IGNORED

New Anime Blu-ray Release Topic

extantsrevenge

8 minutes ago, Jiggy Higgins said:

Unfortunately the blu-rays currently out and the pre-order are all of the first season (each containing 25 episodes). There isn't a full season 1 blu-ray release

Oh Ok!!… Well… Let’s wait for that CE whenever it comes… 😎😎

Thanks hermano!! I’m happy that we are a couple more in here!! 😃😉

• Like 2

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys!!… 

As I was looking for that Vinland Saga release, I stayed on RSA to see if we’re getting something new for preorder and guess what I found??!!… 😬😬😬

Finally available!!… Demon Slayer Mugen Train Limited Edition.

I really really hope we get those art cards that came in the Japanese Edition, but the description only says CD Sound Track, Deluxe Booklet, and the Special Digipack. If it doesn’t come with those art cards I will regret not getting the japanese edition… 🥺🥺

Also the Standard Ed is up for preorder at $26.24.

E736D719-CFF6-4AFF-A8AB-8BCC88FFE152.png

EBA48F5D-69F9-477A-B7F3-7D385F6E5F9C.png

3FEA8949-8711-44E0-AA0A-3AD01890F8F5.png

In this Unboxing you can see those Artcards and Little posters that I would like to get... But I'm Pretty sure we're only getting the Boxset and nothing else... :(

Edited by LeGonze
  • Like 3

Hi @LeGonze my Buddy and our other Anime Fans;  🙂

Very nice of you to take the opportunity to put up the reveal/order info for DS: Mugen Train.

Glad to finally see this moving forward.

Though I suspect we'll see a variety of releases for this from a few countries, I've in fact placed an order with RightStuf, as I know that the Aniplex release they host, will have excellent PQ/AQ that clones the Japanese release. 😀

Of course, in order to make the purchase palatable, I ordered a few other items as well, in order to take advantage of free shipping to Canada (over $250 Usd), including;

- Made In Abyss; Theatrical Collection (also have the AtA ed coming)

- Konosuba S-1 & 2; (for my Girls, I have the AtA spec eds)

- Black Rock Shooter; amaray

- Akudama Drive S-1; spec ed.

Cheers Buddy!  😍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

Very nice of you to take the opportunity to put up the reveal/order info for DS: Mugen Train.

My pleasure Sensei!! 🙏🏼🙏🏼😬

I will definitely Preorder it too… 🤓🤓

Do you have those Limited Editions for S1-1 and S2-2 from RSA?? Those seem to match perfectly with this Movie Release. 😍😍 I’m really thinking on getting those… Do you think RSA could drop that price a bit in a winter sale or something?? $129.99 per part it’s pretty expensive… But they  look beautiful to be honest…

f course, in order to make the purchase palatable, I ordered a few other items as well, in order to take advantage of free shipping to Canada (over $250 Usd), including;

- Made In Abyss; Theatrical Collection (also have the AtA ed coming)

- Konosuba S-1 & 2; (for my Girls, I have the AtA spec eds)

- Black Rock Shooter; amaray

- Akudama Drive S-1; spec ed.

I knew you were going to get something else!! I knew it!! 😅😅

I think I will get that Akudama Drive LE too… It definitely intrigues me too much… 😬😬

40 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Btw @LeGonze🙂

I've mentioned previously there are a few Youtube channels that I think you would get a kick out of and one vid in particular, which provides some insight into some excellent Shonen battles, I think is worth your time at earliest convenience, my friend;

😍

Thanks sensei!! I’ll watch it tomorrow… It a little late… 🙏🏼🙏🏼

Good night guys!!

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
15 hours ago, Hecko said:

Hajime no ippo one of my favs was gutted they never did anymore after the ones they did. I like my sports anime but lately just been looking around for something new only thing i i like at the minute is tokyo revengers.

I love Fighting Spirit too, I hope they will someday continue and make another season.

Other Sports Anime I would highly recommend are: Chihayafuru, Yawara, Major, Touch, Cross Game. Sadly besides Chihayafuru nothing available when it comes to english friendly discs.

I also like Tokyo Revengers, it is clearly the highlight of the recent seasons.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi @LeGonze and other Anime loving Friends;  🙂

I did indeed already grab the Aniplex releases for Demon Slayer: S-1, Pts 1 & 2. 🙂

I also received the UK CE sets from AtA.

I'll be keeping an eye for the UK release of Mugen Train but sadly, AtA will not be Hosting it, Funimation UK will.

So, we'll probably see it offered via Anime-on-Line;

Link: (to main site homepage)

https://www.anime-on-line.com/

Nice Sports recommendations there @extantsrevenge, my Buddy!

Still awaiting word on a spec ed for Chihayafuru S-3 (from Sentai), though if folks have interest in the amaray, it's available to order now from them.

Sentai Link: (main page)

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/

I've caught some info on Tokyo Revengers and though it's once again a time slip show (which can be hit or miss) this one has a strong Manga following and from what I've heard so far, they've done a great job with the show as well.

I suspect I'll be checking it out further. 😉

Pics of Aniplex DS for ya @LeGonze

image.thumb.jpeg.e56a5d4bb3307b4fb6cd9a7a6ce84d00.jpeg

Pics of AtA DS; S-1 Pt-1

image.thumb.jpeg.fbc5069eea272a3ee044aea0c97e01f4.jpeg

Pics of AtA DS; S-1 Pt-2 (top left ed in the pic, the box houses both Parts)

image.thumb.jpeg.ddb7fe1241a7c43e749a8810b6f8807c.jpeg

🥰

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi @LeGonze and other Anime loving Friends;  🙂

I did indeed already grab the Aniplex releases for Demon Slayer: S-1, Pts 1 & 2. 🙂

I also received the UK CE sets from AtA.

I'll be keeping an eye for the UK release of Mugen Train but sadly, AtA will not be Hosting it, Funimation UK will.

So, we'll probably see it offered via Anime-on-Line;

Link: (to main site homepage)

https://www.anime-on-line.com/

Nice Sports recommendations there @extantsrevenge, my Buddy!

Still awaiting word on a spec ed for Chihayafuru S-3 (from Sentai), though if folks have interest in the amaray, it's available to order now from them.

Sentai Link: (main page)

https://www.sentaifilmworks.com/

I've caught some info on Tokyo Revengers and though it's once again a time slip show (which can be hit or miss) this one has a strong Manga following and from what I've heard so far, they've done a great job with the show as well.

I suspect I'll be checking it out further. 😉

Pics of AtA DS; S-1 Pt-1

image.thumb.jpeg.fbc5069eea272a3ee044aea0c97e01f4.jpeg

Pics of AtA DS; S-1 Pt-2 (top left ed in the pic, the box houses both Parts)

image.thumb.jpeg.ddb7fe1241a7c43e749a8810b6f8807c.jpeg

🥰

Nice pickups! Did you just now receive King of Pigs? I'm super jealous of this slip, but I've been too scared to watch it online, hearing about how brutal and dismal the film is; do you recommend it?

• Like 4

Awards

Hi @Jiggy Higgins😀

Hmm, King Of Pigs has definitely earned its rep as a brutal and 'realistic' portrayal of bullying and teen aggression (though the adults are just as bad).

As I'm sure you are aware, it's a Korean film, however it certainly made a name for itself and kick-started Yoen Sang-ho's career (and made a lot of folks take notice S. Korea's film making endeavours as well).

That's the "Plain Archive" spec ed in the pic and I managed to track it down just earlier this year.

Hard to recommend purchasing such a downer show but certainly worth a viewing and if those type shows don't phase ya, yes, buy it!

I'm honestly not sure what all eds are floating around out in the wild, so best of luck on your hunt Buddy! 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi @LeGonze🙂

Two points I neglected to address.

1st, thanks much for the presentation of the DS: Mugen Train unboxing!

This gentleman seems to know his stuff and I appreciate the care he takes with his presentations. Definitely will need to check out his other vids! 🤩

Also, that Aniplex Japan edition ( and the artworks) are all quite gorgeous indeed.

Sadly, I'm all outta wall space and although I can make room, a lot of those shinies would just end up in a drawer, I'm afraid.

2nd; You queried if Aniplex USA may put their offerings up on sale?

Sadly, although it's not unheard of, Aniplex USA  (via RightStuf or even TOM) very very rarely puts anything on sale.

I suppose they can afford to sit back and say, "if they want it...they'll buy it..."

It's frustrating, to be sure and they get a LOT of flak for it but it falls on deaf ears I guess.

If I was as hard-core for the show as the gent in the YT video was, I'd probably go the extra mile and get the Japanese eds but as I'm sure you are more than aware, us Psychos have diverse tastes and only so much money...heh.

Cheers my Buddy! 😉

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Grendel said:

Hi @LeGonze🙂

Two points I neglected to address.

1st, thanks much for the presentation of the DS: Mugen Train unboxing!

This gentleman seems to know his stuff and I appreciate the care he takes with his presentations. Definitely will need to check out his other vids! 🤩

Also, that Aniplex Japan edition ( and the artworks) are all quite gorgeous indeed.

Sadly, I'm all outta wall space and although I can make room, a lot of those shinies would just end up in a drawer, I'm afraid.

Yeah I get you... I also don't really want some of the bigger things like that drawing and paiting... Even though those are beautiful... But I would definitely want the smaller art cards inside a nice folder or something... But well... Let's see what we get... ^_^

20 hours ago, Grendel said:

2nd; You queried if Aniplex USA may put their offerings up on sale?

Sadly, although it's not unheard of, Aniplex USA  (via RightStuf or even TOM) very very rarely puts anything on sale.

I suppose they can afford to sit back and say, "if they want it...they'll buy it..."

It's frustrating, to be sure and they get a LOT of flak for it but it falls on deaf ears I guess.

Oh ok... That's a shame... And it's kind of sad as I wanted to apply a 10% coupon I got, but it said "Item not eligible for Promotional Discounts"... Hahaa... I was like... Daaamn you Aniplex!!... xD I had to use that coupon so I got Dr. Stone Limited Edition box. 9_9

I've been wanting both sets for a year now... Hahaa... And been waiting for a discount but had none... But I just watch your pictures and some unboxing videos and I need them!!... I will end up buying these to match with Mugen Train Release... xD

By the way... These do come with artcards right?? Do they have some kind of texture or just a plain image?? 9_9

As always... I really really appreciate your detailed comments!!... Thanks Sensei!!.. ^_^^_^

On 9/16/2021 at 1:15 PM, Grendel said:

• Like 2

Hi @LeGonze🙂

Yes indeed, the Aniplex spec ed sets for DS came with cards and a booklet as well as the OSTs on CD.

As opposed to me pulling my sets back out, I'd suggest pulling them up on RightStuf to see all the goodies my friend. 😉

The AtA Spec ed sets for DS came with art cards and a booklet as well (but no OST).

Thanks for the back-up recommendation for TR there @Squeegie McGee, 👍.

Pretty sure I'll end up picking up the Blu(s) when released.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Folks;  😀

Just wanted to quickly mention that a couple nights ago, I placed an order for the following via Zavvi;

Links ( since they mess with their pics);

- https://www.zavvi.com/dvd/last-exile.../10766051.html (dvd)

- https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-la.../10809018.html

- https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/last-e.../10873437.html ( I think I got the last one but I've seen it elsewhere, i.e. Amazon).

edit: oh yeah, this as well;

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/erased.../12771519.html

yes, you are reading that right, got it for 15 quid...🤩

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi Folks;  😀

Just wanted to quickly mention that a couple nights ago, I placed an order for the following via Zavvi;

Links ( since they mess with their pics);

- https://www.zavvi.com/dvd/last-exile.../10766051.html (dvd)

- https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/the-la.../10809018.html

- https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/last-e.../10873437.html ( I think I got the last one but I've seen it elsewhere, i.e. Amazon).

edit: oh yeah, this as well;

https://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/erased.../12771519.html

yes, you are reading that right, got it for 15 quid...🤩

Oh man I can’t believe I missed that erased box, that’s a great pick up, it’s sold out now. Is there a sale on at Zavvi at the moment? I’m going for a gander. 

• Like 3

^^ There's always seems to be some kind of sale on Zavvi, @Mattrivers95 but frustratingly, it's often a hunt and peck check it seems.

Selecting their Main, "Blu-ray and Dvd" from the "Shop By Product" link at top of page seems to give the best hi-lights but again, the ones I discovered mentioned above was only by scrolling thru their entire bloody Anime selection.

Frustrating, I know...😬

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Grendel said:

^^ There's always seems to be some kind of sale on Zavvi, @Mattrivers95 but frustratingly, it's often a hunt and peck check it seems.

Selecting their Main, "Blu-ray and Dvd" from the "Shop By Product" link at top of page seems to give the best hi-lights but again, the ones I discovered mentioned above was only by scrolling thru their entire bloody Anime selection.

Frustrating, I know...😬

Yeah I randomly came across the samurai champloo steelbook for £15 the other week. I keep watching the opening two episodes of series I haven’t seen on Netflix, then if I like them I look for a Blu ray but the list is getting longer and longer. My current wish list already includes -

fate stay/night ubw 

steinsgate

ajin

vinland saga

bunnygirl senpai

berserk

miss koboyashi 

angel beats 

and this doesn’t include forthcoming releases or dvd catalog titles.

• Like 4

That's an awesome list @Mattrivers95, and I think you should be able to fulfill most of it from a variety of sites (well, except for "Angel Beats" good luck with that one my Buddy!).

I believe you've stated in the past that you are Region Free?

If so, then I'd suggest seeing what ya can do via our NA HUBs for Sentai and RightStuf orders, as I know they have some of those on offer.

There's more than a few links to their sites, on this page alone ( I know, I linked them) so take a cruise and see what ya can see.

Best of luck! 😍

edit: of course, don't forget Anime Limited (UK) and Anime-On-Line (UK) as well.

Edited by Grendel
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Grendel said:

That's an awesome list @Mattrivers95, and I think you should be able to fulfill most of it from a variety of sites (well, except for "Angel Beats" good luck with that one my Buddy!).

I believe you've stated in the past that you are Region Free?

If so, then I'd suggest seeing what ya can do via our NA HUBs for Sentai and RightStuf orders, as I know they have some of those on offer.

There's more than a few links to their sites, on this page alone ( I know, I linked them) so take a cruise and see what ya can see.

Best of luck! 😍

Yeah I just used right stuff to pick up k-on and clannad after reading the uk funimation releases were using old transfers, they arrived super quickly too. I’ll definitely use them again.

• Like 3

Ha! Fair enough these are my most recent pick ups

nge dvds - I managed to get these on eBay for a reasonable price, I have the Blu ray ce on pre order. A first time watch for me, I plan on watching the sub version this week.

paranoia agent MVM 

millenium actress 4k ATA - PA was a first time watch and it was rather disturbing but it was very compelling, and what an op! MA I’d seen a long time ago and was due a rewatch.

clannad sentai 

sound euphonium ata

a silent voice ata

violet evergarden ata

Clannad funi 

tamako market/love story ata

k-on sentai - I’ve been on a Kyoto animation binge recently, I don’t usually like slice of life anime but love their stuff. VE and ASV I’d seen on Netflix but the rest were first time watches. Loved eupho and tamako.

Your name 4k ata

Weathering with you 4k ata

akira 4k ive 

samurai champloo MVM -  these were all pick ups I’d seen apart from SC which I’m watching now with subs.

923AB38B-3F91-42F6-BD16-1E1A32C28078.jpeg

297A1345-6A84-44ED-A449-E187B1D27A46.jpeg

AEE88198-3C3A-4B16-822F-5959EE60592F.jpeg

2CDE523D-6487-417D-B934-D5ADF858B39E.jpeg

4C632CDA-55C5-4F5F-BCE8-8B6E1A34C2F9.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2