Nope german editions are notorious to lack extras. Yet they are nearly always sold at the same price or in some cases even more expensive. You can be glad in most cases if a slim booklet is included

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Well @Trianna, at least Germany has a thriving Anime retail support.

Canada is dragged along on the coat-tails of whatever American companies do, then jack the price through the roof for the same items.

Not just Amazoo but Best Buy, Wal-mart, and any other retail agent in this country just takes what they(sometimes) can get and then double or more the price.

Of course, the American retailers that even will ship to Canada, lay an import fee and taxes to the price, making importing as troublesome as paying the Canuck companies.

Although this can be said of most Blu-ray editions, the absolute worst is Anime.

And since these companies are so big and handle so many products, they do not give a damm if you buy it or not.

Yeah, I could have picked a helluva cheaper hobby to get involved in.

Like buying Gold, or Stocks... 🤣

Cheers my friend. 😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Haha 3

Hi Folks;

I just wanted to quickly mention, at times you will see a release claim that doesn't quite make sense.

In North America, when a series has completed for a full cour or a full year but has been selected for more still to come, you will see the claim "Complete Season".

In the U.K. and in some other countries you will see the claim "Complete Series" on occasion, when it only means a seasonal completion.

"Complete Series" in NA, signifies the title has run its' full measure and is now complete, as in ended.

Why the Brits use the term to ident a year's run, I have no idea. (lately I've noticed they are leaning more to the NA definition but not always).

This has come up in conversation a few times (not just here) so just wanted to point out that you do have to do your research sometimes, when you see the word "complete" beside a title.

Cheers  🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Endings of NGE / Road to 3.0 + 1.0

I may contribute my own thoughts to this later but for now, I wanted to share what Geoff Thew (Mother's Basement) has to say, as it is quite on point, imho.

Certainly at least, worth a quick watch.  🙂

p.s. don't worry too much about spoilers, there are few and out of context, irrelevant.

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 1

Hey Sensei @Grendel!!!...

I was wondering... Do you have "Weathering with you" CE??... Have you seen it on 4K?? IF so, how good/better is it compared to the 1080p BD?? I've never seen a 4K Anime so I'm kind of intrigued... Hahaa... xD

I haven't seen the movie and I wanted to buy the Steelbook, but I saw that the 4K disc is Exclusive to the CE and wanted to get it mostly for this 4K... Buuuuuuuuut, the price difference is big at this moment... Hahaa... :$

826663213577_anime-weathering-with-you-c

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Hey Sensei @Grendel!!!...

I was wondering... Do you have "Weathering with you" CE??... Have you seen it on 4K?? IF so, how good/better is it compared to the 1080p BD?? I've never seen a 4K Anime so I'm kind of intrigued... Hahaa... xD

I haven't seen the movie and I wanted to buy the Steelbook, but I saw that the 4K disc is Exclusive to the CE and wanted to get it mostly for this 4K... Buuuuuuuuut, the price difference is big at this moment... Hahaa... :$

826663213577_anime-weathering-with-you-c

I had a preorder on the ultimate deluxe edition from zavvi a year ago though I ended up cancelling it bc I had just about enough with their customer service and had cancelled like 5 preorders including this. Eventually, I will have a primo set of this one

waynes world GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Squeegie McGee said:

I had a preorder on the ultimate deluxe edition from zavvi a year ago though I ended up cancelling it bc I had just about enough with their customer service and had cancelled like 5 preorders including this. Eventually, I will have a primo set of this one

waynes world GIF

How good was that DE from Zavvi??... :o

I never never never get anything from them... They lost like 3 orders and was a pain to get refunded... So nope... I hate Zavvi... xD

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @LeGonze🙂

I'm personally not set up for 4K and although I have 3 eds of the film, I'm only able to watch Blu.

Which, imho, is gorgeous and though the 4K HDR may bring out more sparkles and sunshine, I'm content. 😍

Oh ok...

Usually 4K looks fantastic on live action... But not sure how will that work on Anime... Hahaa... I feel very intrigued... xD

I think I'll just get the Steelbook and try the 4K with another title... Thanks for your reply Sensei!! ^_^

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

How good was that DE from Zavvi??... :o

I never never never get anything from them... They lost like 3 orders and was a pain to get refunded... So nope... I hate Zavvi... xD

I never got it @LeGonze i cancelled that preorder. Last i read, it took FOREVER for people to get that set if they ever did receive their copy. I'm with you bro. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @LeGonze🙂

I'm personally not set up for 4K and although I have 3 eds of the film, I'm only able to watch Blu.

Which, imho, is gorgeous and though the 4K HDR may bring out more sparkles and sunshine, I'm content. 😍

I have a 4K setup and have the 4K SB of GiTS anime movie and it's magical! Hope all is well with ya @Grendel

• Like 2

Hi @Squeegie McGee😀

I'm doing quite well, thank-you.

I have a pretty nice home theatre set-up,;

- Pany Plas: 3D (VT65) so, 65 inch.

- x2 Panny Blu 3D players (R-A + R-Free)

- Yammy Rcvr (677)

- KEF LS 50s (F) /Q100s (R) /Axiom Sub /Axiom Ctr (speakers)

So, it would cost a bit of coin to upgrade.

With my tired old eyes, not yet convinced that's money well spent, as I receive stellar video + sound already...😉

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @Squeegie McGee😀

I'm doing quite well, thank-you.

I have a pretty nice home theatre set-up,;

- Pany Plas: 3D (VT65) so, 65 inch.

- x2 Panny Blu 3D players (R-A + R-Free)

- Yammy Rcvr (677)

- KEF LS 50s (F) /Q100s (R) /Axiom Sub /Axiom Ctr (speakers)

So, it would cost a bit of coin to upgrade.

With my tired old eyes, not yet convinced that's money well spent, as I receive stellar video + sound already...😉

@Grendel wow a plasma tv... I remember back in the day i wanted to get one. Nice setup! 4K is amazing though!

My setup:

Samsung Q70R 55" QLED

Samsung K8500 4K player

Pioneer VSX-532 5.1 receiver

Polk Audio PSW10 subwoofer 

Onkyo front, center, rear speakers ( came from my old Onkyo home theater in a box which the receiver went kaput )

Happy to hear you're doing well 😊 

Edited by Squeegie McGee
  • Like 3

Really nice set-up @Squeegie McGee 🤩

Lately, (through unrequested adverts) I've seen a dramatic 4K war going on with developers of OLED / QLED / LCD / LED etc, so I dunno when or what will finally float to the top. 😉

Though I'm not in the market currently, I do try to stay current on the tech innovations as they come out.

So far, nothing has screamed BUY ME NOW!!! loud enough for me to hear.

edit: Oh and @LeGonze if you haven't watched GitS by Monday, don't tell me, m'kay?  🤡

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

Just now, Grendel said:

Really nice set-up @Squeegie McGee 🤩

Lately, (through unrequested adverts) I've seen a dramatic 4K war going on with developers of OLED / QLED / LCD / LED etc, so I dunno when or what will finally float to the top. 😉

Though I'm not in the market currently, I do try to stay current on the tech innovations as they come out.

So far, nothing has screamed BUY ME NOW!!! loud enough for me to hear.

Thanks! 😀

I do the same @Grendel .... actually one tech to follow in the coming year or so is Samsung's QD-OLED TVs, it combines both QLED and OLED technology having the best of both worlds. It's been in development for the past few years and is about to make a debut next year. Though interested to see how this new tech will look like, I personally would wait another year or two after launch if I were to buy one because by then, all the kinks would have been worked out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just 'cause we are talking tech, @Squeegie McGee, I wanted to mention, my KEF LS-50s are a remarkable upgrade from my previous KEF m-102 S-II, swivel head monitor spkrs (which are um, large....)

I went one step further though, and bi-wired the LS-50s and the old 14 in. M-102 Bass units, with a cross-over at 120hz.

The 50s sit atop the Bass units (isolated, of course), after I yanked the swivel head treble / mid-range units off.
The Axiom sub doesn't even really kick in until 50hz, so it all harmonizes quite deliciously. 🥰

edit: dunno why I can't find a decent arse pic of my KEFs but this will give ya an idea of what I'm referring to.

I have vibro-iso pucks betwixt the bricks and the top of the woofer cases. 😉

this is an early pic from when I was just doing set-up. Not even wired yet.

SAM_0627.JPG

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Grendel said:

Just 'cause we are talking tech, @Squeegie McGee, I wanted to mention, my KEF LS-50s are a remarkable upgrade from my previous KEF m-102 S-II, swivel head monitor spkrs (which are um, large....)

I went one step further though, and bi-wired the LS-50s and the old 14 in. M-102 Bass units, with a cross-over at 120hz.

The 50s sit atop the Bass units (isolated, of course), after I yanked the swivel head treble / mid-range units off.
The Axiom sub doesn't even really kick in until 50hz, so it all harmonizes quite deliciously. 🥰

edit: dunno why I can't find a decent arse pic of my KEFs but this will give ya an idea of what I'm referring to.

I have vibro-iso pucks betwixt the bricks and the top of the woofer cases. 😉

this is an early pic from when I was just doing set-up. Not even wired yet.

SAM_0627.JPG

Very nice!

One other mod I did on mine is when I had bought my old Onkyo HITB, I opted not to use the speaker wiring that came with the kit and upgraded the wiring to 16 gauge wiring so the sound came out much crispier. When I upgraded everything but the speakers, I refreshed the wiring and HDMI cables... they sound purdy nice. 

Salt Bae Reaction GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1