IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

On 9/6/2021 at 2:30 PM, Grendel said:

Good Afternoon My Friends;  🙂

It's really great to see some fresh new posts from newer friends here in the dark, dank basement, behind the piled cardboard boxes...😉

Happy to also see, so many interested in NGE, which I consider one of the few top-shelf Anime that regardless of whatever year it was made, can be considered a classic worth viewing by anyone, at any time.

I'm of course thrilled that the wonderful "Future Boy Conan" is finally being released on Blu-ray. 🤩
I haven't seen it since it aired in the '90s on YTV  (Canada) with my Daughter but we most assuredly loved it and I believe we caught every one of the 26 episodes.

I'll be placing an order with RS for the amaray but will also keep an eagle eye peeled for an English friendly CE.

I'm confident that any of us here in the basement that hear of one, will spread the news pronto, heh.

As for other new releases I'm anxious for, that includes;

- Vinland Saga

- Kakegurui

- Made In Abyss film(s)

- DS: Mugen Train

and out now but yet to receive;

- Chihayafuru (S-3)

- Dororo

- Karakuri Circus (S-1>3)

- Kaiji (S-1 & 2)

None of the ones I've listed have as yet, been offered in CEs but I anticipate some of the bigger batters, such as Vinland Saga, Chihayafuru S-3 and Possibly Kakeguri, will get one.

Last point of interest, the Sentai "Labour Day Sale" ends at Midnight tonight.

Not a huge assortment of great titles on sale but a few possible gems.

Link:

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/2021-promotions-labor-day-sale

Cheers Folks. 😀

I'm sure it's been announced somewhere else, but I sent an inquiry to Sentai to which they confirmed a collector's edition blu-ray for Vinland Saga is planned. They didn't go into more detail that this, but I'm stoked!

• Like 3

Awards

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Afternoon @Jiggy Higgins😀

Thanks for dropping by my friend!

Indeed, we chatted about Vinland Saga receiving a CE a few pages back but it's always great to get confirmation from another source. Thanks! 👍

I have yet to see more than previews of the show so far, (not having any services) but loved the manga and I've heard from many, they did a great job with the show.

I'm holding off ordering the amaray in anticipation of the CE. Hopefully we see it this year.

Drop by often Buddy and we'd love to see pics of your treasures, whenever you have the opportunity.

Cheers!  😀

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 1

Hello @Grendel,

Morning for me here on the West Coast, but thanks for the warm invitation! I should have guessed it was brought up already, next time I'll do a more thorough search. As someone who watched the first season the week of its release, I have not lost an ounce of anticipation for the next season and desperately want a physical release fitting of the series; it's truly a beautiful story and incredibly animated.

If I ever get my hands on the outrageously priced (¥24,318-35,000 depending on retailer) blu-ray for Nomad: Megalobox 2 I will definitely be showing it off. That's my anime grail for the time being. I've not been collecting for long but I'm very glad there's a community here that appreciates it as much as I do.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Awards

Hi There @Jiggy Higgins🙂

Heh, no worries my friend. As mentioned, it's always great to get a confirm from another source, heh.

Indeed, there's a few of us here that are quite eager for the CE to drop.

Very happy that it's Sentai that got it for NA as well.

Nomad: Megalobox 2 looks LIT!

I have no doubt that RightStuf (RS) will provide a nice CE for it, their CE for S-1 is pretty cool.

Megalobox Limited Edition Blu-ray + GWP

Anime Limited (AtA) also provided a pretty sweet CE for S-1 as well.

Link;

https://www.alltheanime.com/products/megalobox-blu-ray-collectors-edition

//cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0283/4240/products/MEGALOBOX_open_AN_x1024.jpg?v=1602333513

Did you pick up the earlier series Hajime No Ippo and/or the film Tomorrow's Joe: The Movie ?

RS has both, should you have interest;

Links;

Series:  https://www.rightstufanime.com/Hajime-No-Ippo-The-Fighting-TV-Series-Collection-1-Blu-ray?keywords=the fighting

Film:    https://www.rightstufanime.com/Tomorrows-Joe-The-Movie-Blu-ray-DVD

Do you already have the Japanese S-1 CE for Megalobox? (and is it English friendly?)

The Japanese eds are usually pretty dang pricey, I only have a few of them. It's also a trial to discover which ones are Eng friendly as well.

From a "collector's" point of view, it usually doesn't matter of course, as we've usually already bought an ed for viewing and the CEs as art objects.

I have a few in that category, heh.

Best of luck on your hunt Buddy!  😀

• Like 3

I have the AtA "blue box" edition of S1, I'm very happy with it. As for the Japanese specific releases I know at least he red box states the only language available, both sub and dub, is Japanese. On top of this, I prefer the spine of the AtA release a lot better, so I didn't buy the Japanese edition.

I actually reached out to AtA about a Nomad release and they confirmed they would not be doing a release for the title 😕Untitled-1.thumb.jpg.73186e1f86f74b91563b01b3e0f1f272.jpg

Haven't talked to RS, though I wasn't as happy with their release but I probably should.

I do not have any physical copies of Hajime No Ippo and am waiting for a premium release. Coming in January I'll be moving into my first home and want to try making my own paper hardcover full slips for blu-rays. If Hajime No Ippo doesn't have a CE by then I'll probably try to make my own.

• Like 3

Awards

1 hour ago, Jiggy Higgins said:

As someone who watched the first season the week of its release, I have not lost an ounce of anticipation for the next season and desperately want a physical release fitting of the series; it's truly a beautiful story and incredibly animated.

I got a little lost... Hahaa... :D

Are you talking about Vinland Saga or Akudama Drive?? 9_9

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

I got a little lost... Hahaa... :D

Are you talking about Vinland Saga or Akudama Drive?? 9_9

Hi @LeGonze😀

We were discussing Vinland Saga wrt the quote you've highlighted. 😉

The amaray for it is available now at Sentai and we are still eagerly anticipating a CE they've forecasted.

Hopefully, we see it this year!

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @LeGonze😀

We were discussing Vinland Saga wrt the quote you've highlighted. 😉

The amaray for it is available now at Sentai and we are still eagerly anticipating a CE they've forecasted.

Hopefully, we see it this year!

Thanks Sensei!

So, definitely looks like a good option to watch... ^_^

• Like 1

Hi @LeGonze;  🙂

I think you would very much enjoy Vinland Saga.

It's a show about Vikings, so ya know it's gonna be action oriented but it's also a wonderful tale of a young lad growing up and dealing with the harsh realities of a Viking existence.

I don't want to spoil it for ya but you may want to check out some reference materials on Wiki or if ya don't mind mini-spoilers, on Youtube. 😉

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jiggy Higgins said:

@LeGonze The series has a lot of action but the story is full of emotion and surprises. I cannot speak for the entire story, as I've only seen what's available through anime, but the character growth of even minor characters makes for a rich story. I love it!

Thanks Man!!... I'll be eyeing that CE when available... ^_^

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
On 9/13/2021 at 5:17 PM, Jiggy Higgins said:

I'm sure it's been announced somewhere else, but I sent an inquiry to Sentai to which they confirmed a collector's edition blu-ray for Vinland Saga is planned. They didn't go into more detail that this, but I'm stoked!

😍 a collectors Edition would be awesome. I have not come around to watch the series (it is included on amazon prime here in Germany), but I want a disc anyway.

I know it from the Manga (which is awesome), the art is absolutely stunning and so rich on details. If you have not yet picked that up, it is a must for everyone reading Manga 😀.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

😍 a collectors Edition would be awesome. I have not come around to watch the series (it is included on amazon prime here in Germany), but I want a disc anyway.

I know it from the Manga (which is awesome), the art is absolutely stunning and so rich on details. If you have not yet picked that up, it is a must for everyone reading Manga 😀.

If you decide to start it make sure you have the next 24 hours on your schedule cleared, you might not be able to stop watching 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Awards

4 minutes ago, Jiggy Higgins said:

If you decide to start it make sure you have the next 24 hours on your schedule cleared, you might not be able to stop watching 😂

Really!??… Is that good??… 😱😱

Ok. Definitely I’m intrigued. 🤓🤓

Have you watched Akudama Drive?? Im very intrigued on that one too. 😅

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Really!??… Is that good??… 😱😱

Ok. Definitely I’m intrigued. 🤓🤓

Have you watched Akudama Drive?? Im very intrigued on that one too. 😅

It was for me! Though maybe I just like Vikings too much 😆

I haven't watched Akudama Drive, it's on my list but I'm currently blazing through Hajime no Ippo; I'll have my hands full for a while.

• Like 3

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
15 minutes ago, Jiggy Higgins said:

No chance 😆, I never ever binge watch anything. I actually like seeing 1 episode at a time. But I'm happy to hear that they did a good job with the adaptation 😃

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jiggy Higgins said:

It was for me! Though maybe I just like Vikings too much 😆

I haven't watched Akudama Drive, it's on my list but I'm currently blazing through Hajime no Ippo; I'll have my hands full for a while.

Hajime no ippo one of my favs was gutted they never did anymore after the ones they did. I like my sports anime but lately just been looking around for something new only thing i i like at the minute is tokyo revengers.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

I’ve heard great things about this one… And I think the Manga is killing it in Japan… 😎😎

I really like it sadly its the last episode on sunday gonna be long wait till next one. What i will say is it like a roller-coaster of emotions watching this. I wont say no more incase you want to watch it or anyone else does but definitely recommend.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

How many episodes are out there?? Is it finished or just S1??… 🤓🤓

• There is the first season, Fighting Spirit, which is 75 episodes
  • Then I believe the order is Champion Road and Mashiba vs Kimura, 2 specials that act as the season finales
  • After that there are two shorter seasons

In total the series has over 130 episodes if you include the specials and OVA

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awards

6 minutes ago, Jiggy Higgins said:
  • There is the first season, Fighting Spirit, which is 75 episodes
  • Then I believe the order is Champion Road and Mashiba vs Kimura, 2 specials that act as the season finales
  • After that there are two shorter seasons

In total the series has over 130 episodes if you include the specials and OVA

Wow!!… That thing is huge!!… Sooo, what does the Standar edition already on preorder contains?? All of it?? 🤓🤓

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hecko said:

I really like it sadly its the last episode on sunday gonna be long wait till next one. What i will say is it like a roller-coaster of emotions watching this. I wont say no more incase you want to watch it or anyone else does but definitely recommend.

Yeah!! Thanks!! I do want to watch it!! 😬😬

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Wow!!… That thing is huge!!… Sooo, what does the Standar edition already on preorder contains?? All of it?? 🤓🤓

Unfortunately the blu-rays currently out and the pre-order are all of the first season (each containing 25 episodes). There isn't a full season 1 blu-ray release, though this isn't uncommon. Jujutsu Kaisen for example has a blu-ray collection with each disc only containing 3 episodes!

Screenshot 2021-09-15 092903.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awards